PDA

View Full Version : Please take survey from NFL saying you want complete coaches' film available online.

Tned
10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Hey guys, I know not everyone would pay for this, but those that like to break down games would find this invaluable. This would be a service where you can get coaches film, which is the high endzone or high sideline shots that show all 22 players on every play, which is the only way to actually break down plays. To wee who was open, who wasn't, etc.

Please fill out the survey and say that you want it and would buy this service. http://t.co/YdHNzE5v

Thanks

UnderArmour
10-05-2011, 07:24 AM
That would be just incredible if we could get access to that as fans. I actually would pay $50 a season to be able to go back and look at film instead of just having to rely on ESPN and NFL Network to show certain plays a second time.

Tned
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
That would be just incredible if we could get access to that as fans. I actually would pay $50 a season to be able to go back and look at film instead of just having to rely on ESPN and NFL Network to show certain plays a second time.

Ditto. I bought gamerewind this season, which has every play, and then coaches film on a select number of plays. Even without the coaches film it is nice, because in addition to watching the whole game (every game, each week) from start to finish, they have every single play in a menu, so you can hope straight to the 4th and goal at the one in the Titan's game, for instance.

To have that same type of on demand system for every game, but with the addition of the high, coaches film cameras on every play would be awesome.

Even those that wouldn't pay the $50, $75 or whatever dollars, should vote yes in the survey, because everyone will benefit from the breakdowns that will come from it and get posted here and on other football related sites.

BroncoJoe
10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Something like this would make the forums (any forum) even more unbearable.

Nomad
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM

I thought you were a 'breakdown film' kinda guy.:lol:

BroncoWave
10-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I've never understood the need by fans to break down and analyze the film as if they are a coach or player. Nothing you do is going to change the outcome of the game, just sit back and enjoy!

Tned
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I've never understood the need by fans to break down and analyze the film as if they are a coach or player. Nothing you do is going to change the outcome of the game, just sit back and enjoy!

Taking that mindset, why have a forum to discuss football at all?

Dreadnought
10-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Like nuclear power and Glocks only in the wrong hands. Such could be used brilliantly by a few members to help dedicated fans understand strengths, weaknesses, etc. - or in the hands of some blowhards, well, it could get just as ugly as you imply.

BroncoWave
10-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Taking that mindset, why have a forum to discuss football at all?

Fair enough, but I feel like at some point it can just be taken too far. I devote enough time posting on here, if I added breaking down film of every game to that I think I would either go crazy or just get sick of football.

I just see the forums as a way to chat with other sports fans about sports, life, and anything else. Breaking down film just strikes me as a bit obsessive. But to each his own I guess.

Tned
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Fair enough, but I feel like at some point it can just be taken too far. I devote enough time posting on here, if I added breaking down film of every game to that I think I would either go crazy or just get sick of football.

I just see the forums as a way to chat with other sports fans about sports, life, and anything else. Breaking down film just strikes me as a bit obsessive. But to each his own I guess.

I guess it depends on the person. While I enjoy just chatting, I enjoy digging through stats, looking at actual plays and discussing them and stuff like that far more than just an argument about who does or doesn't suck and such.

Like nuclear power and Glocks only in the wrong hands. Such could be used brilliantly by a few members to help dedicated fans understand strengths, weaknesses, etc. - or in the hands of some blowhards, well, it could get just as ugly as you imply.

I'm partial to the S&W M&P line, but that's just me.

BroncoWave
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
I guess it depends on the person. While I enjoy just chatting, I enjoy digging through stats, looking at actual plays and discussing them and stuff like that far more than just an argument about who does or doesn't suck and such.

In the end it's all pretty much an argument about who does and doesn't suck, you would just have more to back it up. :lol:

Northman
10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I would check it out but not pay for it. If i had to weed through game film it would be too time consuming and since im not getting paid to do it im not shoveling out money to do it.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I would pay 20 bucks a season to have access to online game film. I definitely would like it available... would be a nice addition to have to the limited angles we have in games today. Would be fun to fast forward, back up, fast forward, back up..... like we did when playing. Watching the plays develop in game tape like this is entertaining because it allows you to truly see how things opened up or closed off...how timing routes get disrupted, or how a receiver didn't find the open hole in the zone.

I would love to have this available.

Bosco
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, I know not everyone would pay for this, but those that like to break down games would find this invaluable. This would be a service where you can get coaches film, which is the high endzone or high sideline shots that show all 22 players on every play, which is the only way to actually break down plays. To wee who was open, who wasn't, etc.

Please fill out the survey and say that you want it and would buy this service. http://t.co/YdHNzE5v

Thanks

Signed it and posted the link on Facebook.

I fail to see how anything that will elevate the level of football knowledge for the fans can be a bad thing. If people actually use it AND understand what they're seeing, the quality of discussions on forums like this could increase exponentially and the division between those who really know what they're talking about and those who don't will become more apparent.

Let's put a hypothetical out there. Let's say that next week, Rivers completes a long pass to Vincent Jackson down the sideline with Champ Bailey a few yards behind in pursuit. After the game, you have some clown here starting up threads about how Champ is old and broken down and should be cut. A smart fan with access to the coach's film could pull up that play and see that it was a Cover 2 Under Zone and that Jackson was not Bailey's responsibility, and the actual breakdown occurred when the free safety bit on a play action fake and was too far out of position to cover his zone. You could then drop this little knowledge bomb on the bozo, and he probably thinks twice before starting another emotional thread.

:cool:

BroncoWave
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Signed it and posted the link on Facebook.

I fail to see how anything that will elevate the level of football knowledge for the fans can be a bad thing. If people actually use it AND understand what they're seeing, the quality of discussions on forums like this could increase exponentially and the division between those who really know what they're talking about and those who don't will become more apparent.

Let's put a hypothetical out there. Let's say that next week, Rivers completes a long pass to Vincent Jackson down the sideline with Champ Bailey a few yards behind in pursuit. After the game, you have some clown here starting up threads about how Champ is old and broken down and should be cut. A smart fan with access to the coach's film could pull up that play and see that it was a Cover 2 Under Zone and that Jackson was not Bailey's responsibility, and the actual breakdown occurred when the free safety bit on a play action fake and was too far out of position to cover his zone. You could then drop this little knowledge bomb on the bozo, and he probably thinks twice before starting another emotional thread.

:cool:

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I see the value in it, it's just not my cup of tea.

I just don't get why people would actually pay money for this and devote hours breaking down the film every week just to be right on the internet. But hey, if that's your thing who am I to say no?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-05-2011, 04:05 PM
For a guy who rarely gets to watch games because of where I live and has to try to rely on streams, I'd love to have access to the games afterward, especially with multiple views.

sneakers
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
You guys are such nerds.