PDA

View Full Version : Serious question: What will it take for the Broncos to win on Sunday?

Tned
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Ok, I'm sure a lot of the initial reactions will be "act of God" or "Green Bay players not showing up" and stuff like that, but serious question, what will it take for the Broncos to win on Sunday.

I think it starts with what Fox preaches, which is you have to be able to stop the run and run the ball.

Except for a handful of McFadden runs, the Broncos have actually done a fairly good job of stopping the run this year. So, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do it on Sunday. The other half of that equation has been suspect at best, and that of course is running the ball.

So, challenge number one is running the ball against Green Bay.

Now, even if the Broncos stop the run, they have this little problem of Rodgers, Jennings, Finley, Jordy Nelson and company. They really need a healthy Dumervil and for Von Doom to apply pressure to Rodgers on a regular basis. Even if they get pressure, they are going to need the secondary to come up big, which even if they have Champ back will mean that Goodman, Vaughn & the other DBs are going to have to play better than we've seen.

This is definitely a major challenge for the Broncos and will take a much better team performance than we've seen to date, or much of the last two years, but it is doable.

Northman
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
For us?

1) Force turnovers, create more for them than us.

2) Run the ball with consistency.

3) Improved redzone efficiency.

Tned
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
For us?

1) Force turnovers, create more for them than us.

2) Run the ball with consistency.

3) Improved redzone efficiency.

We haven't been creating many turnovers. I saw a state around week one, where the Broncos (historically) have something like an .870 winning percentage in games where they are +2 in turnovers.

Ravage!!!
10-01-2011, 11:06 AM
In a serious note in return.... Luck.

What I mean by that is getting the turnovers because they fumble the ball, and drop the passes into our defenders arms. We will ahve to have SOMETHING happen that will stall their drives because, generally, they are going to score.

So I think the ONLY way we pull this out is if they get sloppy, and we can capitalize on those sloppy mistakes. If we can minimize their points, then we obviously are still in the game.

I think thats the onlly way Denver pulls this one off.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
10-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Divine intervention.

But seriously, an NFL starting quality quarterback. That would help too.

Vaughn needs to be kept off the field. Worst cover CB in the NFL. On offense, a balanced game is obviously a must. Not much else; the Broncos have drained all my emotion.

Nomad
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Green Bay plays their practice squad.

I believe Green Bay makes a statement Sunday and beats the snot out of the BRONCOS.

Northman
10-01-2011, 11:22 AM

I believe Green Bay makes a statement Sunday and beats the snot out of the BRONCOS.

Unfortuantely thats my feeling as well. I think the early thoughts of our improved defense of the first 3 games gets explosed here.

UnderArmour
10-01-2011, 11:55 AM
If the Denver Broncos score more points than the Green Bay Packers on Sunday then they will win the game. (had to)

vettesplus
10-01-2011, 12:11 PM
the only way the broncos win is if GB forgets to show up....go ahead and flame me but that just the facts of this game...Green Bay 38 Broncos 17....

Lancane
10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
The answer to that question would be a miracle, and one along the lines of holy intervention!

:laugh:

BroncoAV06
10-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Bruce Willis playing QB with Chuck Norris at RB.

TXBRONC
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
On Offense:

1.) THEY CAN'T TURN THE BALL OVER.

2.) Pass on early downs. Their pass defense been horrable the first few weeks of the season. Even though they have been vunerable to the pass they are rock solid against the run.

3.) Even though Denver needs pass the ball on early downs they also need to be abe run effectively so that the game can be shortened and to limit Rodger's opporunities.

On Defense:

1.) Stop the run.

2.) Don't give up the big play. The Packers have one of the best receiving corps in the game right now

3.) They have to create turnovers and get sackes.

TXBRONC
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
the only way the broncos win is if GB forgets to show up....go ahead and flame me but that just the facts of this game...Green Bay 38 Broncos 17....

I wont flame you however the o.p. asked for serious answers.

Lancane
10-01-2011, 12:19 PM

Might as well add Jet Li at cornerback, Ving Rhames & Michael Clark Duncan at defensive tackle, and Dwayne Johnson at linebacker!

:lol:

Lancane
10-01-2011, 12:21 PM
On Offense:

1.) THEY CAN'T TURN THE BALL OVER.

2.) Pass on early downs. Their pass defense been horrable the first few weeks of the season. Even though they have been vunerable to the pass they are rock solid against the run.

3.) Even though Denver needs pass the ball on early downs they also need to be abe run effectively so that the game can be shortened and to limit Rodger's opporunities.

On Defense:

1.) Stop the run.

2.) Don't give up the big play. The Packers have one of the best receiving corps in the game right now

3.) They have create turnovers and get sackes.

Like I said...a miracle! That was a serious answer!;)

Tned
10-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Jimmy Diggs or Deeks or whatever his name was.

NightTerror218
10-01-2011, 12:57 PM

I think they will take it easy and not play a lot of people. THey have a huge injury list and lost of key players on the probable or questionable list.

chazoe60
10-01-2011, 01:04 PM
The only way we win this game is if we have a large TOP advantage. We have to keep the ball out of Rodger's hands for long periods of time.

TXBRONC
10-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I think they will take it easy and not play a lot of people. THey have a huge injury list and lost of key players on the probable or questionable list.

They had a lot of injuries last year as well and they still beat the snot out their opponents.

NightTerror218
10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
They had a lot of injuries last year as well and they still beat the snot out their opponents.

True, but i think they will hold a lot out to heal and still be a hard game for us. THey might keep Finley, Mathews and Jennings out to heal.

Clipworthy
10-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Can't wait to watch Orton dismantle the Packers, one 3-and-out at a time.

spikerman
10-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I won't get to watch the game live since I'll be at the Texans vs Steelers game so that may help to begin with, but seriously I think Denver is going to need:

1. Multiple turnovers
2. Some kind of big special teams play
3. Heavy pressure on Rodgers
4. For Orton to go against his norm and score TDs instead of FGs.

I don't like Denver's chances, but a game like this can turn a season around.

smith49
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Yah I think spikerman said it all. 100% agreed.

BroncoNut
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I think for this to happen, alot of men will have to die

Lancane
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I think for this to happen, alot of men will have to die

That's not nice Nut, we can't hope that most of our coaches die because they suck chipmunk ass! Nor for that matter Orton...though he might be the first dead quarterback to get a parade and for all the wrong reasons!

:lol:

BroncoWave
10-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Aaron Rodgers getting injured.

Bosco
10-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Like I said...a miracle! That was a serious answer!;)

Can you imagine what the gameplan meetings were like this week in Dove Valley?

Fox: "So Mike, we're facing a team this week that has a rather unimpressive pass defense, but is hell to run against. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

McCoy: "Of course. There is only one logical way to attack them."

In unison: "RUN THE BALL!"

/facepalm

hamrob
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
It would help...if all these losers we are paying top dollar to....would actually get their asses on the field!!!

Chump Bailey
DJ Wussy
Elvis Pussyville
Knownothing Moreno

If Denver ever wants to turn this team around....they need to get rid of the dead weight above. Seem crazy? Tough.

These guys are losers.......bottom line. They get hurt when the wind blows at them. Bailey misses 4 games every year. Doom can't even get on the field. DJ sucks (period). Moreno (wasted draft pick)!

Get rid of them...and build your football team with some guys who actually want to play football!

BroncoJoe
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Put Rogers on his back early and often.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Put Rogers on his back early and often.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ummm. the "what will have to happen for BroncoJoes wildest dreams to come true" thread is =====>

red98
10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Denver sucks at running the ball and GB is #1 is rush defense.

Two things have to happen for Denver to win:

1)Pressure Rodgers. Denver's front 7 needs to spend a lot of time in GB's backfield.

And

2)A great game passing the ball from Orton. Denver has good receivers, even slowshon can catch the ball, they just need someone to get it to them.

I could see number 1 happening but number 2 would take a miracle.

JPPT1974
10-01-2011, 07:52 PM
The answer to that question would be a miracle, and one along the lines of holy intervention!

:laugh:

Definately so much. As the Broncos and fans, need to hit the floor. Asking for both. It will be a tough game against a recent SB champ!

sneakers
10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
A good pass rush with sacks and turnovers. That is the only way I can see us winning.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 12:53 AM
2 words: Divine Intervention

Canmore
10-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Denver at least +2 in the turnover game.

Denver at least 55% on third down.

That is a minimum.

Juriga72
10-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Orton needs to be well.... AVERAGE. If he throws balls away because of "pressure"..he'll be chucking them everywhere today. I really think Rodgers will set a record for touchdown passes today....

MAYBE if the whole Green Bay team came down with some kind of sickness... or watching orton play they all fall asleep..... THEN we have a chance.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I do think we'll see a lot of the Packers 2nd string today.

Midway through the 3rd quarter when the score is 35-7.

Juriga72
10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I do think we'll see a lot of the Packers 2nd string today.

Midway through the 3rd quarter when the score is 35-7.

At which point Orton will lead a furious comeback to lose by 21......:mad:

igoe4broncos
10-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Our only chance is Green Bay taking us lightly and Von-Doom sacking Rodgers about 5-6 combined forcing numerous fumbles because their OL has had some protection issues in the past.

Also, Orton would have to go down with a knee injury early enough that Tebow has enough time to come in and win.

TXBRONC
10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Can you imagine what the gameplan meetings were like this week in Dove Valley?

Fox: "So Mike, we're facing a team this week that has a rather unimpressive pass defense, but is hell to run against. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

McCoy: "Of course. There is only one logical way to attack them."

In unison: "RUN THE BALL!"

/facepalm

Yeah and joshy boy would have just sat in the corner smacking his lips.

Northman
10-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Did you get your question answered Tned? lol

Tned
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Did you get your question answered Tned? lol

Nope. I still don't know what it will take for the Broncos to beat GB. ;)

TXBRONC
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
True, but i think they will hold a lot out to heal and still be a hard game for us. THey might keep Finley, Mathews and Jennings out to heal.

So much for that Phidelt. :D

Ravage!!!
10-02-2011, 11:02 PM
about 40 more points

Lancane
10-03-2011, 07:35 AM
As I stated before a miracle...

A new head coach and a better offensive coordinator would have been the correct answer to this whole thread though or simply an elite quarterback, thus the miracle gaff.