PDA

View Full Version : WE can beat the Chargers

CrazyHorse
12-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I have faith.
All hope is not lost yet.

Kaylore
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
No we can't. We barely beat them at home and were given a second chance because of a bad call. The Chargers will anihilate us - Especially While Slowik's defense makes every QB we play look like Peyton Manning.

silkamilkamonico
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I have faith.

You are alone on this one.

No running game. Garbage defense.

I hope SD rubs it in DEnver's face, give them an everlasting image to only come back next year that much more focused.

Mike
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Rivers is going to have a career day. It's going to be ugly.

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
We can win. But we probably won't. Any team can win, any week. Right now, I don't feel like we will though.

Northman
Anything's possible. But its about who's hot, who's not. Chargers are flying on all cylinders. Denver is just not good enough to overcome the MENTAL aspect of what has happened the last couple of weeks. The Chargers, who have been whining and crying all year long about the Hochuli call are going to want blood. I just dont see it. You can fully expect the Chargers to get into Jay's and this team's head early next week.

LRtagger
If San Diego plays like they did today and Denver plays like they did today it may look a lot like SB 24.

Bronco Bible
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I have faith.

I agree no one will even say we have a shot vs the chuggers but their record is what it is.

NameUsedBefore
It will be tough.

Denver simply has no legitimate running game for opposing defenses to respect and that carries a huge effect onto the passing game. That... and Denver's defense is pretty terrible.

MOtorboat
We can win. But we probably won't. Any team can win, any week. Right now, I don't feel like we will though.

Lol.

Now tell me about positivity.

G_Money
Are you recommending we as fans go out and turn the Chargers into a bunch of Nancy Kerrigans?

"Why? WHyyyyy??"

Because I can't see the Broncos team that has folded like accordians the last few weeks being able to stifle the Chargers.

Maybe the Chargers will pull a Jets on us and we can pound them into the turf.

But this one's for all the marbles, and so far this year, in big games or with chances to put the AFC West away, our team has shown it doesn't like marbles.

BTW, Larsen and Woodyard lost their roles and the defense lost some of its fight.

Just sayin. Our defensive leadership better crawl out from whatever rock they're hiding under and help put some fire into this defense, or we're gonna get humiliated out there in a week.

The Chargers blame their whole season on us. They'll be ready to take it out on us.

We haven't done a good job of being ready recently. One week left, and no more excuses.

~G

Krugan
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM

No running game. Garbage defense.

I hope SD rubs it in DEnver's face, give them an everlasting image to only come back next year that much more focused.

Like what they did to us last year?

Sparkie
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
I have faith.

Nope .... I'm with CrazyHorse. :salute:
Ain't over til it's over. :madgrin:

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Lol.

Now tell me about positivity.

I'm positive that our defense is trash, and that our O couldn't make the plays they needed to when they needed to. Frankly, I don't know if Denver deserves to go to the playoffs anymore. I still hope we can beat SD, but I wouldn't put money on it. But I'll be watching every single snap, and cheering on every play.

weazel
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM
WE may be able to beat the Chargers, but I dont think the BRONCOS can...

MOtorboat
I'm positive that our defense is trash, and that our O couldn't make the plays they needed to when they needed to. Frankly, I don't know if Denver deserves to go to the playoffs anymore. I still hope we can beat SD, but I wouldn't put money on it. But I'll be watching every single snap, and cheering on every play.

Finally came to that realization, huh?

slim
At this point I don't care if we make the playoffs or not...this team sucks.

Today was a complete embarrassment.

I will be hanging my head for a week.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Any given Sunday...expect for next Sunday.

silkamilkamonico
12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Like what they did to us last year?

yes. If Denver isn't going to take care of business, get a good kick in the face.

Next week, Denver can achieve NFL history by being the only NFL team to not make the playoffs after being up 3 games with 3 weeks left.

Congratulations Denver.

Krugan
12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
A day of history in the NFL, Lions only team to drop 15.

Pretty good chance the next page will read, "only team to drop a division with a 3 game lead with 3 games left."

Sad sad days.

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I dont hang my head as a Bronco fan. I accept it as it is, a young team with no defense and a subpar running game. Sucks that we couldnt finish the year (unless they surprise us like NY and Atl) but hopefully they can learn from this.

Krugan
12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
yes. If Denver isn't going to take care of business, get a good kick in the face.

Next week, Denver can achieve NFL history by being the only NFL team to not make the playoffs after being up 3 games with 3 weeks left.

Congratulations Denver.

Silk, they kicked our collective butts last year, and what fire did it light and for whom?

Its not going to light anything, or leave a bad taste in anyones mouth. These guys are all paid regardless, I have lost faith in the fact that these guys care beyond the end of the season.

Italianmobstr7
12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Finally came to that realization, huh?

I've known our D was bad the entire year. I've never defended them. I've defended Jay a lot, but even he let me down today. He couldn't hit a deep pass for anything. Frustrated the hell out of me. Today I came to the realization that we may not deserve the playoffs. Then again, no one in the AFC West does. So if it's going to be one of the 4 teams in the division. I hope it's us.

CrazyHorse
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
If we THINK that the Chargers will destroy us, they WILL. It's a simple self-fulfilling prophecy. The Broncos are capable, they just need the motivation. The Chargers already have it from the Hochuli call, the Broncos need to find it within the next week. I think the blow-out last year and a playoff spot on the line should be motivation enough. We can't let our spirits be broken. If we win this game it will give our young team the much needed cofidence going into the playoffs.

Chidoze
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
We barely beat them the 1st go around, and we only won that game because of Hochuli's bad call.

I hope the Chargers bury these Broncos, put me and every fan that had faith in a team that repeatedly turned around and pissed away games that mattered, out of our miseries.

Denver is a mediocre team that has had a mediocre season. The end is in sight, and it's not a happy one, for us fans or the Broncos.

I am so pissed right now that I'm red.....literally my blood is boiling to the point that my skin has acquired a redness.

Inexcusable, unacceptable, flat out irresponsible for this to end the way it's ending. :mad::mad::mad:

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
And the bandwagon fans start jumping ship. lol

SmilinAssasSin27
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
At least it's clear that we played this season w/ a half of a team. We have like 5 RBs on the IR and no defensive identity...or at least not a good one.

I do believe we will lose so I choose to write as such. If we beat SD, great, however I don't see it happening. That said...Positives from this year include:

We now have an O. We are young at OT, OG, WR, TE and QB. We need a Center of the future and a RB. Otherwise, this O can be legendary.

8 weeks ago, I truly believed our ENTIRE D needed replaced w/ the expection of like 4 players (DJ, Champ, Thomas, Robertson). We had the worst tandem of Safeties in recent NFL history. Our other 2 LBs were awful and we had no pass rush. NOW, I see potential in 3 rooks and believe that Barrett can be a fixture at Safety. Woodyard/Larsen is an interesting combo, cuz I think Woodyard is better at OLB. But that would move DJ to the middle...where Larsen is at his best. I say give Woodyard a full preseason at the other Safety spot and keep DJ outside. At least this is finally a good problem for the D to have.

I really believe we are only a more pressuring scheme, Aaron Curry (or a comparable OLB) and 2 DEs away from being legit in this league. Shanny needs to realize that Tennessee, Dallas, Pitt, Bmore, etc were all built from the inside out. Shanny wanted to get the glamour O and the D has suffered. It's time to bulk up the front 7 on D and blitz the hell out of everyone we play.

weazel
12-21-2008, 07:37 PM
bandwagon fans? LMAO

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I honestly couldn't care less if we win next week. The players suck, the coaches suck, the trainers suck, I just don't even know what to say anymore. This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot and the Chargers will prove that next week. Have fun against Indy, Phyllis.

Simple Jaded
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
The Broncos can beat anybody, if they beat SD they deserve to go to the playoffs.

But if you expected them to make the playoffs you just haven't been paying attention.......

Slick
12-21-2008, 07:50 PM
And the bandwagon fans start jumping ship. lol

Chidoze is loyal...he's just pissed. I can't blame him for that.

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
The Broncos can beat anybody, if they beat SD they deserve to go to the playoffs.

But if you expected them to make the playoffs you just haven't been paying attention.......

Seeing as we're like the 8th or 9th best team in the AFC right now, we don't deserve to go. Even if we win next week, we'll get in because the rules state that we have to, but this team isn't deserving of a playoff bid at all.

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM

I dont mind people being pissed. But i cant for the life of me ever accept a Bronco fan WANTING to lose a game. Ever.

It just makes no sense to me. Yea, i know the likelihood of beating SD next week is almost nil. But, you should still want your team to compete and win no matter how bleak it may seem.

Bitch and moan about the up and down season we have had, bitch and moan about the bad defense, poor play calling, etc. But dont wish for your team to lose. Thats just ridiculous, but maybe im just old school. I dont know.

G_Money
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
This wasn't a year to win a title. This was a year to work out the kinks.

The injuries hurt our cause, but also helped a lot of our youth gain experience, and helped the coaches see what they could do.

Hillis, Woodyard, Larsen, Barrett, Clady, Royal...all players. Some are starters and some won't be, but all can help this team in 09 and beyond become a champion. That's a good thing to have happen this year.

We found out what happens when we don't run the ball. Jay breaks all sorts of records and goes to a Pro-Bowl, and we're a .500 team. So that's good information to have.

We found out Slowik is atrocious. We'll see if Shanahan found that out in a couple of weeks, I guess.

We discovered that we still suck at adding free agents. That might be something to look into.

And we found out that we need more leaders, especially on defense but also on offense. We're too easily affected by bad possessions, and we let things snowball until the game gets away from us.

It's been a really good rebuilding year from a lot of perspectives.

The fact that the Chargers sucked ass and allowed us to be in the AFC West lead all year is not our fault. We'll get one more shot at them next week, and either go on to the offseason with a nice list of improvements to make, or on to the playoffs where we'll get killed, and then on to the offseason.

Either way, what I wanted to see from this year was offensive growth, good talent additions and some holes filled for our future championship squads. Both OTs (I know one's from a previous draft, but he's new this year), our #2 WR, one half of our RBBC, Will and MLB backups and ST hawks, and a potential starting FS aren't a bad draft-day's work. We still have another RB and a C to try out from that draft too, as well as a DT. It might get even better.

We need to stop paying so much for corners that can't do their jobs without us getting pressure.

We need to get pressure.

We need to be able to stop the run.

We need a running attack of our own.

And we need more leaders.

These things are all doable.

Nothing about us potentially squandering our playoff berth that was gift-wrapped for us by SD changes that.

That's still really ANNOYING!!! but this was never supposed to be our year.

It WAS supposed to be the Chargers year, but look at it this way: If the Chargers win and get into the playoffs maybe Norv gets another year.

And that's great for us. ;)

I'm less worried about beating the Chargers next week and more concerned with how to turn our blossoming talent base into world champions.

Don't lose sight of the war in the midst of these battles. JMO.

~G

Northman
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
This wasn't a year to win a title. This was a year to work out the kinks.

The injuries hurt our cause, but also helped a lot of our youth gain experience, and helped the coaches see what they could do.

Hillis, Woodyard, Larsen, Barrett, Clady, Royal...all players. Some are starters and some won't be, but all can help this team in 09 and beyond become a champion. That's a good thing to have happen this year.

We found out what happens when we don't run the ball. Jay breaks all sorts of records and goes to a Pro-Bowl, and we're a .500 team. So that's good information to have.

We found out Slowik is atrocious. We'll see if Shanahan found that out in a couple of weeks, I guess.

We discovered that we still suck at adding free agents. That might be something to look into.

And we found out that we need more leaders, especially on defense but also on offense. We're too easily affected by bad possessions, and we let things snowball until the game gets away from us.

It's been a really good rebuilding year from a lot of perspectives.

The fact that the Chargers sucked ass and allowed us to be in the AFC West lead all year is not our fault. We'll get one more shot at them next week, and either go on to the offseason with a nice list of improvements to make, or on to the playoffs where we'll get killed, and then on to the offseason.

Either way, what I wanted to see from this year was offensive growth, good talent additions and some holes filled for our future championship squads. Both OTs (I know one's from a previous draft, but he's new this year), our #2 WR, one half of our RBBC, Will and MLB backups and ST hawks, and a potential starting FS aren't a bad draft-day's work. We still have another RB and a C to try out from that draft too, as well as a DT. It might get even better.

We need to stop paying so much for corners that can't do their jobs without us getting pressure.

We need to get pressure.

We need to be able to stop the run.

We need a running attack of our own.

And we need more leaders.

These things are all doable.

Nothing about us potentially squandering our playoff berth that was gift-wrapped for us by SD changes that.

That's still really ANNOYING!!! but this was never supposed to be our year.

It WAS supposed to be the Chargers year, but look at it this way: If the Chargers win and get into the playoffs maybe Norv gets another year.

And that's great for us. ;)

I'm less worried about beating the Chargers next week and more concerned with how to turn our blossoming talent base into world champions.

Don't lose sight of the war in the midst of these battles. JMO.

~G

You should of just started a thread with this G. Good stuff.

G_Money
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't start new threads. I just clutter up other people's. ;)

Thanks tho.

~G

Mike
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't start new threads. I just clutter up other people's. ;)

Thanks tho.

~G

You should start some. Improve the scenery. ;)

tomjonesrocks
12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
The Chargers took apart a very good defense today against a team fighting for their playoff lives in their house. The Broncos, at home no less, lost to a team today with their playoff lives on the line against a team playing for nothing.

But the Broncos are going to win?

MasterShake
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Ah well. I can be pissed (and I am), but I'm still gonna throw my jersey on next sunday and root until we are no longer in the game or we win.

I will never give up on the Broncos, and the toughest part for me today was seeing how well our offense played when we had a running game going. With Pope in busting out yards, we looked like classic Broncos offense. Then he pulls his hammy and I just can't believe our luck. I don't give a crap anymore, but I hope that we beat the Chargers next week if for nothing else some playoff experience. I do not believe the Chargers are the better team, but they sure look like it right now. If they don't get up for this game...well, that sucks I have no control over that. To be in first place all year though and lose it at the end? Its like an analogy for the Broncos this year. Start out strong and then fade away under their own inexperience. I still have hope, but my willingness to believe much past that (ie a playoff WIN) is all but gone.

CrazyHorse
12-21-2008, 08:23 PM
But the Broncos are going to win?

No one said it would be easy.
Bigger upsets have happened.
As recently as last year no one thought the Giants had a much of a chance in the Superbowl.

Chidoze
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I am loyal, I root for this team win, lose, or tie.

But, I am completely and utterly disappointed in this team, to blow a 3 game lead this close to the end of the season is inexcusable.

It just DOESNT happen, and it's about to happen for the 1st time, to MY TEAM!!!

So if being pissed and just wanting my misery to end, makes me a bandwagon fan....

So be it.

NorthernLights
12-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Tough loss today Bronco fans and that sets up for a fun game next week between two great QB's. I'm not here to rub it in because that's just not how I prefer to participate in the forums.

I just want to say good luck next week and let's hope it's an entertaining game with no injuries. Later. NL

Chidoze
12-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Tough loss today Bronco fans and that sets up for a fun game next week between two great QB's. I'm not here to rub it in because that's just not how I prefer to participate in the forums.

I just want to say good luck next week and let's hope it's an entertaining game with no injuries. Later. NL
Good Luck NL, the best team will win......dunno if that's saying much in this division though. :shots:

Watchthemiddle
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM
The only thing positive about next weeks game, is the Broncos are playing on the road.

I am already having very disturbing visions of last year Rivers waving goodbye to Cutler and the Broncos. I can only imagine what next week is going to be like if we lose. :tsk:

Northman
12-21-2008, 09:03 PM
The Broncos are so bad. You guys can't finish the season and now you are going to get destroyed next Sunday. The Chargers havent lost in December for three years and are not going to lose to you punks. You may have one the previous divisional game but that was on the refs. I can't wait until we get a fair game and murder you guys. Just think, if your team was actually good you would have won at LEAST one out of the two games you played but you didn't. BRONCOS SUCK!!!!

GO BOLTS

Hey, a Johnny come lately. Guess what? Hochuli will be at the game Sunday. Championship! :lol:

CrazyHorse
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
The Broncos are so bad. You guys can't finish the season and now you are going to get destroyed next Sunday. The Chargers havent lost in December for three years and are not going to lose to you punks. You may have one the previous divisional game but that was on the refs. I can't wait until we get a fair game and murder you guys. Just think, if your team was actually good you would have won at LEAST one out of the two games you played but you didn't. BRONCOS SUCK!!!!

GO BOLTS

Even if the Broncos lose next week they'll still have the same record as the Chargers.

BTW: Learn your homophones

Simple Jaded
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey buddy, the Chargers have won more games in the division because we don't lose to the Kansas City Cheifs. And because of the better divisional record we will be going to the playoffs while you guys are going back to freezing Colorado :tsk:. And since we are so bad we should have no problem beating you... PAL

LEARN YOUR CONTRADICTORY SENTENCES FOO!!!

<-------Smack section is that way.......PAL.......

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey buddy, the Chargers have won more games in the division because we don't lose to the Kansas City Cheifs. And because of the better divisional record we will be going to the playoffs while you guys are going back to freezing Colorado :tsk:. And since we are so bad we should have no problem beating you... PAL

LEARN YOUR CONTRADICTORY SENTENCES FOO!!!

This is what you get when cousins marry cousins...

LRtagger
12-21-2008, 09:47 PM

GO BOLTS

And the slime oozes back out of the woodwork.

Where have you been all season? Riding the coattails of the Colts or Titans i suspect.

pauld001
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM

Personally neither team deserves to go to the playoffs....they both suck..Turner needs to be fired in SD ........nonetheless SD going to probably win next week.....

BoltsOwnU
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Personally neither team deserves to go to the playoffs....they both suck..Turner needs to be fired in SD ........nonetheless SD going to probably win next week.....

I'm not so sure the Bolts won't make a good showing of it IF they get in. If we come out over confident or flat, or you guys come out hot, the game could easily go either way. Aside from the obvious misery you guys are feeling at this moment, think about the coming game. . .

It has all the hallmarks of great classic football. Last game of the season, do or die. Winner advances, loser goes golfing. It is essentially a playoff game and it is going to be great watching the division rivals square off with something at stake, namely the division crown.

It beats a mailed-in nothing at stake late season contest. Sure, you hate that its come to this, but it's illustrative of what makes the NFL so damn fun to watch.:beer:

(Don't worry, I posted my usual smack too over on the appropriate threads just to remain consistent:D)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Nope .... I'm with CrazyHorse. :salute:
Ain't over til it's over. :madgrin:

I'm also with CrazyHorse :salute:

pauld001
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm not so sure the Bolts won't make a good showing of it IF they get in. If we come out over confident or flat, or you guys come out hot, the game could easily go either way. Aside from the obvious misery you guys are feeling at this moment, think about the coming game. . .

It has all the hallmarks of great classic football. Last game of the season, do or die. Winner advances, loser goes golfing. It is essentially a playoff game and it is going to be great watching the division rivals square off with something at stake, namely the division crown.

It beats a mailed-in nothing at stake late season contest. Sure, you hate that its come to this, but it's illustative of what makes the NFL so damn fun to watch.:beer:

(Don't worry, I posted my usual smack too over on the appropriate threads just to remain consistent:D)

Not that it matters but maybe we can request that the NFL gives the division to the Raiders so that they can get the post season embarassment.......and not my team...

Requiem / The Dagda
12-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Yep, anything is possible -- but I doubt it seeing how pathetic this team is.

pauld001
12-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Yep, anything is possible -- but I doubt it seeing how pathetic this team is.

They probably would consider it considering the mediocrity this division carries now.....hard to believe two mediocre teams were slotted for sunday night football...I mean really wow the fight for .500 isn't exactly that exciting.....

silkamilkamonico
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
The Denver Broncos suck so much nuts and apparently so do all their fans. I like how you think we are white trash when we live in one of the nicest places in all of the country. We have nice warm weather. Have fun playing in the snow.

You can quote,
Tits McGee

Look. White trash and warm weather go hand and hand. Look how nice it is.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/BallParkFrank0/white_trash.jpg

pauld001
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Better D by the chargers and same pathetic Bronco's D probably means a chargers victory....where does a 8-8 team draft pick usually at? Should be able to pick up a good player or two.....

pauld001
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM
This is viscious.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUP6HgHWnlA

broncosfanscott
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM

GO BOLTS

Hey there is a classy SD fan. :rolleyes:

Hey, wasn't it SD that was picked to win the division and go on to win the Super Bowl, yet you need a winner-take-all game against us just to advance. Just remember nobody picked Denver to be in the situation they are in when the season started.

BoltsOwnU
12-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey there is a classy SD fan. :rolleyes:

Hey, wasn't it SD that was picked to win the division and go on to win the Super Bowl, yet you need a winner-take-all game against us just to advance. Just remember nobody picked Denver to be in the situation they are in when the season started.

Actually, that's not quite true. A lot of people here actually picked Denver to be in a better situation than that the one they now face.

Magnificent Seven
12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
It will be all about Broncos Defense vs. Chargers Offense. Broncos MUST stop Sproles!

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 12:36 AM
I see the bolts as coming off a must win with a lot more momentum than we have.. they KNOW in their own minds that they lost the first game because of a bad call..

Whether it is or not those are the fact folks.. they believe it and our team has stunk it up the past 6 weeks or so..

guess which team is peaking??

broncophan
12-22-2008, 12:38 AM
I see the bolts as coming off a must win with a lot more momentum than we have.. they KNOW in their own minds that they lost the first game because of a bad call..

Whether it is or not those are the fact folks.. they believe it and our team has stunk it up the past 6 weeks or so..

guess which team is peaking??

Our only hope is if Ed Hochules(sp) is there to officiate again...

Magnificent Seven
12-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Broncos must practice harder and hardest. Stay focused on Sproles, LT and Chargers' secret weapons.

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Broncos must practice harder and hardest. Stay focused on Sproles, LT and Chargers' secret weapons.

webster, bly, manuel, doom, moss, etc..

broncophan
12-22-2008, 01:35 AM

Dear God.......you mean the chargers have secret weapons too?????

We are in for even more of an ass-whoopin than I thought...

Shazam!
12-22-2008, 01:39 AM
I'd be shocked if the Broncos pulled this out next Sunday. Not surprised, SHOCKED.

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 01:41 AM
been calling this one a loss all year since I saw the schedule printed..

Now it is on prime time, at night, away from home, hell this is a slam dunk..

Superchop 7
12-22-2008, 01:45 AM
Damn shame........if you can't beat Buffalo.....you don't deserve to win the division.

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Damn shame........if you can't beat Buffalo in a must win.....you don't deserve to win the division.

corrected for accuracy

CrazyHorse
12-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Damn shame........if you can't beat Buffalo.....you don't deserve to win the division.

The Chargers didn't beat Buffalo either...

Sotally Tober
12-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Yeah you can. It's a bit unnerving. I mean let's face facts. Denver has put up serious points. We're talking 41 and 39 in the first weeks alone and other than that they've been quite an offensive powerhouse. But San Diego has been pretty good on offense lately and we are seeing an actual defense we can be proud of. I still would agree it's nothing special but IMO it's better than Denver's. So if our "not-new-but-improved" can hold strong Denver loses. As for our part, I have two words for you - Philip Rivers. Yeah I know it's like nails on a chalkboard to Denver fans but you know he'll be the same old #17, maybe a better #17 against your defense. So stack the box, Rivers tears the secondary apart. Play back and we hit you in the mouth with LT and then make you pay with Sproles. Now Cutler, Marshall, and Royal will rip into SD's defense and it will be a shootout but in all actuality this game is ours. We've got the momentum. We've got the offense that can score all day and the defense that will give you plenty but certainly not enough to match us offensively and we do have a special teams squad that can do all sorts of things to your team. And we've got the home field advantage. It's like Christmas Eve 2007 all over again. And what did we get then? Oh! that is right, a playoff berth and an AFC West trophy. I think we're getting the same present this year.

Northman
12-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Yeah you can. It's a bit unnerving. I mean let's face facts. Denver has put up serious points. We're talking 41 and 39 in the first weeks alone and other than that they've been quite an offensive powerhouse. But San Diego has been pretty good on offense lately and we are seeing an actual defense we can be proud of. I still would agree it's nothing special but IMO it's better than Denver's. So if our "not-new-but-improved" can hold strong Denver loses. As for our part, I have two words for you - Philip Rivers. Yeah I know it's like nails on a chalkboard to Denver fans but you know he'll be the same old #17, maybe a better #17 against your defense. So stack the box, Rivers tears the secondary apart. Play back and we hit you in the mouth with LT and then make you pay with Sproles. Now Cutler, Marshall, and Royal will rip into SD's defense and it will be a shootout but in all actuality this game is ours. We've got the momentum. We've got the offense that can score all day and the defense that will give you plenty but certainly not enough to match us offensively and we do have a special teams squad that can do all sorts of things to your team. And we've got the home field advantage. It's like Christmas Eve 2007 all over again. And what did we get then? Oh! that is right, a playoff berth and an AFC West trophy. I think we're getting the same present this year.

qft

Its really going to be about who wants it more and right now, Denver doesnt seem to really care that much.

pauld001
12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Our only hope is if Ed Hochules(sp) is there to officiate again...

you think the NFL would do that...stop dreaming.....

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 12:10 PM

Add Bob Slowbrain to the mix:lol:

LRtagger
12-22-2008, 01:58 PM
you think the NFL would do that...stop dreaming.....

Even if they did, I think Ed would call the game in the Chargers favor to make up for the 1st game. I would think Chargers fans would want him to officiate the game. :confused:

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:00 PM
and so what if we do......

we lost to a shit team yesterday....

couple points...

we dont deserve it..... gross game

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
almost 550 yards yesterday....... no punts..... bad coaching.....

shanny sucks...

u play like a *****, u lose like a *****

those kickoffs were gross... somebody smack shanny for that...

guy has no balls...

san diego is not only going to beat us, we are going to get WORKED..... major ass beating... They have been waiting for this all season after ed Hoculese gave us that win... We now have to prove it wast a fluke, and we cant.... we wont...

losers

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Even if they did, I think Ed would call the game in the Chargers favor to make up for the 1st game. I would think Chargers fans would want him to officiate the game. :confused:

He would call the game according to the rules.. if is a great ref who happened to make a call that was in error when viewed from the other side of Jay.. but correct from his vantage point..

Crap happens

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 02:04 PM
almost 550 yards yesterday....... no punts..... bad coaching.....

shanny sucks...

u play like a *****, u lose like a *****

those kickoffs were gross... somebody smack shanny for that...

guy has no balls...

san diego is not only going to beat us, we are going to get WORKED..... major ass beating... They have been waiting for this all season after ed Hoculese gave us that win... We now have to prove it wast a fluke, and we cant.... we wont...

losers

I suspect your right on the money with this post.. :salute:

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
The only way we beat SD is if Rivers has a terrible game (not likely)
and the Broncos actually have no turnovers (happens like once a year, not likely)
and it still might not be enough.

sucky sad and disgusting.

this team, lots of it need a major overhaul, especially on D and special teams.

and please get a real RB. Look at what a diffrence Jacobs made to the Giants last
night. You know a Steven Jackson type you passed up a few years ago. Boy would
he look good in Blue and Orange. a Real RB like Davis and Portis.

No offense to Hillis, who I like, He is a good fill in FB type player like Mike Alstott
used to be for Tampa to compliment Dunn

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
San diego is riding the wave right now... We got booted off a few weeks ago..

And IF we actually win?.... a bitter sweet win and smack in face for San Diego fans... But isnt our goal to win a superbowl?

Terrible game...

lost to a shit team..... SHIT team!!! Shanny gave the D no shot with those RIDICULOUS KICKOFFS.... are u kidding me?

guy should step down after this season.... STEP DOWN SHANNY.... bring in a guy with NUTTS!!!!

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:11 PM
How do u get 550 yards of offense and not punt 1 time.......????

simple....

TERRIBLE COACHING

Coaching is a BIG problem on our team people... WAKE THE FUNK UP!!!

shanny cannot coach young guys... He won superbowls with VETERANS.... Were too young... TOO old skool.. Shanny needs to go

im so distrought over this team....

NightTrainLayne
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
How do u get 550 yards of offense and not punt 1 time.......????

simple....

TERRIBLE COACHING

Coaching is a BIG problem on our team people... WAKE THE FUNK UP!!!

shanny cannot coach young guys... He won superbowls with VETERANS.... Were too young... TOO old skool.. Shanny needs to go

im so distrought over this team....

550 yards of offense and no punting is a sign of bad coaching?

:confused:

You lost me on that one.

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM

You lost me on that one.

think about it.....

a well coached/well managed game with those stats does not equal a LOSER

how long will u guys give shanny til u actally think his coaching is lame, has no balls, and is out dated?

We kicked off SHORT to get the ball away from a guy who hurt us, only to give the bills even better field position...

Are u kidding me? What the hell was that 1st one anyway? Half onside, half kickoff? That falls on shanny....

no balls

Lonestar
12-22-2008, 02:35 PM

You lost me on that one.

he needed to add very little scoring in the red zone....

MOtorboat
12-22-2008, 03:46 PM
think about it.....

how long will u guys give shanny til u actally think his coaching is lame, has no balls, and is out dated?

We kicked off SHORT to get the ball away from a guy who hurt us, only to give the bills even better field position...

Are u kidding me? What the hell was that 1st one anyway? Half onside, half kickoff? That falls on shanny....

no balls

On the defensive side, yeah...

On the offensive side? :tsk:

BroncoWave
12-22-2008, 03:52 PM
think about it.....

no balls

You're right, Shanny has no balls. I was totally imagining when he went for 2 for the win against SD in week 2 instead of the safe bet of kicking it. :rolleyes:

I mean good lord, some of you are acting like we were supposed to win the super bowl this year. This team way overachieved through the first 13 weeks and now they are just coming back down to earth with all the injuries. The fact that this team is even 8-7 with all of the injuries shows just how great a coaching job Shanny has done this season. Thank god you don't run the Broncos.

I think you are confusing our defensive and special teams coordinators with our head coach.

Mike
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
You're right, Shanny has no balls. I was totally imagining when he went for 2 for the win against SD in week 2 instead of the safe bet of kicking it. :rolleyes:

I mean good lord, some of you are acting like we were supposed to win the super bowl this year. This team way overachieved through the first 13 weeks and now they are just coming back down to earth with all the injuries. The fact that this team is even 8-7 with all of the injuries shows just how great a coaching job Shanny has done this season. Thank god you don't run the Broncos.

I think you are confusing our defensive and special teams coordinators with our head coach.

I would be more likely to go along with this argument if 1) mid-late season collapses weren't the norm in Denver over the last 7-8 years and 2) there wasn't always some excuse at the end of the year.

And just who do you think hires those coordinators BTW? :confused:

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM

he went for it cuz he knew we should lose anyway... It was a good cheap way for Shanny to show some balls.... We played scared that game and let San diego back in it....

Whatever.... i expected no super bowl... I expected for improvments.... what i see is inconsistant badly coached football.... With alot of injuries...

Shanny coaches like shit... conservative, no balls, plays to not lose, never takes a chance..... lame

im just sick of it.... been watching long enough

Everything runs through Shanny REGARDLESS of what the media tells us... EVERYTHING...

DenverBronkHoes
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
u lose close games at home u better have a good excuse....

add in 540 yards offense, no punts, and a crap running game(if u want).... Thats a win as far as 31 other teams are concerned...... even with 2 turnovers...

embarassed by a bad team

BroncoWave
12-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes, it's Shanahan's fault that we have 7 running backs on injured reserve or that all 3 of our LB's and our star CB have missed huge chunks of the season. Someone posted a stat in another thread that said that we are 7-1 this season when Pittman, Torain, or Hillis ran for a TD. I guarantee you that if those guys had stayed healthy, we probably have another 2 wins or so. If Bowlen would grow some balls and hire a real GM who would bring in a good coordinating and training staff, we would be in much better shape. But firing Shanny would only set this franchise back another 2-3 years for that new coach and GM to implement their shit. That would just be a horrible move at this point, for an EXTREMELY young team. Let these guys get a few more years of experience with Shanny coaching them, and this team has a chance to be dangerous. Firing Shanny would ruin that IMO.

tomjonesrocks
12-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I have faith.

What? No marijuana-smoking emoticon available for me to use?

I guess I'll have to settle for this. :screwy:

D1g1tal j1m
12-22-2008, 07:40 PM
We can do it!!!!
We can do it all night long!!!!
I believe!!!!

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Of course I think we can beat the Chargers...In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we blow them the hell out of Quallcomm. Nothing, and I mean nothing surprises me about this team anymore. I am totally beyond surprise when it come to these guys.
Am I expecting them to win? Nope. Did I think that it was going to come down to the final game of the season the very second we lost Hillis? You betcha.
Here's a short list to Shanny Claus of what we need for our wishes to come true this Sunday:
1) Please start SOMEBODY at RB and leave him in there for the entire game. No RB by committe any more. The shit doesn't work. Period.
2) Please get Woodyard back on the field and leave him in there the entire game. Good things were happening when he was in there.
3) Please tell Brandon Marshall to run his damn routes properly and to hang on to the damn ball.
4) Please go through the playbook and tear out and burn every one of those shitty plays we all detest so much. They never work. Nor will they ever work.
5) Please bring back "Sprint Right Option". I'm sure Eddie Royal can make it look as pretty as Eddie Mac did.
6) Please tell Jay to utilize all of his receivers, not just the ones deeper that 20 yards. We have the weapons to run the West Coast the way it was meant to be run. We have the guys that can get the yards after the catch. Just get them the ball. Take the deep stuff when it is absolutely there. Don't force it. Those huge plays are pretty to watch but not nearly as pretty as an efficient, clock eating, third down converting offence. Please Shanny, get some hypnotherapy for the kid if you have to but make him see what is in front of his eyes. If a recever is triple covered, even I know that there must be someone else as wide open as a whore on payday.
7) Finally, head to the organ donor clinic and beg, borrow or steal some hearts for this crew. The rest of the items on my list are worthless without this.

Medford Bronco
12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Of course I think we can beat the Chargers...In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we blow them the hell out of Quallcomm. Nothing, and I mean nothing surprises me about this team anymore. I am totally beyond surprise when it come to these guys.
Am I expecting them to win. Nope. Did I think that it was going to come down to the final game of the season the very second we lost Hillis? You betcha.
Here's a short list to Shanny Claus of what we need for our wishes to come true this Sunday:
1) Please start Pope at RB and leave him in there for the entire game. No RB by committe any more. The shit doesn't work. Period.
2) Please get Woodyard back on the field and leave him in there the entire game. Good things were happening when he was in there.
3) Please tell Brandon Marshall to run his damn routes properly and to hang on to the damn ball.
4) Please go through the playbook and tear out and burn every one of those shitty plays we all detest so much. They never work. Nor will they ever work.
5) Please bring back "Sprint Right Option". I'm sure Eddie Royal can make it look as pretty as Eddie Mac did.
6) Please tell Jay to utilize all of his receivers, not just the ones deeper that 20 yards. We have the weapons to run the West Coast the way it was meant to be run. We have the guys that can get the yards after the catch. Just get them the ball. Take the deep stuff when it is absolutely there. Don't force it. Those huge plays are pretty to watch but not nearly as pretty as an efficient, clock eating, third down converting offence. Please Shanny, get some hypnotherapy for the kid if you have to but make him see what is in front of his eyes. If a recever is triple covered, even I know that there must be someone else as wide open as a whore on payday.
7) Finally, head to the organ donor clinic and beg, borrow or steal some hearts for this crew. The rest of the items on my list are worthless without this.

I hope you are right on them winning but Pope is on IR:mad: now

EastCoastBronco
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Didn't realize that...Shit. I'll have to edit that....

D1g1tal j1m
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Didn't realize that...Shit. I'll have to edit that....

Re-edit is needed as Young is out on IR as well.

So I guess you are wishing for Bell to tote the rock seeing as RBBC doesn't suit your tastes? I'm guessing Bell will rush for 200 yards...

pauld001
12-23-2008, 12:49 PM

I would rather not take the chance, with some of the questionable calls agaisnt us this year thought I don't think it would matter.....

Shazam!
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I will chime in on Shanahan-

Shanahan is responsible for a LOT of what is wrong with this team. Even the injuries, many are due to poor conditioning, flexibility and stretching issues. Groins and hamstring injuries are signs of this. I think they concentrate too much on strength training. I think (and WANT) Rich Tuten to be either fired or have other people brought in to help.

The constant ineffective defense and carousel of Coordinators every year is a terrible thing for the players and shows Shanahan makes too many mistakes. Slowick should be retained (that's right, unfortunately) one more year and new assistants and position coachs brought in to help with the DLine and LBs.

There have been bright spots (OLine, Royal, etc.) but Shanahan has to be held accountable instead of him pretty much just blaming ___________ (insert Plummer here) almost every single year throwing someone under the bus. This goes all the way back to Greg Robinson's firing for crying out loud (I HATED that.) He has to be held accountable for many of the problems here.

His job is still on the coattails of building a Championship team around one of the best QBs of all time, now over 10 years ago. I don't expect Championships every year obviously. But Denver is ill-prepared and seemingly unmotivated for games they should win year after year. Nowadays this has become all too common and this is on the Coach, and we have accepted it every year.

Bill Parcells has turned around pathetic 1-15 teams into legitimate Playoff Contenders THREE TIMES in his career now. Look at Miami after being a trainwreck last season, they can win the AFC East on Sunday for Christ's sake and get in the Playoffs. There is NO EVIDENCE Shanahan could ever do something like that!

If Denver can't produce in 2009, Shanahan MUST resign or be dismissed. I will thank him for what he has done in the 1990's and never forget it, but Denver will need a new direction.

Lonestar
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
good post except for retaining slowick..

Even with decent coaching coming in if your game plan sucks having the best players in the league will not win games for you..

Slapping a coat of paint on a dump will not fix the foundation and that is what is wrong here.. if you have great players running around helter skelter it will not matter.. If your calling in lousy plays the O is going to have its way with you..

Sorry as disruptive as ANOTHER DC might be that whole side of the team needs a complete house cleaning.. IMHO..

BroncoTech
12-24-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't think we'll win next Sunday and here's why.

In the past when the ship was taking on water the leaders like Rod Smith would call a player only meeting. I imagine Shannon Sharpe having plenty to say in these closed sessions. Who knows what was said and who cares because the next week they would come out and kick some ass. Currently I only see Champ as capable of pulling something like this off. Of course he's been injured so that's not the time to step up. Jay looks like a lost puppy waiting for his master to call a play. Big dogs call their own plays and frankly the way the play calls are working this year what could it hurt? We have a 71 yard end around then call timeout. What should have happened is we line up and call a play towards where they look tired. A leader would step up and throw the ball away if that's the best call under the circumstance. We never see that anymore.

We lack an on field general with the killer instinct. You can fire Slowick, tar and feather Tuten, pray for a running back and it wont equal a team leader. Our Oline is responsible for all these running backs laying in the intersection with their airbags hanging out. Our running game sucks because all these guys can do is pass block. The last hole they made for a good pick up was 1 foot wide.

They need to sort this out and they don't need coaches to do it. They are the on field experts at their position and they make more than a doctor so how much more 'teaching' do they need? So until somebody steps up you can expect more of the same. I don't see anyone on this roster to fill this position and that's why I think we'll lose next Sunday.

I'll still root for these knuckleheads though.

Shazam!
12-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Allow me to dissect this post that is horribly wrong on every level-

I don't think we'll win next Sunday and here's why...

Because you bet on SD, just like you did with the NYJ. I hope you lose your money again. Much of this season your posts seem like you're not even a fan.

In the past when the ship was taking on water the leaders like Rod Smith would call a player only meeting. I imagine Shannon Sharpe having plenty to say in these closed sessions. Who knows what was said and who cares because the next week they would come out and kick some ass...

Lack of leadership starts with Shanahan. This has been the case for the last two seasons. If he can't motivate the players to beat teams that Denver CLEARLY SHOULD, how can a player be expected to do that?

Currently I only see Champ as capable of pulling something like this off. Of course he's been injured so that's not the time to step up...

Champ isn't that kind of guy. We know this, but just because he is hurt, that means he can't be a leader? We miss John Lynch here BADLY. The way the defense is, keeping him wouldn't have made it worse.

Jay looks like a lost puppy waiting for his master to call a play. Big dogs call their own plays and frankly the way the play calls are working this year what could it hurt?

Elway wore plays on his wrist into the 1990s. I guess he sucks too.

Again-Shanahan.

We have a 71 yard end around then call timeout. What should have happened is we line up and call a play towards where they look tired. A leader would step up and throw the ball away if that's the best call under the circumstance. We never see that anymore. We lack an on field general with the killer instinct.

We lack a field general with experience. He is essentially a 3rd Year Starter playing under wraps. Cutler is not the Offensive Coordinator and Head Coach all wrapped into one package.

Our Oline is responsible for all these running backs laying in the intersection with their airbags hanging out. Our running game sucks because all these guys can do is pass block. The last hole they made for a good pick up was 1 foot wide.

The one bright spot has been the OLine. When healthy the Broncos Backs were productive. Now Tatumfrigginbell was the answer...? See a trend here? They aren't the ones responsible for injuries.

You can fire Slowick, tar and feather Tuten, pray for a running back and it wont equal a team leader... They need to sort this out and they don't need coaches to do it. They are the on field experts at their position and they make more than a doctor so how much more 'teaching' do they need? So until somebody steps up you can expect more of the same. I don't see anyone on this roster to fill this position and that's why I think we'll lose next Sunday.

I guess every team should fire their position coaches now because they're all 'experts,' even a 2nd or 3rd year player? Denver needs a pass rush specialist coach big time, but you think they don't exist for some reason. Also ignoring the conditioning problems with Tuten for a third season won't make all these stupid injuries go away, many could have been prevented. Too many injured groins and hamstrings+ Poor flex and stretching= Bad conditioning.

I'll still root for these knuckleheads though.

You trash practically everyone on the team and you're a fan?

Dean
12-24-2008, 07:57 AM
I don'i think the hams and groins are due to poor stretching. They don't occur at the very beginning of each half like happens with poor warm-up.

IMO they are caused by the significant over development of opposing muscle groups. Contraction of one muscle group physically stretching/tearing its opposing muscle(s).

Shanahan already stated on Monday that the conditioning program will be looked into during the off-season.

BroncoTech
12-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah when you look at the running back injuries they are 2 spines, a leg, a hand, a hamstring etc. The injuries are really all over the board and pretty hard to track to a strength routine or lack of stretching anyway.

The Ravens defense has 3 starters out, but as long as it isn't Ray that's out, like last year, they still play well. Quit making excuses for the team and start posting like a fan, not the team mom.

What's lacking from this team in on the field, not on the sidelines. They need a leader to step up and that means they need a player who is playing well to cast the first stone. We really don't even have that. Clady, Stokes or Royal are the only candidates IMHO.

Shazam!
12-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Shanahan already stated on Monday that the conditioning program will be looked into during the off-season.

...and there you have it.

omac
12-25-2008, 03:12 AM
...and there you have it.

Great news indeed. :beer:

Northman
12-25-2008, 10:28 AM

Good to hear that.

Dean
12-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

What the funk happened to the BronkHoes I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Ton, we might get beat." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Rivers? he's a dead man! Chargers? dead! :woot:

Ton80, I think you watch too much TV. ;) :hi:

Bill Murry perhaps?

NorthernLights
12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Ton80, I think you watch too much TV. ;) :hi:

Bill Murry perhaps?

Dean Vernon Wormer: Mr. Kroger: two C's, two D's and an F. That's a 1.2. Congratulations, Kroger. You're at the top of the Delta pledge class. Mr. Dorfman?
Flounder: Hello!
Dean Vernon Wormer: Zero point two... Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Mr. Hoover, president of Delta house? One point six; four C's and an F. A fine example you set! Daniel Simpson Day... HAS no grade point average. All courses incomplete. Mr. Blu - MR. BLUTARSKY... ZERO POINT ZERO.

broncosfanscott
12-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Actually, that's not quite true. A lot of people here actually picked Denver to be in a better situation than that the one they now face.

It is true because before the season started everybody outside of Denver and all Bronco fans, had SD as the overwhelming favorite. If you look at our two teams, the Chargers have fallen a lot further then Denver when looking at last year.

Sparkie
12-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Just watched a DVD of Denver's first winning Super Bowl, XXXII ... not knowing (until I put the DVD into the player) that it was hosted at - of all places - SD's Qualcomm Stadium.

WOW what a game. Cried at the end.

As they head there for Sunday's primetime game, I hope the current Broncos team remembers the significance of what happened at Qualcomm back in January 1998: underdogs, wildcards, first AFC Super Bowl victory in 14 years, and four famous words from Pat Bowlen: "this one's for John."

Well THIS one's for all of us who still believe! players, fans, staff, everyone.

We CAN beat the Bolts.

And whether or not it's the last game we play this season, I hope & pray the team goes out there and plays like it's all or nothing.

COME ON DENVER!!!

:defense: :salute:

BroncoWave
12-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm just ready for this freaking game to be played. The tension and excitement for this is killing me. Sunday night can't come soon enough.

MasterShake
12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
No matter what, I'd rather be playing for the AFC West title in a prime time finale than playing a game to try and avoid being 0-16. Wow, that must really suck.

Greatspirits
12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
No Way, Jose'!!!

MasterShake
12-26-2008, 11:02 PM
No Way, Jose'!!!

No no no. I think you meant, "Si, Senor!". Comprende? :laugh: