PDA

View Full Version : A Dear John letter for Broncos fans

Thnikkaman
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I did not write this, but its the best interpretation of my feelings without writing a letter myself.

Dear John Fox,

I sure was excited when the Broncos named you our new head coach. I liked it from the moment you stepped off the plane and wore that pretty orange tie. I must admit, i was a little surprised that they hired the only NFL coach with a worse record than the Broncos but your personality and charm quickly won me over.

Read the rest here (http://broncoplanet.com/2011/10/dear-john-letter/)

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
must say awesome read... I imagine myself as a non tebow fan and this is what i would feel like as well.

Northman
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Very good letter and well written. I especially loved this part because its true.

First things first, all the fans in Denver realize we are not at practice, not in the huddle, not in the locker room, and not in all the meetings. That doesn’t mean that we don’t know football. It doesn’t mean that we like paying our hard earned dollars at $200 to $500 a seat to watch our team win 5 out of the last 15 games, and it doesn’t mean we can’t judge talent.

Fact is, yea we arent getting paid like they are but for at least most of us who have either played the game or coached at some level its not rocket science at the professional level. While as fans we are more emotionally involved because its our team its not like we're idiots either. Most football fans have a clean grasp on the game and what it is all about.

Good find Thnikk.

arapaho2
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
its a good letter

but i also think we as fans...at least alot of us, know the game better than some so called experts or at least better than they give us credit for

we as bronco fans are not like the vast array of pundits jumping of which ever train is most popular at the moment...we live for the team!!
were not like the ******** spouting tebow cant play because a stat showed he had a 50% completion rate
we dig deeper for the truth..we actually watch games and follow the day to day team happenings
we see each week every year what we need, where we need help,. we also recognize talent and a player that can help our team

had the team listened to us..our young and talented 2008 offense wouldnt have been dismantled

had the team listened to us we would have drafted DT or DE (orakpo) instead of moreno when we already had a guy named hillis

had they listened to us, the office would not have traded a 14th overall for a one yr cb in alphonso smith , but packged that to move up for raji

had they listened to us we'd still have hillis who is still better than any back we have currently

had they listened to us scheffler would still be catching tds from cutler in denver instead of from stafford in detroit

and today..if they listened to us...they would agree that starting orton does nothing for us....he wont be here next yr.,..they would see starting tebow does much much more in the long run....it gives us an understanding of whether we need a qb in the draft or draft dline early

if only

Nick
10-05-2011, 05:46 PM
That was a good read and enjoyed that.

Nick
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
its a good letter

but i also think we as fans...at least alot of us, know the game better than some so called experts or at least better than they give us credit for

we as bronco fans are not like the vast array of pundits jumping of which ever train is most popular at the moment...we live for the team!!
were not like the ******** spouting tebow cant play because a stat showed he had a 50% completion rate
we dig deeper for the truth..we actually watch games and follow the day to day team happenings
we see each week every year what we need, where we need help,. we also recognize talent and a player that can help our team

had the team listened to us..our young and talented 2008 offense wouldnt have been dismantled

had the team listened to us we would have drafted DT or DE (orakpo) instead of moreno when we already had a guy named hillis

had they listened to us, the office would not have traded a 14th overall for a one yr cb in alphonso smith , but packged that to move up for raji

had they listened to us we'd still have hillis who is still better than any back we have currently

had they listened to us scheffler would still be catching tds from cutler in denver instead of from stafford in detroit

and today..if they listened to us...they would agree that starting orton does nothing for us....he wont be here next yr.,..they would see starting tebow does much much more in the long run....it gives us an understanding of whether we need a qb in the draft or draft dline early

if only

I think Al Davis payed mcDaniels and they need to seriously check his bank account.

Every move was WTF

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I think Al Davis payed mcDaniels and they need to seriously check his bank account.

Every move was WTF

Except for 1 :D

spikerman
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Brandon Lloyd? :confused:

I Eat Staples
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM

100% agreed, Decker is looking like a good pick.

Canmore
10-06-2011, 12:08 AM

Who that one is, is open for debate. Even McDaniels had to make one good move.