PDA

View Full Version : I want the broncos in the playoffs...

broncophan
12-20-2008, 06:43 AM
but my God......Manning and the Colts are going to kill us...

Den21vsBal19
12-20-2008, 07:27 AM
but my God......Manning and the Colts are going to kill us...
If Jay can keep his head straight, and take what's there instead of forcing the ball into triple coverage, it'll come down to whoever holds the ball last :eek:

Northman
12-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Yea, i heard the same thing before we played the Falcons and Jets.

jrelway
12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
IF we play the colts, i think we match up pretty good with them this year. They dont have a power rushing attack, and their defense sucks just like ours. If we can keep up with their scoring, we have a good chance. but thats IF we make the playoffs.

Northman
12-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I would give the edge to the Colts based off of better DE's and veteran experience. Outside of that anything can happen in this league. But as ive stated before, despite our problems at home this year i would still rather face them here than in the Dome.

DenBronx
12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Yea, i heard the same thing before we played the Falcons and Jets.

i heard the same thing before we played the panthers. :laugh:

Northman
12-20-2008, 03:37 PM
i heard the same thing before we played the panthers. :laugh:

Cant win em all.

BroncoWave
12-20-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't think it would be another 41-10, 49-24 type drubbing like they gave us in 03 and 04 because their offense isn't at the same level it was back then and our offense has improved drastically. I would still favor them to win but I think it would be a last person to have the ball wins shootout.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-20-2008, 04:42 PM
It would be a tough game, but if Champ is there to cover Wayne I think Harrison's game is slipping. Their run game is lacking and their oline has been banged up all year. Both starting CBs are out for the year as well.

BroncoWave
12-20-2008, 04:51 PM
It would be a tough game, but if Champ is there to cover Wayne I think Harrison's game is slipping. Their run game is lacking and their oline has been banged up all year. Both starting CBs are out for the year as well.

This is one of the main reasons I don't want Shanny to play Champ unless he has to. If TB beats SD tomorrow, Champ better not even look at a football field until the Colts game IMO.

jrelway
12-20-2008, 06:11 PM
i get nervous thinking of bly covering anthony gonzalez. btw, this is a true jinx thread. lets talk indy @ broncos if we clinch tommorow.

OrangeHoof
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm counting on Champ and Selvin to be ready if we get to the playoffs. If not, it doesn't really matter who we play.

Shazam!
12-20-2008, 07:05 PM
There is no way to figure out how Manning and Co. would fare in Denver with January weather, sub-freezing temperatures, a Playoff atmosphere and some players ready to return from injury.

I know some would say Denver's homefield isn't what it used to be but I'll be happy they get at least one home game in January.

The argument '_______ will kill us' can be said about Baltimore or New England as well.

Superchop 7
12-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Elway didn't give a damn who was in front of him.

Players become household names when they forget fear and do their job.

BroncoWave
12-20-2008, 10:26 PM
There is no way to figure out how Manning and Co. would fare in Denver with January weather, sub-freezing temperatures, a Playoff atmosphere and some players ready to return from injury.

I know some would say Denver's homefield isn't what it used to be but I'll be happy they get at least one home game in January.

The argument '_______ will kill us' can be said about Baltimore or New England as well.

Agreed. For all we know there could be a blizzard and it could totally neutralize both passing games. To say the Colts would "destroy us" at this point is way premature.

Tned
12-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Blizzard or no, I would prefer to see the Broncos move back up to the 3rd seed and play Baltimore in the first round and hope the Jets can win a shootout with Indy.

fcspikeit
12-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Blizzard or no, I would prefer to see the Broncos move back up to the 3rd seed and play Baltimore in the first round and hope the Jets can win a shootout with Indy.

I don't know, Baltimore's run game is scary! We have no run game, if we can't stop them from running and scoring we will be forced to throw. With that pass rush pinning their ears back and coming all day at Cutler. I will take our chances with the Colts.

Northman
12-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't know, Baltimore's run game is scary! We have no run game, if we can't stop them from running and scoring we will be forced to throw. With that pass rush pinning their ears back and coming all day at Cutler. I will take our chances with the Colts.

Yea, the Ravens just made Dallas look easy. We've seen what Denver can do against a good D without a running game. I think we stand a better chance against Indy.

fcspikeit
12-21-2008, 12:10 AM

Wouldn't the Jets Phins and Pats all have to lose their last 2 for the Broncos to get the 3rd spot? That isn't even possible because the Jets play the phins next week...

Lonestar
12-21-2008, 12:12 AM

lets worry about playoff next next unless the unlikely happens and SAN wins in TPA..

fcspikeit
12-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Yea, the Ravens just made Dallas look easy. We've seen what Denver can do against a good D without a running game. I think we stand a better chance against Indy.

I think we stand the least chance against the Ravens. Pitt has a great D but their O isn't playing very good. If we could score 17 we might have a chance of beating them. If we couldn't stop the Ravens run game, we would have to score around 30 and I don't see that against that D.

But first I say we beat the Bills... Talking about this is making me a bit nervous :D

fcspikeit
12-21-2008, 12:16 AM
lets worry about playoff next next unless the unlikely happens and SAN wins in TPA..

Or we could just beat the Bills and it wont matter what SD does in Tampa...

Truth is, if we can't beat either the bills or Bolts we wouldn't stand a chance against any of the playoff teams.

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Wouldn't the Jets Phins and Pats all have to lose their last 2 for the Broncos to get the 3rd spot? That isn't even possible because the Jets play the phins next week...

Not necessarily. For us to get the 3 spot, these 4 things need to happen:

1. Denver win out
2. NE lose to either AZ or BUF
3. Either MIA lose to KC or NY lose to SEA this week
4. Whichever team in scenario 3 loses (suppose it's NY) must beat Miami in week 17.

*Note: If both MIA and NY lose this week, step 4 goes away.

Lonestar
12-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Or we could just beat the Bills and it wont matter what SD does in Tampa...

Truth is, if we can't beat either the bills or Bolts we wouldn't stand a chance against any of the playoff teams.

the truth is unless we find a DL and a running game we will not beat any of the playoff teams. As much as I'd love to see us whoop up on both BUF and SAN it will be all for naught.. IF SAN wins out let them be the whipping boys of the AFCW..

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 12:39 AM
the truth is unless we find a DL and a running game we will not beat any of the playoff teams. As much as I'd love to see us whoop up on both BUF and SAN it will be all for naught.. IF SAN wins out let them be the whipping boys of the AFCW..

I honestly can't fathom the fact that you don't want us to make the playoffs. You claim that you want the young guys to get experience, then I ask you: what better way to get experience than in a playoff game or 2? :confused:

slim
12-21-2008, 12:42 AM

I don't think we stand a chance against either...although I would rather see a rookie QB than P Manning.

Lonestar
12-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I honestly can't fathom the fact that you don't want us to make the playoffs. You claim that you want the young guys to get experience, then I ask you: what better way to get experience than in a playoff game or 2? :confused:

if these guys were i little more experienced then perhaps..

I have seen teams that were beat down in big games and the kiddies lost all confidence in their abilities.. And we are talking ass kicking time here.. If we stood a chance of winning then maybe but not a blow out.. That does NO one any good but the eventual winner..

The old better to concede a loss and move on to fight another day..

BroncoWave
12-21-2008, 12:59 AM
if these guys were i little more experienced then perhaps..

I have seen teams that were beat down in big games and the kiddies lost all confidence in their abilities.. And we are talking ass kicking time here.. If we stood a chance of winning then maybe but not a blow out.. That does NO one any good but the eventual winner..

The old better to concede a loss and move on to fight another day..

You're right, we have no chance at beating playoff caliber teams. I totally imagined the Jets and Falcons games. Besides, you might be surprised what the return of Champ and DJ could do for our defense. Add that to the fact that weather is the great equalizer in the NFL and that Januarys in Denver aren't exactly 70 degrees and sunny, and the fact that the Colts suck on defense as well, I think you are totally off-base in saying that we will get blown out by Indy. I honestly think you want us to miss the playoffs just so you can say I told you so.

red98
12-21-2008, 01:59 AM

I would take just 1 of those. When we had Hillis I figured we could make up for our poor defense. (We will not have a dominant d-line this year, regardless, (obviously))

I think the biggest question facing all Broncos fan now is...

How well will the Broncos run the ball??

We lost Torain after a few plays, we lost Hillis after watching him destroy every DB he met.

It's all on Pope and Young this week. That will tell us fans where the Broncos are headed...

Shazam!
12-21-2008, 02:08 AM
I can't believe the negativity. Our team is more than likely to clinch the Division and the playoffs, and even though the team is inconsistent, some are complaining about it? I don't get it. I guess it depends where your team is at in December. Suddenly, all is well in Phildelphia and Minnesota and nothing but doom and gloom in Dallas.

Forget all the games... When the season started, if someone told you "Denver would win the Division and be the 4th Seed this postseason, would you be happy with that?" DO NOT pretend you'd have said "NO I WOULD NOT BE!"

I'll take a Division title and January football every season regardless of how the year went.

What a spoiled bunch us Broncos fans are! The team goes to the Playoffs, wins the Division amidst all the injuries and many are bitching? I think it's hilarious!

Christmas seems better to me when the Broncos are going to the Playoffs.

fcspikeit
12-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Not necessarily. For us to get the 3 spot, these 4 things need to happen:

1. Denver win out
2. NE lose to either AZ or BUF
3. Either MIA lose to KC or NY lose to SEA this week
4. Whichever team in scenario 3 loses (suppose it's NY) must beat Miami in week 17.

*Note: If both MIA and NY lose this week, step 4 goes away.

If we won out and all 3 lost just 1, we would all be 10 - 6 Both NE and Mia have the tiebreaker over us. Our only chance would be for the Jets to win the division at 10 - 6 because we have the tiebreaker over them.

If the jets lost tomorrow and then beat the Phins NE would have to also lose one of the last 2 games. Then the Jets would win the division and we would have the tiebreaker over them

PatricktheDookie
12-21-2008, 02:50 AM
BEAT BUFFALO!

Please.

Or I'm deleting all my Broncos bookmarks and disappearing into a football-less hiding hole for the next eight months.

fcspikeit
12-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I can't see any good reason why anyone would not want their team to get into the playoffs?

30 teams are going to fall short of the big game every year. There are only about 6 teams every year that have any real chance of being #1 at the end. Where would the NFL be if every team just gave up who didn't have any real chance?

If we get to the playoffs, we will be among the top 12. you don't have to be the best team, you just have to be better then the team your playing, when you play them. Knowing that, we always have a chance.

If I heard one of our players say they didn't give it their all because they didn't believe they had any chance of winning the SB, I wouldn't want that guy on our team... Winners do not look at it that way. All they can do is give everything thieve got. They can't even do that if they don't get there...

Simple Jaded
12-21-2008, 03:20 AM
If you are counting on this defense, bad weather and the crowd at Invesco to help get the Broncos past the Colts then you might want to mix in a prayer or two as well.

Btw, the Colts defense does not suck, their run defense (25th) is the only thing they're not good at but Denver has Bob From Accountemps stating at RB, if Denver can outscore the Colts it'll be because they are that good not because the Colts are that bad.......their pass defense is excellent (11th).......

Lonestar
12-21-2008, 04:49 AM
If you are counting on this defense, bad weather and the crowd at Invesco to help get the Broncos past the Colts then you might want to mix in a prayer or two as well.

Btw, the Colts defense does not suck, their run defense (25th) is the only thing they're not good at but Denver has Bob From Accountemps stating at RB, if Denver can outscore the Colts it'll be because they are that good not because the Colts are that bad.......their pass defense is excellent (11th).......

so far playing at home has not, well lets just say been exceptional..

Good post..

broncophan
12-21-2008, 07:13 AM
I can't believe the negativity. Our team is more than likely to clinch the Division and the playoffs, and even though the team is inconsistent, some are complaining about it? I don't get it. I guess it depends where your team is at in December. Suddenly, all is well in Phildelphia and Minnesota and nothing but doom and gloom in Dallas.

Forget all the games... When the season started, if someone told you "Denver would win the Division and be the 4th Seed this postseason, would you be happy with that?" DO NOT pretend you'd have said "NO I WOULD NOT BE!"

I'll take a Division title and January football every season regardless of how the year went.

What a spoiled bunch us Broncos fans are! The team goes to the Playoffs, wins the Division amidst all the injuries and many are bitching? I think it's hilarious!

Christmas seems better to me when the Broncos are going to the Playoffs.
not being negative HERE.........I said I hope we make the playoffs......I know if we play Indy.....what Manning can do...

If you had told me before the season the broncos would be 8-8 or 9-7.....I would have said that is about where they thought they would be.....winning the division is a gift/bonus with that record.....injuries are part of the game..........no excuses.

GO BRONCOS

broncophan
12-21-2008, 07:45 AM
I think we stand the least chance against the Ravens. Pitt has a great D but their O isn't playing very good. If we could score 17 we might have a chance of beating them. If we couldn't stop the Ravens run game, we would have to score around 30 and I don't see that against that D.

But first I say we beat the Bills... Talking about this is making me a bit nervous :D

If the broncos only score 17 points......I don't like our chances......no matter who we play...

GO BRONCOS.....