PDA

View Full Version : Defense?

Oldschoolcrush
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Take the best defense in the league and pair it with an offense that....
#1 Can't manage the clock
#2 Can't score in the red zone
#3 Gives up the ball on turnovers

An offense like this gives up the ball in every example to the opposition giving them the chances to capitalize on the score board where they themselves have failed to.
Give the opponent enough chances, they are going to make even the best defense statistically look bad.... HMMMMM!
Time of possession, number of possessions and scoring opportunities that were not capitalized upon are all considerations when examining stats.

Conclusion.... An offense that can't control the game asks way to much of the defense and you begin to see it's best players go down with injury because they are overextended.
Get behind on the scoreboard and it places an otherwise aggressive defense on it's heels.... Can't afford to attack anywhere but the 3 or 4 pass rush (also asking those players to overextend) and it places them into a zone package that gets picked to pieces by any good quarterback, which in result further perpetuates the problem.

Am I suggesting the bronco defense is the best in the league? Not hardly..... But I don't even have to suggest, in fact I will openly say that the bronco offense is piss poor beyond the occasional star player highlight; and no doubt in my mind, they make a good defense look bad.

Shazam!
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm hungry.

camdisco24
10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
This is a valid point. This is a team sport and the play of the offense directly affects the play of the defense. When you can't keep the D off the field, you can't really expect them maintain a pedal to the medal type play.

sneakers
10-03-2011, 10:24 PM
**** the defense....let's get orton! He is the one responsible for all bronco ails.

:protest:

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Defense in the NFL is overrated.

Oldschoolcrush
10-04-2011, 02:52 AM
**** the defense....let's get orton! He is the one responsible for all bronco ails.

:protest:Is it really Orton's fault? Seeing the offensive coordinator put Tebow in on first down to delay run it up the gut?
Was the call an attempt at brilliance where it actually thought the defense would expect some sort of misdirect or the deep threat and abandon the obvious spy therefore making this call effective?
No, I'm pretty certain there was absolutely nothing brilliant about that call, nor have I seen anything resembling or being anywhere close to brilliance coming from McCoy..... Maybe he's a bit confused going from McDummy's predominate shotgun look to Fox's pound it up the middle?
I mean really, what kind of misdirect can you really accomplish here without telegraphing it with the first four steps from your receivers? Maybe a simple play action pass where the "blocking" TE or FB releases and gets a moderate token? Or maybe more of a delay with the flea flicker where you can play it deeper down the field?
How many different looks can you give through play action pass where there are no shifts from the line and zero motion from the quarterback?
Yeah, I actually got excited the first time I saw it..... After about the fifth time I sunk back off the edge of the couch deep into once again discouraged.
What was accomplished? A bit less aggressiveness from the defense on the line to open the pound it up the middle to Mcgahee? Too little too late if you ask me! The game was out of hand in it's conception.

sneakers
10-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Is it really Orton's fault? Seeing the offensive coordinator put Tebow in on first down to delay run it up the gut?
Was the call an attempt at brilliance where it actually thought the defense would expect some sort of misdirect or the deep threat and abandon the obvious spy therefore making this call effective?
No, I'm pretty certain there was absolutely nothing brilliant about that call, nor have I seen anything resembling or being anywhere close to brilliance coming from McCoy..... Maybe he's a bit confused going from McDummy's predominate shotgun look to Fox's pound it up the middle?
I mean really, what kind of misdirect can you really accomplish here without telegraphing it with the first four steps from your receivers? Maybe a simple play action pass where the "blocking" TE or FB releases and gets a moderate token? Or maybe more of a delay with the flea flicker where you can play it deeper down the field?
How many different looks can you give through play action pass where there are no shifts from the line and zero motion from the quarterback?
Yeah, I actually got excited the first time I saw it..... After about the fifth time I sunk back off the edge of the couch deep into once again discouraged.
What was accomplished? A bit less aggressiveness from the defense on the line to open the pound it up the middle to Mcgahee? Too little too late if you ask me! The game was out of hand in it's conception.

Yes, and it was all Orton's fault. No one else was responsible. :playingball:

horsepig
10-04-2011, 03:47 PM
It was all Orton's fault? Really?

rcsodak
10-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Is OBL REALLY dead? I think he's being held somewhere, crying like a baby/soiling himself.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
10-05-2011, 06:25 AM

:protest:

I'll drink to that and I don't even drink. :beer: