PDA

View Full Version : Groups that have lost it

gnomeflinger
09-30-2011, 06:50 PM
What groups used to be great, but have fallen into the good, mediocre, suckage categories? If you want to expound upon why, feel free to add your thoughts.

For starters, Metallica. They rocked the metal world until their Load album came out. The only good songs to come from Load are "Until It Sleeps" and "Hero of the Day." But still, those are songs and not entire albums that rocked. The Black Album was the last great album by Metallica. Load was good, but not great.

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 07:06 PM
they don't suck by any means, but I've wondered what U2's been up to

Day1BroncoFan
09-30-2011, 08:24 PM
they don't suck by any means, but i've wondered what u2's been up to

me2

jhildebrand
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
G Love.

Loved G from way way way back in the day. Dude sold out. Ripped me off, personally too!

AlWilsonizKING
10-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Black Eyed Peas. Liked them when "Behind the Front" and "Bridging the Gap" came out, but the albums since.....eh no thank you.

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
10-06-2011, 09:35 AM
whatever happened to the Bay City Rollers?

BORDERLINE
10-29-2011, 09:55 PM
G-Unit.....50 Cent was the king a while back

Thnikkaman
10-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Black Eyed Peas. Liked them when "Behind the Front" and "Bridging the Gap" came out, but the albums since.....eh no thank you.

PEACE!!!

quoted for truth

Thnikkaman
10-29-2011, 10:28 PM
de la soul - great until they put out the AOI trilogy.

Redman and method man - two of my favorites until they teamed up together

AlWilsonizKING
10-29-2011, 11:42 PM
de la soul - great until they put out the AOI trilogy.

I think "Stakes is High" is the last album I bought from de la. '96:confused:

Redman and method man - two of my favorites until they teamed up together

I agree with that. I really stopped feeling Red's stuff after "Muddy Waters", "Whut? Thee Album" is still one of my favorites to this day!!

I liked them both when they were Ruff, Rugged and Raw!! Not to into the comedic side of thier duo.:tsk:

PEACE!!!

BeefStew25
10-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Maroon 5. Man they used to bring it.

BroncoNut
10-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Maroon 5. Man they used to bring it.

never liked them much. I don't know if I've got the words exactly right, but "this life has taken it's toll on me, she said good bye so many times before". How ghey is that?

Northman
10-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Insane Clown Posse-

Used to be so good.

BroncoNut
10-30-2011, 09:37 AM
I heard the other day that U2 will do no more CDs

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 09:38 AM
The Jackson 5

BroncoNut
10-30-2011, 09:41 AM
The Jackson 5

I like some of their stuff. but yes, they have lost it.

dogfish
11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I think "Stakes is High" is the last album I bought from de la. '96:confused:

PEACE!!!

have you listened to the grind date? i think it's one of their best after stakes. . .

somebody that fell off in a huge way IMO is lenny kravitz-- it's tough to remember now, but his first couple albums were really good. . . dude totally jumped the shark when he covered american woman. . .

U_XFYER6DSA

CpZvJ8f09Hc&feature=related

weazel
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
What groups used to be great, but have fallen into the good, mediocre, suckage categories? If you want to expound upon why, feel free to add your thoughts.

For starters, Metallica. They rocked the metal world until their Load album came out. The only good songs to come from Load are "Until It Sleeps" and "Hero of the Day." But still, those are songs and not entire albums that rocked. The Black Album was the last great album by Metallica. Load was good, but not great.

I think death magnetic is good, at least it sounds more like old metallica than load, reload and some kinda monster did...

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
have you listened to the grind date? i think it's one of their best after stakes

Haven't heard it, but will give it a shot since you've givin it the ok.:salute:

somebody that fell off in a huge way IMO is lenny kravitz-- it's tough to remember now, but his first couple albums were really good. . . dude totally jumped the shark when he covered american woman

I totally agree with this ^^ Used to like Lenny, but only the early stuff.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
11-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Haven't heard it, but will give it a shot since you've givin it the ok.:salute:

PEACE!!!

it definitely has a little more R'n'B feel, but the rhymes are still super on point. . .

7GBx4HJKU7s

HORSEPOWER 56
11-04-2011, 10:15 PM
For me, it's Nickelback. I know everyone will be like "WTF?, they've always sucked", but really they didn't. If you listen to earlier albums (when I got into them) like Curb and The State those albums kicked ass.

It wasn't until Silver Side Up came out and that damned "How you Remind Me" song came out and they absolutely exploded in popularity that they really started to go down hill. Silver Side Up is actually a pretty good album when you get rid of the gay ballads ("Woke Up This Morning" is one of my favorite songs of theirs).

Even The Long Road and All the Right Reasons had a couple good songs on them, but I can't for the life of me listen to Darkhorse or anything since then.

Nickelback has become a sellout bunch of posers and it sucks. I used to really like them... :tsk:

gnomeflinger
11-04-2011, 10:21 PM
For me, it's Nickelback. I know everyone will be like "WTF?, they've always sucked", but really they didn't. If you listen to earlier albums (when I got into them) like Curb and The State those albums kicked ass.

It wasn't until Silver Side Up came out and that damned "How you Remind Me" song came out and they absolutely exploded in popularity that they really started to go down hill. Silver Side Up is actually a pretty good album when you get rid of the gay ballads ("Woke Up This Morning" is one of my favorite songs of theirs).

Even The Long Road and All the Right Reasons had a couple good songs on them, but I can't for the life of me listen to Darkhorse or anything since then.

Nickelback has become a sellout bunch of posers and it sucks. I used to really like them... :tsk:

They're going to be the half time show for the Lion's game on Turkey Day. Nothing says "let's celebrate America" by hiring a Canadian band.

Thnikkaman
11-04-2011, 10:22 PM
have you listened to the grind date? i think it's one of their best after stakes. . .

somebody that fell off in a huge way IMO is lenny kravitz-- it's tough to remember now, but his first couple albums were really good. . . dude totally jumped the shark when he covered american woman. . .

I Love Rock Cocaine Flow. I guess I haven't listened to that whole album. I'll need to check it out.

Thnikkaman
11-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Slum Village.

Fantastic Vol 1 and 2 are the only two albums I recognize being from Slum Village. After Dilla died, the backbone of that group died. When Baatin died, so did the group. That rap group masquerading as Slum Village now, is not Slum Village.

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 10:41 PM
They're going to be the half time show for the Lion's game on Turkey Day. Nothing says "let's celebrate America" by hiring a Canadian band.

I read that the People of Detroit are getting a petition around to have the NFL reschedule another band instead of Nickelback.

PEACE!!!

gnomeflinger
11-04-2011, 10:45 PM
I read that the People of Detroit are getting a petition around to have the NFL reschedule another band instead of Nickelback.

PEACE!!!

This is a true story. I find it sad, yet amusing at the same time.

BroncoNut
11-09-2011, 04:51 PM
This is a true story. I find it sad, yet amusing at the same time.

did Nickelback take a nosedive or something? if so, it couldn't have been that bad of a fall.

weazel
11-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I dont like nickelback in the least... but I got free tickets and they actually put on a good show. They did a tribute to Dimebag as well!

CoachChaz
11-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I worked security for a Nickelback show. Actually surprised me how good they are live. And they did about a 30 minute tribute to Dimebag (apparently mandatory for every mainstream rock/metal band to do when visiting Dallas). Vinnie and Rita were on stage with them, etc.

weazel
11-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I worked security for a Nickelback show. Actually surprised me how good they are live. And they did about a 30 minute tribute to Dimebag (apparently mandatory for every mainstream rock/metal band to do when visiting Dallas). Vinnie and Rita were on stage with them, etc.

why you gotta copy me bro?

dogfish
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I worked security for a Nickelback show.

were you in charge of managing the groupies?

:heh:

CoachChaz
11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
why you gotta copy me bro?

To show how unoriginal they are

CoachChaz
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
were you in charge of managing the groupies?

:heh:

Not that show, but I do have an interesting story from a Kenny Chesney show that i worked once.

Kenny always kept a long line of chicks waiting by a gate leading to his trailer. Some worth it...most not. This particular night there was a really cute one that offered to go down on me if I let her in the gate first. For whatever reason, I declined and lied and said she had to ask the guy working with me because he was my boss. She did and he accepted.

30 minutes later we are told that we have to ID the girls and get rid of anyone underage. I ID the girl that went down on my friend and see that she was only 16. So, I sent her packing and didnt say anything to my friend.

About 10 minutes later she comes back...with her mom. Her mom comes to me and asks why she had to leave. The girls looks at her mom and says, "talk to the other guy...he's the one in charge". So the mom asks my friend and he said it was something that Kenny's crew requested. She accepted and they both left. Girl never said a word.

Later I told my friend and to this day, he refuses to believe me. Either he truly doesnt believe me or he doesnt want to. All I know is someone was watching over me that night.

Slick
11-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I was disapponted in Metallica when I got home from Blockbuster music in San Antonio with my copy of the Black album. And justice for all was their last good album. I haven't bought a Cd or been to a concert of theirs since.

I need some time to stew on this. There are others but I am drawing a blank right now.

Slick
11-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow Coach. That could have gotten ugly.

CoachChaz
11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow Coach. That could have gotten ugly.

No. Ugly was when I worked one of the big summer festival shows. This chick comes up and tells me she wants to go get a beer, but cant find a beer vendor in the pit and cant leave because her friend was in the bathroom with her pit ticket. She asks me to walk to a beer stand with her and let her back in, so I oblige. She goes and orders her beer and offers to buy me one. i tell her I'll accept when the sun goes down and I can hide it. She says she needs to do something for me, so she decides to flash me.

Good God. Imagine looking at a pancake and an orange in a sock hanging on the wall next to each other with bullet holes in both.

That situation was UGLY!!!

Slick
11-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Lol!

gnomeflinger
11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm glad to see you, Coach. You've been missed.

jhildebrand
11-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I was disapponted in Metallica when I got home from Blockbuster music in San Antonio with my copy of the Black album. And justice for all was their last good album. I haven't bought a Cd or been to a concert of theirs since.

I need some time to stew on this. There are others but I am drawing a blank right now.

death magnetic is pretty good!