PDA

View Full Version : Woodyard/Larsen?

NameUsedBefore
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Any idea why they weren't on the field?

I honestly do not get why Winborn or Webster were on the field over them. Besides shooting free on a few plays, these two just got balled all over like usual.

Fan in Exile
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Maybe Slowick wants to get fired? I don't get it either.

slim
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM
There is no logic to it...stop looking, and you will make your life easier.

Den21vsBal19
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Not sure about Woodyard, but Larsen's groin kept him inactive for today

G_Money
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Winborn wasn't terrible. He made several plays, and missed on a few others.

Webster was bad - AGAIN. But Larsen's injured (another groin) so he can't play.

And we won't let Woodyard play except at the Will or as a 4th LB.

He was in on the goal line a little bit.

But it's funny how without Larsen and Woodyard in there our D doesn't seem to have the same fight.

That doesn't mean Woodyard and Larsen are the answer to our defensive woes, but it does mean that we have a personnel problem as well as a coordination problem.

Better find more leaders and self-inspirers in the draft. Very few players on this defense can inspire themselves, and fewer still can inspire others. And as I've said before, bluster and bravado are not heart, as much as Webster and company might like them to be.

And they're a piss-poor substitute for it to boot.

~G

muse
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I think we should try out Williams at Mike/Woodyard at Will. I don't think Webster's at 100% (neither is Williams for that matter) but we need to be trying these sorts of things. Kind of makes me wish the season was in the bin already so we could play around on D. We should be playing around on D after all, considering that it likely couldn't get worse (except trying Marcus Thomas at FS).

In any case, today highlighted how atrocious Slowik's playcalling has been. I can't believe we dumped the blitz when it was working. Absolutely shocking decision.

fcspikeit
12-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Winborn wasn't terrible. He made several plays, and missed on a few others.

Webster was bad - AGAIN. But Larsen's injured (another groin) so he can't play.

And we won't let Woodyard play except at the Will or as a 4th LB.

He was in on the goal line a little bit.

But it's funny how without Larsen and Woodyard in there our D doesn't seem to have the same fight.

That doesn't mean Woodyard and Larsen are the answer to our defensive woes, but it does mean that we have a personnel problem as well as a coordination problem.

Better find more leaders and self-inspirers in the draft. Very few players on this defense can inspire themselves, and fewer still can inspire others. And as I've said before, bluster and bravado are not heart, as much as Webster and company might like them to be.

And they're a piss-poor substitute for it to boot.

~G

What does our FB having a groin injury have to do with it? :confused: