PDA

View Full Version : Broncos plan to use “Tebow Package” against Packers

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
GREEN BAY — The Broncos are planning on running a few plays involving Tim Tebow today. The question is whether Tebow will be at quarterback or running back. Kyle Orton figures to stay on the field when Tebow comes in. Most of the “Tebow Package” plays last year were Wild Horse plays.

Broncos coach John Fox talked Monday about how his inconsistent offense needs to find a way to use Tebow’s skills. Fox sounded as if he regretted not calling on Tebow at least once when the Broncos failed on four downs and goal-to-go to score last Sunday in a 17-14 loss to Tennessee.

Provided the coaching staff trusts Tebow with the pass option, he can be difficult to stop in short-yardage and goal-line situations.

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/02/unleash-the-tebow/9866/

Dzone
10-02-2011, 01:06 PM
This would have won the game last week. This is good news.

claymore
10-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I hope its not the wild horse. that package only fools our team.

I hope we see Tebow at FB or TE. Id like to see what we have in him.

Northman
10-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Definitely wont be FB, he isnt big enough.

claymore
10-02-2011, 01:23 PM

hes a little tall, but he's all muscle. He could gain 10 pounds and be g2g.

Bosco
10-02-2011, 01:26 PM

6'3 245 is plenty big enough.

Tned
10-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Just more Claymore Tebow bashing.

I do think it's silly to put Tebow in and leave Orton in at QB. Stupid. It's not like when you use a true RB in a Wild Hawg/Wildcat offense. In that case, by leaving the QB in, the defense doesn't have the opportunity to substitute players for the Wild ____ offense. When you put Tebow and Orton in, then the defense immediately knows what's going on and if they put Orton out wide like they did last year, it basically becomes a 10 on 11 matchup favoring the defense.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Agreed 100%, Tned.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Davii
10-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I hope they leave the "Orton package" on the bench.

getlynched47
10-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Let the phase-out of Kyle Orton begin :D

claymore
10-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Just more Claymore Tebow bashing.

I do think it's silly to put Tebow in and leave Orton in at QB. Stupid. It's not like when you use a true RB in a Wild Hawg/Wildcat offense. In that case, by leaving the QB in, the defense doesn't have the opportunity to substitute players for the Wild ____ offense. When you put Tebow and Orton in, then the defense immediately knows what's going on and if they put Orton out wide like they did last year, it basically becomes a 10 on 11 matchup favoring the defense.

Just trying to get excited about Tebow like everyone else. :rolleyes:

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Only took this coaching staff almost a year and a half to see that Tebow might be useful in goal line situations.....

This coaching staff made me a believer through the offseason, TC, and preseason, but I have been less than impressed with them since the regular season started, and that's being generous.

Tned
10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I hope they leave the "Orton package" on the bench.

I'm not secure enough in my manhood to have "package" conversations with other men...

Tned
10-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Just trying to get excited about Tebow like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Yea, right. :tsk:

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't like the idea of the Tebow Package. Either play him at quarterback and bench Orton, or don't. I think all this gimmicking stuff has just hinderd his development.

Besides, I don't think he shows anyone his package.

BroncoWave
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't like the idea of the Tebow Package. Either play him at quarterback and bench Orton, or don't. I think all this gimmicking stuff has just hinderd his development.

Yeah, all those TDs he scored in the redzone last season were really terrible for us. :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, all those TDs he scored in the redzone last season were really terrible for us. :rolleyes:

Um, you completely missed the point.

Davii
10-02-2011, 02:12 PM

I don't think the Tebow "gimmicks" have hindered his development MO. It has been said that a qb will learn best in a game situation, so why not some of the most pressure game situations that one can find?

The "Tebow Package" has come in for goal line and third and short situations, arguably two of the biggest pressure moments for a qb.

He did damned good in these situations last season, and helped the team out quite a bit in doing so.

If Tebow can get some experience, maybe grow a little bit from it, and help the team I see it as a win for everyone.

Well, not Orton, but everyone else. Hell, even Orton, if we win he gets the benefit of having another win on his pathetic resume.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't think the Tebow "gimmicks" have hindered his development MO. It has been said that a qb will learn best in a game situation, so why not some of the most pressure game situations that one can find?

The "Tebow Package" has come in for goal line and third and short situations, arguably two of the biggest pressure moments for a qb.

He did damned good in these situations last season, and helped the team out quite a bit in doing so.

If Tebow can get some experience, maybe grow a little bit from it, and help the team I see it as a win for everyone.

Well, not Orton, but everyone else. Hell, even Orton, if we win he gets the benefit of having another win on his pathetic resume.

But, the Wild Horse running it in on the one yardline isn't what he struggles with, obviously. Plus, he already has the "intangibles."

He struggles with the stuff in the middle of the field: reading defenses, calling audibles, standing in the pocket and going from read to read...

How does inserting a Wild Horse package for him at the goalline help him develop what he struggles with?

BroncoWave
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM
But, the Wild Horse running it in on the one yardline isn't what he struggles with, obviously. Plus, he already has the "intangibles."

He struggles with the stuff in the middle of the field: reading defenses, calling audibles, standing in the pocket and going from read to read...

How does inserting a Wild Horse package for him at the goalline help him develop what he struggles with?

How does it hurt him? It's better than him not seeing the field at all.

Tned
10-02-2011, 02:27 PM

How does it hinder it?

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 02:32 PM
How does it hinder it?

Because during the week, instead of taking first team reps and getting better at the things he needs to get better at, he's only playing and practicing Wild Horse packages.

And what does this give the Broncos? A few extra red zone TDs over the course of the season?

Davii

Well, it all depends on how they implement it. If it's only wild horse at the goal line, I would agree it's probably not helping much, but I don't think it's hurting either.

Maybe the Tebow package gets some changes and it's not a "wild horse" type of thing. Maybe it's a spread offense, shotgun set, etc without Orton.

There are plenty of times they could insert it and help his development. I don't know, I would like to see Tim get on the field. While he might not be "ready" to be the starter he still has a lot to offer and can help us win ball games.

BroncoWave
Because during the week, instead of taking first team reps and getting better at the things he needs to get better at, he's only playing and practicing Wild Horse packages.

And what does this give the Broncos? A few extra red zone TDs over the course of the season?

Oh so you watch practice and confirm that Wild Horse is ALL he does?

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Jimminy...I can't win for losing...I get jumped on when I say I don't think he's good, and here I am advocating for him to play full time, if he's going to play, and I'm getting jumped on.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM

I am 100 percent positive he's not getting first team reps.

How can I possibly know this, you ask? Because Kyle Orton is still starting.

Davii

Chill BTB, he said no such thing.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on everybody? Losing sure has a way of making the forums less enjoyable.

Northman
Jimminy...I can't win for losing...I get jumped on when I say I don't think he's good, and here I am advocating for him to play full time, if he's going to play, and I'm getting jumped on.

Dont worry mate, i know what you were getting at. :lol:

Tned
10-02-2011, 02:46 PM

It's been reported that like last year, Orton is getting ALL first team snaps, so if he gets any RZ snaps, those are snaps he wouldn't have gotten otherwise, it can only be a positive. Some RZ/Wild Horse first team snaps are better than NO first team snaps.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2011, 02:46 PM
chill btb, he said no such thing.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on everybody? losing sure has a way of making the forums less enjoyable.

amen - amen - amen

I Eat Staples
10-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Either use Tebow as a FB or TE, or let him play QB. These "special packages" don't work in the NFL.

Lancane
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Not impressed and don't give a damn at this point...it's a dollar late and a dollar short sort-to-speak. Would have been a good idea against the weaker teams on our schedule; Cincinnati, Oakland and Tennessee, but during the hard part of our schedule? It won't make a bit of difference except for a cheap score here and there, because Orton sucks so bad and Tebow can't run every red zone package because defenses will learn how to contain a trick pony show and that's exactly what the Tebow packages are!

Scrap the sideshow crap, work Tebow into the first team reps and start him after the bye week against Miami...that's my opinion at least.

hotcarl
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
hahahahahahahaaaa

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
So, one play in the first half. Run right into the offensive line getting no push.

Can someone explain to me how that was beneficial to Tebow or the Broncos?

Slick
10-02-2011, 05:07 PM
it wasn't mo.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SR
10-02-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm really glad he's only been in for one play.

Tned
10-02-2011, 06:40 PM
And when asked by a reporter why he didn't use Tebow more, Fox said that "we did it once and lost yardage." :laugh:

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Fox is a jackass.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
And when asked by a reporter why he didn't use Tebow more, Fox said that "we did it once and lost yardage." :laugh:

He didn't really say that, did he?

Tned
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM

RT @MaxBroncos: Fox, on the scant use of the Tebow formations: "We did it once and lost yardage." Said it wasn't all on Tebow, though.

Clipworthy
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM

He did.

Clipworthy
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
It's sad to think Fox used Tebow that one time to just "get it out of the way".

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
RT @MaxBroncos: Fox, on the scant use of the Tebow formations: "We did it once and lost yardage." Said it wasn't all on Tebow, though.

He did.

Oh my.

Lancane
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh my.

He also said that we aspire to be where Green Bay is right now! And I want to scream see the difference between Rodgers and Orton, that's where you start!

:laugh:

BroncoBJ
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
:lol: at what Fox said. :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
10-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Fox is an idiot.

You had some Tebow "packages" did you.

Why not use him on the 2 pt conversion? Game was decided, Moreno was going to fail. Why not see what it could do on the goal line.

3 years, tops, for Fox.

camdisco24
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
John Fox's attitude is really starting to irk me....

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
John Fox's attitude is really starting to irk me....

That's interesting. I kind of find it hilarious...

"We gave you Tebow, he didn't do any better than anyone else, so we benched him again," (that's paraphrased)

I think it's ******* hilarious actually.

camdisco24
10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
That's interesting. I kind of find it hilarious...

"We gave you Tebow, he didn't do any better than anyone else, so we benched him again," (that's paraphrased)

I think it's ******* hilarious actually.

It's hilarious when he backs it up with something/anything... like, idk, winning??

It's hilarious that he thinks Orton gives us the best chance to win.

It's hilarious that I've heard John Fox give press conferences like this for years (NC resident) and seen fantastic results to back up these snide comments.

I'm cracking up over here too.

getlynched47
10-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I just noticed the sexual undertone with the phrase "Tebow Package". The quotations really bring it out.

MileHiWildcat
10-02-2011, 08:56 PM
John Fox is a tool.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 08:24 AM

really, really coach, not all on Tebow, no your kidding

wait let me get this straight

this week we put a T2 package into the offense, "package"

meaning there should be several plays to choose from

then you as the HC finally decide you are going to "play to the fans desires to see T2 on the field" and you put him in the game

then your OC calls a QB draw, straight up the middle?

like no one on the defense was thinking, man this is probably a run

they should have gotten orton off the field, had a rollout to the left side of the field and had some TE and WR drag routes with the option for a scramble if it was open

then you actually comment on the fact that the play lost a yard, come on coach, you are a better person then that. Just say the play didn't work and we didn't get a chance with the pace of the game to get back to that package.

oh by the way, when you keep throwing Orton back out there, down by 53 pts, you really start looking like a jack ass, even other HC around the league would pull their starter if for no other reason, than just to prevent the starter from getting crushed, as every play is going to be a pass when you are down that much.

vandammage13
10-03-2011, 08:35 AM
really, really coach, not all on Tebow, no your kidding

wait let me get this straight

this week we put a T2 package into the offense, "package"

meaning there should be several plays to choose from

then you as the HC finally decide you are going to "play to the fans desires to see T2 on the field" and you put him in the game

then your OC calls a QB draw, straight up the middle?

like no one on the defense was thinking, man this is probably a run

they should have gotten orton off the field, had a rollout to the left side of the field and had some TE and WR drag routes with the option for a scramble if it was open

then you actually comment on the fact that the play lost a yard, come on coach, you are a better person then that. Just say the play didn't work and we didn't get a chance with the pace of the game to get back to that package.

oh by the way, when you keep throwing Orton back out there, down by 53 pts, you really start looking like a jack ass, even other HC around the league would pull their starter if for no other reason, than just to prevent the starter from getting crushed, as every play is going to be a pass when you are down that much.

Maybe he wanted Orton to get crushed so he wouldn't have to make the decision to bench him...

Juriga72
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Maybe he wanted Orton to get crushed so he wouldn't have to make the decision to bench him...

I noticed how Kyle "Led" the team walking slowly....head down.... right to the bench....

lgenf
10-03-2011, 12:40 PM
well lets all think of this as 1 week closer to anyone but Orton at QB for us

GEM
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
The Tebow package shouldn't be run up the middle. The Tebow package should be something the defense isn't expecting. Maybe our playcallers and designers are just too stupid to put together an effective package. After seeing the playcalling so far, I don't doubt it.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
The Tebow package shouldn't be run up the middle. The Tebow package should be something the defense isn't expecting. Maybe our playcallers and designers are just too stupid to put together an effective package. After seeing the playcalling so far, I don't doubt it.

I completely agree GEM

I even stated that the play should have been a rollout to the left side of the field (tebows strong side), Orton should have been off the field instead of out at WR giving us a true WR in that position, running a TE and a WR in some kind of drag pattern at 8 yds and something down the sidelines on the left side either a clear out route (fly pattern) or something like a come back route at 15 yds, and that all leaves the option for T2 to run the ball if it was open

to just put him in, snap it to him and have him dive into a heap in the middle of the line, because the defense was thinking the entire time, this is a run

if you do what the defense thinks you are going to do, you only have two options for success

1- you better have more talent on your side of the ball (not happening with GB)

2- you better out execute the other team (again not happening with GB)

so with each of those two things off the table, the COACHES WERE THE IDIOTS on that play

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
If you're not going to give Tebow the option to throw then keep the RB in the game and use him, that stupid ass QB/Wildcat draw has been figured out in the NFL. It's not going to do anyone any good.

weazel
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Tebow's package is locked away in a chastity belt

Tned
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM

10,000 Hi-Fives.

I wasn't paying enough attention to whether or not Orton stayed in the game, but I'm guessing he did. That makes it an 11 on 10 situation. Worse, he doesn't need to be a Ronnie Brown, Wildcat player, he needs to be a pass/run threat.

Running him up the middle on a QB draw into BJ raji's arms is asinine.

Then, to say that we tried it and lost a yard, is so far beyond asinine, I'm not sure what word to use.

GEM
10-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Exactly!!! Every freaking time they put the Tebow package on the field it's the same freaking play call. Surprise the defense with something they aren't expecting. To do the same thing and then get upset with the same result....clinical description of insanity.

slim
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Exactly!!! Every freaking time they put the Tebow package on the field it's the same freaking play call. Surprise the defense with something they aren't expecting. To do the same thing and then get upset with the same result....clinical description of insanity.

I bet you wish the Decker package was put in play on your field. I think you would get a BIG surprise.