PDA

View Full Version : Update on Internet Explorer freezing when on BroncosForums

Tned
10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi, I just wanted to give an update. If you've been having a problem with Internet Explorer locking when you are on BroncosForums, you aren't alone. When it first started happening earlier this week, I thought it was a problem on my PC, since no one had complained about it. That's why I created a Town Hall thread about it asking if anyone else had the problem.

I think I have narrowed down what is causing it, and am working with tech support from the company that serves the ads to fix it. I sent them debugging information late last night, and hope I get some information this morning on a resolution.

If I don't hear back soon enough, or with an answer that satisfies me, I'm working on contingency plans.

I'm very sorry to those experiencing the problem. If you have Firefox installed, you might want to switch to it until I get the problem resolved. Personally, I have only had this happen on IE.

Here is the Town Hall thread that has more information if you wish to know more: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292849

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Internet Explorer locks up on a lot of websites. Firefox FTW. ;)

Tned
10-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Ok, as I indicated in the thread linked above, a temporary change was made about 12:30 central time that I hope eliminates the IE lockups/crashes.

camdisco24
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Internet Explorer locks up on a lot of websites. Firefox FTW. ;)

Google Chrome. Enough said.

UnderArmour
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Google Chrome. Enough said.

Either way, I think we can all agree that Internet Explorer is garbage. Sucks that some people have to use it though.

Tned
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Either way, I think we can all agree that Internet Explorer is garbage. Sucks that some people have to use it though.

Yea, I'm rethinking it. Still have to solve the problem, since a lot do.

Update to the update, the problem is still occurring.

I'm still working on it.

Day1BroncoFan
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Yea, I'm rethinking it. Still have to solve the problem, since a lot do.

Update to the update, the problem is still occurring.

I'm still working on it.

I just posted in the other thread that I had the problem. Just so you know it happened at 1:01 PM Pacific time if it matters.

Tned
10-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Ok, I made another change. Please let me know if you have anymore IE crashes.

Thanks

T

chazoe60
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Will do, and BTW thanks for keeping this awesome site full of horrible people up and running for all of us degenerates.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Will do, and BTW thanks for keeping this awesome site full of horrible people up and running for all of us degenerates.

Seconded!

jhildebrand
10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
thirded

Tned
10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Ok, I've made some changes trying to revert back to where we were before. Let me know if you have any Internet Explorer crashes.

BroncoStud
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I haven't had the issue for a few days now. It seems to have gone away - at least for me.

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 10:44 PM
I am having this new problem with my browser. Each time I come here there is a new Tim Tebow thread. I think there are autobots out there just spamming the hell out of this place. H-E-L-P!

:lol:

Tned
10-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I am having this new problem with my browser. Each time I come here there is a new Tim Tebow thread. I think there are autobots out there just spamming the hell out of this place. H-E-L-P!

Hmmm, I'm thinking it might be the most sadistic malware known to man (aka Broncos fans).

Well played, well played indeed. ;)

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Hmmm, I'm thinking it might be the most sadistic malware known to man (aka Broncos fans).

Well played, well played indeed. ;)

It wasn't enough to go through Brister V Griese, then Griese v Plummer, then Plummer v Cutler, then Cutler v Orton.

Nope.

We also needed Orton v Tebow.

No wonder this fanbase is a wreck. :eek:

I guess it goes to show just how good we once had it! On the bright side, it will make it all the sweeter when we are good again.

Tned
10-11-2011, 11:07 PM
It wasn't enough to go through Brister V Griese, then Griese v Plummer, then Plummer v Cutler, then Cutler v Orton.

Nope.

We also needed Orton v Tebow.

No wonder this fanbase is a wreck. :eek:

I guess it goes to show just how good we once had it! On the bright side, it will make it all the sweeter when we are good again.

I recently wrote a post about the having it good once thing and offended a half dozen people for such a suggestion. :lol:

jhildebrand
10-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I recently wrote a post about the having it good once thing and offended a half dozen people for such a suggestion. :lol:

What?!?! :mad: You mean you created a thread that went completely down hill from the 2nd post on? No way! Not on a broncosforum!

:inserting America's Game Broncos DVDs: