PDA

View Full Version : I think we need to trade Orton

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Seriously...if this new front office and staff is not going to give the guy a fair chance, then they just need to let him go to another team. Naming him the starter and then taking plays away from him for Tebow?? All John Fox does in his press conferences is talk about damn Tebow. IF YOU LIKE THE GUY SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU START HIM??

At least be fair to Orton and let him ball for another team. I mean the guy is on pace for almost 4000 yards and 32 TDs. But all you can do is talk about all these special plays you are designing just for Tebow. Why dont you design some special plays for Orton you douche.

Time to act like a man and let Orton go to a staff that will really appreciate his talents.

chazoe60
10-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes, out of fairness to Orton we should trade him. It's what is best for Orton.

lgenf
10-04-2011, 09:24 AM
well, trading may be an option, but then that is not really fair to Orton, because we would only trade with a team giving us equal value for Orton back to us, which is clearly a First round pick, maybe with a 2nd or 3rd thrown in for good measure

so to be fair to Orton, maybe we should cut him and allow the best team for Orton to pick him up off the waiver wire.

Thnikkaman
10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I think we should continue to start useless threads.

I Eat Staples
10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Good plan let's do it.

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I think we should continue to start useless threads.

Great point!

Buff
10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
To think we could have had a draft pick for this guy really chaps my ass. If we would have just lowered our demands Miami probably would have taken his contract for a 4th rounder or something along those lines. Instead, he is just losing and laughing all the way to the bank.

Thnikkaman
Ok. I'll start two more Fire John Fox threads, and another start Tim Tebow thread. You start a Knowshawn is a bust thread, and then a thread about how badly McD screwed us.

Ravage!!!
was this thread started today???? :confused:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
He's also on pace for 32 turnovers.

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok. I'll start two more Fire John Fox threads, and another start Tim Tebow thread. You start a Knowshawn is a bust thread, and then a thread about how badly McD screwed us.

Now we're talking. We need new things to talk about around here.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Seriously...if this new front office and staff is not going to give the guy a fair chance, then they just need to let him go to another team. Naming him the starter and then taking plays away from him for Tebow?? All John Fox does in his press conferences is talk about damn Tebow. IF YOU LIKE THE GUY SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU START HIM??

At least be fair to Orton and let him ball for another team. I mean the guy is on pace for almost 4000 yards and 32 TDs. But all you can do is talk about all these special plays you are designing just for Tebow. Why dont you design some special plays for Orton you douche.

Time to act like a man and let Orton go to a staff that will really appreciate his talents.

They're not going to give Orton a fair chance? He's the freakin starting quarterback LR how is that not a fair chance? In four games Orton has come out for all of one play.

What kind of special play would you like to see with one most unathletic starting quarterbacks in the NFL today?

A trade at this point in the season is unrealistic.

vandammage13
10-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Orton hasn't gotten a fair chance?...He's been handed the starting gig 3 years in a row.

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I would like to get input from Honz and Mo on this one...maybe Jrwiz too

I Eat Staples
10-04-2011, 10:07 AM
To think we could have had a draft pick for this guy really chaps my ass.

http://cyclingcentralshop.com.au/images/P/GI002AB.jpg

chazoe60
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Sarcasm is so misunderstood and overlooked on the internet.

BroncoBully
10-04-2011, 10:10 AM

what team are you a fan of?

jlarsiii
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
To think we could have had a draft pick for this guy really chaps my ass. If we would have just lowered our demands Miami probably would have taken his contract for a 4th rounder or something along those lines. Instead, he is just losing and laughing all the way to the bank.

According to this tidbit from Schefter it was Miami that balked at the last second after terms had been agreed to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-11week4/nfl-oakland-raiders-quietly-building-winner

But the Dolphins look doomed, not unlike a trade the team nearly completed this summer. Just when the Dolphins were about to trade a fourth-round pick to the Broncos for quarterback Kyle Orton in August, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross declined to pay the three-year, $27 million extension that the quarterback and Miami already had agreed to, league sources said. When Ross declined to pay Orton, the deal blew up. Now Miami's season almost has.

Edit: So it wasn't Orton's demands that screwed the deal after all.

vandammage13
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
According to this tidbit from Schefter it was Miami that balked at the last second after terms had been agreed to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/10spot-11week4/nfl-oakland-raiders-quietly-building-winner

Can you really blame Miami for reconsidering paying Orton that kind of money?

They probably didn't look at him as a long term solution...and no one in their right minds pays that kind of money for a stop gap guy.

Smart move by Miami in the long term. Orton might be better than Henne, but he's not that much better to warrant that kind of pay.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 10:17 AM

This information has been out there for a long time. It wasn't the Broncos stopping this deal it was ultimately Orton because the deal he wanted $9 million per year for the next three years.

jlarsiii
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM

They probably didn't look at him as a long term solution...and no one in their right minds pays that kind of money for a stop gap guy.

Smart move by Miami in the long term. Orton might be better than Henne, but he's not that much better to warrant that kind of pay.

I do not blame them at all. I just find it funny that this is as close to the truth as I have found concerning what went down this summer. This team was THAT CLOSE to seeing Orton off. Just a last second balk by the owner AFTER the deal was agreed to.

Thnikkaman
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Its not the Rockies fault that the Rangers backed out on the Michael Young deal.

Oh wait, wrong sport, same argument.

BroncoNut
10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Sarcasm is so misunderstood and overlooked on the internet.

in a way that is what makes it fun though.

Buff
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I do not blame them at all. I just find it funny that this is as close to the truth as I have found concerning what went down this summer. This team was THAT CLOSE to seeing Orton off. Just a last second balk by the owner AFTER the deal was agreed to.

Right, but if we would have said "in the absence of a new contract, we will only require a 4th rounder instead of a 2nd rounder" or whatever the terms were - Miami may have still pulled the trigger. By all accounts, they didn't want to invest so much in Orton...

Shazam!
10-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Im aware that this is a sarcastic thread, but I cant see teams knocking on Denver's door for Orton. Miami for Tebow, that I can believe.

jhildebrand
10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
They did trade him. The problem was ORTON. He wouldn't agree to terms with Miami on a new contract. :rolleyes:

After that, Orton gets to lay in the bed he helped create. I could care less about the TT noise. It is warranted seeing how this team is 7-30 in the last few years and TT is one of those wins!

Juriga72
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
stay the course..... "Alls well...."

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
what team are you a fan of?

Post reported for bullying

fvkw
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes, out of fairness to Orton we should trade him. It's what is best for Orton.

Just CUT him, he is a disgrace to the Broncos! Imo.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
10-04-2011, 12:30 PM
The phrase I used 'You don't know what you got 'til it's gone' in the 'Do You Miss Shanahan??" thread applies in another area...

I never thought I'd say it either. In relation to Denver's QB woes.

I miss Jake Plummer.

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I see what you did here...

MOtorboat
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I say they just waive the white flag, trade everyone for draft picks and we call it a season.

There are at least a few players that you might get some value out of Clady...ship him to Pittsburgh. Big Ben needs some help.

Champ. Send him to New Orleans, they could use a shut down corner. How about D.J. There are some teams in contention that need solid linebackers. Detroit could use him to supplement that defense, and they could probably use Dawk for some leadership too.

The ones you can't trade, cut.

Hey-Oh!

LRtagger
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I say they just waive the white flag, trade everyone for draft picks and we call it a season.

There are at least a few players that you might get some value out of Clady...ship him to Pittsburgh. Big Ben needs some help.

Champ. Send him to New Orleans, they could use a shut down corner. How about D.J. There are some teams in contention that need solid linebackers. Detroit could use him to supplement that defense, and they could probably use Dawk for some leadership too.

The ones you can't trade, cut.

Hey-Oh!

Then we can trade all those picks for Luck and win the next 20 super bowls.

MOtorboat
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck.

jhildebrand
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Orton is a divisive force in the locker room and a cancer overall. They should have cut him before his bonus was due. I am glad they didn't because now he wont get the contract he thinks he deserves. Teams see right through the guy. By the off season whatever deal he could have had with Miami will look pretty damn good to him but it will be too late!

BORDERLINE
10-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Let's trade Orton to Dallas for Romo that would be ideal. Everyone wants that guy out of there and everyone wants Orton out of here. S*** give them a late round pick just to sweeten the deal. What you guys think

DenBronx
10-04-2011, 02:46 PM

Who in the whole NFL other than us would be dumb enough to appreciate anything about Orton?

MIA was smart enough to not give Orton the deal he wanted then they backed out. That was the only team!

vandammage13
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Let's trade Orton to Dallas for Romo that would be ideal. Everyone wants that guy out of there and everyone wants Orton out of here. S*** give them a late round pick just to sweeten the deal. What you guys think

I would give them Orton and a 2nd rounder for Romo.

DenBronx
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck. Suck for Luck.

Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkey, Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkley.

jlarsiii
10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
The phrase I used 'You don't know what you got 'til it's gone' in the 'Do You Miss Shanahan??" thread applies in another area...

I miss Jake Plummer.

Wow! Just wow! :shocked:

Edit: We have really fallen a long way haven't we?

Shazam!
10-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Wow! Just wow! :shocked:

Edit: We have really fallen a long way haven't we?

Yes we have...:mad:

lgenf
10-04-2011, 03:37 PM

Miami is going to have a new coach next year, and it looks like a very nice draft pick also

with the current crop of rookie QBs playing well in the NFL for the teams they are on, it seems that maybe the OWNER stepped in to say NO THANKS on Orton, that they were not going to go HC hunting tied to someone else's choice for a QB that couldn't get it done in Denver

much easier to let a HC make a choice with FA or draft for their QB rather than, here you are, here's the guys we have left over that haven't gotten it done

lgenf
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
We Just Suck. We Just Suck. We Just Suck. We Just Suck. We Just Suck. We Just Suck.

fixed it for you

UnderArmour
10-04-2011, 04:05 PM

I miss Jake Plummer.

How can you miss Jake Plummer? Guy sucked. He couldn't throw from the pocket. Pocket passers like Orton give us the best chance to win and always have better career records than losers like Jake Plummer. Pocket passers like Orton lead teams to the playoffs, Jake Plummers who have to roll out to have NFL success never lead teams to the playoffs. Jake Plummer wasn't an NFL quarterback. Force him to stay in the pocket and you win. CLEARLY Jake Plummer was not an NFL quarterback. All of those wins under Jake Plummer need to be revoked and given to Kyle Orton, who is a true NFL quarterback.

Speaking of quarterbacks, the Broncos need to trade Tim Tebow for a 7th round pick while they still can. Guy is so horrible. If he got in the game he would get sacked 80 times in one game breaking an NFL record and he would throw 20 interceptions and I'm not even exaggerating. Guy is a turnover machine. He got lucky losing only one yard on Sunday because John Fox knows that Tebow is so unprepared for the NFL he would run backwards for a 10 yard loss. That's how horrible Tim Tebow is.

echobravo
10-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Pocket passers like Orton lead teams to the playoffs,

Wow. . . Dude. . .

Whatever dope you be smokin I think you might want to cut back. Woulda made a better argument had you said Pocket Passers like Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Tom Brady. . .

Orton leading a team to the playoffs????? 8 might be a lot of things, but a playoff caliber QB? Stop drinking the bong water dude.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkey, Mediocre for Barkley, Mediocre for Barkley.

It just doesn't roll off the tongue like suck for Luck does.

Maybe it should be bark for Barkley. :whoknows:

MOtorboat
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM
fixed it for you

E for effort.

DenBronx
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Jake Plummer > Kyle Orton

MOtorboat
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah. Jake Plummer was a good quarterback.

E for effort.

UnderArmour
10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow. . . Dude. . .

Whatever dope you be smokin I think you might want to cut back. Woulda made a better argument had you said Pocket Passers like Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Tom Brady. . .

Orton leading a team to the playoffs????? 8 might be a lot of things, but a playoff caliber QB? Stop drinking the bong water dude.

I don't think you understood my post.

Npba900
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Well what can I say the ghost of McD continues to play out in Denver. After all olé' Josh gave and left the Broncos with two polarizing QB's in Orton and Tebow. EFX are left with quite the QB controversy. The Broncos have 3 QB's on their roster no 31 other teams in the NFL are not interested in!

jhildebrand
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Well what can I say the ghost of McD continues to play out in Denver. After all olé' Josh gave and left the Broncos with two polarizing QB's in Orton and Tebow. EFX are left with quite the QB controversy. The Broncos have 3 QB's on their roster no 31 other teams in the NFL are not interested in!

Well in all fairness to McDaniels he did try to trade Orton prior to the start of last season and was told NO.

LRtagger
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
How can you miss Jake Plummer? Guy sucked. He couldn't throw from the pocket. Pocket passers like Orton give us the best chance to win and always have better career records than losers like Jake Plummer. Pocket passers like Orton lead teams to the playoffs, Jake Plummers who have to roll out to have NFL success never lead teams to the playoffs. Jake Plummer wasn't an NFL quarterback. Force him to stay in the pocket and you win. CLEARLY Jake Plummer was not an NFL quarterback. All of those wins under Jake Plummer need to be revoked and given to Kyle Orton, who is a true NFL quarterback.

Speaking of quarterbacks, the Broncos need to trade Tim Tebow for a 7th round pick while they still can. Guy is so horrible. If he got in the game he would get sacked 80 times in one game breaking an NFL record and he would throw 20 interceptions and I'm not even exaggerating. Guy is a turnover machine. He got lucky losing only one yard on Sunday because John Fox knows that Tebow is so unprepared for the NFL he would run backwards for a 10 yard loss. That's how horrible Tim Tebow is.

This guy gets it

Pocket sloth > Trouser snake

echobravo
10-05-2011, 03:22 PM
This franchise will never post a winning record with Orton at the helm. Wanting a pocket passer I can understand and respect, just not THIS pocket passer. 8 is a waste of space as a QB, and an anchor dragging this team backward this year. Not advocating for Tebow, Why not throw in Quinn, or even Adam Weber. ABO. Anybody But Orton.

Thnikkaman
10-06-2011, 07:51 AM

What if

Lucks a Bust. Lucks a Bust.

Or even better, he doesn't come out this year and decides to play his senior year of college.

Juriga72
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Andrew Luck = Joey Harrington.... yikes

BroncoJoe
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
What if

Lucks a Bust. Lucks a Bust.

Or even better, he doesn't come out this year and decides to play his senior year of college.

This is his senior year.

Thnikkaman
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
This is his senior year.

Ok. Bad assumption on my part. I was listening to the talking heads this morning and one of the ESPN dolts was saying that Luck still has one more year of eligibility .

jhildebrand
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
This is his senior year.

Ok. Bad assumption on my part. I was listening to the talking heads this morning and one of the ESPN dolts was saying that Luck still has one more year of eligibility .

This is his senior year. While he will graduate, he will still have one year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

jlarsiii
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM
This is his senior year. While he will graduate, he will still have one year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

IIRC he came back for this season to finish his degree and enjoy the college experience for 1 more year. Even though he will have a year of eligibility left there is no way he will stay in the college ranks after this season.

He will be in the next draft barring some catastrophic injury...

LRtagger
10-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Hopefully he pulls an Elway or Eli if we dont have the #1 pick