PDA

View Full Version : Billboards go up on I-25

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-protebow-billboard-appears-along-i25-20110929,0,1810892.story

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/09/29/much-talked-about-tebow-billboard-now-on-display/

They could have done better ones IMO, kind of lame.

camdisco24
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Those suck.

Northman
09-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Yea, certainly too fanatical looking. But reading some of the article from the second link Fox says the lockerroom is fine and at this point thats all that matters, at least to them. But i dont have any problems with those fans voicing their displeasure. The Broncos as a team havent done anything to really give us something to cheer about. And Orton certainly hasnt given us faith that he can get it done when necessary.

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Those suck.

Agreed. the second link has video... at least the boards are digital, but yea "welcome to Tebow-land" is gay and leads you to believe that someone from Gainesville put it up.

elsid13
09-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Waste of freaking money.

jlarsiii
09-29-2011, 08:50 PM
There are starving people in the world and some fools waste their money on billboards concerning a sport. So sad. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
09-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed. the second link has video... at least the boards are digital, but yea "welcome to Tebow-land" is gay and leads you to believe that someone from Gainesville put it up.

They might as well be from gainsville, thats how everyone sees them anyway.

Dzone
09-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Waste of electricity. Those signs look stupid.

jhildebrand
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
They could have crafted a more careful and intelligent message. Whatever.

Were these the Jesse Oaks billboards?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
First - this billboard was not put up - it is a digital billboard for a company, which was programed. From article:

The sign is the brainchild of Mohammad Suleiman, who works in a merchandise store in north Denver. He says he was fed up with Orton’s ineffectiveness near the goal line and decided to use his store’s electronic billboard to push for a switch to Tebow.

Second - the sports guy on KDVR showed Oaks talking in one of his previous interviews, and then the sports guy said that Oaks idea fizzled out due to lack of money, and two Denver billboard companies turned him down.

I can also tell you that I-25 & 58th Ave. is not anywhere close to the Broncos' practice field, so I imagine no Broncos will see the sign, unless they catch it on tv.

Buff
09-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I like them and I applaud their dedication.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
You can hear the guy who programmed them talking here"

http://www.kdvr.com/videobeta/

Nomad
09-29-2011, 09:18 PM
They should rent the trucks that have the mobile advertisement boards on them and have them drive around town daily, follow Elway & Fox to and from home, park in front of Dove Valley and all it has to say is Orton sucks:D!

Buff
09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
They should rent the trucks that have the mobile advertisement boards on them and have them drive around town daily, follow Elway & Fox to and from home, park in front of Dove Valley and all it has to say is Orton sucks:D!

This is actually genius, and much better placement. They could even just hang out on the street outside of Dove Valley. Get Jesse Oaks on the horn.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Because, you know...this has NOTHING to do with Tebow.

Regardless of how you feel about it, this makes it crystal clear that this is about Tebow and has been from the beginning. Any argument against that, at this point, is completely bunk.

weazel
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-protebow-billboard-appears-along-i25-20110929,0,1810892.story

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/09/29/much-talked-about-tebow-billboard-now-on-display/

They could have done better ones IMO, kind of lame.

doesnt matter what the boards look like, its gay no matter what

Tned
09-29-2011, 09:40 PM

Regardless of how you feel about it, this makes it crystal clear that this is about Tebow and has been from the beginning. Any argument against that, at this point, is completely bunk.

From what beginning? This is a guy that works at a store that turned the stores billboard into a Bench Orton, start Tebow sign.

So, how, pray tell, does this prove your point that it has been about Tebow since the beginning, when the BEGINNING of this billboard story was about 5 hours ago? Can't wait for the answer.

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Tebow Land? What are we, 5 year old mentally challenged children? :coffee:

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Those signs are gay to the 100th degree, in case it was hard for you to figure that out.

The signs were supposed to be anti-Orton, not pro-Tebow. Idiots.

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Lame. Should have left them at "Enough already, bench Kyle Orton"... No need to make Tebow look bad by putting his name on it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
They might as well be from gainsville, thats how everyone sees them anyway.

Unfortunately, that's what they look like. I want to see Tebow play pretty bad, but those billboards look to me like people that don't really give a crap about the Broncos, but just want to see Tebow play.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 09:46 PM
From what beginning? This is a guy that works at a store that turned the stores billboard into a Bench Orton, start Tebow sign.

So, how, pray tell, does this prove your point that it has been about Tebow since the beginning, when the BEGINNING of this billboard story was about 5 hours ago? Can't wait for the answer.

Even if I'm wrong about Oaks, and I doubt I am, which you can't prove either way, this is, once again about Tebow.

These billboards are about Tebow. It's pretty obvious they are. Unless you're actually going to argue that, which at this point, I wouldn't be surprised about...

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Even if I'm wrong about Oaks, and I doubt I am, which you can't prove either way, this is, once again about Tebow.

These billboards are about Tebow. It's pretty obvious they are. Unless you're actually going to argue that, which at this point, I wouldn't be surprised about...

If the Broncos were 3-0 and Orton was playing well would we see these billboards? Doubtful. It's about Orton and Tebow both. One sucks and the other may suck but no one knows yet. That's sort of the point.

Buff
09-29-2011, 09:49 PM
doesnt matter what the boards look like, its gay no matter what

I thought it was crazy to spend $10k... But if you already own the sign - why not?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, that's what they look like. I want to see Tebow play pretty bad, but those billboards look to me like people that don't really give a crap about the Broncos, but just want to see Tebow play.

Well, when the guy talked who put them up said that people were either honking when going by them, or coming in his store - my first thought was - I wonder how MUCH $$$$$$$$ this will bring into his store.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 09:56 PM
If the Broncos were 3-0 and Orton was playing well would we see these billboards? Doubtful. It's about Orton and Tebow both. One sucks and the other may suck but no one knows yet. That's sort of the point.

Touche.

I'll let John Elway know...

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Touche.

While you're on the phone with him let John know that some of us fans would like to see about drafting that Luck guy playing somewhere in California...

Buff
09-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Touche.

Elway already knows, that's why he and Xanders tried to trade Orton. It's Fox you need to talk to.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
While you're on the phone with him let John know that some of us fans would like to see about drafting that Luck guy playing somewhere in California...

Elway already knows, that's why he and Xanders tried to trade Orton. It's Fox you need to talk to.

I'm currently on hold at Dove Valley. They promised me a few minutes with Xanders...I'm hoping to parlay that into 20 second with Elway or Fox. Either one.

Slick
09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I think you were right about oakes, mo.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
09-29-2011, 10:11 PM

I didn't say this sign wasn't about Tebow, sure looks like it is to me. I was pointing out the fact you are attempting to tie this to the guy in Kentucky, which is ridiculous.

For the record, I have been outspoken against all the billboards. WTH does it matter if they are pro-Tebow or anti-Orton? Either way, no "fan" should be putting them up.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I didn't say this sign wasn't about Tebow, sure looks like it is to me. I was pointing out the fact you are attempting to tie this to the guy in Kentucky, which is ridiculous.

For the record, I have been outspoken against all the billboards. WTH does it matter if they are pro-Tebow or anti-Orton? Either way, no "fan" should be putting them up.

I wholly agree with you.

But these billboards wouldn't have even been thought about had our Florida fan and his friends not brought the possibility up...

sneakers
09-29-2011, 10:16 PM
LOL That is all they got for $10,000??

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 10:19 PM
LOL That is all they got for $10,000??

sneakers - read the whole story on the link. This was done locally - a guy who works at a store in Denver, used his employer's digital sign - reprogrammed them. This has nothing to do with anything else.

Tned
09-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I wholly agree with you.

But these billboards wouldn't have even been thought about had our Florida fan and his friends not brought the possibility up...

Or, if Orton hadn't sucked in most of his 31 starts.

Slick
09-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Have they been talking about our supposed qb controversy on espn?

It's a non story on nfl network. They don't even talk about the broncos during the week.

Maybe we can keep the billboards our dirty little secret.

Buff
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Either way, no "fan" should be putting them up.

I don't understand this viewpoint. Why shouldn't a fan put up a billboard and speak their mind if they want to?

I think it's similar to a company shareholder who is unhappy with management. Not quite the same since fans don't have as much skin in the game, but if you are a season ticket holder? I say throw up as many billboards as you want.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Or, if Orton hadn't sucked in most of his 31 starts.

You should listen to Sandy more,

Orton doesn't suck. His sin is being average, and the knee jerk, irrational fandom condemns that.

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 10:24 PM
If fans can play $125 for a Tebow jersey they sure as hell have the right to drop $10,000 for a billboard. Dumb investment but the Constitution grants free speech to smart and dumbass alike.

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 10:24 PM

Orton doesn't suck. His sin is being average, and the knee jerk, irrational fandom condemns that.

He's average most of the time, but when the chips are down he flat sucks.

Tned
09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't understand this viewpoint. Why shouldn't a fan put up a billboard and speak their mind if they want to?

I think it's similar to a company shareholder who is unhappy with management. Not quite the same since fans don't have as much skin in the game, but if you are a season ticket holder? I say throw up as many billboards as you want.

I don't like it, just like I don't like booing or chanting Tebow. All of this nonsense does nothing to achieve any goal of the fans, but does cause reporter after reporter to ask players and coaches about it, which has no upside, but the downside of distracting them from the task at hand.

MOtorboat
09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't like it, just like I don't like booing or chanting Tebow. All of this nonsense does nothing to achieve any goal of the fans, but does cause reporter after reporter to ask players and coaches about it, which has no upside, but the downside of distracting them from the task at hand.

If you aren't being sarcastic, we continue to agree...

Davii
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
This shit is dumb. I just have to wonder, why? What does this guy think this will achieve?

If Fox saw a billboard and decided to change qb because of it I think we should then rent a plane to fly overt the stadium asking for his firing. No coach would be that dumb, not even McD.

So what's the damn point? look, I want Orton benched as much as anyone, but this is just stupidity. It's not about orton, tebow, or even the Broncos. It's about his business and trying to make some dough. Nothing else makes rational sense.

Tned
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
If you aren't being sarcastic, we continue to agree...

No sarcasm. I've been saying versions of the same both about the billboard and the booing/chanting, since each became a topic.

Northman
09-29-2011, 10:37 PM
This shit is dumb. I just have to wonder, why? What does this guy think this will achieve?

If Fox saw a billboard and decided to change qb because of it I think we should then rent a plane to fly overt the stadium asking for his firing. No coach would be that dumb, not even McD.

So what's the damn point? look, I want Orton benched as much as anyone, but this is just stupidity. It's not about orton, tebow, or even the Broncos. It's about his business and trying to make some dough. Nothing else makes rational sense.

Fox is quoted in that article that he pays it no mind so im not sure why anyone cares that he or anyone else does it.

Buff
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM

Hypothetically, let's just assume the guy who put this up is a diehard fan and his intentions are not business related. You are still against the billboards.

I really don't understand why this upsets you guys so much.

The guy has an opinion. Best I can tell, the majority of Bronco fans are ready to move on from Orton effective immediately. Even if it isn't a majority, this billboard captures the sentiment of a large faction of Broncos fans. Fans are sick of losing. People are apathetic. I actually salute the proactive move to speed this process along. Even if you disagree, I don't understand why you guys are getting bent out of shape.

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 10:39 PM

LMAO if you truly believe Orton doesn't suck, you are delusional.

IMO, any player below average sucks. Kyle Orton is one of them.

His record in his past 18 starts is 4-14

From the seventh game of 2009 until the game at Tennessee on Sunday, with Orton as the starting quarterback, the Broncos trailed by three or more points at halftime 17 times.
They lost all 17. He is 0.00 percent when the team trails by three or more at halftime.

No current starting quarterback in the NFL has more regular-season defeats than Orton from 2009-11.

Lastly, he's had 5 turnovers in the first 3 games of this season (4 of those in opponent territory).

Oh wait, I forgot. It's never Orton's fault :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 10:40 PM

BINGO - we have a winner. Again, I posted the video where the guy was talking, and when he said many have come in the store - I THOUGHT $$$$$$

I loved what Ron Zappollo said at the end of the video - If a coach listens to the fans, he will soon be sitting with the fans.

Northman
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Hypothetically, let's just assume the guy who put this up is a diehard fan and his intentions are not business related. You are still against the billboards.

The guy has an opinion. Best I can tell, the majority of Bronco fans are ready to move on from Orton effective immediately. Even if it isn't a majority, this billboard captures the sentiment of a large faction of Broncos fans. Fans are sick of losing. People are apathetic. I actually salute the proactive move to speed this process along. Even if you disagree, I don't understand why you guys are getting bent out of shape.

Indeed. Its just another person expressing themselves about our Qb situation. We do it on a forum he does it with a billboard. No matter how gay it looks im not going to condemn the guy for voicing his opinion.

Davii
09-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Fox is quoted in that article that he pays it no mind so im not sure why anyone cares that he or anyone else does it.

I don't care. My point is that it's retarded, there is absolutely no chance this achieves it's started goal. None. Obviously the business owner knows that too, which is why I say it has absolutely nothing to do with the Broncos but has to do with an attempt to drum up business.

He owns the sign he can do what he wants and I reserve the right to think he's an idiot IF he thinks it will change the Broncos qb. However, if his aim is to drum up business then it's probably a good call.

Either way, he had a right to do whatever he wants with sign, and I have a right to think he's an idiot.

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't care. My point is that it's retarded, there is absolutely no chance this achieves it's started goal. None. Obviously the business owner knows that too, which is why I say it has absolutely nothing to do with the Broncos but has to do with an attempt to drum up business.

He owns the sign he can do what he wants and I reserve the right to think he's an idiot IF he thinks it will change the Broncos qb. However, if his aim is to drum up business then it's probably a good call.

Either way, he had a right to do whatever he wants with sign, and I have a right to think he's an idiot.

Buyer Beware:
OneSwoosh.com is opportunistic marketing ploy. If you support Tebow, you can get a coupon to their business. They are attempting to get free advertising in the press for their company.

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 10:53 PM
First - this billboard was not put up - it is a digital billboard for a company, which was programed. From article:

The sign is the brainchild of Mohammad Suleiman, who works in a merchandise store in north Denver. He says he was fed up with Orton’s ineffectiveness near the goal line and decided to use his store’s electronic billboard to push for a switch to Tebow.

Second - the sports guy on KDVR showed Oaks talking in one of his previous interviews, and then the sports guy said that Oaks idea fizzled out due to lack of money, and two Denver billboard companies turned him down.

I can also tell you that I-25 & 58th Ave. is not anywhere close to the Broncos' practice field, so I imagine no Broncos will see the sign, unless they catch it on tv.

Oh who care? why are you so nitpicky? billboards a billboard ffs

Davii
09-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Indeed. Its just another person expressing themselves about our Qb situation. We do it on a forum he does it with a billboard. No matter how gay it looks im not going to condemn the guy for voicing his opinion.

I'm not condemning the man. Like I said, the sign is his to do with as he pleases. I hope Tebow starts, but it if he does it will have nothing to do with to do with this billboard.

Good on him for coming up with a way to drum up business, entrepreneurs ftw... But it has nothing to do with the Broncos.

Joel
09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
lame.
Agreed.

Slick
09-29-2011, 10:55 PM

It reeks of spoiled brat mentality.

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 11:00 PM

like there aint a few of those around :rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh who care? why are you so nitpicky? billboards a billboard ffs

Stating the facts is nitpicky - REALLY

Buff
09-29-2011, 11:01 PM

Obviously Fox isn't going to read the billboard and rush back to Dove Valley so he can update the depth chart. But there is a perfectly reasonable case to be made for Tebow, and coaches are aware of the mood of the fans.

Clearly they don't make decisions based solely on the mood of the fans, but they are aware, and they do care (despite their claims to the contrary)... In the long run public opinion does matter.

I don't know man... I suffer with this team every weekend. I watch Kyle Orton make the same critical errors every weekend at the most important position in sports. Maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but I feel like season ticket holders' ought to. And there are plenty of the same opinion.

This particular billboard appears to be more about advertising - but assuming it wasn't - I like the premise.

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Stating the facts is nitpicky - REALLY

your all important "fact" that it wasnt a billboard but that it was an electronic billboard is ridiculous. Its down right laughable :laugh:

Slick
like there aint a few of those around :rolleyes:

I'm ready for a change man. You know that. I just think this is dumb.

Northman

Absolutely, but i have to kind of agree with Buff i just dont know why you would be that uptight about it. It will have zero effect on the decision making in Dove Valley. I mean, i cant even look at it like he's an idiot because overall it means nothing in the grand scheme of things so i guess i just dont understand your logic here.

PAINTERDAVE
09-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Absolutely, but i have to kind of agree with Buff i just dont know why you would be that uptight about it. It will have zero effect on the decision making in Dove Valley. I mean, i cant even look at it like he's an idiot because overall it means nothing in the grand scheme of things so i guess i just dont understand your logic here.

Correct.

However...
I think where it will make some difference is in casual fans attitudes..
bringing more folks along to the idea....
it simply highlights what is going on...
brings the controversy into the spotlight.

It was just all over the news...

it is increasing the visiblity of the issue.

Just adding gasoline to the fire.....

One more brick in the wall...

Bullgator
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm ready for a change man. You know that. I just think this is dumb.

You know what, there aint a bigger TT fan here than me but I have to agree.

To me (I suspect) its just another way someone is trying to exploit TT for their own personal gain. TT will get his shot and he will run with it and stiff arm the media like he did that deadly pathogen in the womb...but not because of this. IF this guys IS a diehard fan and wants KO benched thats what he should have put on the board.

Orton will eventually bench himself, or get himself killed standing back there like a cardboard cutout of an NFL QB.

SpringsBroncoFan
09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
I wonder if the guy got permission from the owner??? Not to mention the legal image stuff people were talking about in the other thread...

Davii
09-29-2011, 11:31 PM
your all important "fact" that it wasnt a billboard but that it was an electronic billboard is ridiculous. Its down right laughable :laugh:

She highlighted that fact to show that this guy didn't spend 10k for the billboard. The point esn't that it was electronic, but rather it's a programmable sign that he owns and all it took was 5 minutes at a keyboard to put this up. It's a significant fact given that many are confusing this marketing ploy with the jesse oaks saga

Davii
09-29-2011, 11:36 PM

Go look at the website that is also plastered on the billboard, oneswoosh.com. When you realize it's a shady advertising/"coupon" business you will see this is a guy looking to take advantage of the situation and the fans. Were this to have anything at all to do with the Broncos I would still think it's dumb but I would then say, "more power to him".

However, after looking at the site it is clear to me this it's a ploy to generate web traffic for a shady company.

And since I looked at that site I feel I must now do a spyware scan.

Davii
09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
You know what, there aint a bigger TT fan here than me but I have to agree.

To me (I suspect) its just another way someone is trying to exploit TT for their own personal gain. TT will get his shot and he will run with it and stiff arm the media like he did that deadly pathogen in the womb...but not because of this. IF this guys IS a diehard fan and wants KO benched thats what he should have put on the board.

Orton will eventually bench himself, or get himself killed standing back there like a cardboard cutout of an NFL QB.

I'm glad you can see through it BG.

Northman
09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Go look at the website that is also plastered on the billboard, oneswoosh.com. When you realize it's a shady advertising/"coupon" business you will see this is a guy looking to take advantage of the situation and the fans. Were this to have anything at all to do with the Broncos I would still think it's dumb but I would then say, "more power to him".

However, after looking at the site it is clear to me this it's a ploy to generate web traffic for a shady company.

And since I looked at that site I feel I must now do a spyware scan.

Lol, i didnt even bother going to the site. I guess it just didnt matter that much to me. Hopefully it didnt kill your computer.

Davii
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Lol, i didnt even bother going to the site. I guess it just didnt matter that much to me. Hopefully it didnt kill your computer.

Nah, no worries on that, it's got some pretty good protection. Better safe than sorry though. Honestly, after seeing the website the only way it could be shadier is if he is selling fake tebow jerseys...

PAFLCO
09-30-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't think Tebow is going to be to happy about this billboard.
It is his image they are using for $$ gain at their website.

Lancane
09-30-2011, 01:56 AM

If we were talking about the same person(s) as before then I would agree with you, but now we're talking about a local...not someone clear across the country. Those billboards were suppose to be Anti-Orton, these are without question Pro-Tebow. But because it's a local, it's gonna hold more weight then the other billboards because it could cause a domino effect with other local businesses that feel the same way. Doesn't matter if it's about Tebow, it's giving a voice to those against Orton and it will get worse because people support the idea already. It will be interesting to see how much of an effect it will have socially as a form of protest, will it cause a local domino effect and force the team, particularly Bowlen to demand something or will it have little effect? I'm interested in seeing what happens as the season goes on.

DenBronx
09-30-2011, 02:00 AM
yeah the tebow land one is gay.

but im just glad the message is up!

Lancane
09-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I don't think Tebow is going to be to happy about this billboard.
It is his image they are using for $$ gain at their website.

It's quite possible, but the man was smart...there is nothing he used that could be considered trademark infringement, that was something Jessie Oaks was having trouble getting around. And indeed it could be considered a fiscal benefiting advertisement, but other then the website atop the billboards it's rather miniscule.

As I said before it will be interesting to see from a sociology standpoint of how this situation develops. Will someone start doing bus or bench adds, will someone start paying signboards at certain buildings to state much the same, or will someone do what that one single mom did and hire a plane to fly a banner? And what will happen if it causes a bigger domino effect then people yet realize?

I know people say protesting doesn't do much...then I remember what happened in 2007 when fans of the television show Jericho on CBS protested the cancellation of the television series by sending tons of nuts to the executive building of CBS, continuously calling and likewise sending emails in an upwards of what was some 88,000 emails. CBS gave in and produced another season of the show, promising them a good end to the series and even possibly a made for television movie if necessary.

Orton had some people doing signboards at churches and theaters and so on against him in Chicago, it didn't catch on...but soon after we saw them give up the house and farm for Cutler, I have to wonder if this will stop at Tebow or if we'll start seeing people calling for Jones or Luck in the draft...it's very interesting to say the least.

EastCoastBronco
09-30-2011, 06:57 AM
I like them too.
The ironic part is that I think that stuff like this only makes Fox stick to his guns even more.

At least no everyone out there has "become comfortably numb" to this mediocrity...

Here's hopin'...

hotcarl
09-30-2011, 07:48 AM
That "billboard" has been up for weeks, and it's on 58th in an industrial area and not visible from I-25. And also as said earlier, its for a scam website anyway, the people who put it up probably do not even speak english or watch football. Great reporting fox.

weazel
09-30-2011, 09:54 AM
I was all for Tebow starting until I seen these signs... now I want Orton to start the rest of the season and then let them both walk at the end of the year. These tebow fans couldnt care less about the Broncos... probablyh never seen a single Broncos game until timmy was here

Buff
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM
I was all for Tebow starting until I seen these signs... now I want Orton to start the rest of the season and then let them both walk at the end of the year

Would you explain yourself one time?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2011, 11:10 AM
The folks at Multiline haven’t heard from the Broncos directly. But they could wind up hearing from the NFL. The league has strict rules about the usage of its logos and trademarks, and the usage of images of players in uniform. (That’s why, for example, when you see Eddie Royal’s Taco Bell commercial, he’s wearing a plain jersey with no insignia on it. Or even when players promote their own charity events, they can’t use Broncos logos or even pictures of themselves in uniform. No Fun League, indeed.)

Suleiman said it is a coincidence that his business’ sign is up only a couple of weeks after a group of Broncos fans started a fan movement to purchase billboards to urge Fox to bench Kyle Orton.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/29/first-pro-tebow-billboard-emerges-in-denver/9812/

Northman
09-30-2011, 11:19 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/29/first-pro-tebow-billboard-emerges-in-denver/9812/

This dude is full of shit if he thinks its just a coincidence that his sign is all of a sudden up. He saw the report and since he already had a sign jumped on it and stole the idea. I dont mind that fans want to speak out with dissatisfaction, but dont lie about it. :lol:

PAFLCO
09-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
The folks at Multiline haven’t heard from the Broncos directly. But they could wind up hearing from the NFL. The league has strict rules about the usage of its logos and trademarks, and the usage of images of players in uniform. (That’s why, for example, when you see Eddie Royal’s Taco Bell commercial, he’s wearing a plain jersey with no insignia on it. Or even when players promote their own charity events, they can’t use Broncos logos or even pictures of themselves in uniform. No Fun League, indeed.)

Suleiman said it is a coincidence that his business’ sign is up only a couple of weeks after a group of Broncos fans started a fan movement to purchase billboards to urge Fox to bench Kyle Orton.

Does anyone know if Tebow has any control over his image or name being used without his knowledge?

Northman
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Does anyone know if Tebow has any control over his image or name being used without his knowledge?

I think he could say something about it. To my knowledge you cant just use an image of someone without their consent. Its a copyright issue but Tebow could simply go through the NFL channels and get it removed if he wanted too. Chances are though, if this guy is making money off of it the NFL will jump first.

PAFLCO
09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
I think he could say something about it. To my knowledge you cant just use an image of someone without their consent. Its a copyright issue but Tebow could simply go through the NFL channels and get it removed if he wanted too. Chances are though, if this guy is making money off of it the NFL will jump first.

Thanks for the info.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM

I am guessing here - but I would imagine the players have their minds on other things, and something like this is handled thru the teams, not the players themselves.

Also, on one of the local news stations last night, it was mentioned that the company put this up last weekend. So, I am thinking - it just was mentioned on all of the local news stations yesterday - Thursday - it received no publicity until late afternoon yesterday. I wonder how the word got out about it yesterday.

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
well after all the publicity that was given over that guy and the billboard. Figure a digital billboard would be cheaper and it would rack up a lot of publicity.

Would laugh if they billboard company for those digital ones did it for the publicity.

PAFLCO
09-30-2011, 11:44 AM
My guess would be the owner of the store/website to a local news station. It was on twitter around lunch time frame. I think it was news31, but not 100%.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
well after all the publicity that was given over that guy and the billboard. Figure a digital billboard would be cheaper and it would rack up a lot of publicity.

Would laugh if they billboard company for those digital ones did it for the publicity.

This is a digital billboard at a local company in Denver, used to advertise their business, and still carrying their website location on it - no connection with the original plans by the guy in Kentucky.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM
This is a digital billboard at a local company in Denver, used to advertise their business, and still carrying their website location on it - no connection with the original plans by the guy in Kentucky.

I suppose I feel a little better about that. Only a local company or group could get away with putting up a sign like that and not be accused of being "Tebow first fans".

Denver Native (Carol)
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
I suppose I feel a little better about that. Only a local company or group could get away with putting up a sign like that and not be accused of being "Tebow first fans".

If you look at the different phases of the billboard - it is all about Tebow.

Here is video:

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/222141/345/Billboard-sends-message-to-Broncos-coach

HORSEPOWER 56
09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
There are starving people in the world and some fools waste their money on billboards concerning a sport. So sad. :tsk:

I understand the point you're trying to make, but does that mean you should sell all of your Broncos memorabilia and season tickets if you have them (which can go for quite a chunk of change) to feed the hungry? It's their money, let them do with it as they wish.

We aren't Detroit or Cleveland or Cincinnati, or any of those other perennial losers. Our fans expect better for their dollar and they are upset. I wholeheartedly support the fans that aren't willing to just sit by and watch the Broncos suck shit week after week. Accepting mediocrity and being a happy fan just because it's what you've always done no matter what the team does may be okay with some, but not with most.

Would you throw money a car that was broken down? A TV that didn't work? A house that was in disrepair? Only if you intended to fix them. Why throw money at a football team that won't take the obvious steps it needs to get better? Football is a product, a service for entertainment. If your favorite TV show started to suck in plot and acting, would you still watch?

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 12:55 PM
so stupid. it really makes bronco fans look like donkeys

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I understand the point you're trying to make, but does that mean you should sell all of your Broncos memorabilia and season tickets if you have them (which can go for quite a chunk of change) to feed the hungry? It's their money, let them do with it as they wish.

We aren't Detroit or Cleveland or Cincinnati, or any of those other perennial losers. Our fans expect better for their dollar and they are upset. I wholeheartedly support the fans that aren't willing to just sit by and watch the Broncos suck shit week after week. Accepting mediocrity and being a happy fan just because it's what you've always done no matter what the team does may be okay with some, but not with most.

Would you throw money a car that was broken down? A TV that didn't work? A house that was in disrepair? Only if you intended to fix them. Why throw money at a football team that won't take the obvious steps it needs to get better? Football is a product, a service for entertainment. If your favorite TV show started to suck in plot and acting, would you still watch?

let the consumers vote on ticket sales and such I say. I'm gonna keep the jersey that I have and go to the one game I've already committed myself to on Dec 11, but other than that, I won't be watching much bronco football this season unless something changes like a qb or something like that.

weazel
09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Would you explain yourself one time?

Orton will not get better...
timmy is a joke...

nothing more to say, really

PAFLCO
09-30-2011, 01:02 PM
I found this info posted by stuckinjax at denverbroncos.com.
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=3987488&postcount=376

Originally Posted by stuckinjax
2 different companies were using his image and his people made them stop .. one was Tebow tshirts and T-bows which was womens underwear, even when Jacksonville had the campaign to draft him they couldnt use his name so they said "15 draft him and we will come"

So this company may be getting hit from both the NFL & Tebow.

Northman
09-30-2011, 01:10 PM
let the consumers vote on ticket sales and such I say. I'm gonna keep the jersey that I have and go to the one game I've already committed myself to on Dec 11, but other than that, I won't be watching much bronco football this season unless something changes like a qb or something like that.

Really?

I cant be like that. I hate the QB situation but i guess i just love the team too much to not watch at all.

Buff
09-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Orton will not get better...
timmy is a joke...

nothing more to say, really

I still have no idea where you are coming from... I guess I'd rather start the unknown joke than the known laughing stock.

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 01:19 PM

ok thanks. That was what I was thinking but was not sure.

weazel
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I still have no idea where you are coming from... I guess I'd rather start the unknown joke than the known laughing stock.

I agree with you buff, the billboards just kinda pissed me off.

BroncoWave
09-30-2011, 01:29 PM

Do you use all of your discretionary income on starving people in the world? If not then sthu.

BroncoNut
Really?

I cant be like that. I hate the QB situation but i guess i just love the team too much to not watch at all.

ah, I don't know. Haven't really put it to action yet. But I just can't get into the games. it just doesn't feel like I'm watching a good game.

BroncoNut
Do you use all of your discretionary income on starving people in the world? If not then sthu.

shut up yourself.

BroncoWave
09-30-2011, 01:31 PM
shut up yourself.

That hurts coming from you. I thought we were friends.

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 01:33 PM
That hurts coming from you. I thought we were friends.

oh don't give me that shit.

BroncoWave
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
oh don't give me that shit.

I just find it stupid when people use the "why spend your money on that when there are starving kids in the world line" as if they send all their money to feed starving kids themselves.

MOtorboat
09-30-2011, 01:36 PM

I've been contemplating saving up $10,000 to put up a billboard in San Diego that says "Bench Rivers" in hopes that Norv benches Philip Rivers.

That guy destroys the Broncos.

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I just find it stupid when people use the "why spend your money on that when there are starving kids in the world line" as if they send all their money to feed starving kids themselves.

i do too actually. it's one way of looking at it, but you have to consider the administative fees to get the food to those people, and then you can't be sure they will even get it after it goes through the customs of their country etc. that money would have beeen better spent advertising for donations to world hunger on that billboard, I would imagine. ah, it's a moot point really.

jlarsiii
09-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Actually I have made several donations in the last few years to feed the needy as well as donations after every major catastrophe such as the haiti earthquake and the Japan earthquake and tsunami. Otherwise I would not have made that statement.

Kind of makes you look like an ass when you respond to my post like that. So maybe it would be better if you sthu. . .

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Actually I have made several donations in the last few years to feed the needy as well as donations after every major catastrophe such as the haiti earthquake and the Japan earthquake and tsunami. Otherwise I would not have made that statement.

Kind of makes you look like an ass when you respond to my post like that. So maybe it would be better if you sthu. . .

You ever go by the name of JWalk?

slim
09-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Tread lightly Nut...jwalk's sister will sue your ass.

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Tread lightly Nut...jwalk's sister will sue your ass.

what makes you so sure this is a crack?

slim
09-30-2011, 03:21 PM
what makes you so sure this is a crack?

What else would it be?

BroncoNut
09-30-2011, 03:24 PM
What else would it be?

I dont' know. I was thinking MUG... Maybe more possibly. but the join date doesn't match up.

Watchthemiddle
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I've been contemplating saving up $10,000 to put up a billboard in San Diego that says "Bench Rivers" in hopes that Norv benches Philip Rivers.

That guy destroys the Broncos.

You do that and I will save up $10,000 to put up a billboard in Oakland that says "Bench McFadden"....1. he destroys the Broncos, 2. He is not on my fantasy team so I could care less if he plays.

jlarsiii
09-30-2011, 08:40 PM

No. Who is JWalk?

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
The real irony in all this is that you know the billboards are embarrassing to Tim Tebow. People are so stupid. Sheep following the herd.

Nick
10-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Can't hate the guy from trying to capitalize on a dumb billboard idea. He most likely would not get a good ROI of this but if he already paid for billboard that failed this should get some results.

underrated29
10-01-2011, 10:03 AM
who cares if it is or is not about tebow? Who cares if they put up the signs? Why would you ask what they hope to accomplish by this?

We know- Orton is NOT a good starting QB. ALL of our Past QBs have been or are better! So who cares if it is about tebow or not. Orton should be relieved on duty right away.

By putting up the signs it does not show bronco fans are dumb. Quite contrary imo. All it shows is that we have been stuck with an average to below average QB on our team for 3 years and we do not like it. So who cares.

Asking what they hope to accomplish from this is like asking why do people vote? Their one singular vote is not going to be the determining factor in the presidential election. It is not going to sway the outcome...So why do it?- because it is our given rights to. Because we want to be heard, let our opinions be known and use the freedom that we fought to have a couple hundred years ago.

I applaud the move. If Kyle was not a chump this would never have been a topic. Not last year nor this year. But Kyle is a chump! And it is tiring watching him chump along. Play better, like a starting FRANCHISE QB should or buy some more diapers because its only going to get stronger and louder from here on out!

hotcarl
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
That "billboard" has been up for weeks, and it's on 58th in an industrial area and not visible from I-25. And also as said earlier, its for a scam website anyway, the people who put it up probably do not even speak english or watch football. Great reporting fox.

exzctly, yet everyone keeps talking about it

Nomad
10-01-2011, 02:10 PM
who cares if it is or is not about tebow? Who cares if they put up the signs? Why would you ask what they hope to accomplish by this?

We know- Orton is NOT a good starting QB. ALL of our Past QBs have been or are better! So who cares if it is about tebow or not. Orton should be relieved on duty right away.

By putting up the signs it does not show bronco fans are dumb. Quite contrary imo. All it shows is that we have been stuck with an average to below average QB on our team for 3 years and we do not like it. So who cares.

Asking what they hope to accomplish from this is like asking why do people vote? Their one singular vote is not going to be the determining factor in the presidential election. It is not going to sway the outcome...So why do it?- because it is our given rights to. Because we want to be heard, let our opinions be known and use the freedom that we fought to have a couple hundred years ago.

I applaud the move. If Kyle was not a chump this would never have been a topic. Not last year nor this year. But Kyle is a chump! And it is tiring watching him chump along. Play better, like a starting FRANCHISE QB should or buy some more diapers because its only going to get stronger and louder from here on out!

So I take it....you're not a 'yes fan'.

I agree 100% with your take!