PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone Moreno

horsepig
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Why would the coaching staff run Moreno up the gut on the goalline at Lambeau?

MaGahee got them there, Orton was, well Orton, and they spell MaGahee with Knowshow, why? Was MaGahee so tired he couldn't tote the rock one more time for a yard? Did he get banged and I missed it?

Knowshow, 3'rd & 1=fg attempt from the ******* 1.

BeefStew25
10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
How about a tight end play?

Man I would love a QB that could audible.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Maybe they thought the Packers defense would never believe that they would run Slowshon period.......

BeefStew25
10-07-2011, 10:32 PM
There was a screen pass to No Shawn that looked borderline retarded. Like, someone get Tatum on the phone.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2011, 10:39 PM
There was a screen pass to No Shawn that looked borderline retarded. Like, someone get Tatum on the phone.

He stumbled twice on that play, right? Tweaked his ankle too.

TV showed Slowshon literally falling off the stationary bike, maybe he's been hangin out with Maurice Clarette.......

BeefStew25
10-07-2011, 10:41 PM
He stumbled twice on that play, right? Tweaked his ankle too.

TV showed Slowshon literally falling off the stationary bike, maybe he's been hangin out with Maurice Clarette.......

The seat broke. Slim had a clever quote in the adult forum, Basically, he wished that seat was a tackle.

Simple Jaded
10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
The seat broke. Slim had a clever quote in the adult forum, Basically, he wished that seat was a tackle.

Didn't see the seat break. Damn, l was hopin Slowshon would be following Wild Turkey outta Denver, wishful thinkin.......

horsepig
10-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Might very well happen, IMO.

Buff
10-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Lance Ball deserves to get Moreno's carries. He is completely useless.

Clipworthy
10-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Lance Ball deserves to get Moreno's carries. He is completely useless.

Lance Ball? Oh yeah, the only RB on the team worse than Moreno.

BeefStew25
10-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Lance Ball? Oh yeah, the only RB on the team worse than Moreno.

Salary vs production.

Try again.

Clipworthy
10-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Salary vs production.

Try again.

Yes, start Lance Ball because he makes less money. Sucking is okay, he doesn't make as much.

Davii
10-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Yes, start Lance Ball because he makes less money. Sucking is okay, he doesn't make as much.

Interesting.... If we decide to begin applying this line of thinking, can we go for the quarterbacks first?

Clipworthy
10-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Interesting.... If we decide to begin applying this line of thinking, can we go for the quarterbacks first?

Personally, I like my awful quarterbacks filthy rich.

sneakers
10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
At least they didnt give the ball to Payon Hillis, he would have fumbled the ball like he did that one time....and we would have had to bench him for the rest of the season.

Magnificent Seven
10-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Personally, I think the simple fact that Tebow does so well in the red zone (as he did in college as well)

He is good at faking and running the ball inside the red zone. Kyle Orton couldn't do it.

Orton on the field for 3- 4 plays. Send Tebow in the red zone. Why not?

horsepig
10-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Doh, I donno.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Personally, I think the simple fact that Tebow does so well in the red zone (as he did in college as well)

He is good at faking and running the ball inside the red zone. Kyle Orton couldn't do it.

Orton on the field for 3- 4 plays. Send Tebow in the red zone. Why not?

Pretty sad when your 3rd string QB is a better run option than your 12th overall pick at RB.......

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Pretty sad when your 3rd string QB is a better run option than your 12th overall pick at RB.......

Kinda, but not really. having a QB that can run the ball in short yardage is a great thing to have provided he can take a pounding. It allows you to have 10 blockers on the field and theoretically leaves just one guy for the runner to run-over, beat to the edge, etc.

Unfortunately with the way Beadles and Walton are playing inside, we really only have 8 blockers in that scenario and 7 the rest of the time on run plays...

DenBronx
10-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Knoshon
Slowshon
Slowshow
Noshow
Knowshat
Knowblow
Nosean
Nowayshaun
Nowayjoseshaun

All fitting nick names I suppose.

rationalfan
10-08-2011, 01:02 PM
speaking of the red zone: i really miss those QB bootlegs shanny used to call. seemed to work well most of the time.

Simple Jaded
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Kinda, but not really. having a QB that can run the ball in short yardage is a great thing to have provided he can take a pounding. It allows you to have 10 blockers on the field and theoretically leaves just one guy for the runner to run-over, beat to the edge, etc.

Unfortunately with the way Beadles and Walton are playing inside, we really only have 8 blockers in that scenario and 7 the rest of the time on run plays...
Agreed, but.

A 12th overall pick at RB should be a better runner than Tebow, that's my point. Hell, regardless of draft position your RB should be a better option than your 3rd string QB, the 3rd string RB should be a better option than the 3rd string QB.

Denver's talent level at RB is pathetic, but Slowshon wasn't drafted to fit a conventional running game, imo, he is Kevin Faulk v2.0.

Btw, Walton and Beadles were just a horrible fit from day1, drafted for a so-called power running game they were always best suited for a ZBS. McDaniels ignored Iupati so he could waste nearly an entire draft on Tebow/Thomas/Beadles/Walton. This, after cutting Weigmann even tho he was the only Broncos OL who had ever played in a power scheme.

I'm not a fan of either, they suck, but Walton and Beadles are two more victims of Hurricane Josh.......