PDA

View Full Version : Roster moves

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 08:41 AM
From the Denver Post:

Roster moves.
The Broncos on Tuesday re-signed safety Herana-Daze Jones to the 53-man roster. Jones was cut a week ago.
Jones, initially signed with the team Dec. 4 and has not been active for a game yet but will provide depth at safety and could play on special teams against Buffalo.
The team also re-signed rookie running back Cory Boyd to the practice squad after Boyd, who was released by the team Monday, cleared waivers.
Boyd was on the active roster last week but was inactive against Carolina. To make room for Boyd on the eight-man practice squad, the Broncos released running back Steve Baylark. Also safety Calvin Lowry, released by the Broncos last week, has signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Looking at these transactions started me thinking about who I think will not be herenext year. Here is my list. I'm curious to see what people think and would like to see others post lists as well. Thanks

Nate Webster
Niko Koutivides
Boss Bailey
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Karl Paymah
Herana-Daze Jones
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
Duane Robertson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
Tatum Bell
PJ Pope (unless he shows us something special this season)
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson
Patrick Ramsey

Tom Nalen will probably retire
I also think Doom, DJ or Bly could be traded

drewloc
12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Looking at these transactions started me thinking about who I think will not be herenext year. Here is my list. I'm curious to see what people think and would like to see others post lists as well. Thanks

Nate Webster
Niko Koutivides
Boss Bailey
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Karl Paymah
Herana-Daze Jones
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
Duane Robertson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
Tatum Bell
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson
Patrick Ramsey

The issue I have with all these, is it's half our roster lol, but maybe it's not that bad at first glance. I think that Boss and Engelberger will still be here, if for nothing else then depth reasons. Ekuban and Peterson could be also. I don't think we will release all the running backs, Hillis and the draft could determine who we keep and who we don't in the way of the backfield. I don't know the specifics to the practice squad off the top of my head, but I wonder if Pope can be placed on it again. I could see that happening. I really don't think we will get rid of all those lineman, so look for some of them to stay.

frauschieze
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
That's a HUGE list. Just exactly how are we supposed to replace that many people in one year? :confused:

You're gonna get rid of 3 of the 4 DT's we have? All of our backup LBs (except Larsen)? Unless we somehow lucky with DE's, Engleberger and Ekuban could easily hang around another year. Pope'll stick around at least until training camp. And Nate Jackson? LMAO! He will be here forever just to torture Dream.

CoachChaz
12-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Nate Webster
Niko Koutivides
Boss Bailey
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Karl Paymah
Herana-Daze Jones
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
Duane Robertson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
Tatum Bell
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson
Patrick Ramsey

Those that I think wont be here are bolded.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
That's a HUGE list. Just exactly how are we supposed to replace that many people in one year? :confused:

You're gonna get rid of 3 of the 4 DT's we have? All of our backup LBs (except Larsen)? Unless we somehow lucky with DE's, Engleberger and Ekuban could easily hang around another year. Pope'll stick around at least until training camp. And Nate Jackson? LMAO! He will be here forever just to torture Dream.

I'll call it the who would not be here if I were in charge list. :D

I honestly feel we could upgrade our talent over each of the guys I have listed via free agency, draft and the rookie free agent process. Do I think this is going to happen? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surpised to see a number of these guys cut next year.

Dreadnought
12-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Those that I think wont be here are bolded.

I mostly agree with your list. I wish Nate Webster was gone now, much less next year, but sadly I don't think it will happen. I'd like to see McCree shipped out. Robertson may be kept, and I think Nate Jackson is a lock for our 53 man roster next year. Just to irritate Dream :D

Traveler
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Bell, Tatum
Boyd, Cory
Jackson, Darrell
Koutouvides, Niko
Manuel, Marquand
McCree, Marlon
Murray, Pat
Mustard, Chad
Paymah, Karl
Pope, P.J.
Putzier, Jeb
Webster, Nate
Young, Selvin
Hall, Andre
Jackson, Nate
Nalen, Tom
Pittman, Michael
Ramsey, Patrick
Russell, Clifford
Shaw, Josh
Shepherd, Edell
Eslinger, Greg
Pears, Erik
Padilla, Manuel

GEM
12-17-2008, 10:26 AM
From the Denver Post:

Roster moves.
The Broncos on Tuesday re-signed safety Herana-Daze Jones to the 53-man roster. Jones was cut a week ago.
Jones, initially signed with the team Dec. 4 and has not been active for a game yet but will provide depth at safety and could play on special teams against Buffalo.
The team also re-signed rookie running back Cory Boyd to the practice squad after Boyd, who was released by the team Monday, cleared waivers.
Boyd was on the active roster last week but was inactive against Carolina. To make room for Boyd on the eight-man practice squad, the Broncos released running back Steve Baylark. Also safety Calvin Lowry, released by the Broncos last week, has signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The evening guy Sandy Kluf (sp?) on 950 said that after the game where Bailey got hurt he was doing an interview and turned around, looked at Lowry and said that he was on the field with the worst safety he's seen. Have fun with him Jacksonville. :lol:

GEM
12-17-2008, 10:27 AM

Nate Webster
Niko Koutivides
Boss Bailey
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Karl Paymah
Herana-Daze Jones
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
Duane Robertson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
Tatum Bell
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson
Patrick Ramsey

Nate Jackson isn't going anywhere.....he never does. *giggles*

CoachChaz
12-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Nate Jackson isn't going anywhere.....he never does. *giggles*

Kind of like herpes. Just cant get rid of him

GEM
12-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Kind of like herpes. Just cant get rid of him

Maybe THAT'S why he always has the full beard. :shocked:

Superchop 7
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
He is also the poster child for Tuten's flexibility program.

CoachChaz
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe THAT'S why he always has the full beard. :shocked:

If I hadnt recently let mine grow in, I'd find that funny

frauschieze
12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
The evening guy Sandy Kluf (sp?) on 950 said that after the game where Bailey got hurt he was doing an interview and turned around, looked at Lowry and said that he was on the field with the worst safety he's seen. Have fun with him Jacksonville. :lol:

Always nice to have your opinion confirmed by one of the best in the biz. :drinking:

Lowry was horrid. Good riddance!

GEM
12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Always nice to have your opinion confirmed by one of the best in the biz. :drinking:

He must be especially bad since Bailey isn't really known for throwing bad players under the bus. Look at some of the talentless idiots he has had to play with. Just goes to show.....Lowry sucks. :laugh:

Dreadnought
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM

Lowrey just took a roster spot at safety on my "All Time Worst Bronco" team away from Billy Jenkins. I can only hope he keeps it forever.

Lonestar
12-17-2008, 12:34 PM

Nate Webster
Boss Bailey on PUP list..

Niko Koutivides
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Karl Paymah
Herana-Daze Jones
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
Duane Robertson
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
Tatum Bell
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson
Patrick Ramsey

Overly ambitious at best you can't get rid of all the veterans on the team have to have some backups if nothing else I would agree that most of your list SHOULD NOT be starting.. but as rotational or backups we could do a whole lot worse..

here is my cut list and then my maybe list depending on what we do in the off season..

I also think Doom, DJ or Bly could be traded not happening excepting perhaps Doom as his contract is a good one for the new team. no way the others.. LBs are a dime a dozen even if he is a great one his new contract would rule that out.. Bly is way to expensive and will have to redo the contract or he is gone.. CUT not traded no one is dumb enough to do that..

Kept around if their contracts are decent
Karl Paymah
Chad Mustard
Nate Jackson Mikeys favorite.. will be here till either retire..

Cut from team tomorrow and we would not feel any pain at all.
Nate Webster
Tatum Bell
Patrick Ramsey
Marquand Manuel
Marlon Mcree
Niko Koutivides

Veterans with decent re done contracts that could be valuable back ups
Boss Bailey on PUP list
Darrell Jackson
Clifford Russell
PJ Pope
Duane Robertson stud clogger if his knees hold up..
Ebenezer Ekuban
Andre hall
Selvin Young
John Engleberger
Tim Crowder mixed emotions about him if the new DC or DL coach might be good
Nic Clemons
Louie Greene
Mario Haggan
Kenny Peterson

I repeat none of the above should be considered starters except Robertson and he is rotated enough that is is not a factor..

Bronco Bible
12-17-2008, 12:43 PM
From the Denver Post:

Roster moves.

Bye Calvin.......... have a good time Jacksonville:coffee:

shank
12-17-2008, 12:44 PM
i don't get robertson showing up on people's cut lists... he's been solid and doesn't have a huge contract at all. if thomas takes the third year DT jump then him and robertson are very solid starters IMO. with powell back and maybe one other talented body, we have a decent rotation.

i can't believe crowder can't even make the active roster. he was the safe bet at DE :tsk:

i think nate is a decent backup at MLB, but i'd rather larsen back up a new stud next year. if webster sticks around, he can still play ST.

i'm totally over ramsey and i agree that all of our safeties need to be gone except for barrett (and woodyard).

niko can go, he hasn't even been remotely good on ST :tsk:

i pretty much agree with JRs list from top to bottom :salute:

Fan in Exile
12-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Anybody know how many picks we've got coming next year? I would think that would helps us figure out about how many guys we can keep.

Lonestar
12-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Anybody know how many picks we've got coming next year? I would think that would helps us figure out about how many guys we can keep.

but you just can;t expect 4-7 rounders for making the team and being starters like happened this year..

This past year was almost the perfect storm.. those do not happened very often..

And remember we had so many holes to fill last year it was scary.. not so this year.. we need starters at MLB, SS, FS and DE.. IF those have not already been filled with the young turks from this year..

Unlikely we can get that laundry list filled with starting material players if not this coming year but the one after.. Although of the laundry list only the DE is unlikely to step in and be a stud all the others can get OJT..

Fan in Exile
12-17-2008, 01:21 PM
but you just can;t expect 4-7 rounders for making the team and being starters like happened this year..

This past year was almost the perfect storm.. those do not happened very often..

And remember we had so many holes to fill last year it was scary.. not so this year.. we need starters at MLB, SS, FS and DE.. IF those have not already been filled with the young turks from this year..

Unlikely we can get that laundry list filled with starting material players if not this coming year but the one after.. Although of the laundry list only the DE is unlikely to step in and be a stud all the others can get OJT..

Thanks JR, I know all this already but it still helps to know how many picks we have. So if anyone knows that would be great.