PDA

View Full Version : My first mini mock draft.

underrated29
12-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I dont see a 2009 draft section yet, so this is where i put it. Also there isnt really a whole of info out there yet, and i dont follow college or players, like dream,coach,g,boss etc.

Two scenarios- for two mocks.

1. Larinitus (#16-18) wherever we pick at. He is there we take him no questions asked.

2. Chung- even with ww at saftey and barrett another great talent back there is needed

3. The biggest Fattest mutha F'er there is at DT. Keeps the blockers off our new MLB, and should help collapse the pocket and hopefully stuff the run, as well as maybe require more attention so our DE's can get some 1 on 1. I like Ron BRace 6'3 333lbs of chubby.

4. WR/KR Sammie Stroughter 5'9 -183 We need another slot guy if stokes hanges em up and chad jackson doesnt do the job. This guy can also return kicks which keeps royal in only for punts and healthier. Not a blazer, but fast enough, can block, can YAC really well and RETURN KICKS WELL.
5x3.

I havent thought that far through for (above)

Second scenario.

With haynesworth leaving the titans we trade our 1st (#16-18) for their first and 2nd. They can take Raji, or Cody to replace him.

1. #28- Spikes MLB- dont know much about him, but he isnt rated that much lower than larinitus and might be available to us here ( i hope).

2a. Shonne Green RB (luxury pick), but he fell this far and is too good of a talnet to pass up.

2b.(from titans)- S- chung, or Kevin ellison -whoever is still on the board.

3. DE- Pannel Egboh- dont know much about him or if this is too high or low for him, but he has the size 6'5 and weight 275 to rush the passer and stop the run

4. KR- so far the WR Sammie seems best, but i dont have lots of info yet- So he gets it by default, but seems to be pretty good.
The rest- havent thought through and not enough info.

I dont have any FA on here as its too hard to predict and we usually dont get them anyways, especially with our new philosphy of build through draft and character.

claymore
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I can see that. I value your opinion, and I have you as one of my underrated posters here.

underrated29
12-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I can see that. I value your opinion, and I have you as one of my underrated posters here.

:tears:

Thanks, :sniff: I always had a special place for you too. :tears:

Seriously, though- thanks. I hope its close to what we do.

Fan in Exile
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I really like the idea of getting a great MLB and another Safety. I think that Winborn is going to end up our SAM next year and having three good safeties to bring back the Big Nickle would be a nice thing.

DenBronx
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I have a man crush on Larinitus.

But will he still be there at pick 32 for us???

underrated29
12-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I really like the idea of getting a great MLB and another Safety. I think that Winborn is going to end up our SAM next year and having three good safeties to bring back the Big Nickle would be a nice thing.

yep. To me we have to get 2 out of these 3 in the first 3 rounds. LB,S,DT.

Hopefully shanny and CO sees it the same way.

IS the whole titans trade reasonable though? thats the one thing i just wasnt sure on, but i wanted a way for us to get MLB,S, and greene and still have a 3rd rd pick left for DE/DT

Superchop 7
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Dude, Curry is "the man" at LB, this guy is so good....it's ridiculous.

Cool with Chung, but I like Nic Harris and Nate Ness. (for value pics)

Peria Jerry is another guy I like.

Anybody got the scoop on Norwood ?

ikillz0mbies
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd have a joygasm if the Broncos picked Laurinaitis.

honz
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Bobby Carpenter 2.0

underrated29
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
i agree curry is the man. problem is he is most likley going to be the first Lb taken. And definitley wont be around by the time we pick.....

Northman
12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Bobby Carpenter 2.0

Ouch.

:lol:

Dortoh
12-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Option #2 please

BroncoWave
12-17-2008, 03:58 PM
I have a man crush on Larinitus.

But will he still be there at pick 32 for us???

If we're picking at 32 this year I could give less than a shit who we draft! :lol:

Superchop 7
12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
If we pick at 32 it's because we traded down.

As for Curry, trust me, if Shanny wants him, Shanny will get him, he wrote the book on wheelin and dealin.

It sure as hell wouldn't be a "wasted" pick, thats for sure.

underrated29
12-23-2008, 12:13 PM
just bumping so some of the other draft guys can have a look.

CoachChaz
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Laurinaitis would be very welcome, I only give Spikes the edge based on the leadership qualities I witness from him.

In the second, I would prefer a RB, but if we went safety, I like Rashad Johnson better. He's not very big, but I dont think any of the safeties in this draft define the term "ball-hawk" like he does.