PDA

View Full Version : If Broncos beat SD & enter the bye a game out of division lead, can they win the division? Vote in poll

Tned
10-04-2011, 07:07 AM
What do you think? Can the Broncos win the division? I know I have mentioned that I don't think the Broncos have given up on the division yet and most feedback to those comments has been we don't have a chance. Hence the poll.

MileHighCrew
10-04-2011, 07:11 AM
could they, well it is possible but highly unlikely

MasterShake
10-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Sure. Why not? The only games that stand out as really tough are Detroit, Buffalo, and New England (ok saying the first two was really weird). We were competitive in our losses minus some bonehead plays and sloppy penalties aside from the Green Bay massacre (but GB is doing that to everyone). If we lose this week though its going to be nearly impossible though. We need to play nearly perfect football from here on out and have some things go our way.

I'm not saying we are a great team, but we are good enough to stay competitive within our crappy division. Or not. Hell, I don't know I just watch the damn things! :lol:

Mike
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
No.

Tned
10-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Sure. Why not? The only games that stand out as really tough are Detroit, Buffalo, and New England (ok saying the first two was really weird). We were competitive in our losses minus some bonehead plays and sloppy penalties aside from the Green Bay massacre (but GB is doing that to everyone). If we lose this week though its going to be nearly impossible though. We need to play nearly perfect football from here on out and have some things go our way.

I'm not saying we are a great team, but we are good enough to stay competitive within our crappy division. Or not. Hell, I don't know I just watch the damn things! :lol:

Isn't it surreal to talk about Buffallo and Detroit being tough games. Forget the fact the Broncos are a struggling team, but those two teams are a tough matchup for anyone this season.

Juriga72
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
"Could we"...yes.... will we?...meh

vettesplus
10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
absolutely 100% no way they can or will win the division!!!

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Its cray talk like this that keeps orton in as starter.

lgenf
10-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Isn't it surreal to talk about Buffallo and Detroit being tough games. Forget the fact the Broncos are a struggling team, but those two teams are a tough matchup for anyone this season.

yeah those two are a tough match for everyone, yet we are a tough match for no one

I'm betting that Cincy feels they let one slip away

we have no shot at a division, we are in the basement of our division hanging out with KC, we can split that series, Oakland and San Diego are going to sweep us, NE, Detroit, Jets are going to beat us also that's 7 more loses that I can see on the calendar

we are rebuilding, and it's going to take time, we can clearly see that even the minor injuries that put a starter out for a week or two affect this team severely, we have no depth and to make it worse our starters are way better than our 2nd string and our starters aren't even dominant at their own positions

we do have some stand outs, but not many and with that weak arm head in the sand fetal position QB back there (not leading the team) our offense goes throgh spurts of looking good, but doesn't have any kind of killer instinct.

claymore
10-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Its the weakest division in Football. I think this team will continue to improve. I wish we didnt have the constant distraction of Tebow so that the fans could rally around this team.

So I say we can win it. If everyone (including the fans) comes together.

Mike
10-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Its the weakest division in Football. I think this team will continue to improve. I wish we didnt have the constant distraction of Tebow so that the fans could rally around this team.

Fans have nothing to do with this. And if they do, heaven help these vajayjay's of a football team. And who the hell can rally around a team when it has no leadership at the most important position in the game? A position in which our current player consistently shows that he is not able to come through when the team needs them?

This team will not win a division until the bum is removed and McCoy is let go.

Buff
10-04-2011, 09:02 AM
A definitive no.

We are a really really bad football team. We're closer to being the worst team in the league than we are a playoff team. I fully expect to finish behind Kansas City for last in the division.

claymore
10-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Fans have nothing to do with this. And if they do, heaven help these vajayjay's of a football team. And who the hell can rally around a team when it has no leadership at the most important position in the game? A position in which our current player consistently shows that he is not able to come through when the team needs them?

I agree Orton and McCoy are not the answer. We need an original offense, and a Quality QB.

I think the fans do have something to do with it though. Booing, and chanting Tebow doesnt help anything. I think a crowd that supported their team thru thick and thin would prove more beneficial for the long run.

I would have booed McD's teams though. I admit that.

Dreadnought
10-04-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree Orton and McCoy are not the answer. We need an original offense, and a Quality QB.

I think the fans do have something to do with it though. Booing, and chanting Tebow doesnt help anything. I think a crowd that supported their team thru thick and thin would prove more beneficial for the long run.

Orton is McD's creature and deserves as many Boo's as McD did - maybe even more, in that he is the man actually on the field folding and choking whenever the situation demands clutch play.

Mike
10-04-2011, 09:20 AM

There is just no way this base rally's behind bum. The players either need to get used to it (apparently like we need to get used to being stuck with bum) or tune it out.

Obviously, Tebow adds another dimension to the argument. But I honestly think that no matter who the backup is, the howls would be just as loud. Making this solely about Tebow is disingenuous. It takes away from just how horrible bum really is.

I hate booing my team and through the Griese years chided Bronco fans for voicing their displeasure. Those days are long gone. Fans NEED to let the team know that what they are fielding is entirely unacceptable. I still don't like booing my team...I just choose not to go to games now. Won't until bum is gone.

This fan base will rally behind the team when they stop spinning the situation, be candid, and make honest efforts to improve the team. Denver fans love their team passionately. What irks me the most about all this, from McD to EFX, is how jaded about this team I have become.

claymore
10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Orton is McD's creature and deserves as many Boo's as McD did - maybe even more, in that he is the man actually on the field folding and choking whenever the situation demands clutch play.

So is Tebow. Does he deserve to get booed for being terrible in practice? I would boo McD. Not the players that didnt ask for this.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
What do you think? Can the Broncos win the division? I know I have mentioned that I don't think the Broncos have given up on the division yet and most feedback to those comments has been we don't have a chance. Hence the poll.

No. I really am not some who likes being negative but I just don't see it happening. There are a few more games I think are winnable but nothing more than that.

claymore
10-04-2011, 09:28 AM
There is just no way this base rally's behind bum. The players either need to get used to it (apparently like we need to get used to being stuck with bum) or tune it out.

Obviously, Tebow adds another dimension to the argument. But I honestly think that no matter who the backup is, the howls would be just as loud. Making this solely about Tebow is disingenuous. It takes away from just how horrible bum really is.

I hate booing my team and through the Griese years chided Bronco fans for voicing their displeasure. Those days are long gone. Fans NEED to let the team know that what they are fielding is entirely unacceptable. I still don't like booing my team...I just choose not to go to games now. Won't until bum is gone.

This fan base will rally behind the team when they stop spinning the situation, be candid, and make honest efforts to improve the team. Denver fans love their team passionately. What irks me the most about all this, from McD to EFX, is how jaded about this team I have become.Not true. Quin IS the backup and nobody is chanting his name.

Tebow is the ultimate distraction. Its not his fault, but I dont think we will be a good fanbase/good team until he is gone, or a superstar.

In all the ways McD ****'ed us, Tebow was probably the worst.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Not true. Quin IS the backup and nobody is chanting his name.

Tebow is the ultimate distraction. Its not his fault, but I dont think we will be a good fanbase/good team until he is gone, or a superstar.

Sorry Clay. You don't know this. No one does.

Oh, and Phillip Rivers is 9-2 lifetime against the Broncos.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 09:33 AM

I agree with Mike that the fans are not going to help the team win talent will.

Mike at the same time what choice does McCoy have? It's not his decision to start Orton. We agree quarterback is the most important position that being the case how is McCoy suppose to get Orton to play better?

Dreadnought
10-04-2011, 09:34 AM
So is Tebow. Does he deserve to get booed for being terrible in practice? I would boo McD. Not the players that didnt ask for this.

Bogus argument Clay. Nope, Orton should be the target of our rage - he truly is McD's boi and he plays like it. Tebow's alleged practice deficiencies are irrelevant, esp. in that we have only McD's and Fox's word that he didn't perform well. Every time he's actually taken the field where we can see him he's made a liar or a fool of them

Mike
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Not true. Quin IS the backup and nobody is chanting his name.

Quinn is not the backup, clay. Even if he were, the Broncos have nothing invested in him. He is as much in the Broncos future as the bum is. The fans want Tebow because he could be in the future of the team.

This fanbase quiets down considerably if Tebow plays, I agree. Because it is the right thing for the team for the longterm. Every Bronco fan knows and understands that this team is in a rebuild whether the idiots in the FO want to admit it or not. So be honest about it and play the players that might have a future in Denver.

Either way, Denver loses. Bum may give us the "best chance" to win (which is completely bullshit), but his record with Denver speaks volumes. Denver's "best chance" is not winning games, so what is the harm in playing a player that possibly has a future in Denver?

I Eat Staples
10-04-2011, 09:37 AM

So is Tebow though. Hence why I want them both gone so we can get a real QB in here.

Mike
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I agree with Mike that the fans are not going to help the team win talent will.

Mike at the same time what choice does McCoy have? It's not his decision to start Orton. We agree quarterback is the most important position that being the case how is McCoy suppose to get Orton to play better?

You don't get bum to play better. He is what he is. Although his play has been substandard even for him so far this year, he can play consistently average most of the time and even above average at times, but when the game is on the line he craps the bed...nothing you can do to coach that.

Oh, and knocking those dumb ass WR screens out of the playbook would go a long way too.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Every report has stated that Quinn is the guy if Orton goes down right now. So if Orton is hurt just know now, that Quinn will be the guy coming in to relieve him. That probably has more to do with all the crappy chanting than it does the fact that Tebow can't read a defense.

claymore
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry Clay. You don't know this. No one does.

Oh, and Phillip Rivers is 9-2 lifetime against the Broncos.It was reported on MNF live, to millions and millions of people. There hasnt been a single peep or tweet that denies it.

Bogus argument Clay. Nope, Orton should be the target of our rage - he truly is McD's boi and he plays like it. Tebow's alleged practice deficiencies are irrelevant, esp. in that we have only McD's and Fox's word that he didn't perform well. Every time he's actually taken the field where we can see him he's made a liar or a fool of them

McD brough Tebow and Quin in to supplant Orton. Thats how much McD thought of Orton. Neither has been able to do it. Thats how bad those 2 are.

No one on this team was more "McD' than Tebow. "The smartest man in the room" shocked everyone by moving up in the draft to secure Tebow in the first.

The only way to make a one legged WR taken in the 1st rd look good is to take A QB that couldnt take the ball from center right after him.

BroncoStud
10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh nevermind...

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 10:04 AM
You don't get bum to play better. He is what he is. Although his play has been substandard even for him so far this year, he can play consistently average most of the time and even above average at times, but when the game is on the line he craps the bed...nothing you can do to coach that.

Oh, and knocking those dumb ass WR screens out of the playbook would go a long way too.

Yes Orton should be able to play better. He's now been a starter for more than three years. Also the changes made to the offense are were so drastic that Orton should struggle with it.

Speaking of wide receiver screens and screen plays in general it was pointed out in the preseason. Orton drops back differently on screens than he does on regular pass plays. On screens he drops back facing the line of scrimmage on regular pass plays he drops back in a traditional manner if he's under center.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Can they? Yes.

Will they? That's a different question altogether. I say no, unless Orton & Fox are ejected from this organization.

Lancane
10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Not a chance in F'n hell!

Two names for you, Kyle Orton and Mike McCoy, that's all that needs to be said!

horsepig
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
All these discussions are ridiculous. No one on this board is calling for Tebow so we can become world beaters! Every single fan calling for Tebow to play just wants to see it proven-what we have.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons for this phenomena, the main one being that this guy was an absolute phenom in college, possibly one of the best EVER! Let's see WTF he can do! PLEASE!

Oh, and screw what the coaches say they see in practice. I personally have witnessed more than one absolutely outstanding player bannished to the nether world of third string because any number of issues, #1 being the stupidity and incompetence of the coaching staff.

If one guy seems to always smite the infidel, I say put him in the smiter's position, so to speak.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
It was reported on MNF live, to millions and millions of people. There hasnt been a single peep or tweet that denies it.

Yeah - MNF hosts and the like are NEVER wrong. I forgot.

If I hear it from Fox, Elway or someone within the Broncos organization, I'll believe it then.

jhildebrand
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Nope. While it may remain a statistical possibility my crystal ball says no chance in hell.

TXBRONC
10-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Nope. While it may remain a statistical possibility my crystal ball says no chance in hell.

Spano of Mile High Sports thinks Denver has a chance to win this game. His argument is that the Chargers are not as good as their record indicates.

Northman
10-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Can we win the division? No.

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 11:56 PM

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

I Eat Staples
10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
I personally have witnessed more than one absolutely outstanding player bannished to the nether world of third string because any number of issues, #1 being the stupidity and incompetence of the coaching staff..

Who? How do you know they were outstanding if they're a third stringer?

NorthernLights
10-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Spano of Mile High Sports thinks Denver has a chance to win this game. His argument is that the Chargers are not as good as their record indicates.

I agree. The combined record of the teams the Chargers have beaten is 1-11. Gates, Jackson and Floyd are all hurting on the offense. Jammer and several on the defensive line are also dinged up.

Injuries are part of the game and every team has to deal with it, but I truly feel the Broncos will make this a very close game. The current line is Bolts by 4 but I think it's going to be closer than that.

Rivers was beaten to hell by the Chiefs pass rush and I think the Broncos might be a bit better, so I see lots of check downs and quick hits instead of the long ball that Norv loves so much.

Looking forward to a great game. Always tough going into Denver. Good luck.

Tned
10-05-2011, 07:19 AM

I tend to agree. I think those people thinking (I won't say hoping, because I know that few of us really want a loss regardless of what might be positive from it) the Broncos will be 1-4 at the break and Tebow will come in, are likely to get a surprise.

I think the Broncos have a very good chance to win this game. Not only that, but if the Broncos lose, I put the odds at BEST at 50/50 that Tebow or Quinn is put in after the bye. In fact, right now, I think it's more like 30/70 that Tebow will be given the starting job if Denver is 1-4.

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
I tend to agree. I think those people thinking (I won't say hoping, because I know that few of us really want a loss regardless of what might be positive from it) the Broncos will be 1-4 at the break and Tebow will come in, are likely to get a surprise.

I think the Broncos have a very good chance to win this game. Not only that, but if the Broncos lose, I put the odds at BEST at 50/50 that Tebow or Quinn is put in after the bye. In fact, right now, I think it's more like 30/70 that Tebow will be given the starting job if Denver is 1-4.

I think there will be NO CHANGE after the bye week even after 1-4... your starter will still be KO. Fox wont change KO until DBs are mathematically eliminated and even then if KO is going to get an extension then he will continue to start... IF KO is not offered a contract then BQ will start and TT will be traded in the offseason (maybe even before the deadline this season).

TXBRONC
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I agree. The combined record of the teams the Chargers have beaten is 1-11. Gates, Jackson and Floyd are all hurting on the offense. Jammer and several on the defensive line are also dinged up.

Injuries are part of the game and every team has to deal with it, but I truly feel the Broncos will make this a very close game. The current line is Bolts by 4 but I think it's going to be closer than that.

Rivers was beaten to hell by the Chiefs pass rush and I think the Broncos might be a bit better, so I see lots of check downs and quick hits instead of the long ball that Norv loves so much.

That's all true from what I understand but unfortunately Rivers has made it a habit to light Denver up like Roman candle.

I probably haven't been real clear about this but I don't think a change would necessarily come immediately following the bye week but I think that Elway and Fox would have to sit down discuss how much longer do we let Orton remain the starter if we're not in playoff contention? Fox may be resistant to change but I can't see Elway letting Fox keep Orton at starting quarterback all the way to a 2-14 record or something to that effect.

TXBRONC
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I think there will be NO CHANGE after the bye week even after 1-4... your starter will still be KO. Fox wont change KO until DBs are mathematically eliminated and even then if KO is going to get an extension then he will continue to start... IF KO is not offered a contract then BQ will start and TT will be traded in the offseason (maybe even before the deadline this season).

As I said to Tned I can't see Elway sitting on his hands and letting Fox keep Orton in as the starting quarterback to the tune of a 2-14 record or something like it.

Tebow is the only quarterback on the roster that has contract for next season. Likelihood of Orton or Quinn coming back next season is remote imho.

Northman
10-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Shame on you. You should have more faith in your team.

Rivers is 8-3 vs the Broncos and his only losses were basically a result of,

1) His rookie year.

2) Ed Hoculi blowing a call.

3) Eddie Royal going buck wild on ST's.

SD ALWAYS gets off to slow starts but they generally give Denver the business.

Right now the Broncos are trying to rebuild, could they squeek one out? Sure. But the chances are very very slim at best.

vandammage13
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM

After this week the combined records of teams they have beaten will be 2-15.

...And they still won't have beaten anyone. Take the wins when you can get 'em sparkler.