PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Brandon Spano show weeknights on Mile High Sports radio. I listen to it nightly

Tned
10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, if you haven't checked out the Brandon Spano show, you should. Lots of Broncos talk, including a lot of interaction with listeners via twitter (@brandonspano), email and of course calling in.

Lots of serious sports talk, but with a lot of humor thrown in as well.

Thursdays are primarily dedicated to fantasy football, so you wind up getting a combo Broncos & general NFL/football fix. You can call or tweet in your fantasy questions if you have one. He has a fantasy football guy as a guest (drawing a blank on his name).

I believe he's having a Broncos player on tonight, can't remember who.

Also, if you like MMA, the last 15 minutes or so of his show each night is dedicated to MMA.

In addition to all of that and being a show worth listening to on its own, he is also a big friend of our site. Regularly giving us shout outs both on Twitter and on his radio program.

If you want to tune in, locally you can listen on AM 1510 or FM 93.7, or you can listen online at http://www.milehighsports.com/?page_id=586

Finally, for your mobile devices, you can install the tunein radio app, and search for "1510 Denver" and listen to his show on your Iphone or Android.

His show is one of my favorites and I tune in every night.

MOtorboat
10-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm heading over to the Brandon Spano web site so I can listen in to what he has to say.

nevcraw
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
forget dean spanos I think I will stay right here.. 30-love Tned.

TXBRONC
10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm listening to Spano right now and have been listening since you made me aware of his program last week. He's saying many of the same things that many of us here have said.

Tned
10-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm listening to Spano right now and have been listening since you made me aware of his program last week. He's saying many of the same things that many of us here have said.

Tonight's a bit Tebow-centric, but yesterday was all but, talking about other issues on the team and how it can't all be laid at the feet of Orton.

Tned
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Thursday nights are Fantasy football Thursday!

Spano has his usual Thursday night guest, Doug "The Shark" Lawrence on talking fantasy football. In addition, @MentalAcumen from @Fantasy_Planet will be on tonight.

If you want to get prepared to set your weekend's lineup, tune in and ask your questions.

Tned
10-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Tonight Spano is going to have Mile Hight Reports John Bene in the first hour and Denver Posts' Lindsay Jones (@postbroncos) in the second hour.

If you are on Twitter and aren't following Lindsay, you need to. She's one of the best sources for Broncos news.

Bosco
10-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Do they have podcasts?

Tned
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Do they have podcasts?

Not sure, I can check. I've seen Brandon post links to some interviews, like Spencer Larsen last week.

Bosco
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Not sure, I can check. I've seen Brandon post links to some interviews, like Spencer Larsen last week.

Much appreciated brother. :D

Tned
10-18-2011, 11:10 PM
If you guys haven't checked out Spano yet, you should. His 2 hour spot just flies by, because he's fun to listen to -- great listener interaction. Lindsay Jones will now be a regular guest on Wednesday nights, starting tomorrow.

Tned
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Looks like both Lindsay Jones (@postbroncos) and Andrew Mason (@MaxBroncos) will be on Spano's show tonight.

Andrew and Lindsay are two of the best resources us Broncos fans have. Tune in, it should be a good show.

TXBRONC
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Looks like both Lindsay Jones (@postbroncos) and Andrew Mason (@MaxBroncos) will be on Spano's show tonight.

Andrew and Lindsay are two of the best resources us Broncos fans have. Tune in, it should be a good show.

I've always liked Mason's reporting. Lindsay was terrific after she called back into the show.

Tned
10-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I've always liked Mason's reporting. Lindsay was terrific after she called back into the show.

Yea, her phone cutting out sucked. She was talking a mile a minute. Heard her plenty of times before and never heard that. Love listening to her and Mason do radio spots, as nobody is in touch with what's going on at Dove valley in terms of the players, practices, etc. as those two.

broncobryce
10-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Mason rules, fantastic resource.

BroncoJoe
10-19-2011, 11:51 PM
He kind of looks like Xanders.

http://www.milehighsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Spano_new_Headshot.jpg

Cugel
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
The media controversy around Tebow creates a false dichotomy among the fans. Any real Broncos fan wants Tebow to succeed. They are just divided between those who think he will and those who are still skeptical and are awaiting results.

Some in the media have professional reputations staked on the fact that he will fail, but nobody who wants the Broncos to succeed wants him to fail.

Life would be a LOT easier for the Broncos fans if the team had its franchise QB and could simply devote their draft picks to strengthening the DL next year!

Ravage!!!
10-19-2011, 11:56 PM
You guys do realize that the media heads are paid to give their opinion. It doesn't matter if Tebow succeeds or fails, right? They aren't going to stop giving their opinion, they aren't going to be fired because their opinion is/was "wrong", and no one is going to apologize for giving an opinion.

Lets back off this hype that reputations and careers are wrapped up in how Tebow does. It makes us look like a bunch of sour-grapes because some heads say negative things about a player in orange-n-blue.

Tned
10-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Tonight is fantasy football night. He has a couple fantasy football gurus on, answering questions you can submit via email or Twitter, or call the show and ask.

Tned
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Lindsay Jones is going to be on tonight for what is now a weekly spot on Spano's show.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Lindsay Jones is going to be on tonight for what is now a weekly spot on Spano's show.

They're broadcasting the soccer game so I'm not going be able to listen tonight. :tsk:

Tned
11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Their broadcasting the soccer game so I'm not going be able to listen tonight. :tsk:

I just tuned in and the game is over, Spano's show is about to start -- just a few minutes late.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I just tuned in and the game is over, Spano's show is about to start -- just a few minutes late.

Cool.

Tned
11-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Tonight's fantasy football night. You can call in or send in (email or twitter - @Brandonspano) you fantasy questions and his fantasy football expert guests will answer. Also, Lindsay Jones will be on tonight.

Tned
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Andrew Mason (@MaxBroncos) is going to be on tonight.