PDA

View Full Version : G~Money for GM

Dreadnought
10-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Fire Xanders. Hire G~Money. To my certain knowledge he has yet to ever be wrong about a player, which is more than you can say for Xanders and Joe Ellis or Ted Sundquist. I'm sure he's blown it a time or two in evaluating talent, but I've been searching my brains for when, exactly? Who?

Its the solution to what ails us.

Northman
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
G-Money for Gm, Northman for his scouting assistant. :)

broncobryce
10-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Can I pick the cheerleaders?

Dreadnought
10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Can I pick the cheerleaders?

Yes, as long as Beefstew is one of them

Davii
10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I'll take over for Tuten. I'm absolutely positive I could get then in better shape than Tuten.

atwater27
10-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I just wanna be paid to watch some college games and report to Elway who I think is good.

Lancane
10-01-2011, 12:07 PM
I wanna be the new offensive coordinator...even I can't suck as bad as McCoy!

:beer:

Ravage!!!
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I'll be Cheer-Leader-Body-Lotion-Applicator....otherwise known as the BLBLA... you guys can just call me "Blah Blah: for short :beer:

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Im buying the team.

TXBRONC
10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
I'll take over for Tuten. I'm absolutely positive I could get then in better shape than Tuten.

I'm sure a fully armed Marine can provide incentive for guys to get into shape.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
BDB as our dline coach

claymore as our QB coach

myself as our asst secondary coach

TXBRONC
10-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Yes, as long as Beefstew is one of them

Damn talk about lowering the bar.

Lancane
10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
BDB as our dline coach

claymore as our QB coach

myself as our asst secondary coach

You know, if I'm the new offensive coordinator and Claymore is the QB Coach, that I'm going to have to stop Clay from killing both Orton and Tebow on day one!

:lol:

Tned
10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I can be in charge of Mascots. Team went downhill when Miles came on board.

Davii
10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I can be in charge of Mascots. Team went downhill when Miles came on board.

It better some big ass stallion. If our mascot is a poodle I fear we're in even worse shape.

Tned
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
It better some big ass stallion. If our mascot is a poodle I fear we're in even worse shape.

Don't be diss'n on my poodle who wears Broncos colors! :mad:

Davii
10-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Don't be diss'n on my poodle who wears Broncos colors! :mad:

I'm not dissing on him T. I'm sure he makes a wonderful pet, I just don't feel he's intimidating enough to be our mascot. I don't think you would ever hear the phrase "nothing strikes fear in the heart of men more than a poodle in a Bronco sweater" spoken in anything other than jest.

spikerman
10-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I can stand over to the side during practices in my officiating uniform so the players and fans in attendance can blame me when things don't work out like they're supposed to. I'm not sure what my official title would be, but I'm open to suggestions.

CoachChaz
10-01-2011, 01:35 PM
If I buy the team, Ravage is my head coach. I want someone with piss and vinegar and knowledge.

Davii is director of player personnel. Whip em into shape, Devil Dog and take no shit.

Mo is my team President. Thick skin and a level head.

Beef is in charge of PR. I want teams to think we're sick and twisted.

Scouts...North has the east coast, SoCal west.

G is the GM for sure

Tned
10-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm not dissing on him T. I'm sure he makes a wonderful pet, I just don't feel he's intimidating enough to be our mascot. I don't think you would ever hear the phrase "nothing strikes fear in the heart of men more than a poodle in a Bronco sweater" spoken in anything other than jest.

I, I, I.... I...... i'm going to get a drink...

Bosco
10-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I wanna be the new offensive coordinator...even I can't suck as bad as McCoy!

I've already got the OC position locked up, but you can always come be my assistant and QB coach. :D

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I think Ziggy would make a good HC.

spikerman
10-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I've already got the OC position locked up, but you can always come be my assistant and QB coach. :D

Aren't you a McDaniels backer? If you want to come in and replicate his offense, no thanks. If, however, you promise to not implement any of his philosophies I might be able to back your candidacy.

Bosco
10-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Aren't you a McDaniels backer? If you want to come in and replicate his offense, no thanks. If, however, you promise to not implement any of his philosophies I might be able to back your candidacy.

My offense would be my own. Not implementing any of his philosophies would be as literally impossible as not implementing any Air Coryell philosophies.

Slick
10-01-2011, 02:30 PM
It would be nice if someone would consider me for a beer vender position during the low season.

Bosco
10-01-2011, 02:32 PM
It would be nice if someone would consider me for a beer vender position during the low season.

You can be "Beer Vendor to the Offensive Coordinator". With Orton throwing the ball, I'll need plenty of alcohol.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Boy, slick, that's the toughest job to fill and so many good candidates here!

Slick
10-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Boy, slick, that's the toughest job to fill and so many good candidates here!

It's a big stadium Nomad. We'd need a bunch. :beer:

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:43 PM
It's a big stadium Nomad. We'd need a bunch. :beer:

Yeah, I was thinking of head of Beer operations...not individual beer vendor.

spikerman
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
My offense would be my own. Not implementing any of his philosophies would be as literally impossible as not implementing any Air Coryell philosophies.

Ok, you can leave the FG in as an option, but unlike him, it can't be your first, and possibly only, option. :D

Slick
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of head of Beer operations...not individual beer vendor.

Dogfish would have us selling IPA's instead of Coors or Bud.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:49 PM

I believe Dog would be an individual vendor and NTL would be head of operations. I couldn't be a vendor.....not disciplined enough:drinking::D

Bosco
10-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Let the record show that if the beer vendor provides the OC with Bud, Bud Light or any Coors product, that vendor shall immediately and without question be put to death.

:cool:

Lancane
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM

It's not like I couldn't work with you, especially when our philosophies are so alike. However, I would need to know your the system or variants you planned on using? What's the base offensive system you would instill? West Coast, Air Coryell, Ohio River, Erhardt-Perkins? And what separate formations would you include in your offense? Single set back, I, Split back, Single wing, Flexbone, Pistol, Shotgun, Five wide?

If it was me, the base offense would be akin more to the original Ohio River then the West Coast, utilizing the Flexbone, Veer, I, Pistol, Shotgun, Pro Set, Single Wing and Wing T formations.

And if I did become your assistant offensive coach/quarterback coach, do I have only Tebow to work with? We drafting a quarterback? Are we adding veterans? I don't mind working with Tebow...but he'll not get a vacation...his ass will have to go through an extreme training regiment before camp and OTA's.

And if Orton is re-signed I'd have to ask you to commit seppuku in front of the entire offense!

:laugh:

Bosco
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
It's not like I couldn't work with you, especially when our philosophies are so alike. However, I would need to know your the system or variants you planned on using? What's the base offensive system you would instill? West Coast, Air Coryell, Ohio River, Erhardt-Perkins? And what separate formations would you include in your offense? Single set back, I, Split back, Single wing, Flexbone, Pistol, Shotgun, Five wide?

If it was me, the base offense would be akin more to the original Ohio River then the West Coast, utilizing the Flexbone, Veer, I, Pistol, Shotgun, Pro Set, Single Wing and Wing T formations.

And if I did become your assistant offensive coach/quarterback coach, do I have only Tebow to work with? We drafting a quarterback? Are we adding veterans? I don't mind working with Tebow...but he'll not get a vacation...his ass will have to go through an extreme training regiment before camp and OTA's.

And if Orton is re-signed I'd have to ask you to commit seppuku in front of the entire offense!

:laugh:

There is a reason I picked you. :D

As far as system, we're going to build our own while taking influences from just about every offense known to man. Our playbook will make War and Peace look like Dr. Seuss. Different approaches will be utilized depending on opponent and the talent we have to work with. For instance, we will run out of two back, two tight end and jumbo sets against teams with poor run defenses, and then the next week we might come out in a spread set against a team with poor pass defense. Ultimately we'll probably base our offense off singlebacks sets employing 3 WR/1 TE or 2 WR/2 TE packages. Most two back sets will use larger halfbacks or tight ends/H-backs rather than a true fullback. Nomenclature will be the standard Erhardt-Perkins, because we both know it and it's simple to learn. When Tebow is ready we could definitely throw in some Veer, Flexbone and Wing T wrinkles.

You get control over all the QB's but obviously Tebow is your emphasis as he is our future. And yes, please work him into the ground with fundamentals and reads. If he is not throwing form perfect passes and reciting progression reads in his sleep, you have failed as a coach and a person. :lol:

Adding additional quarterbacks through draft or free agency is certainly possible and will be evaluated. If we see someone that we think we can mold into a future starter or even a short term/long term backup, we will pull the trigger if the price is right.

And have no worries, we'll have you suited up before we bring back Orton next year.

gnomeflinger
10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Put me in the accounting office. I like numbers.

BroncoNut
10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I just wanna be paid to watch some college games and report to Elway who I think is good.

report? hahaha. way to keep it out of the lounge

BroncoNut
10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Put me in the accounting office. I like numbers.

haha. Nice. You too.

gnomeflinger
10-01-2011, 06:40 PM
haha. Nice. You too.

No one said anything about dress code. ;)

dogfish
10-01-2011, 08:41 PM

gat damn right!

since it's clear no one else wants to tackle the job, make me the DC. . . we're going back to the 30 front-- i'm confident G will actually get the linemen we need. . . how does a legitimately aggressive one-gap 34 with dumervil and von miller coming off the edges sound?

Bosco
10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
gat damn right!

since it's clear no one else wants to tackle the job, make me the DC. . . we're going back to the 30 front-- i'm confident G will actually get the linemen we need. . . how does a legitimately aggressive one-gap 34 with dumervil and von miller coming off the edges sound?

I'd be somewhat worried about putting Von in as a LB in a 30 front, but if you one gapped it you might be able to pull it off. Would you use the Phillips 3-4 that is basically like a 5-2, or the LeBeau/Capers Zone Blitz variant?

atwater27
10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I'll make it simple. Stay in the 4-3 idea; absolutely fortify the D-line, make it the #1 priority on the team. The next couple of drafts should net us an exellent rotation of interior pass rushers and run stoppers and even a NT who can let us do some 3-4 stuff when needed. Everything alse on defense begins and ends with a superior defensive line.

SM19
10-01-2011, 10:43 PM

If this job goes to anyone but dogfish, I'll be finding myself a new team.

Bosco
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I'll make it simple. Stay in the 4-3 idea; absolutely fortify the D-line, make it the #1 priority on the team. The next couple of drafts should net us an exellent rotation of interior pass rushers and run stoppers and even a NT who can let us do some 3-4 stuff when needed. Everything alse on defense begins and ends with a superior defensive line.

I'd be in favor of keeping the 40 fronts if (and only if) we kept the Gregg Williams zone blitz variant that we currently use.

Rick
10-01-2011, 11:11 PM

http://shibasenji.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/vlcsnap-00027.jpg

http://shibasenji.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/vlcsnap-00019.jpg

http://shibasenji.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/vlcsnap-00025.jpg

You don't **** with a poodle :)

HORSEPOWER 56
10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd like to apply for the cheerleader trainer position...

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to be there to rub them down and help them stretch after a tough home game...

:naughty:

Zweems56
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I remember G Money and I spent an entire offseason obsessing over Matt Forte before he got drafted by the Bears. He ran for over 200 today.