PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Broncos v Chargers Wk 5 Preview Video

EmDiggy
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Broncos vs Chargers Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3_jlNNxns)

Good Evening Broncos Fans! Good luck this week!

Em

TXBRONC
10-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Dig I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Anyway great job as usual.

I think Denver has a chance in this game because I'm wondering if the Chargers are as good as their record indicates. IIRC the teams they've faced so far have combined for one win. Also I've heard they're kind of banged up.

Like I said I think we have a legitimate chance to beat them but recent history is on their side.

Lancane
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Dig I'm sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Anyway great job as usual.

I think Denver has a chance in this game because I'm wondering if the Chargers are as good as their record indicates. IIRC the teams they've faced so far have combined for one win. Also I've heard they're kind of banged up.

Like I said I think we have a legitimate chance to beat them but recent history is on their side.

Of course people are going to look at the opponents San Diego has had thus far TX., after all we do the same with the Broncos when predicting games. But even banged up the Chargers are still fielding the 7th overall offense and the 6th overall defense and by the way they played rather well against New England who has the 1st ranked overall offense. And if we look at their other opponents they've beat, Kansas City and Minnesota both have better ranked defenses then our own, the Chiefs have faced San Diego, Detroit, Buffalo and Minnesota, that's a tough schedule with the Lions at 4-0, Bills at 3-1 and Chargers at 3-1 and they beat Minnesota who has a better overall defense then they do. Minnesota has played well against every opponent and have lost all of which have been close games against San Diego, Detroit, Kansas City and Tampa Bay...when you look at it from that point of view, their opponents are still of some quality.

In fact they kept Adrian Peterson from having a 100 yard game, do we really believe that McGahee will fare any better? And our passing defense is hurting something fierce and Rivers has been playing rather well against most teams he's faced, not great but he is better then Dalton, Hasselbeck and Campbell, in fact he's up there with Rodgers in the top five, we do remember what Rodgers did to us don't we? I think people are being too optimistic, but that's my opinion.

I am going to say Denver 17, San Diego 31 and that's being optimistic.

Bullgator
10-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Finally someone who knows what the hell they are talking about. Great job pointing out what Tim can bring to the table and force the advantage back the offense by making it 11 on 11. Ive been screaming this for for 8 months on the forums and people call it asinine...

Also dead on on the rest of the assessment... I think the SD D will give KO alot of trouble and be in his face all day, forcing bad play... I dont think that denver will have much trouble rushing the ball but I do believe that SD will make Denver one dimensional by getting up early and forcing KO to sling it in an attempt to catch up, only adding to the pressure.

Unlike last weak where I posted that KO will have a decent statistical game vs GB I think hes going to have his worst game since last year at Arizona... 200ish yards 1 TD 3 TO and he may even get injured(hope not, hes going to do just fine playing himself out of the job no need to be mean)

we shal see

BroncoTech
10-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Broncos vs Chargers Video Preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3_jlNNxns)

Good Evening Broncos Fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Thanks for a great preview every week. I get more in depth analysis from these than if I watched the NFL channel for 5 years, and you do it every week.

TXBRONC
10-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Of course people are going to look at the opponents San Diego has had thus far TX., after all we do the same with the Broncos when predicting games. But even banged up the Chargers are still fielding the 7th overall offense and the 6th overall defense and by the way they played rather well against New England who has the 1st ranked overall offense. And if we look at their other opponents they've beat, Kansas City and Minnesota both have better ranked defenses then our own, the Chiefs have faced San Diego, Detroit, Buffalo and Minnesota, that's a tough schedule with the Lions at 4-0, Bills at 3-1 and Chargers at 3-1 and they beat Minnesota who has a better overall defense then they do. Minnesota has played well against every opponent and have lost all of which have been close games against San Diego, Detroit, Kansas City and Tampa Bay...when you look at it from that point of view, their opponents are still of some quality.

In fact they kept Adrian Peterson from having a 100 yard game, do we really believe that McGahee will fare any better? And our passing defense is hurting something fierce and Rivers has been playing rather well against most teams he's faced, not great but he is better then Dalton, Hasselbeck and Campbell, in fact he's up there with Rodgers in the top five, we do remember what Rodgers did to us don't we? I think people are being too optimistic, but that's my opinion.

I am going to say Denver 17, San Diego 31 and that's being optimistic.

Like I said recent history is on their side. I've also said in other places Rivers has enjoyed stomping the snot out of us the last few years.

Lancane
10-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Like I said recent history is on their side. I've also said in other places Rivers has enjoyed stomping the snot out of us the last few years.

I don't think he's going to go unscathed, he'll be sacked a few times and the Defense is likely to have one turnover because the numbers support it...but, the Chargers have a couple things we don't have, one is a quality offensive coordinator who even without talent knows how to win, the other is a true quarterback and all around leader in Rivers...and that will make all the difference in the world IMHO.

TXBRONC
10-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think he's going to go unscathed, he'll be sacked a few times and the Defense is likely to have one turnover because the numbers support it...but, the Chargers have a couple things we don't have, one is a quality offensive coordinator who even without talent knows how to win, the other is a true quarterback and all around leader in Rivers...and that will make all the difference in the world IMHO.

I don't disagree at all that the Chargers have the upper hand. But this and Miami seem to be the two most winnable games we have right now. Once we get past Miami there is maybe couple more games that are more winnable than the others (Vikings and Chiefs at Denver).

BroncoStud
10-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Good preview EM. I think the Chargers win by 14-21 or so. I don't see how we do much to slow down Rivers in this game. If the SD RBs are productive this could easily be a blowout in their favor. They are going to eat Orton's lunch this week.