PDA

View Full Version : Miami Henne done for the year... Hmmm

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/10/hyde5_have_dolphins_seen_enoug.html

how convenient right before the trade dealine as well? Who will it be? KO? or TT?

rcsodak
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Just think. TT's bandwagonners could keep their money in-state if they took him off denver's hands.

Meh. Miami's ownership is too stupid.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Mike
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Why would they want bum? :confused:

MileHighCrew
10-05-2011, 03:08 PM
it isn't like orton has improved his stock so far this year

echobravo
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
The fish will not trade for a QB with Denver. 8 sucks rocks, and he is the only one Denver would trade. He burned a bridge when he scuttled the trade talks, Miami does not want him. So we get stuck with the parasite for the rest of the year. Hopefully he will not darken our doorway after this year

vandammage13
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
No one trades for a Starting QB mid-season...the fins will go with Matt Moore until Henne comes back and solidify their position in the Luck Sweepstakes.

Couple that with a lame-duck coach, and I believe the Dolphins know where they stand this season unlike the Broncos.

Davii
10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
They won't trade for a qb to start, their backup already knows the system, plays etc. They might sign someones practice squad qb or some current free agent as another backup, but there is zero chance a denver qb, or any qb that has been making gameday rosters gets traded at this point.

This isn't baseball, trades at the deadline in the nfl rarely happen.

UnderArmour
10-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Also, they are 0-4. Their owner is going to tell their best players that the season got cancelled so he can get Andrew Luck... Or worse, he'll just let Tony Sparano coach the rest of the year and have Reggie Bush run between the tackles.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Their owner is just as tight as Bowlen. They won't spend anymore money this year.

Not only that, what Davii said is true.

SOCALORADO.
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
No one trades for a Starting QB mid-season...the fins will go with Matt Moore until Henne comes back and solidify their position in the Luck Sweepstakes.

Couple that with a lame-duck coach, and I believe the Dolphins know where they stand this season unlike the Broncos.

You never know. Money talks, and Tebow is $$$$$ in Florida.
He would immediately sell out that stadium, and he might get his shot against Moore.
MIA can run that hybrid wildcat offense, and it wouldnt suprise me if someone in MIA thought TT fits it perfectly.
I doubt it though.
Just my 2 cents

Denver Native (Carol)
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
The Dolphins, however, are acting like a team trying to find a replacement, contacting David Garrard and Jake Delhomme and working out free agents Brodie Croyle and Trent Edwards.

Delhomme declined to visit. Contract numbers were discussed with Garrard, according to a source, but those talks went nowhere. Croyle and Edwards left their workout without a contract offer.

Matt Moore replaced Henne in Sunday's game at San Diego and immediately drove the Dolphins to their only touchdown. He finished 17 for 26 for 167 yards and had several passes dropped.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7062148/season-doubt-miami-dolphins-chad-henne-source-says

vandammage13
10-05-2011, 04:31 PM
He would immediately sell out that stadium, and he might get his shot against Moore.
MIA can run that hybrid wildcat offense, and it wouldnt suprise me if someone in MIA thought TT fits it perfectly.
I doubt it though.
Just my 2 cents

Maybe in the offseason assuming they don't get Luck.

I guess it does kind of make sense for the Fins, but I don't think the Broncos want to deal with the fan backlash of dumping Tebow and sticking with Orton.

sneakers
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM
The dolphins are tanking their season

gatorpower
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM

The Gators have a respectable, but not large contingency in South Florida. Jacksonville is a HUGE Gator stronghold, but they already passed on Tebow in the draft two years ago and drafted someone in the 1st round.

Lancane
10-05-2011, 05:00 PM

They tried out Garrard and he left without a contract...so don't make that bet just yet!

BroncoStud
10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Sounds to me like Miami is open to discussion. Send them an offer for either Orton or Tebow, end this charade once and for all. Sending them Orton would be ideal, if I didn't have to see his sorry ass take another snap for the Broncos Sundays would be much better.

LawDog
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
How many flavors of ironic awesomeness would it be if we traded a QB to Miami only to play them in Miami the week after the bye. Tebow would probably not start for Miami if Moore continues to do acceptably well. A trade for Orton would mean Kyle would start ahead of Moore. It ain't gonna happen, but I would love to see that crap sandwich of a trainwreck if it did.

nevcraw
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM

you are right and this perfect as everyone knows including the dolphins that Orton is not a starting caliber qb...

MOtorboat
10-05-2011, 08:32 PM
No one is getting traded, much to the chagrin of our resident Tebow troll. Maybe he's coming to the realization that Tebow isn't better than a bad quarterback...

Start more threads.

chazoe60
10-05-2011, 08:41 PM
How many flavors of ironic awesomeness would it be if we traded a QB to Miami only to play them in Miami the week after the bye. Tebow would probably not start for Miami if Moore continues to do acceptably well. A trade for Orton would mean Kyle would start ahead of Moore. It ain't gonna happen, but I would love to see that crap sandwich of a trainwreck if it did.

Just a guess, but I think that would be a nationally televised game.

nevcraw
10-05-2011, 08:47 PM
No one is getting traded, much to the chagrin of our resident Tebow troll. Maybe he's coming to the realization that Tebow isn't better than a bad quarterback...

Start more threads.

soo bitchy..

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Start more threads.

your like a homeless guy MO, I start these threads so you have a place to go. if i dont start any threads where the hell will you go to bitch and moan like a ladyboy in heat?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Why would the Dolphins trade for Orton when they could sign an equally 3rd tier guy in David Garrard and not give up draft picks?

BroncoStud
10-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Why would the Dolphins trade for Orton when they could sign an equally 3rd tier guy in David Garrard and not give up draft picks?

True, Orton has killed his trade value.

Bullgator
10-06-2011, 03:19 PM

because they talked to garrard and and he walked away with no deal.

there is literally NO ONE LEFT... except mat moore... or KO... or maybe TT

vettesplus
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM

and ironic if they traded for orton and he started for the fins against the broncos and throws for 400+ yards and blows the broncos out of the stadium....would be one step closer to the luck award!!! just saying

Sinthor
10-08-2011, 12:53 AM

Hell, Garrard is 2x the QB Orton is. What little value Orton might have had prior to this season is gone now anyway. Teams figured out during the offseason that he's not a starter, looking at tape. After adding what he's done so far this year, it would surprise me if anyone takes him as a starter when he's a FA after this season. Orton's a guy that CAN be good if he has a lot of time in the pocket, but he's not consistent even then. When he's pressured...he completely falls apart. He's done. He may not play again in this league after his performance over the past 2 years. That's why it was smart of him not to renegotiate a contract in trade this year. At least he gets his $9 million for this year no matter what, which was way more than he's ever made in the past.

Magnificent Seven
10-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Send Orton to Miami!