PDA

View Full Version : NY Times to John Fox: PLAY TEBOW!

DenBronx
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Time for Tebow

With the Denver Broncos struggling early in the season, William C. Rhoden has a message for coach John Fox: Start Tim Tebow.

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/10/03/multimedia/100000001088450/time-for-tebow.html

Krugan
10-03-2011, 10:34 PM
First time in years, that the east coast considered the Broncos...

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow... Never thought I would agree with anything the NYTimes said but here it is...

Northman
10-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Im not sure why the NY Times even cares. lol

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 10:45 PM

Because it is THAT obvious to most reasonable people that a change needs to be made... Even those who aren't emotionally attached to the situation.

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh wait, Willis McGahee weighs in on the subject...

Kyle's our guy. That's who we're rolling with. Whoever doesn't like it, it is what it is. He's leading the Denver Broncos. He's running the show. So, I mean, I think everybody just needs to get over it. - Willis

Some love to the fans from our first year RB... :laugh:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7056216/john-fox-denver-broncos-says-switching-qbs-fix-issues

Northman
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Because it is THAT obvious to most reasonable people that a change needs to be made... Even those who aren't emotionally attached to the situation.

Its actually been obvious as far back as last year. Still doesnt explain why they care. They have no fight in it.

Clipworthy
10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
What does this team have to lose, if Tebow plays and sucks, they look like geniuses. If Tebow plays and is good, they look like geniuses. If they play Orton and lose, they look like morons.

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Same article, Fox weighs in on why he didn't give Tebow or Quinn any reps when the game was a blowout...

We need our STARTING quarterback to get experience, for us to improve," Fox explained. "That's the idea behind that. He needs to get better in our system. I know he gets judged on the past couple of years. But we are trying to get him better in our system and use that experience to get better." - John Fox

:laugh::laugh::laugh: - Just comical at this point. The trainwreck continues.

girler
10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I didn't know the NYTimes knew Colorado existed, let alone the Broncos... This must be worse than we thought...

:rolleyes:

Northman
10-03-2011, 10:55 PM
LMAO! Wow. He needs experience in their system and he wont be here at the end of the year. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 12:41 AM
LMAO! Wow. He needs experience in their system and he wont be here at the end of the year. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

unless he will be... holy shit will i feel for the bronco fans if KO is signed to another extension... these are years of your lives you will never get back.

BeefStew25
10-04-2011, 12:48 AM
unless he will be... holy shit will i feel for the bronco fans if KO is signed to another extension... these are years of your lives you will never get back.

I thought you were a bronco fan also.

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 12:57 AM
I thought you were a bronco fan also.

If KO is going to be the long term QB in denver you can count me the **** out.

watching KO fumble away ballgames for years to come is like setting your nutts on fire and putting them out with a weed whacker.

Even if Tebow gets traded ill still be a bronco fan but not as long as KO is leading this team.

BeefStew25
10-04-2011, 01:09 AM
If KO is going to be the long term QB in denver you can count me the **** out.

watching KO fumble away ballgames for years to come is like setting your nutts on fire and putting them out with a weed whacker.

Even if Tebow gets traded ill still be a bronco fan but not as long as KO is leading this team.

Bye.

Clipworthy
10-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Would I still be a Broncos fan if I start to change the channel when the offense has the ball

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Bye.

where you going stew? gotta go watch glee or something?

rationalfan
10-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Two thoughts:

1. Bill Rhoden is a dinosaur; smart guy, good writer, but this feels like an old dude trying to tap into something "fresh."

2. Y'all need to get over this presumed "east coast snub" of the broncos. consider this: why would media companies on the east coast focus on a team that's been losing for years? the public likes winners; the broncos haven't been a winner for a while.

fvkw
10-04-2011, 12:00 PM
What does this team have to lose, if Tebow plays and sucks, they look like geniuses. If Tebow plays and is good, they look like geniuses. If they play Orton and lose, they look like morons.

AMEN !

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Would I still be a Broncos fan if I start to change the channel when the offense has the ball

You must watch one singular commercial then because that's all kyle needs to throw an int.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I read an article that said even the Green Bay fans were calling for Tebow during the game - not because they thought he'd suck, but because they actually wanted to see a competitive game...

Has any opposing team actually called for the backup QB of the other team to start because they thought the current starter was that bad? :tsk:

vandammage13
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I read an article that said even the Green Bay fans were calling for Tebow during the game - not because they thought he'd suck, but because they actually wanted to see a competitive game...

Has any opposing team actually called for the backup QB of the other team to start because they thought the current starter was that bad? :tsk:

Sad...Yet, I have become so jaded over the last couple of years it is also somewhat amusing to me....:tsk: :puke:

Lancane
10-04-2011, 02:32 PM

Quite pathetic, don't you agree?

This is typical John Fox though, so I am not surprised at all. And I think he'll continue down this path unless his boss (Elway) decides to man up and say that enough is enough. We could be 1-7 and he'd still tell reporters that "Kyle gives us the best chance to win".

We have a thread about missing Shanahan, here's a good question - does anyone miss Studesville yet?

:tsk:

rationalfan
10-04-2011, 03:01 PM

yeah, lindsay jones was tweeting that during the game. i get your point; but it's different with tebow, his faith and moralistic stance will always make him a favorite to a certain demographic whether they believe he's good or not; whether they're broncos fans or not.

for me, that's what makes this tebow/orton/broncos situation so frustrating. every fan has a bias toward certain players - human nature. but with tebow so many fans/people bring in an entirely different set of biases. they want tebow because they buy into his philosophies, they want tebow because they want another christian hero, they want tebow because they want a role model for their children, etc. it's not a clear perspective on why tebow should play.

having said that, most of the tebow banter on this board appears to be more about hating orton or losing than anything about tebow's spiritual character.

DenBronx
10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
yeah, lindsay jones was tweeting that during the game. i get your point; but it's different with tebow, his faith and moralistic stance will always make him a favorite to a certain demographic whether they believe he's good or not; whether they're broncos fans or not.

for me, that's what makes this tebow/orton/broncos situation so frustrating. every fan has a bias toward certain players - human nature. but with tebow so many fans/people bring in an entirely different set of biases. they want tebow because they buy into his philosophies, they want tebow because they want another christian hero, they want tebow because they want a role model for their children, etc. it's not a clear perspective on why tebow should play.

having said that, most of the tebow banter on this board appears to be more about hating orton or losing than anything about tebow's spiritual character.

I think it's fair to say that but I'm a Christian and that's not why I want to see him play.

I want to see him play because we spent a 1st round pick on him, because what I saw him do in college, what I saw him do the last 3 games, what I saw him do in preseason, because Ortons winning percentage here in Denver is well below .500, Orton is average and kind find ways to make plays, because we put Orton on the trading block and are back pedaling now, ect ect ect.

There are many reasons why fans want to see him play. Those that want to see him play purely because he is Christian has to be a very small group. The hype on Tebow is because what he did in college and not Christianity.

It's the liberal media that doesn't like his views and values and they want to bring out anything negitive to stir up controversy. They are reaching for a story.

What about Brian Dawkins? The guy prays every game and ministers to people. Are people biased on him because of his beliefs? No, we see what he can do on the field!

Ravage!!!
10-04-2011, 03:17 PM

Because it sells papers that the NY Times is making a statement to Fox, and then it will sell papers when Tebow starts.

rcsodak
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
First time in years, that the east coast considered the Broncos...
Too bad it comes from a dieing publication that is wrong 9/10 times.

Oops. Make that 10/11 now.

:lol:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

lgenf
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM

that's freaking hysterical - not sad

I know why I want him to play - I think he can do better then Orton because I saw it with my own eyes at the end of last season and in the preseason this year

he grew from those last three games at the end of last year to the preseason games this year - last year he was taking off out of the pocket and not looking down field

this year in the preseason, he had probably the worst protection with those scrub olineman of any time he has ever played, and he was looking down field trying to scramble and keep the play live, but not just running down field, he was trying to extend the play rather then be a running QB

now I want to see what he can do 5 or 6 weeks into the season - and honestly with Orton losing there is no point, watching a pick 6 or fumbles or ints from Orton feels bad, and I feel T2 can do at least that good if not better.

And I want to see his progression over the next 10-12 games

I don't want it to be a 3 game tryout again at the end of the year, I want to see weeks of practice with the 1st string, weeks of game film sessions and coaching (like he got in college) if you don't get the chance for that coaching and film time and reps how much can you improve in practice?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM

I understand that everyone "thinks" they know why we aren't playing Tebow or why so many are calling for him to start, but lets throw out a a fun scenario:

Let's suppose we take Andrew Luck with the #1 overall pick and allow Orton and Quinn to walk during free agency (yay!). Fox and Elway decide that Luck just isn't ready to start in 2012 and starts Tim Tebow because he's the vet who "knows the offense and gives the best chance to win". Tim Tebow plays poorly and goes 3-10, gets hurt and Luck plays the last 3 games of the season going 1-2. He puts up better stats than any other rookie QB and even leads a comeback victory.

Fast forward to fall 2013. Luck performs poorly in training camp (for whatever reason) and Tebow is anointed starter. The Broncos start 1-3 under Tebow and can't score/move the ball on offense. Tebow has 8 turnovers in 4 games, most of which have severely affected the team's chances to win.

So, do we cry for Luck to play, or do we stick with Tebow as the guy who gives us the "best chance to win"?

Wouldn't that be great if it turned out that way???

Broncos fans don't want to see Tebow start for any other reason than they truly believe he'll give the team the best chance to win right now. This isn't about Gator fans or religious zealots, it's about Broncos fans, the same ones that have always been here...

rationalfan
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I understand that everyone "thinks" they know why we aren't playing Tebow or why so many are calling for him to start, but lets throw out a a fun scenario:

Let's suppose we take Andrew Luck with the #1 overall pick and allow Orton and Quinn to walk during free agency (yay!). Fox and Elway decide that Luck just isn't ready to start in 2012 and starts Tim Tebow because he's the vet who "knows the offense and gives the best chance to win". Tim Tebow plays poorly and goes 3-10, gets hurt and Luck plays the last 3 games of the season going 1-2. He puts up better stats than any other rookie QB and even leads a comeback victory.

Fast forward to fall 2013. Luck performs poorly in training camp (for whatever reason) and Tebow is anointed starter. The Broncos start 1-3 under Tebow and can't score/move the ball on offense. Tebow has 8 turnovers in 4 games, most of which have severely affected the team's chances to win.

So, do we cry for Luck to play, or do we stick with Tebow as the guy who gives us the "best chance to win"?

Wouldn't that be great if it turned out that way???

Broncos fans don't want to see Tebow start for any other reason than they truly believe he'll give the team the best chance to win right now. This isn't about Gator fans or religious zealots, it's about Broncos fans, the same ones that have always been here...

but it's not all about broncos fans with tebow; there are a lot of christians who want tebow to succeed regardless of what uniform he's wearing.

there's more at stake with tebow than just winning and losing football games, and that's what makes this situation so frustrating - and fascinating.

it's also why, i believe, you can't just hand the keys over to tebow and let it be. say he starts in week 7 and is terrible. you give him another week, and he's terrible. the coach has to pull him out of the lineup, but this isn't the average NFL QB. his following is different, more fanatical, more polarized. they'll throw venomous cries of spiritual bigotry at the broncos if tebow is benched; suddenly religious right radio shows are talking about the broncos in a negative light. all because tebow was benched. it doesn't matter that religion had nothing to do with the benching, the truth isn't important in these discussions, it's all about the spin you can use to rally a demographic.

i believe that's part of the reason why the broncos' coaching staff and organization hasn't even hinted at tebow as a possible replacement for orton; there's so much more risk to the organization if tebow plays and has to be relieved of his duties.

again, it's about more than wins and losses with tebow.

LawDog
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
"We need our STARTING quarterback to get experience, for us to improve," Fox explained. "That's the idea behind that. He needs to get better in our system. I know he gets judged on the past couple of years. But we are trying to get him better in our system and use that experience to get better."

So, coach, just to be clear, what you are saying is that our "system" includes playing from behind by 32 points in the fourth quarter? Our "system" includes spotting the defending world champs over 4 touchdowns and then trying to play catch-up with a quarterback not known for his come-from-behind-wins? Is that what you are trying to teach a mediocre, seven-year vet, your "system" of clawing back into an un-winnable game, on the road, against an elite gunslinger who spent the previous three quarters punking your defense? That's your "system"? Really? Your quarterback sucked in your "system" starting in the first quarter. What, possibly, could he learn from throwing another couple of picks trying to play long ball with a mediocre arm? Your "system" isn't built around a fast tempo, no-huddle, wear out the other team's defense or catch them in substitutions or mis-coverages, where running a hurry-up no-huddle might help - because you weren't even trying to do that. This comment, along with your "We tried one Tebow package and it didn't work" is so utterly disingenuous and moronic that you'd be much better off if you simply said, "No comment, next question."

Bullgator
10-04-2011, 11:55 PM
but it's not all about broncos fans with tebow; there are a lot of christians who want tebow to succeed regardless of what uniform he's wearing.

there's more at stake with tebow than just winning and losing football games, and that's what makes this situation so frustrating - and fascinating.

it's also why, i believe, you can't just hand the keys over to tebow and let it be. say he starts in week 7 and is terrible. you give him another week, and he's terrible. the coach has to pull him out of the lineup, but this isn't the average NFL QB. his following is different, more fanatical, more polarized. they'll throw venomous cries of spiritual bigotry at the broncos if tebow is benched; suddenly religious right radio shows are talking about the broncos in a negative light. all because tebow was benched. it doesn't matter that religion had nothing to do with the benching, the truth isn't important in these discussions, it's all about the spin you can use to rally a demographic.

i believe that's part of the reason why the broncos' coaching staff and organization hasn't even hinted at tebow as a possible replacement for orton; there's so much more risk to the organization if tebow plays and has to be relieved of his duties.

again, it's about more than wins and losses with tebow.

so far dood the only one i have seen around here that is bringing religion into this is you.

Its obvious you are anti religious and that is why your anti TT. You hate his fans cuz they are jesus freaks and would bring religion into the convo.

BUT ITS YOU who are doing this lol! not anyone else, not his "zealot" fans, just you.

what you are accusing people of doing, which is being biased about TT about shit that has nothing to do with football, YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW.

open your eyes and take your own advice and leave religion out of it shmook

Chris90210
10-05-2011, 12:06 AM
http://peanutbutterjellytime.net/images/peanut-butter-jelly-time-12.gifhttp://peanutbutterjellytime.net/images/peanut-butter-jelly-time-12.gifhttp://peanutbutterjellytime.net/images/peanut-butter-jelly-time-12.gifhttp://peanutbutterjellytime.net/images/peanut-butter-jelly-time-12.gif

Peanut Butter Tebow Time!!!!!

scott.475
10-05-2011, 12:32 AM
I want Orton gone as much as anyone, but know what? If we were sitting on a 3-1 record instead of 1-3, I really wouldn't be upset that Orton was starting. All Kyle needs to do is win and this criticism will go away, all these calls to replace him will subside. But, we all know he can't do it. I can't think of many QBs with his record who have been afforded so many excuses for their performance. Oh, I know there have been some, but I can't think of any that ultimately went on to major success.

So many people are making it that we just want Tebow to start because he is Tebow. If Orton was winning, I wouldn't care if we had Elway or Montana or Warner on the bench, if Orton was a winner I would be happy with him being the starter. He is NOT a winner, he doesn't play like one, doesn't carry himself like one, and doesn't lead the team like one. I have said repeatedly, give me Quinn or Tebow, just end this failed Kyle Orton experiment.

rationalfan
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
so far dood the only one i have seen around here that is bringing religion into this is you.

Its obvious you are anti religious and that is why your anti TT. You hate his fans cuz they are jesus freaks and would bring religion into the convo.

BUT ITS YOU who are doing this lol! not anyone else, not his "zealot" fans, just you.

what you are accusing people of doing, which is being biased about TT about shit that has nothing to do with football, YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW.

open your eyes and take your own advice and leave religion out of it shmook

first: uh, yes, i injected the tebow + religion aspect into this thread to prove a point i had. i also wrote that this board has not been judging tebow on religion, but rather football. so, there's that.

next: your assessment of me as being "anti-TT" and "anti religious" says more about your narrow perspective than anything about me. i didn't judge tebow on his religion, i presented the idea that his followers of faith make this tebow situation more tricky to handle than the typical backup QB debate. don't make this into a personal crusade; it's not worth it.

last: if you are a "christian," which I'm assuming by your overreaction to any mere mention of what might be misunderstood as anti-religious rhetoric, you should read more about jay bakker and his views that christians should be more accepting of others rather than secluding people who don't share their beliefs.

have fun.

lgenf
10-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I think Rational, that you are way over estimating how many T2 fans are just fans of him because of his views on religion - there may be some, but NO WAY are they the vocal majority, nor do I think many of them are vocal at all

The issue with T2 breaks down to this:

Orton is not winning - has not won - and has done some things at key times that have cost us games

So that amplifies the cries for T2 (and some for Quinn, although I don't think after that game 4 preseason performance there are SO many of those any more)

now you get to T2

many look at this - he is one of the most successful NCAA Div 1 QB's in history, he did it over a 3 year career (his first year he was not the starting QB, rather a package guy) he did this in the SEC against teams that destroyed many other top teams around the country in head to head competition

add to that, in the three games he played in last year, he looked rough, but didn't look like he never played the position before, and made some plays that many had not seen a Denver QB make in some time, additionally he made some of those rookie plays. But overall, the team did respond to him and his play, they played UP to his level

add to that, in the preseason this year, he looked pretty good - granted playing against 2nd or 3rd string players, but you gotta give it this also - he played WITH 2nd or 3rd string players so the guys on his side of the ball were not going to the pro-bowl this year either

and as stated - the lack of Orton play only amplifies the need for something ELSE

practice WE DO NOT SEE - many commented on training camp that he can't play QB at all - well my eyes and many other's eyes saw things differently

if you just take the 4th preseason game and removed the names and numbers off the jerseys you would have thought Quinn was the one that couldn't play QB

BroncoStud
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I guess I missed the part where it makes sense to play a QB who won't be here next year, so he "can get better in the system..."

Yeah coach Fox, that makes a LOT of sense... :flypig:

lgenf
10-05-2011, 11:55 AM
oh yeah, let's add this also

T2 had a 108 Qb rating from all his play in the preseason

I don't know about practice performance, but I do know that you cannot hit the QB in practice and you can in games, so in games T2 has out performed what the "experts" were saying he was unable to do

Riddle me this:
IF YOU CANNOT PLAY QB IN THE NFL - HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET A 108 QB RATING DURING 3 of 4 GAMES?

rationalfan
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
lgenf: you're not wrong. i was simply presenting another side to this complex and fascinating situation swirling around tebow.

as for underestimating tebow's christian fans; i don't think so. they're not hardcore football fans who cheer for a team every week and live for monday morning discussions; they're christians who have an interest in sports, particularly atheletes with christian values. they're also front-runners, cheering for winners - like tebow or kurt warner. they won't buy a lot of game tickets. and they won't frequent on boards like this, but they make their presence known when it matters.

this isn't a tebow thing; it's a thing relating to tebow. follow the habits of evangelical america and you'll see it. very interesting cultural studies.

Bullgator
10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
lgenf: you're not wrong. i was simply presenting another side to this complex and fascinating situation swirling around tebow.

as for underestimating tebow's christian fans; i don't think so. they're not hardcore football fans who cheer for a team every week and live for monday morning discussions; they're christians who have an interest in sports, particularly atheletes with christian values. they're also front-runners, cheering for winners - like tebow or kurt warner. they won't buy a lot of game tickets. and they won't frequent on boards like this, but they make their presence known when it matters.

this isn't a tebow thing; it's a thing relating to tebow. follow the habits of evangelical america and you'll see it. very interesting cultural studies.

That is the most ignorant thing you have ever posted... seriously someone needs to take rational out of your name...

you are making a blanket statement about millions of people and saying because they believe in God they cant be die hard football fans? wtf are you smoking?????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

again it is you bringing religion into this and trying to make a case against TT because of his following... you are what you claim to hate. in a word.... Irrational.

weazel
10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Time for Tebow

With the Denver Broncos struggling early in the season, William C. Rhoden has a message for coach John Fox: Start Tim Tebow.

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/10/03/multimedia/100000001088450/time-for-tebow.html

yeah, maybe we should get the employees of a newspaper to run the team :rolleyes:

BroncoStud
10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
yeah, maybe we should get the employees of a newspaper to run the team :rolleyes:

They couldn't do any worse than McDipshit did...

slim
10-05-2011, 02:07 PM
"We need our STARTING quarterback to get experience, for us to improve," Fox explained. "That's the idea behind that. He needs to get better in our system. I know he gets judged on the past couple of years. But we are trying to get him better in our system and use that experience to get better."

So, coach, just to be clear, what you are saying is that our "system" includes playing from behind by 32 points in the fourth quarter? Our "system" includes spotting the defending world champs over 4 touchdowns and then trying to play catch-up with a quarterback not known for his come-from-behind-wins? Is that what you are trying to teach a mediocre, seven-year vet, your "system" of clawing back into an un-winnable game, on the road, against an elite gunslinger who spent the previous three quarters punking your defense? That's your "system"? Really? Your quarterback sucked in your "system" starting in the first quarter. What, possibly, could he learn from throwing another couple of picks trying to play long ball with a mediocre arm? Your "system" isn't built around a fast tempo, no-huddle, wear out the other team's defense or catch them in substitutions or mis-coverages, where running a hurry-up no-huddle might help - because you weren't even trying to do that. This comment, along with your "We tried one Tebow package and it didn't work" is so utterly disingenuous and moronic that you'd be much better off if you simply said, "No comment, next question."

QFT

I would much prefer he not say anything, than to keep spewing this kind of BS.

rationalfan
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM
That is the most ignorant thing you have ever posted... seriously someone needs to take rational out of your name...

you are making a blanket statement about millions of people and saying because they believe in God they cant be die hard football fans? wtf are you smoking?????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

again it is you bringing religion into this and trying to make a case against TT because of his following... you are what you claim to hate. in a word.... Irrational.

seriously, man, you need to take a reading comprehension course.

Cugel
10-05-2011, 03:04 PM
NOTICE TO ALL TEBOWNIACS!

Tebow IS going to get to start this season, so stop hyper-ventilating and lose the attitude. :coffee:

Given: The Broncos are a bad football team that was utterly devastated by Typhoon McDaniels and left with no talent.

Given: They will continue to lose under Orton.

Given: By around game #9 they'll be 1-8 or perhaps 2-7. By then there won't be any more reason to play Orton to please the veterans.

Given: At that point they will start Tebow for the last 5, 6, or 7 games.

Do any of you Tebowniacs really believe that it matters to Tebow's development whether he gets to start 5 or 10 games with this bad team?

Conclusion: You'll get to see your man-crush in action THIS season. :coffee:

And of course he's not going to do anything we didn't see in the pre-season or last year -- run around in the shot-gun and try and "make something happen."

That makes the idiot fans delighted "wow did you see that exciting play!" but it utterly fails to impress John Fox.

And next April the Broncos will draft their QB of the future. What happens to Tebow at that point is we have a QB controversy -- or he gets shipped out somewhere else.

Ryan_the_Bucs_Fan
10-05-2011, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/25862/pat-yasinskas-qb-watch-4

Yeah, Denver fans are chanting his name. But the Broncos still have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn ahead of Tebow on the depth chart. Those fans are wasting their time. I covered John Fox throughout his time in Carolina and he might be the most stubborn coach ever. He's not sure Tebow even should be an NFL quarterback, so there's no way he's going to suddenly hand him the ball. Remember, Fox is a guy who stuck with Jake Delhomme for two years after it became obvious that act had run its course. He's going to stick with Orton and, if he eventually does something, it will be giving Quinn a try. Fox once coaxed Vinny Testaverde out of retirement because he feels safer with a veteran. Tebow's never going to be the starting quarterback in Denver while Fox is there.

I'd say bad news for Bronco's fans on this one. Down at the bottom of the article. As a Bucs fan seeing the Panthers play a lot I can confirm this is true. Fox might just be one of the most stubborn coaches in the entire league and the more he is pressed to do something, the more he will dig his feet in. Don't be surprised if Timmy and Quinn are left sitting on the bench all season, no matter how bad the record gets.

Northman
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/25862/pat-yasinskas-qb-watch-4

I'd say bad news for Bronco's fans on this one. Down at the bottom of the article. As a Bucs fan seeing the Panthers play a lot I can confirm this is true. Fox might just be one of the most stubborn coaches in the entire league and the more he is pressed to do something, the more he will dig his feet in. Don't be surprised if Timmy and Quinn are left sitting on the bench all season, no matter how bad the record gets.

Yea, i hear it a lot and agree that Tebow most likely wont see the field this year. The fact that Orton is still "learning" the system according to Fox just tells me he doesnt have much of a clue of what we are supposed to be doing this year.