PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton may have a decent game statistically despite loss at GB

Bullgator
09-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers is an MVP front runner and rightfully so. He's lighting up the competition avg more than 300 yards a game with 8 TDs and only 1 int. The Packers jump on the competition early and keep the heat on through out the game. This turns every team they play into a desperate 1 dimensional passing team trying to play catch up through the air. And because of this they are the 31st ranked team in passing defense. This is due more to their style of play than their lack of talent, but even so they are a middle of the road secondary.

Also, we all have seen KO in the clutch... I think he gets irritable bowl syndrome when hes nervous and auto sharts his spandex on important plays.

But in this game there will be no pressure as GB will always be ahead by 10-14 points and so KO will be at his best.

All this will combine for a nice statistical game by captain hearshy squirts. I predict a 300+ yard game with at least 2+ TDs. All meaningless of course but not as talk show fodder who will use the stat line as reason to keep the "oops I crapped my pants" pitchman as the starter.

My prediction Packers 34 Broncos 20

sneakers
09-30-2011, 01:48 AM
'85 Bears vs God.
Bears 600-0

Ditka vs God.
Trick question, Ditka is God.

Juriga72
09-30-2011, 07:34 AM
We are going to score 20 pts? WOW.....

UnderArmour
09-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Calling it now: Kyle Orton will have the best game of his career and we will beat the Green Bay Packers so that he can start another few weeks. And then we'll get regular Orton back next week and the coaching staff will defend their decision to not play Tebow after the bye citing the Green Bay game.

LRtagger
09-30-2011, 08:01 AM
So what you're saying is, it wouldnt matter who our QB is Sunday because Rogers is going to assrape our defense?

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
If we lose by two score yet Orton throws for 300 plus yards that's hollow at best. Company line has been that Orton gives the team "the best chance to win". Losing regardless how well Orton plays losing undermines Fox's claim. The only thing that will buy Orton time is winning.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 08:29 AM
So what you're saying is, it wouldnt matter who our QB is Sunday because Rogers is going to assrape our defense?

LR you know it's not black and white. The offense has to be scoring points. Right now we're only averaging 19 per game.

BroncoJoe
09-30-2011, 08:44 AM
LR you know it's not black and white. The offense has to be scoring points. Right now we're only averaging 19 per game.

And the Pack is averaging 33.

MeanDean
09-30-2011, 09:02 AM
I agree with BullGator. I think the score will linger around that line. I do think that Kyle Orton will throw for a bunch of yards though. Green Bay is ranked pretty low in pass D and I think the Broncos will be behind and have to throw a bunch.

Also, Am I the only one thats wants to see more Lance Ball? I really like him running the ball. He seems better than Knowshon or Willis.

Anything can happen in football. Any given Sunday. Go Broncos!

Bullgator
09-30-2011, 09:18 AM

That is correct. For this game the only other QB that could keep pace is Drew Brees and maybe Brady.

If you recall the first game of the year GB jumped on NO early and kept the cushion until the very end when Brees almost pulled off the comeback... In fact everyone was gushing over Rodgers but Brees had one hell of a game himself.. 419 yard and 4 TDs... and even that wasn't enough to get the job done. GB has the best offense in the league followed by NO and NE. Wont much matter who we have at QB, although I believe the score would be closer by at least a TD with TT in there IMO.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
And the Pack is averaging 33.

Wonderful. :tsk:

LRtagger
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM

I agree, I just wanted to point out that it wont matter who our QB is before this turns into another unbearable Orton/Tebow thread. If the past two games are any indication, Rogers is going to kill our secondary. Plus Jermichael Finley is back.

Northman
09-30-2011, 09:56 AM
We are going to score 20 pts? WOW.....

Yea, i said the same thing. Last week the Bears could only muster 17 with Cutler at home. I would be surprised if we got over 10.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree, I just wanted to point out that it wont matter who our QB is before this turns into another unbearable Orton/Tebow thread. If the past two games are any indication, Rogers is going to kill our secondary. Plus Jermichael Finley is back.

We're managing that with Orton at the helm that doesn't mean we would with Tebow at the helm.

LRtagger
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
We're managing that with Orton at the helm that doesn't mean we would with Tebow at the helm.

Not sure I understand...are you saying our secondary would play better if Tebow were starting?

Bullgator
09-30-2011, 10:11 AM

your right we would manage at least 10 more points per game with TT

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Not sure I understand...are you saying our secondary would play better if Tebow were starting?

No I'm saying that our offense might score more points with Tebow at quarterback.

Bullgator
09-30-2011, 10:14 AM

TT can affect the Defense... we have seen it before... inspired players play better... you go in to seal the deal on a win(houston) is alot better than having to bail you out after being put in a tough spot like lets say..an air fumble(raiders)

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
your right we would manage at least 10 more points per game with TT

Bull I said we might it's not a for sure thing.

LRtagger
09-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I would like to see the move to Tebow too, but I'm not going to pretend it is going to fix our offense (or defense for that matter). I just want him to play so we can get a better idea of what position we need to draft with our top 5 pick.

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Orton will not have a good week at Green Bay... The booing will be relentless when SD comes to town. He should have taken the trade when it was there. He is literally playing himself out of a contract every week.

Ravage!!!
09-30-2011, 11:10 AM
If we lose by two score yet Orton throws for 300 plus yards that's hollow at best. Company line has been that Orton gives the team "the best chance to win". Losing regardless how well Orton plays losing undermines Fox's claim. The only thing that will buy Orton time is winning.

Well... yes and no. I mean, you know I'm not Orton fan...but if Orton plays WELL, and loses despite playing well.... what else can you ask of him to do to give the BEST chance to win? You ask your QB to play well and put the ball in the endzone. If he does that, if he plays well and scores, then that is giving us the best CHANCE to win. Its never a promise that he's GOING to win. It has to be up to the other positions to pull their part, as well.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I would like to see the move to Tebow too, but I'm not going to pretend it is going to fix our offense (or defense for that matter). I just want him to play so we can get a better idea of what position we need to draft with our top 5 pick.

I didn't say it would fix our offense. I just said it might allow the offense to score a little more. That aside, I agree we need to find out if Tebow can be the guy irregardless if provides a boost to the offense or not.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Well... yes and no. I mean, you know I'm not Orton fan...but if Orton plays WELL, and loses despite playing well.... what else can you ask of him to do to give the BEST chance to win? You ask your QB to play well and put the ball in the endzone. If he does that, if he plays well and scores, then that is giving us the best CHANCE to win. Its never a promise that he's GOING to win. It has to be up to the other positions to pull their part, as well.

If we're at the bye week it's going to be very difficult to make the case that he gives us the best chance to win. You lose close game after close and make the case he gives us the best chance to win.

vandammage13
09-30-2011, 11:46 AM
If we're at the bye week it's going to be very difficult to make the case that he gives us the best chance to win. You lose close game after close and make the case he gives us the best chance to win.

I think Tebow gives us the best chance to win and here's why:

Orton is fools gold...He is able to execute things well in practice which leads coaches to try to do things that he just cannot do in games. This leads to many 3 and outs which puts much undue stress on our suspect defense.

If Tebow were to start the coaches would keep things closer to the vest and stay within what the offense is capable of. Tebow would do a better job of keeping the clock moving and our defense on the sidelines (hence the reason we weren't getting blown out last year when Tebow played).

Tebow would make a play down the field here and there and pick up a few yards with his feet when things are covered rather than forcing the ball or going into the fetal position, keeping us in manageable 3rd down situations.

It would be a more conservative style of offense, but ultimately I believe the results would be more points and more wins.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
I think Tebow gives us the best chance to win and here's why:

Orton is fools gold...He is able to execute things well in practice which leads coaches to try to do things that he just cannot do in games. This leads to many 3 and outs which puts much undue stress on our suspect defense.

If Tebow were to start the coaches would keep things closer to the vest and stay within what the offense is capable of. Tebow would do a better job of keeping the clock moving and our defense on the sidelines (hence the reason we weren't getting blown out last year when Tebow played).

Tebow would make a play down the field here and there and pick up a few yards with his feet when things are covered rather than forcing the ball or going into the fetal position, keeping us in manageable 3rd down situations.

It would be a more conservative style of offense, but ultimately I believe the results would be more points and more wins.

Starting Tebow could in all those areas. But I would need see it. If nothing else he would probably make the game more exciting.

I Eat Staples
09-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Who cares?

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM

He is on the probable list for the game along with Mathews.

@Denver_Broncos Denver Broncos
#Packers injury report (2 of 2): Probable - Clifton, Finley, Matthews, Pickett, So'oto, Williams & Woodson.

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I would like to see Orton start this game....because this will show everyone when compared to a top rate team and compared to real QB, not a rookie, Hasselbeck or Cambpell what a true QB is suppose to look like and Orton is not it.

Mike
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
At best this might be a trap game for GB. Division game on road, potential playoff matchup next week. Denver in between.

Best case, maybe GB comes out sluggish and only beats Denver by 14 or so.

That's all the positive I got.

LawDog
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Was just over at MaxDenver reading Andrew's post about Jason Hunter's days as a Packer. ( http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/09/29/ex-packer-hunter-reflects-on-rodgers-lambeau-leap/ ) Mason writes about Hunter's leap into the stands after recovering a fumble and taking it to the house. It was during the fourth quarter of a Bears - Packers game in which the Bears were trailing by three touchdowns. The fumble was made by Kyle Orton and was the last play for him at Lambeau until this weekend. After that fumble, Kyle was benched and replaced by Rex Grossman. Will history repeat itself?

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
At best this might be a trap game for GB. Division game on road, potential playoff matchup next week. Denver in between.

They might rest a lot of players that are injured. They have a huge list.

Magnificent Seven
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
It will be all about Broncos defense vs. Packers offense.

Magnificent Seven
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
It will be all about Broncos defense vs. Packers offense.

I believe that Broncos defense will raise some hell in Green Bay. :defense:

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM

Gosh Mike don't go all hope and change on us now. :heh:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Locnar
09-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I see ol' rubberneck orton getting chased a lot in the backfield, and a lot of tipped passes. Sure he'll have the occasional flash in the pan 40 yard completion on 2nd down. Which I'm sure most of his yards will get us field goals unless we get a good breakaway from Decker. His decent stats that he gets are so flawed because they don't win us games. They only buy him a little more time to continue his escapade of failing in the red zone and on 3rd down.

Bullgator
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Like I said....

He had to throw that pick six so that he could get comfortable... of course he has to feel the game is out of hand first, before he can accumulate garbage stats.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Bullgator was somewhat right. 3 Ints isn't very acceptable, especially the pick 6 that blew it open. But otherwise he was ok. Don't expect much else though.

LawDog
10-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Was just over at MaxDenver reading Andrew's post about Jason Hunter's days as a Packer. ( http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2011/09/29/ex-packer-hunter-reflects-on-rodgers-lambeau-leap/ ) Mason writes about Hunter's leap into the stands after recovering a fumble and taking it to the house. It was during the fourth quarter of a Bears - Packers game in which the Bears were trailing by three touchdowns. The fumble was made by Kyle Orton and was the last play for him at Lambeau until this weekend. After that fumble, Kyle was benched and replaced by Rex Grossman. Will history repeat itself?

History did indeed repeat itself. All but the benching... I still think we have to wait until after the bye for that to happen.

DenBronx
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Rich Eisen just said on NFLN that Aaron Rogers took his championship belt off his waist, bent the Broncos over his knee and spanked them with it.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Rich Eisen just said on NFLN that Aaron Rogers took his championship belt off his waist, bent the Broncos over his knee and spanked them with it.

Today was a total embarrassment.

Juriga72
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
If we had forefitted...it would have been a 2-0 loss....

NightTerror218
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Bullgator was somewhat right. 3 Ints isn't very acceptable, especially the pick 6 that blew it open. But otherwise he was ok. Don't expect much else though.

He was ok? 1 pick 6 and 1 TD in end zone that he should have made.....Padded stats in garbage time. This game should have been a shoot out but Orton I guess did not get the invitation.

Ravage!!!
10-02-2011, 09:27 PM
a Shoot out???? :lol:

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:49 AM
a Shoot out???? :lol:

It could/should have been a shootout, because the GB defense isn't exactly stopping people too much. If they get into a situation where another team's D can stop the offense, the Packers will be in trouble, unless they can tighten things up. But...fortunately for them, Kyle Orton's the Broncos quarterback so there was no threat of a shootout developing.

For me it was all illustrated well on that flea-flicker play. That was an automatic touchdown, but Orton threw the ball so poorly that Lloyd had to stop and hit the ground to catch the ball just a few yards short of the TD. That's Orton to me in a nutshell. Beautiful play called and he executes......JUST well enough to not call it a complete failure.

TXBRONC
10-03-2011, 06:26 AM
It could/should have been a shootout, because the GB defense isn't exactly stopping people too much. If they get into a situation where another team's D can stop the offense, the Packers will be in trouble, unless they can tighten things up. But...fortunately for them, Kyle Orton's the Broncos quarterback so there was no threat of a shootout developing.

For me it was all illustrated well on that flea-flicker play. That was an automatic touchdown, but Orton threw the ball so poorly that Lloyd had to stop and hit the ground to catch the ball just a few yards short of the TD. That's Orton to me in a nutshell. Beautiful play called and he executes......JUST well enough to not call it a complete failure.

Defensively they had been vunerable to the pass but stout against the run until the game yesterday.

Yeah the flea flicker was good call. To bad the pass was so poorly thrown.

LRtagger
10-03-2011, 07:47 AM

He threw a TD pass on the very next play.

What pissed me off most, even more than the pick-6, was the underthrown ball to Lloyd in the second half that was a sure TD, but ended up an INT.

We all knew we were going to lose the game, but plays like that are substance you can build on and it adds confidence to this young group of players...instead, you get a severely underthrown ball to a wide open receiver and an int.

Northman
10-03-2011, 08:14 AM
What pissed me off most, even more than the pick-6, was the underthrown ball to Lloyd in the second half that was a sure TD, but ended up an INT.

Excellent example.

I remember seeing that play and thinking back to the Packer TD before that drive where Rodgers hit Finely in the back of the endzone on the same exact route only Orton underthrew Lloyd bigtime. That is the difference between a QB who can get it done and one that cannot.

Juriga72
10-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Where has the Orton Army been? I need to know WHICH injury is causing these INT's....

chazoe60
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Where has the Orton Army been? I need to know WHICH injury is causing these INT's....

I think it's a brain injury.

TXBRONC
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM

We all knew we were going to lose the game, but plays like that are substance you can build on and it adds confidence to this young group of players...instead, you get a severely underthrown ball to a wide open receiver and an int.

What irked me was Orton at least making an attempt to chance Woodson on the pick six. He jogged. I'm not saying I think he would of caught but he didn't even try.

vandammage13
10-03-2011, 09:39 AM
What irked me was Orton at least making an attempt to chance Woodson on the pick six. He jogged. I'm not saying I think he would of caught but he didn't even try.

In KO's distorted take on reality he views himself as a franchise QB and thinks he is too valuable to risk getting hurt trying to make a tackle.

He also knows that if he gets hurt, and Tebow takes over it will mark the end for him in Denver. This is why he falls down so quick when he gets pressured...He needs to stay healthy to keep his job and taking a hit is just too risky for him.

LawDog
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM

Strained mangina.

I Eat Staples
10-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Strained mangina.

Knowshon is contagious?!

Lancane
10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Knowshon is contagious?!

More like Orton's contagious...he's been straining his long before Moreno got here, and it's slowly spreading!

Ravage!!!
10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Excellent example.

I remember seeing that play and thinking back to the Packer TD before that drive where Rodgers hit Finely in the back of the endzone on the same exact route only Orton underthrew Lloyd bigtime. That is the difference between a QB who can get it done and one that cannot.

I guess Orton didn't hear top brag about his armstrength on that play

jhildebrand
10-08-2011, 12:17 AM
I just wish the media were still insisting that the WR's / TE's aren't adjusting to Orton's passes! They swore it was rhythm and a by product of Orton being a 7 year vet. :lol:

I have said it and continue to say it, there are only a handful of passes in any given game that the receiver doesn't have to make a major adjustment. For other QB's in the league it is the opposite. Even the most simple of passes, like the Royal across the middle against Oakland in the opener, are terribly off the mark!

Magnificent Seven
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Kyle Orton made some poor decisions. He got several easy ints.

Agent of Orange
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM

When you first said this, I was thinking you were talking about the underthrown ball on the flea flicker. On this play Lloyd, again, was wide open and it was a sure TD if he doesn't underthrow him 5 yards. When a guy is that wide open, you can afford to put a lot of air under it and lead him, allowing him to adjust. It was an awful throw that should have been 6 points.

But then I remembered the play at the other end of the field, which is the one you're talking about. Also severely underthrown pass.

You watch these plays happen and then you remember all the comments about how much more polished Orton is and you start thinking of how this is all garbage and that there's no way Orton's "polish" is enough to excede other's abilities to run or extend plays.

Agent of Orange
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM

He probably didnt want to get hurt. In the end, he doesn't really care about winning more than he cares about staying on the field for selfish reasons. Lucky us.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2011, 10:32 AM

Yeah.. but neither do most of the QBs that throw the picks. Brady didn't against the Bills. Tony certainly didn't against the Lions. Rodgers didn't the other day. Brees doesn't try. QBs are told not to try and make tackles after the INT.

His lack of tackling didn't bother me. It's his horrible passing, scoring, INTs, and play that bother me.

Northman
10-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah.. but neither do most of the QBs that throw the picks. Brady didn't against the Bills. Tony certainly didn't against the Lions. Rodgers didn't the other day. Brees doesn't try. QBs are told not to try and make tackles after the INT.

His lack of tackling didn't bother me. It's his horrible passing, scoring, INTs, and play that bother me.

Yea, ive seen Tom and Peyton hold back a lot on picks.

Lancane
10-08-2011, 11:07 AM

I can see both sides of the debate though Rav, I mean Orton quite literally has time and time again made snide remarks regarding the fans or in regards to Tebow. He's the one who basically said that he's playing to win and nothing else matters, that included the fans' opinions of him. But his play isn't backing up the statements he has made! In that sense, yeah his lack of trying to tackle the defender bothered me...but I, like you am more bothered by everything else I am seeing and have been seeing from Orton for more then two seasons now.

MOtorboat
10-08-2011, 11:12 AM

That might be one of the worst throws he's made as a Bronco. It was just bad. Woodson was already on the underside of the route before he threw it, and it's not like Orton wasn't looking, or there was a linebacker in the way. It was just bad. The problem certainly wasn't that he didn't bust it to get Woodson, it was that he threw the pass to begin with.

Agent of Orange
10-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Orton is none of those guys. Its a lot easier to look past if its Aaron Rodgers who makes up for it in other ways. Orton is no Aaron Rodgers though.

Why do you even bother responding if this is the best you can do? Seriously!