PDA

View Full Version : Is Champ Done?

Shazam!
10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Seriously. It seems he's spent almost as much time hurt as he has on the Field.

I dont doubt he still has 'it', but it seems he's always ravaged with injury going back to 2007.

He's the best tackler on the team, but when your CB is your best tackler that is largely because of an inept front seven.

Arguably the most talented player on defense when he's sitting out, it's a different team.

what say you?

shank
10-03-2011, 08:13 AM
no.

Dirk
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM

I dont doubt he still has 'it', but it seems he's always ravaged with injury going back to 2007.

He's the best tackler on the team, but when your CB is your best tackler that is largely because of an inept front seven.

Arguably the most talented player on defense when he's sitting out, it's a different team.

what say you?

As you get older you don't mend as quickly. Hopefully they told him to sit one more week just to make sure he will be good for the rest of the season. There was no reason to rush him onto the field against GB.

BeefStew25
10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
34 year old fighter jet.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
he's not done, but he's not good for this team anymore

that is NO KNOCK on Champ

Champ can be a good CB still, but he needs to be on a quality Defense where he is not forced to be the leading tackler

he needs to be allowed to just play CB like many others in the league and stay away from many of those hits that he just shouldn't be putting his body through at his age

TXBRONC
10-03-2011, 09:03 AM
No he' not done and I don't see the logic in how a good player is no longer good for the team.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
No he' not done and I don't see the logic in how a good player is no longe good for team.

he's an old CB that is asked to do too much on a defense that should be tackling running backs with the front 7, and that is wearing out his body faster then he can heal it

camdisco24
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Champ will be good for this team until the day he retires. I think he's smart enough to call it quits when the time is right. He has way too much left in the tank to make a claim at him being done.

BroncoNut
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
If he can't stay healthy, get the POS on the next flight out of Denver

jlarsiii
10-03-2011, 09:34 AM
If he can't stay healthy, get the POS on the next flight out of Denver

For some reason this made me laugh pretty hard.

Seriously though I am getting a little wary of all the hamstring issues he has had the last few seasons. It would be nice to have him out on the field for a change. If he can't stay healthy much then he really isn't helping the team out for the money he makes...

nevcraw
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
No worries we will get champ back just in time for the stretch run..

BeefStew25
10-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I like his beard.

BroncoNut
10-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I like his beard.

he looks like one of the 3 wisemen to me from a nativity set my family had a when i was a young feller. first black person I ever saw. Dang was I ever to find out that that was one shitty representation.

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Champ is my favorite Bronco currently on the roster and one of our all-time greats... He has earned the right to retire a Bronco through he self-less play and attitude. I don't care if he spends 10 weeks nursing him hamstring, he's our best overall player and he needs to retire a Bronco.

We need to build a team that can give him one last shot at a playoff run.

BeefStew25
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
he looks like one of the 3 wisemen to me from a nativity set my family had a when i was a young feller. first black person I ever saw. Dang was I ever to find out that that was one shitty representation.

I once went to church with a black dude I played ball with. His church had a black Jesus. At first I was shocked, but once we all started speaking in tongues, it made sense.

BroncoNut
10-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I once went to church with a black dude I played ball with. His church had a black Jesus. At first I was shocked, but once we all started speaking in tongues, it made sense.

i will be gravely disappointed if i find out in the afterlife that the savior was indeed black.

is that pretty wild speaking in tongues?

BeefStew25
10-03-2011, 10:03 AM
i will be gravely disappointed if i find out in the afterlife that the savior was indeed black.

is that pretty wild speaking in tongues?

I don't know. It was weird. I faked it so they didn't find out I was a spy from the Vatican.

The next week I went to a Penecostal service in a double wide.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Champ is my favorite Bronco currently on the roster and one of our all-time greats... He has earned the right to retire a Bronco through he self-less play and attitude. I don't care if he spends 10 weeks nursing him hamstring, he's our best overall player and he needs to retire a Bronco.

We need to build a team that can give him one last shot at a playoff run.

that is the exact attitude that costs teams when they are trying to rebuild

just remember every time Vaughn gets burned that Champ is sitting on the sidelines collecting a BIG paycheck and preventing us from signing someone younger and more athletic that can cover and stay healthy

BeefStew25
10-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Yes, Vaughn getting burned would be better if we knew he was our only option.

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
that is the exact attitude that costs teams when they are trying to rebuild

just remember every time Vaughn gets burned that Champ is sitting on the sidelines collecting a BIG paycheck and preventing us from signing someone younger and more athletic that can cover and stay healthy

Champ has earned it. Let him get healthy, he's still one of the best in the game. He's been incredibly durable considering what we've asked him to do all these years.

Not many CBs have ever been asked to run so much man-defense with such a limited pass rush and poor tackling front 7 in their lives. Champ has earned his due. He deserves his time to recover. It isn't Champ's fault that Cassius sucks balls.

rationalfan
10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
classic overreaction thread.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 03:53 PM

not really

The Broncos have a good bit of $$$ tied up in Champ and if his health proves to be a question mark for several weeks on end, and at his age it may be time to cute bait

Now I am not saying he doesn't deserve his pay day, he has been a top CB in the league for years, but if you are rebuilding after a horrible series of events over the years, then holding on to great past players is not a good idea

Shazam!
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM

I dont doubt he still has 'it'...

"He's the best tackler on the team...

Arguably the most talented player on defense when he's sitting out, it's a different team...

Hardly an overreaction when said player is heaped with praise.

Clipworthy
10-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Champ is still the Champ. Anyone that thinks otherwise is basing it on nothing.

Locnar
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I sure hope the best tackler on the team isn't "done". I've seen too many receivers shed our db's after the catch, I'm getting sick of this shit..

SmilinAssasSin27
10-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes.

We need to trade him to a contender for a 2nd round pick once he is healthy.

Love him, but he will be done by the time he could help us again...

MOtorboat
10-03-2011, 06:37 PM
He's missed 12 games in 13 years.

Man is he so not durable. :rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
10-03-2011, 06:42 PM
He's missed 12 games in 13 years.

Man is he so not durable. :rolleyes:

those last 10 don't matter anymore.

I think its wrong to say that champ isn't good for this team. I think he means this team isn't any good for Champ. Maybe so, but until we can put someone better on the field, he's good for this team.

MOtorboat
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
those last 10 don't matter anymore.

I think its wrong to say that champ isn't good for this team. I think he means this team isn't any good for Champ. Maybe so, but until we can put someone better on the field, he's good for this team.

My point is there's no reason to say he's done (we clearly both agree) and that there's no real history of long-term injury, so unless he sits out the next 12 games, I don't think there's much need to worry.

Slick
10-03-2011, 06:59 PM
You guys are losing your minds.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
10-03-2011, 10:23 PM
You guys are losing your minds.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I know exactly where I left my mind. :alberteinstein: