PDA

View Full Version : why not bell as a RB....??????? makes since

broncos9697
10-05-2007, 07:39 AM
henry is out we all know that now.....
young would and will make a great little back...
but why not put bell in that starting spot he has proved he can be there give him the job...look at the yards he racked up as a rookie why cant he do that again by showing us that his rookie year we all know he can do it any giving time....

Medford Bronco
10-05-2007, 08:35 AM
henry is out we all know that now.....
young would and will make a great little back...
but why not put bell in that starting spot he has proved he can be there give him the job...look at the yards he racked up as a rookie why cant he do that again by showing us that his rookie year we all know he can do it any giving time....

I think Mike Bell is too slow to be our feature back

i would not mind to see Selvin with Cecil Sapp (if he is ever healthy) as our combo.

Like I have said on many occasions, our DEFENSE needs the most help, not the offense and RB situation

broncos9697
10-05-2007, 08:44 AM

i would not mind to see Selvin with Cecil Sapp (if he is ever healthy) as our combo.

Like I have said on many occasions, our DEFENSE needs the most help, not the offense and RB situation

your right about the def...
but bell had a great rookie season where did that come from...its in him to do well

Medford Bronco
10-05-2007, 08:47 AM
your right about the def...
but bell had a great rookie season where did that come from...its in him to do well

I just think he gained some weight to play FB and that
could really work against him IMO

broncos9697
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
I just think he gained some weight to play FB and that
could really work against him IMO

fullback would be all right I dont know about his blocking...
and we have young he is ave. is like 9.2 yds a car..would not hurt to give him a try....henry is appealing and trying to sue the league wonder how long that will take because if its in appeal he can still play so he might be with us for a few more games right..

Medford Bronco
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
fullback would be all right I dont know about his blocking...
and we have young he is ave. is like 9.2 yds a car..would not hurt to give him a try....henry is appealing and trying to sue the league wonder how long that will take because if its in appeal he can still play so he might be with us for a few more games right..

he could make another week or 2. I think he is dinged up anyways.

unfortunatley Henry is digging his own grave :motz:

broncos9697
10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
he could make another week or 2. I think he is dinged up anyways.

unfortunatley Henry is digging his own grave :motz:

digging his grave is what he is doing...
what was he thinking new huge contract,new team,leading the nfl in rushing..his head got to big and he became to cocky......if he is suspended do we keep him for next season or cut him..or trade I should say..

jlarsiii
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM

I agree. I thought that Bell was efficient last year, but that he totally lacked any true burst. I remember him being caught from behind on more than one occasion.

I also would like to see what Young and Sapp can do. I really do expect to see Shanny be as fickle as he was last year with our Rbs. Make one mistake and you are gonna get yanked.

There will be no help for the D, if we can't fix it with the players we have right now then expect the suckitude to continue. It is a shame though. I was interested to see how our CBs would have done with a decent run D in front of them to force the pass. Oh well, maybe next year.:ahhhhh:

lex
10-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Bell is too slow and doesnt run behind his pads enough. He's not the answer.

BroncoAV06
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Bell will likely get some looks but Selvin has won the coaches eye and I know Sapp will get some of the short yardage carries.

Bell is coming of a concusion so it will limit what he will be able to do for a while.

Krugan
10-05-2007, 01:10 PM
I disagree with you here Med. I think the added wght for Bell would be a plus.

If I remember correctly he very rarely fell forward, alot like Tater. The added poundage just might help him run with abit more power.

Just my opinion though.

Im quite pleased with Young, and we have no idea if Hall can do anything yet. Not going to worry until we see what this weekend brings.

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I have liked Mike Bells level of play thus far. He is certienly not a power back, but he played with a lot mroe authority than Tater did last year (pretty easy to do :lol: ). However I think he would be an interesting fit into the system. Through the preseason, and I do know it's not a great teller as to regualr season production, but he looked even better. He was breaking mroe tackles and playing with the same speed (hes nto a burner I know). However, Selvin offers a little more IMO, but what Young at this time remains an unknown quantity is how he will respond to 3rd and short and goalline situations where defenses will be planning on stopping an RB.

At the moment I think Sapp offers the better power running game, which this Denver O will need. Last year that was a big problem for us. So I do want to see Bell back in, but he is also recovering from a concussions which gives Sapp his opportunity.

However if Sapp proves unworthy of the job, and Andre Hall may get a fair shake as a back up as well to keep depth at FB, I am all for bringing Bell in. WE have a week to test things out with Bell injured, and then the bye week for the coaching staff to look at practice and decide who looks the best. However I do like the fact that we do have talent, and at least some limtied experience at HB behind Henry at this point...

dogfish
10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
why not bell as a RB....???????

because selvin young is better. . .

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
because selvin young is better. . .

Yeah, but if Sapp can't pound the ball, I think Bell offers a great #2 RB in an RBBC like last year with Tater McFumbles. I prefer a stouter power running RB behind Young, but perhaps playing FB has helped Bell in this capacity, and I will say through preseason he did seem to be playing with more power. My :2cents:

dogfish
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but if Sapp can't pound the ball, I think Bell offers a great #2 RB in an RBBC like last year with Tater McFumbles. I prefer a stouter power running RB behind Young, but perhaps playing FB has helped Bell in this capacity, and I will say through preseason he did seem to be playing with more power. My :2cents:

personally, i never though bell ran with any particular power or authority-- he spends too much time moving laterally, picking and sliding when he should be moving forward. . . the only time he runs decisively is when he has a six foot hole to run through. . . he's not terrible or anything-- i think he's a servieable back who can get you some yardage in a pinch-- but i think sapp is a stronger runner. . . my preference would be to use selvin young as the starter, spell him with andre hall, and use sapp in short yardage situations, either from a single back set, or with graham as the fullback. . .

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
but why not put bell in that starting spot he has proved he can be there give him the job...l

Because Selvin Young is a better back, and proved it in training camp.

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
personally, i never though bell ran with any particular power or authority-- he spends too much time moving laterally, picking and sliding when he should be moving forward. . . the only time he runs decisively is when he has a six foot hole to run through. . . he's not terrible or anything-- i think he's a servieable back who can get you some yardage in a pinch-- but i think sapp is a stronger runner. . . my preference would be to use selvin young as the starter, spell him with andre hall, and use sapp in short yardage situations, either from a single back set, or with graham as the fullback. . .

This is my ideal situation as well, but I must admit at times through the preseason Sapp didn't fully impress me in short yardage situations. If Sapp can carry the load I really like him as the primary power runner. I do think if Bell gets a shot he will surprise people htough. I put most of those impatient runs and lack of down hill running on the line last year then anything else. HE was also a rookie and was adjusting to the NFL.... no reason to think he is incapable this year of improving, and I still liked his level of play last year :P .

As for Hall, I don't know about him spelling Young. He offer s generally the exact same skill set with even less promise of real pass protection. Him being slightly undersized I believe will allow Defenses to gameplan around him. I hope he proves me wrong, but at this point I am very skeptical of his ability.

Jaws
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Let's resign Maurice Clarrett! :flypig:

*shark does a sharp exit*

:behindsofa: