PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi or Radiohead?

CrazyHorse
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Pretty simple question. Which would you rather listen to. Me and my friend were having this debate and it needs to be settled.

Northman
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Bon Jovi (early stuff)

Zweems56
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Perhaps it's because I'm from NJ, and the love for Bon Jovi out here is disgusting, but I can't stand the dude's music.

Buff
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Bon Jovi, hands down. Radiohead has a couple great tunes, but most of their stuff is too esoteric and avant-garde for my tastes.

Northman
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Bon Jovi, hands down. Radiohead has a couple great tunes, but most of their stuff is too esoteric and avant-garde for my tastes.

Yea, i dont mind avant-garde stuff myself but just could never get into RH and always felt they were massively overrated.

gnomeflinger
10-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Bon Jovi, for sure.

MileHighCrew
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
radiohead not even close. The Bends is one of the best albums of all time IMO and my name in fantasy hockey is Paranoid Tourist, has been for years. but I like there older stuff much more than the new stuff. Same with Bon Jovi though

shank
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
radiohead. **** jon bovi.

slim
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
radiohead. **** jon bovi.

Faggot.

slim
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh, I vote for Bon Jovi.

BigDaddyBronco
10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
:deadtome:

chazoe60
10-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Where is the "I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear" option.

They both suck.

Edit: I will say this though, at least there are people out ther that actually enjoy Bon Jovi. I am fully convinced that no one in the world actually likes Radiohead, they just want other people to believe that they like Radiohead.

MileHighCrew
10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Where is the "I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear" option.

They both suck.

Edit: I will say this though, at least there are people out ther that actually enjoy Bon Jovi. I am fully convinced that no one in the world actually likes Radiohead, they just want other people to believe that they like Radiohead.

i love radioheads first 4 albums, not so much after that but it kind of blows your theroy to hell. plus i am way too old to care if it makes me look cool to like a band

atwater27
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Why is this a tie? Jovi is a douche. And his post 80's remade persona is uberdouche.

I admit, radiohead might as well be from another planet, bunch of weird dudes. And I can't even listen to any of their shit past Kid A. But I'll take talented aliens over douches any day.

Dreadnought
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Radiohead > Bon Jovi, like Peyton Manning > Kyle Orton. Not a fair competition at all.

Thnikkaman
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
radiohead. no contest. I also love the stuff Tom Yorke has done with DJ shadow (U.N.K.L.E) and with flying lotus.

chazoe60
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
radiohead. no contest. I also love the stuff Tom Waites (sp?) has done with DJ shadow (U.N.K.L.E) and with flying lotus.

Do you have some song titles for that Tom Waits collaboration stuff. I'm a huge Tom Waits fan but I'm having trouble finding the stuff you're talking about.

Dreadnought
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
i love radioheads first 4 albums, not so much after that but it kind of blows your theroy to hell. plus i am way too old to care if it makes me look cool to like a band

And I'm even older than you, and I like Radiohead too. Bon Jovi? Dull as dishwater. Nothing unique about them at all.

gnomeflinger
10-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I like both, but I think older Bon Jovi is better than Radiohead.

Northman
10-03-2011, 11:58 PM
I like both, but I think older Bon Jovi is better than Radiohead.

By miles.

Buff
10-04-2011, 12:02 AM
And I'm even older than you, and I like Radiohead too. Bon Jovi? Dull as dishwater. Nothing unique about them at all.

I feel like this isn't a fair comparison...

It's like saying, who is a better writer: Dr. Seuss or Mark Twain

Of course Radiohead is "better" but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to listen to them more than Bon Jovi. Sometimes I don't need my music to push the envelope. (That said, "Creep" and "Karma Police" are better songs than anything Bon Jovi could ever hope to write.)

CrazyHorse
10-04-2011, 02:05 AM

Of course Radiohead is "better" but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to listen to them more than Bon Jovi. Sometimes I don't need my music to push the envelope. (That said, "Creep" and "Karma Police" are better songs than anything Bon Jovi could ever hope to write.)

Exactly. Which was the point of my question. I wasn't asking who's better but who you would rather listen to.

Thnikkaman
10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Do you have some song titles for that Tom Waits collaboration stuff. I'm a huge Tom Waits fan but I'm having trouble finding the stuff you're talking about.

I was on my mobile, and couldn't get the name right. I meant Tom Yorke, not Tom Waits.

cud_k9f6tqk

Thnikkaman
10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
KvZmd1ceCLY

BroncoNut
10-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Bon Jovi.

BroncoNut
10-04-2011, 08:07 AM

Says the man who hates Bruce Springsteen, the greatest Rocker of all time

Thnikkaman
10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Says the man who hates Bruce Springsteen, the greatest Rocker of all time

Springsteen sucks as well.

Dzone
10-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Springsteen needs to shave the vagina off his chin. Makes him look like an idiot.

tomjonesrocks
10-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Is this a joke?

One of the world's great bands vs. "wanted dead or alive" Bon Jovi.

Did Devaroe post this?

Softskull
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM

I know this is subjective, but I'd rather listen to either of the Radiohead songs listed (neither a favorite RH song) 100 times before hearing Wanted Dead or Alive ever again.

atwater27
10-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Makes him look like an idiot.

Well it would match what comes out of his mouth.

Thnikkaman
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
The issue is weather people want to hear a vanilla pop Rock and Roll song vs something edgy and innovative.

I'll pick edgy and innovative every time, but that doesn't mean the vanilla pop rock is necessarily bad. Who am I kidding, anything produced specifically for mass appeal is horrible. Bon Jovi still sucks.

BigDaddyBronco
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM
The issue is weather people want to hear a vanilla pop Rock and Roll song vs something edgy and innovative.

I'll pick edgy and innovative every time, but that doesn't mean the vanilla pop rock is necessarily bad. Who am I kidding, anything produced specifically for mass appeal is horrible. Bon Jovi still sucks.

Homer: I was in a record store, and they were playing all these bands I'd never heard of. It was like the store had gone crazy.

Marge: Record stores have always seemed crazy to me. Music is none of my business.

jhildebrand
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Radiohead without question!