PDA

View Full Version : Ditching the running game too soon....

Dirk
12-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Is it just me or does it seem that Shanny ditches the running game WAY too soon?

I seems that if he doesn't get more than 4 yards a few times he just throws out the running game and goes to the air.

Albeit Pope got hurt early and it was just Selvin Young and Tater (oops i slipped on my shoe string) Bell. But he just ditches it and the other teams stop playing it. Quite obvious defensive calling for the opposition if you ask me.

Northman
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I think yesterday had more to do with the injury to Pope than anything. But, for the most part Shanny has not run the ball much so it may of been both.

Tned
12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I think the fact that even when Cutler throws the ball 50 times, he barely gets touched, makes it easy (right or wrong is different) for the Broncos to fall into a pass only mentality when once again their starting back gets hurty.

roomemp
12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Tatum Bell and Selvin Young are not going to move the chains.

broncofaninfla
12-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Not that Pope is any barn burner but when he got injured, we lost any ability to move the ball, it made us one demensional. We are so screwed with Bell and Young at the helm against San Diego.

MasterShake
12-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Not that Pope is any barn burner but when he got injured, we lost any ability to move the ball, it made us one demensional. We are so screwed with Bell and Young at the helm against San Diego.

Maybe not, but that dude was eating up yardage when he was in the game. We had them on their toes that first drive when the running game was working, and almost makes you wonder what would have happened if another damn RB didn't fall early in the game.

underrated29
12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
yep, its all about bell and young and thier inablility to break tackles or get yardage.

We need someone big and strong even if they run a 5.40 forty. Hell, i will gladly take lynch back and make him our RB, or najeh davenport. ANYONE.

Its simple, when our runs net us 2 yards, we might as well pass instead and hope to get 7-10 yards.

We either bring Boyd up and make him the starter, sign a bruising RB, or we will lose to the chargers bar none.