PDA

View Full Version : Please trade Tebow

Krull
09-30-2011, 08:19 PM
I have been coming to this board almost everyday for the last year and a half hoping I would see Tebow Traded post pop up. John Elway and John Fox are nuts for trying to change Tebow. I would at the very least have turned this kid loose the way he was and not given two craps about his " awkward throwing motion". Then if that didnt work worry about changing these things. If they too ignorant to see his natural ability to lead and win games then please give him a shot at another team. ----flame away.

LawDog
09-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Every day for 18 months and only 14 posts?

The trade value for Tebow is low at the moment because no one really knows what he is worth or what his actual capabilities are. He will get his chanc with the Broncos at some point and then he either fits or does not, if he fits he stays, if not he either gets waived or traded.

Just be patient, and it's okay to post more than once a month or so...

Krull
09-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not really a pro football fan. Never really watched it that much until Tebow was taken by the Broncos. I'm not going to come here and talk like I have been a life long broncos fan. I see some Gator fans are doing that and jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not that guy. I read a lot of posts and enjoy most if them. But I'm not going to pose and jump into conversations that really don't concern me. Hence the low post count.

chazoe60
09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
I think we'll keep him, thanks.

LawDog
09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm not really a pro football fan. Never really watched it that much until Tebow was taken by the Broncos. I'm not going to come here and talk like I have been a life long broncos fan. I see some Gator fans are doing that and jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not that guy. I read a lot of posts and enjoy most if them. But I'm not going to pose and jump into conversations that really don't concern me. Hence the low post count.

That's cool. There are a couple of subforums as well that have nothing to do with pro football, but maybe they aren't your cup of tea either. Besides, you do have that neat K9 to play with...

Buff
09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Give the guy a break - at least he makes no bones about being a Tebow fan and not a Broncos fan. Nothing wrong with that. I respect that a lot more than all of the band wagon posers who claim to be fans but are only here as long as #15 is here.

Guy just wants to see Tebow play. Give it a couple more weeks Krull... Fox's hand is going to be forced by Orton.

He's not gonna be traded this year.

G_Money
09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
After the bye week (or so) the rest of this year should be Tebow auditioning...

Both for us and for other teams. If we're not gonna use him, hopefully he ups his trade value somehow.

~G

BroncoWave
09-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Ok, well since you said please...

Nomad
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
I like watching the K9's work at events with the trainers. All I know is I don't want to be the recipient of their can of whoopass, so I remain a model citizen.:D

sneakers
09-30-2011, 09:15 PM
If it wasn't for Tebow we would just be bitching about something else instead.

WARHORSE
09-30-2011, 09:40 PM
If we didnt have Tebow around, who would cover the Broncos?

Rocky Mountain News?

:coffee:

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 09:57 PM
I have been coming to this board almost everyday for the last year and a half hoping I would see Tebow Traded post pop up. John Elway and John Fox are nuts for trying to change Tebow. I would at the very least have turned this kid loose the way he was and not given two craps about his " awkward throwing motion". Then if that didnt work worry about changing these things. If they too ignorant to see his natural ability to lead and win games then please give him a shot at another team. ----flame away.

You could just Google "Tim Tebow" everyday and see if a trade has taken place... That would save you an emotionally disturbed visit to this message board...

BeefStew25
09-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Nut is using that sig as a spank bank.

I Eat Staples
09-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, I agree with the part about trading him.

Joel
09-30-2011, 11:13 PM
I respect that, thanks. For what it's worth, I think if Tebow ends up as anything but a TE or FB it's probably going to take a couple years of hardcore pro style practice; snaps under center, standing in the pocket, timing routes, reading defences, learning playbooks and, reportedly, work on accuracy, but that's just my opinion and I could easily be wrong. I do think Orton should be pulled and, while I would prefer to start Quinn instead, I wouldn't object to starting Tebow, and he could prove me wrong, which would please me greatly. Unless we DO start Quinn and he DOES play well, I'm fairly sure we'll see plenty of Tebow by the end of the season, probably within a few weeks unless they decide to try Quinn instead.

For good or ill though I think the FO is committed to finding away to get first round play out of their first round pick, any way they can. As others have noted, Tebows trade value began dropping like a stone the moment we picked him, and the longer he sits on the bench the more he becomes an unknown quantity in the pros. After trading away the guy on the cover of Madden (plus a pick this year and next) for Quinn, the FO may be a little gun shy about trades at this point anyway.

All of which is to say: Welcome, thanks for your candor, and if Tebow's the real deal I'm confident you'll get to see him prove it as a Bronco soon. Hopefully you'll get to see other things about the team to like. I respect and appreciate not trying to fake it, but if you FEEL it you don't have to worry about jumping on the bandwagon when the team's won 5 of its last 19 games. :tongue:

Clipworthy
10-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Let's trade Von Miller too, we've seen enough in 3 games to judge him as well.

Krull
10-01-2011, 06:48 AM
You could just Google "Tim Tebow" everyday and see if a trade has taken place... That would save you an emotionally disturbed visit to this message board...

Naaaa, there is more accurate info here than "out there". I am already disturbed, nothing is going to help that.

fvkw
10-01-2011, 09:28 AM
WHY IN THE WORLD ,would we trade Tebow ? That would make less sense than trading Cutler, or firing Shanny!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

hamrob
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm a life long Broncos fan...and I feel the same way. If Fox and Elway are too stupid to give the kid a shot. Then, get rid of him.

I absolutely can't stand Orton.....but, having Tebow behind him with all the hoopla hasn't exactly helped his play either.

Why on earth would you keep the kid on the bench...when you have absolutely no chance with Kyle Orton.

Trade him or Play him!

I Eat Staples
10-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Let's trade Von Miller too, we've seen enough in 3 games to judge him as well.

But Von Miller looks GOOD in 3 games. Bad analogy.

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 08:03 AM
But Von Miller looks GOOD in 3 games. Bad analogy.

So did Tim. But you being a Satan worshiper would never admit that. :hail:

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Sweet. Now, not only are we all ********, we're Satan worshippers, too.

Dzone
10-02-2011, 08:14 AM
so if Orton looks putrid at green bay, do they put in Quinn or Tebow? Does anyone know for sure?

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 08:23 AM
so if Orton looks putrid at green bay, do they put in Quinn or Tebow? Does anyone know for sure?

I don't think the replacement will come mid-game, and I don't think Fox is going to replace Orton for not having a good game against the best team in the league. After the bye week would be my guess, and it's going to be whoever Fox and McCoy think is better :gasp: in practice up until that point.

Can you imagine the meltdown if that is Quinn?

Northman
10-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Good post, i hate posers too.

Either way, as much as i would like to see Tebow play over Orton i dont believe he can just get away with playing with just his athletic ability. He does have some things he needs to work on, especially in his passing game. But, im at the point as well that the circus surrounding him is ridiculous and think its almost better to trade him away. Unfortuantely for Mr. Tebow coming to Denver was the worst possible senario for him coming out of college.

Northman
10-02-2011, 09:37 AM

I thought i was the satan worshipper? :lol:

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Wasn't going to start a new thread, but here's a bit of what Reeves thinks of Tebow:

"I remember thinking with John and Michael when they would take off — 'No, no, no,' then, 'Yes, yes, yes.' You couldn't coach it.

"Ask (former NFL coach) Marty Schottenheimer. He never figured out how to defense John. When Michael came along, it was the first time I saw defenses have a 'spy.' They couldn't put eight men in the box to stop the run because somebody had to be responsible for Michael.

"We looked at films of what Vick did in college and copied the plays. We studied how the Steelers used Kordell Stewart​. We took stuff from other teams."

Cowboys coach Tom Landry "saw winning qualities in Roger. In the tug of war, Roger won 32 out of 34 matches. He just worked harder than everyone else and was a leader.

"When I watched that ESPN show last year about Tebow's workouts, it was like seeing Roger. Tebow's throwing technique is criticized. Roger carried the ball low too, because he was a scrambler and had to wind up to throw. He was a great passer. I've seen Tebow make the passes.

"The most important plays for quarterbacks are third downs and close to the goal. The coverage has to protect itself against quarterbacks who can run. They know (Kyle) Orton is going to stand in the pocket. Nobody knew what John was going to do.

"I'm not out there (at Broncos practices). I'm talking from a distance, but I know from experience that a guy like Tebow definitely makes a difference."

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19022279

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Sweet. Now, not only are we all ********, we're Satan worshippers, too.

"We"? you got a mouse in your pocket? Its a short list but dont worry Mo, you are definitely on it.

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought i was the satan worshipper? :lol:

nah your just an admirer :D

jlarsiii
10-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Takes one to know one.

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Takes one to know one.

Takes one to know one that knows one! :elefant:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't think the replacement will come mid-game, and I don't think Fox is going to replace Orton for not having a good game against the best team in the league. After the bye week would be my guess, and it's going to be whoever Fox and McCoy think is better :gasp: in practice up until that point.

Can you imagine the meltdown if that is Quinn?

The only people melting down would be the folks that still think Orton gives the "best chance to win" and hoptard (who hates Quinn more than the Raiders, I think).

The rest of us just want to see a QB that plays to win. If Quinn can provide that, I'm fine with him starting. I don't like the idea of giving up a 3rd to the Browns if he reaches one of his trade escalators, but what you continue to overlook in your anti-Tebow arguments, is that the majority of BRONCOS FANS (NOT TEBOW FANS) just want someone other than Orton. I'd love to see what Quinn brings to the table at this point.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
The only people melting down would be the folks that still think Orton gives the "best chance to win" and hoptard (who hates Quinn more than the Raiders, I think).

The rest of us just want to see a QB that plays to win. If Quinn can provide that, I'm fine with him starting. I don't like the idea of giving up a 3rd to the Browns if he reaches one of his trade escalators, but what you continue to overlook in your anti-Tebow arguments, is that the majority of BRONCOS FANS (NOT TEBOW FANS) just want someone other than Orton. I'd love to see what Quinn brings to the table at this point.

Whatever. I've never been and never will be "anti-Tebow" as long as he's a Bronco. I just don't have a lot of optimism about him as a starting quarterback in the NFL. Orton does give this team the best chance to win, but I won't be upset if he's replaced, either, because none of these three quarterbacks are going to win a lot of games with this team this year.

I don't like being called an ******* and a Satan worshipper because of that.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 12:17 PM

Fox recently said "Orton still gives us the best chance."

Guess he's tired of saying "to win".

claymore
10-02-2011, 12:28 PM
People need to realize that the coaching staff probably hates Orton too. To me that says a ton of the other 2 jabrones.

No coach in the NFL would want Orton as their starter if there was a better alternative.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 12:44 PM
People need to realize that the coaching staff probably hates Orton too. To me that says a ton of the other 2 jabrones.

No coach in the NFL would want Orton as their starter if there was a better alternative.

We're gonna see Tebow today clay

claymore
10-02-2011, 12:47 PM
We're gonna see Tebow today clay

We seen him every week. On the bench, at WR, or underwear commercials.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 01:56 PM
We seen him every week. On the bench, at WR, or underwear commercials.

The force is strong with this one.

claymore
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
The force is strong with this one.

I hope so. I dont share your enthusiasim, so It will be like Christmas if you are right!

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Clay you might want to change your sig soon... fox is slowly growing some balls.

BroncoJoe
10-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I hope so. I dont share your enthusiasim, so It will be like Christmas if you are right!

You're certainly not your happy go lucky person lately.

PAINTERDAVE
10-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Apparantly you missed Quinn's start against Arizona..
where he reverted to his true form..
played the worst half of football in his career..
and ended the half with a ZERO QB rating.

Lancane
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Or like St. Patrick's Day after the partying, severe hangover so bad that you're vomiting and shitting on yourself! :laugh:

Lancane
10-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Clay you might want to change your sig soon... fox is slowly growing some balls.

Using Tebow in trick pony plays isn't growing balls, it's simply utilizing instead of wasting a roster spot!

;)

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:56 AM
If it wasn't for Tebow we would just be bitching about something else instead.

I'd be just fine speculating and trying to figure out which QB we'd be drafting almost for certain next year. He's the one big question mark on the team. We know where the rest of the team is.