PDA

View Full Version : Dont flame me but this team does not deserve the playoffs

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I am sorry but any team giving up over 400 pts
is not a playoff team.

SlowBRAIN with his good defensive calls for 2 series
and then sitting back up 13-0 is inexcusable.

He makes Larry Coyer look like Buddy Ryan on the
1985 Bears defense

Even if they do get there, Indy/Balt/NE will destroy
this team. They need a major overahaul on defense
and also could use some better luck at RB. I think Hillis
can be good but hopefully Torrain or some other
backup can be a change of pace.

No more Selvin or Tatum they suck

I will root for them to win like I do every week
but do not feel confident now.

Shanny should also have some more control
over this team. They are so fragile when they
have a lead. IT has happened all season long, except
for the Raider and Jets games all games that seemed
like easy wins were choke jobs or close wins or lucky wins
(first game vs SD and NO)

okay bring on the blowtorch :peep: :flame: :target:

i am ready

Northman
12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Deserve really has nothing to do with it. We werent expected to get there anyway.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Deserve really has nothing to do with it. We werent expected to get there anyway.

Yes but just about choking a 3 game lead away is inexcusable.

I can see the loss at Car but yesterday was pathetic.

poor coaching, especially on defense making Edwards
look like Tom Brady last season :mad:

and cutler getting picked at the 1 :mad:
and then not converting after getting a gift no pick call:mad:

CoachChaz
12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
No team from the West (AFC and NFC) should be allowed in the playoffs. New rule

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 09:28 AM
No team from the West (AFC and NFC) should be allowed in the playoffs. New rule

lol I am the jinx my articles on Arizona and Tampa have put them
both in a tailspin:lol:

MasterShake
12-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Probably true, but both San Diego and Denver had to work really hard to suck so much to set up this Sunday night game. To be honest, they previewed the game last night as next weeks matchup, and I got a little pumped. Neither team DESERVES to be there, but I really don't like Phillip Rivers. I hope we kick their ass in their backyard. Thats my Super Bowl this year.

haroldthebarrel
12-22-2008, 09:55 AM
They are incredibly mentally weak. The twenty scripted plays works usually.
We lead the first quarter in scoring. The defense has some stops in the first quarter.

And if the offense start to sputter the defense completely self destruct. and then the offense overcompensates.

I have never seen such examples of overthinking in my life.

Why cant we run the same plays until they can stop us on offense. Why change?

and why did Slowik have to put in the lb that started the season?
It worked with the rookies.

Cutler is the only player on offense who seem to take a play at a time.
And he has shown he is no Elway. He doesnt have Elways ability to make a play out of nothing. He will own Elways records but he wont be the player he was.

The way I see it we have one chance to stop the Chargers. Play WW at will and have DJ back to Mike.

On offense we need to have some run game but more importantly is not throw away plays that works. We need the playaction for the big play.

This team is so mentally weak they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. We hope they do though, but the fact is they dont deserve it.

Mike
12-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I really don't think we have to worry about going to the playoffs.

Dirk
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I blame it all on the announcers for the game. It was the "announcer jinx"!

They HAD to put up the stat that NO TEAM has ever had a 3 game lead and not make the playoffs. *&^%$#%$ Announcers!

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 10:11 AM
This team sucks. Higher draft pick, please.

broncofaninfla
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
No way that we have the talent or coaching on defense to represent the AFC this year. If we lose this week, I'll take solice that we are getting a better draft pick.

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
No way that we have the talent or coaching on defense to represent the AFC this year. If we lose this week, I'll take solice that we are getting a better draft pick.

:woot:

Two spots!

Yeah, I'm not really excited about No. 16 vs. No. 14.

Flatinum
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Deja Vous from 2 seasons ago vs SF. When they didn't convert those red zone chances to TD's in the first quarter I told the guys I was watching the game with that it would come back to haunt them.

As bad as the defense has been all season I blame yesterdays debacle on Culter and the offense. Yeah they put up 500+ yds but when push came to shove they couldn't score when it mattered. Against a defense that isn't very good either.

I think they have no shot next week @SD, then again I thought they had no chance of losing yesterday either. We'll see.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Is that where we're pretty much locked in if we lose? Tight. Top fifteen boosts the value. Lose Denver.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Actually looks like if we lose, based on S.O.S; we could be #11 - #13, #15 at the worst. HELL YES.

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Is that where we're pretty much locked in if we lose? Tight. Top fifteen boosts the value. Lose Denver.

In all seriousness, we are in the 14-17 grouping right now with New Orleans, Washington and Arizona.

New Orleans has Carolina in kind of a meaningless game for the Panthers. Washington has San Francisco in a meaningless game, and Arizona has Seattle in a meaningless game. The 7-8 crowd is San Diego, Buffalo and Houston. Houston has Chicago, Buffalo has New England...Either way, we're mid-teens, I think...

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
The higher the better. It's all about the NFL Draft.

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
The higher the better. It's all about the NFL Draft.

There is only one Draft.

claymore
12-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Whats this draft good for? LB'er Saftey?

Fan in Exile
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
This is just frustration talking. If we win on Sunday then we totally deserve to go to the playoffs. We will have fulfilled all of the requirements that the NFL has set up for receiving a play-off berth. Any team that has lost as many RB's as we have and dealt with all the injuries on defense that we have and still has a winning record has earned all they get.

Who deserves it more than we do? One of the teams from the East? They have had 8 games against the NFC/AFC west?

Have we been perfect? Nope. Do the rules say that we deserve a shot at the play-offs to see what we can do, if we win on Sunday night? Yep.

jrelway
12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
geez. everyone in the playoffs has a chance to go all the way. choking away a 3 game division lead is whats disturbing. losing to the bills at home is some horse shit.

sacmar
12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Half the teams still in the hunt don't so called deserve to be in the playoffs either. Hell the most deserving is probably the pats who i hate but damn if they missed with so many wins..anyhow. Deserve...who gives a crap about deserve. Would you give back a million bucks in lottery winnings because you didn't deserve it. It's get there anyway you can and then the season starts all over. Do the chargers deserve it with the horrific way they started the season. Do they deserve it more cause they squeaked past the chiefs..no more than us or any other team. C'mon guys keep you pride and heads up. This is really no big deal the playoffs start a week early for us is all. And what better way than to beat the "deserving" chargers in thier own home. We can beat any team any week, same with our ability to loose to any team. I'll be on my couch rooting and going crazy this weekend. And if we do loose oh well with what we've had to work with it's the teams worst than us that really should be ashamed. I'm dissappointed but still proud to be a bronco......@#$ the god $@#@ chargers !!! And not at all a flame on anyone at all everyone is entitled to their own persepctive....

Bronco Bible
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM
is not a playoff team.

1985 Bears defense

i am ready

And SD does?????????

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 01:39 PM
And SD does?????????

At least they showed up the last 2 weeks when they had to win.

They got lucky vs KC and absolutely smoked
a team that is also fighting for their playoff lives
at their house where they were 6-0?

Our Defense and bad luck with RB has finally caught up to us.

Also Cutler has to learn not to get picked so much in the Red Zone.
The pick at the 1 was inexcusable. Its not like that was the last play
of the game. They were moving the ball. He is so up and down still.

very very frustrating really :mad:

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
puke!!!!

win or be real shitty.... crappy draft spot, no playoffs...

losers

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I do think SAN is going to kick some ass, they are starting to peak and we are same ole same ole..

When this team matures a bit considering the age of most of the starters I think we were lucky to end the season 8-8. I thought we would be from 4-12 to 7-9 at best..

Had SAN not taken a dump after our game we would not even be discussing this.. They had talent out the kazoo and did not take advantage of it.. Suspect it is coaching on their part also..

We never deserved to go to the play off with NO running game and what has to be the worst defense in the league.. NO way folks ..

I still have to wonder if young is going to get his 1697 yards this game to get to his goal.. AHAHAHAHAHA

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
The draft is deep at linebacker and safety, two places we need real brains and braun at. It's also good and will be great with junior declarations on the DL. Cornerback has some nice players as well. We should draft a player from ever defensive position. Why not? S, LB, DT, DE and CB. Can't hurt. We have the picks, plus we can get an offensive guy like an OG/C and a RB, perhaps a KR/RS as well. Let's do this.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
The draft is deep at linebacker and safety, two places we need real brains and braun at. It's also good and will be great with junior declarations on the DL. Cornerback has some nice players as well. We should draft a player from ever defensive position. Why not? S, LB, DT, DE and CB. Can't hurt. We have the picks, plus we can get an offensive guy like an OG/C and a RB, perhaps a KR/RS as well. Let's do this.

and get rid of SLOWBRAIN In the process please

omac
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Actually, the last 3 games, their schedule was Oakland, KC, then Tampa; ours was KC, the Panthers, then Buffalo. They were favored to beat Oakland and KC anyway, but they did beat Tampa, whether Garcia was 100% or not. The Panthers were favored to beat us, while we were favored to beat KC and slightly favored to beat the Bills; unfortunately, we lost our last reliable RB in Hillis in the KC game.

I agree with you about our defense and our bad luck with injuries.

Cutler being picked a lot in the endzone didn't sound right, so I checked. This season, for all the times the Broncos have been in the red zone, Cutler's only thrown 3 picks there: at the SD 4, the NYJ 13, and the BUFF 15.

Also, the Broncos' red zone is (or was before the injuries) among the top in the NFL. Not surprisingly, what contributed to our success in the red zone was being able to rely on our RBs for some TD runs: For the 1st 3 games of the season, Pittman scored 4 TDs, just using him as a short yardage back; Hillis, too, had 5 TDs in 4 games. Torrain even got a rushing TD in his only almost full game he played before getting injured.

In the 8 combined games where Pittman, Torrain, and Hillis scored TDs, we won 7 of them. Of those 7 games, we scored 41, 39, 34, 34, 24, 34, 24.

That alone should tell you that when the rushing offense can contribute to our already pass-heavy offense, we score good points, we're good in the red zone, and we win. There's a semblance of balance that the defense must respect.

Maybe you shouldn't feel frustrated that our offense isn't doing as well right now, because we are on our 6th starting RB, and he was a cell phone salesman just a short while back. :D

Passing against a defense that knows you're gonna pass is very risky. As it was, almost all of Cutler's passes in the red zone in the last 2 drives were short pass attempts. They're just tougher to complete them, because the defense isn't given any reason to respect the run.

I wasn't surprised with the Buffalo loss; Carolina showed what a team can do against a one-dimensional offense, and the Bills just followed suit. SD should be able to do the same, barring Tatum Bell becoming a Justin Fargas type player. :D

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Actually, the last 3 games, their schedule was Oakland, KC, then Tampa; ours was KC, the Panthers, then Buffalo. They were favored to beat Oakland and KC anyway, but they did beat Tampa, whether Garcia was 100% or not. The Panthers were favored to beat us, while we were favored to beat KC and slightly favored to beat the Bills; unfortunately, we lost our last reliable RB in Hillis in the KC game.

I agree with you about our defense and our bad luck with injuries.

Cutler being picked a lot in the endzone didn't sound right, so I checked. This season, for all the times the Broncos have been in the red zone, Cutler's only thrown 3 picks there: at the SD 4, the NYJ 13, and the BUFF 15.

Also, the Broncos' red zone is (or was before the injuries) among the top in the NFL. Not surprisingly, what contributed to our success in the red zone was being able to rely on our RBs for some TD runs: For the 1st 3 games of the season, Pittman scored 4 TDs, just using him as a short yardage back; Hillis, too, had 5 TDs in 4 games. Torrain even got a rushing TD in his only almost full game he played before getting injured.

In the 8 combined games where Pittman, Torrain, and Hillis scored TDs, we won 7 of them. Of those 7 games, we scored 41, 39, 34, 34, 24, 34, 24.

That alone should tell you that when the rushing offense can contribute to our already pass-heavy offense, we score good points, we're good in the red zone, and we win. There's a semblance of balance that the defense must respect.

Maybe you shouldn't feel frustrated that our offense isn't doing as well right now, because we are on our 6th starting RB, and he was a cell phone salesman just a short while back. :D

Passing against a defense that knows you're gonna pass is very risky. As it was, almost all of Cutler's passes in the red zone in the last 2 drives were short pass attempts. They're just tougher to complete them, because the defense isn't given any reason to respect the run.

I wasn't surprised with the Buffalo loss; Carolina showed what a team can do against a one-dimensional offense, and the Bills just followed suit. SD should be able to do the same, barring Tatum Bell becoming a Justin Fargas type player. :D

The interceptions are frustrating, and he really hasn't thrown too many. He really hasn't. The frustrating thing is this team's fumbling the football.

Last in turnover margin in the AFC, second to worst in the NFL. It's just not good. You can't win like that.

omac
12-22-2008, 04:18 PM
The interceptions are frustrating, and he really hasn't thrown too many. He really hasn't. The frustrating thing is this team's fumbling the football.

Last in turnover margin in the AFC, second to worst in the NFL. It's just not good. You can't win like that.

Yeah, plus the give-away, take-away thing. I'd like our defense to be able to make some plays and cause turnovers, to balance mistakes from the offense. Unfortunately, the Broncos defense are 31st in INTs with only 6 for the season, and 30th in forced fumbles with 9.

Bronco Bible
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM

Hey I agree it has been frustrating but I still want to win!! and still think we can..... gotta be positive............:beer:

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey I agree it has been frustrating but I still want to win!! and still think we can..... gotta be positive............:beer:

most of us are indeed positive the Broncos are not worthy of winning the AFCW..:salute:

tomjonesrocks
12-22-2008, 07:27 PM
is not a playoff team.

Losing to a team playing for nothing at home with the playoffs on the line means you're not deserving of the playoffs?

That's a bold statement. :heh:

Tned
12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
is not a playoff team.

1985 Bears defense

i am ready

I won't flame, just respond the same way I always do when the 'deserve' comments come up. If they qualify for the playoffs, they deserve it. Plain and simple.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Agree to disagree on that one T.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I won't flame, just respond the same way I always do when the 'deserve' comments come up. If they qualify for the playoffs, they deserve it. Plain and simple.

I know maybe a bit overboard Tned but this team frustrates the hell out of me with our "Cybil" personalitly

win at NY and at Atlanta
los vs Oak, KC and Buff at home,

I dont get it.

also the defensive scheme is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen.
why stop pressuring Edwards like the first 2 series?

bad coaching followed by bad luck (Pope injury) spelled another bad loss
vs a beatable team in Dec, just like SF in 06

the only good thing is we get another chance, I hope they bring their A game with NO turnovers, which happened maybe 2 times in 15 games for Denver.

That is something next week and the future that will be needed if the Broncos ever want to get back to being a Championship contender.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Also, I'll just state when there will be teams that are 10 wins + that don't get in. . . but an 8-8 turdteam would. That sucks.

BroncoAV06
12-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I am sick of the whole draft spot talk, I love the draft as much as everyone else but a few spots in the first is not going to turn this team around, it is the draft as a whole so I am not going to sit here and be happy with a few spots in round #1.

You have to wonder how this team is going to handle this. Will it send them into a funk that lasts into next year droping three in a row and missing the playoffs? Can they handle that? I am not so sure.

A win over a dis-liked rival, a home playoff game, that could go a long way in my opinion. Ask anyone on that team if they care that they will draft a few spots higer if they lose. At least they could be fired up and talk about what ifs as they get ready to face team X in round 1. Someone has to get in weather it looks good or not.

Yes the defense needs players, will yet again another coordinator change be in the cards? Who knows, problems that will be addresed in the offseason, but one thing I do know is that this team would much rather head into the offseason leaving it all on the field in the playoffs then having to deal with a lose to the Chargers and blowing a three game lead while the Chargers.

Tned
12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Maybe changing the D coordinator every year is part of the problem. Give a guy enough time to bring in his players and implement his philosophy. We are still dealing with the Bates hangover and draft picks, not to mention injuries.

Italianmobstr7
12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
If we win Sunday, and go to the playoffs. Then we deserve to be there. That's the bottom line. We deserve to go just as much as any other team. As bad as our team has been at times, and even though we've choked away a 3 game lead. If we win on Sunday. We belong in the playoffs.

NameUsedBefore
12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
As much as I'd hate to change another D-coordinator, Slowik just ****ing sucks, straight up. AFAIK, he's been terrible everywhere he's been including setting some unsettling records in Green Bay.

As for "deserving" the playoffs... Do the Chargers? I mean, hell, either team is just gonna sputter in and most likely get its ass whomped. Might as well beat the Chargers on the way and get some bragging rights and, at the very least, validate what happened earlier this season.

CrazyHorse
12-23-2008, 01:01 AM
...And the Chargers do deserve to go to the playoffs? Give me a break.
Even if we lose we'll still both be at 8-8 for our regular season records. They will only go because they own the tie-breaker against us.

It's not as if San Diego is leaps and bounds better than us. We beat them before, albeit with some help but we can do it again.

Foochacho
12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Slowick should of been shown the door in the bye week. We don't have the best defensive talent but they are better than what we have shown. If we can show up in the first quarter then we should be able to show some life for the other three. That is all on the defensive scheme (which is horrible). If shanny keeps this guy around next year I don't expect shanny or slowick to be around the year after. Slowick will ruin next season for us as well, get the bum out.

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
I want new position Coaches on D. This year-to-year-DC-carousel is not only bad for the players, it shows how wrong Shanahan is.

A new DLine Coach, LB Coach, ST and S&C.

broncophan
12-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Yea.....if we win....and I don't think we will.....but if we do ....we deserve it.......last I checked the division winner earns the playoff spot.

It's just a shame......we are in the position to have to win at SD......when the division should already be ours.

It would be nice to see Cutler get at least 1 playoff game under his belt......he needs all the experience he can get......as well as some of our other younger players.

Tned
12-23-2008, 07:43 AM
As much as I'd hate to change another D-coordinator, Slowik just ****ing sucks, straight up. AFAIK, he's been terrible everywhere he's been including setting some unsettling records in Green Bay.

Maybe, but again, but who do we fire next year? If there is some stud DC available, which is pretty unlikely, then get him. If one of the fired HC's, is a good DC candidate and doesn't get offered another HC job, then maybe it is a good move, but at some point you need to swallow hard, realize that you need a draft or two to address holes in the defense, and during on that time focus on outscoring the opponent, like Indy of a few years ago -- waiting for the defense to catch up.

As for "deserving" the playoffs... Do the Chargers? I mean, hell, either team is just gonna sputter in and most likely get its ass whomped. Might as well beat the Chargers on the way and get some bragging rights and, at the very least, validate what happened earlier this season.

If the Chargers win, they will be in the playoffs with a .500 record, if we get in the playoffs, we will have a winning record. SD clearly doesn't deserve it more.

The rules say at least one team from each division goes to the playoffs. Therefore, whichever team finishes with the best division record 'deserves' the playoffs.

I want new position Coaches on D. This year-to-year-DC-carousel is not only bad for the players, it shows how wrong Shanahan is.

A new DLine Coach, LB Coach, ST and S&C.

I tend to agree with this. You cannot keep changing D coordinators. If they do it again, then Shanny, Bowlen and company need to commit to giving the new guy 2-3 years, regardless of the outcome. It is insane to change coordinators yearly, or nearly yearly, because it is impossible to draft the right players for the right system, and to get that system in place.

I would tend to agree, if anything needs to be done, address the position coaches, not the coordinator.

Tned
12-23-2008, 07:56 AM
One more note on 'deserving'. I personally think, that for us to be in a position to get into the playoffs, based on what this team has been through, means we sure as hell do 'deserve' a playoff spot:

Carlton Powell -- PUP (physically unable to perform)
Sapp -- IR (then released, might have been released anyway)
Torain -- Breaks elbow in training camp after having a great camp
Marshall -- One game suspension
Nalen -- IR
Clifford Russell -- IR (probably not a big loss)
Boss Bailey -- IR
Patrick Ramsey -- IR
Erik Pears -- IR
Hall -- IR
Pittman -- IR
Torain -- IR
Nate Jackson -- IR (right as he was starting to get more involved in the passing game)
Josh Shaw -- IR
Hillis -- IR
Pope -- IR
Young -- IR

In addition to the above, we had Young, Champ, DJ, Scheffler, Webster and several other starters key players (players that take many snaps in a game) miss 2 to 8 games with various injuries.

For this team to be in a position to win one and be in, with the injuries and set backs they have had, I will argue that few other teams 'deserve' a playoff spot more than the Broncos.

Den21vsBal19
12-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Also, I'll just state when there will be teams that are 10 wins + that don't get in. . . but an 8-8 turdteam would. That sucks.
And way back in the day we finished 11-5 and missed out to an 8-8 Cleveland team:whoknows:

There's only one way to guarantee the playoffs, and that's win your division.....................anything else is pot luck...............too bad

Medford Bronco
12-23-2008, 09:13 AM
And way back in the day we finished 11-5 and missed out to an 8-8 Cleveland team:whoknows:

There's only one way to guarantee the playoffs, and that's win your division.....................anything else is pot luck...............too bad

So it would be perfect symmetry then if we get in with a 9-7 record

I am not saying I wont take it but if you give up 400 pts you have some major issues here that need to be addressed in the offseason

and its not all injuries. Our defense sucked in weeks 2-4 when we were all healthy it just happened that our offense bailed us out.

For us to win this game we Need to outscore SD. Have to get to 30 to have a chance IMHO

we shall see.

I hope did not take this thread the wrong way. I will always root for us to win, just like the last game against Minny when we had nothing to gain last year.

I am just giving my honest opinon and I know that some will not like that, oh well. I am just not an orange colored glasses kind of guy.

I hope for a win, we shall see. Please no turnovers to at least give us a chance, I can not stress that enough, turnovers kill you.

Mike
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM
One more note on 'deserving'. I personally think, that for us to be in a position to get into the playoffs, based on what this team has been through, means we sure as hell do 'deserve' a playoff spot:

Carlton Powell -- PUP (physically unable to perform)
Sapp -- IR (then released, might have been released anyway)
Torain -- Breaks elbow in training camp after having a great camp
Marshall -- One game suspension
Nalen -- IR
Clifford Russell -- IR (probably not a big loss)
Boss Bailey -- IR
Patrick Ramsey -- IR
Erik Pears -- IR
Hall -- IR
Pittman -- IR
Torain -- IR
Nate Jackson -- IR (right as he was starting to get more involved in the passing game)
Josh Shaw -- IR
Hillis -- IR
Pope -- IR
Young -- IR

In addition to the above, we had Young, Champ, DJ, Scheffler, Webster and several other starters key players (players that take many snaps in a game) miss 2 to 8 games with various injuries.

For this team to be in a position to win one and be in, with the injuries and set backs they have had, I will argue that few other teams 'deserve' a playoff spot more than the Broncos.

Bah. Most of those guys are bums that would be back-ups at best on other teams. Let's not get carried away here.

- Our defense sucked before the injuries (indeed, it got better without some of those guys)
- We dominated the game without Marshall
- Young and Hall were useless...Torain and Pope the jury was out on
- Ramsey, Sapp, Powell, Nalen, Russell, Pears, Nate freakin Jackson, Shaw...:laugh:

The only players that had any impact on how this team played was Hillis and Champ. I guess you could include Pittman here, but Hillis filled in for him and did a much better job.

Seriously, how do these losses take away from anything? They don't. Looking at that list, the truth is that the injury claim is nothing more than an excuse for us to cling to. I'm sick of the excuses...there is always one at the end of the year for Denver. What will it be next year when we are having the same discussion?

Medford Bronco
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Bah. Most of those guys are bums that would be back-ups at best on other teams. Let's not get carried away here.

- Our defense sucked before the injuries (indeed, it got better without some of those guys)
- We dominated the game without Marshall
- Young and Hall were useless...Torain and Pope the jury was out on
- Ramsey, Sapp, Powell, Nalen, Russell, Pears, Nate freakin Jackson, Shaw...:laugh:

The only players that had any impact on how this team played was Hillis and Champ. I guess you could include Pittman here, but Hillis filled in for him and did a much better job.

Seriously, how do these losses take away from anything? They don't. Looking at that list, the truth is that the injury claim is nothing more than an excuse for us to cling to. I'm sick of the excuses...there is always one at the end of the year for Denver. What will it be next year when we are having the same discussion?

How about NE when it comes to injuries?

They lost the League MVP in Tom Brady who has one of the best seasons of all time and replaced him with a QB who has zero NFL starts and none since High school and he has done very well.

They lost Adalius Thomas for the year
They lost Rodney Harroson for the year.

They lost their RBs at times as well and had Benjarvs-Green Ellis run for 100 yards one week.

They have lost Bruschi for the season.

I agree with Mike even when healthy our defense sucked.

Also Mike and I are still fans of the team and want them to win, we are just giving our honest opinon on what we think might happen. If we are wrong we will be happy for Denver to win, Its not like I am going to root against them and neither is he.
They have had Ty Warren in and out of the lineup

Nomad
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
The BRONCOS should be in the playoffs because they had a 3 game lead on the Chargers. They collapsed and choked it away because they couldn't defend their hometurf against poor, mediocre teams. You can justify the notion, "the BRONCOS weren't even supposed to be playoff contenders" but they were and there are teams around this league fighting through injuries as well and making the playoffs. Down the stretch the players and coaches are to blame and yes they are NFL players so they should be able to compete with the best of them.

I hope the BRONCOS earn their way with a win over the Chargers but that'll be tough and the Chargers have owned the BRONCOS the last few years.