PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd feels underutilized...

HORSEPOWER 56
09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Go figure. Well, maybe if he caught more balls that were thrown to him or worked harder to get open...

http://skinnypost.com/whats-the-skinny/brandon-lloyd-is-feeling-under-utilized/

So, apparently It's Mike McCoy's job to "get Brandon the ball?". I remember him dropping a TD pass week one vs the Raiders that hit him in the hands. maybe you should play better, Brandon...

Northman
09-29-2011, 04:38 PM
LMAO!

I knew this was coming. He's worried about his upcoming payday. Hahahaha!

camdisco24
09-29-2011, 04:41 PM
That's what happens with a dink-n-dunk offense when you have a QB with limited skills. Sorry Brandon. (Mixed with Fox Football, Brandon's numbers are going to down spiral.)

weazel
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
That's what happens with a dink-n-dunk offense when you have a QB with limited skills. Sorry Brandon. (Mixed with Fox Football, Brandon's numbers are going to down spiral.)

you mean he's going to have the same numbers he's had his entire career except for one fluke year?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Who did Brandon make these comments to?

Northman
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Here's another article on it by the Sporting News.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-09-28/denver-broncos-team-report-brandon-lloyd-wants-to-be-more-involved

NightTerror218
09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
poor baby

Buff
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I like how he endorses our shitty QB and then is surprised when the ball isn't getting to him enough.

turftoad
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
He thinks he's underutilized because he was overutilized last year. One year wonder IMO. McFired force fed him the ball last year. He hadn't done crap before that.
I don't dislike the guy, just don't think he's that good is all.

Dreadnought
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
LMAO!

I knew this was coming. He's worried about his upcoming payday. Hahahaha!

Hmmmm...maybe he's not the best WR on the roster right now? Could it be? Maybe the offense is more effective (such as it is) if the QB hasn't got a serious case of 1 man target lock?

Some guys grow up and mature. I was hoping Lloyd was going to be an example of such. Odds aren't good, but there is always a chance. If he is going to revert to talented underacheiving malcontent I'll be glad to see the last of him.

chazoe60
09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
I hate Wide Receivers not named Ed or Rod. Buncha diva whiners

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Contract season, we all knew this was coming. It's why he pushed for Orton to be the QB. Every pass his way is more money he thinks he gets next year.

I hope he has a mediocre year and Decker catches 100 passes.

chazoe60
09-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Our QB and #1 WR are both playing for contracts and neither one gives a shit about this franchise.

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
I like how he endorses our shitty QB and then is surprised when the ball isn't getting to him enough.

LMAO!!! Hahahahaha

Dirk
09-29-2011, 05:37 PM
One word Brandon.....DECKER.....deal with it.

spikerman
09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Wow Brandon, maybe they can see you and cover you after all.

getlynched47
09-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Here's an interesting stat for you guys:

Brandon Lloyd only had one 100-yard receiving game in the last 8 games of the 2010 season.

Teams have figured him out IMO. He was a one year wonder. The chances of BLloyd being even remotely effective as he was last season are as good as the chances of Kyle Orton being liked by the fanbase.

Mike
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Bleh. So now we can expect the bum to be feeding him the ball this weekend. That'll lead to great results.

I swear, lately being a Bronco fan is more akin to S&M.

spikerman
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Bleh. So now we can expect the bum to be feeding him the ball this weekend. That'll lead to great results.

I swear, lately being a Bronco fan is more akin to S&M.

Unfortunately it's a lot more of the M than the S.

Slick
09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Wow Brandon, maybe they can see you and cover you after all.

Man, that crap is so ghey. it looked like he was doing it with decker once last week on the sidelines. I hope decker doesnt start doing it.

rationalfan
09-29-2011, 06:11 PM
this board is getting worse and worse.

chazoe60
09-29-2011, 06:12 PM

How so?

rcsodak
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
What? Most boards don't take player interviews out of context and bash their pro bowl, league leading players?

Hmmm.....or is it he didn't go out of his way to endorse TT?

I guess as long as his name isn't Timmy, he's open game. :shrugs:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

chazoe60
09-29-2011, 06:22 PM
What? Most boards don't take player interviews out of context and bash their pro bowl, league leading players?

Hmmm.....or is it he didn't go out of his way to endorse TT?

I guess as long as his name isn't Timmy, he's open game. :shrugs:

I think you're obsessed with Tebow. you bring him up in a much larger percentage of your posts than anyone not named Jgsbch or Bullgator.

It's okay RC, you'll get to see your mancrush soon enough, Orton is playing his way out.

Slick
09-29-2011, 06:26 PM
He actually did endorse tebow when everyone thought kyle was on his way out, rc.

I like Lloyd, i just don't like his "you cant see me celebration".

Northman
09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
He actually did endorse tebow when everyone thought kyle was on his way out, rc.

I like Lloyd, i just don't like his "you cant see me celebration".

I think he just endorsed Tebow because he thought Orton was on his way out. When Orton stayed he changed his tune real fast.

UnderArmour
09-29-2011, 06:42 PM
He's right. He is being underutilized. Put Tebow back there and teams will have to roll safeties up to account for him as a rushing threat so Lloyd will get more man coverage.

Bosco
09-29-2011, 07:07 PM
I can understand his frustration. He is a very talented deep receiver and McCoy and Fox stubbornly refuse to throw deep despite this. They are essentially trying to force him into being a type of receiver he was never intended nor wanted to be.

nevcraw
09-29-2011, 07:14 PM
ha ha!! called this too!! wants his money and his suga daddy has razor locked eyes firmly squared on the young buck wearing #87...
backed the wrong horse there LLoyd.. didnt u learn anything selling steel this summer??

nevcraw
09-29-2011, 07:18 PM
I can understand his frustration. He is a very talented deep receiver and McCoy and Fox stubbornly refuse to throw deep despite this. They are essentially trying to force him into being a type of receiver he was never intended nor wanted to be.

Orton takes the checkdown on almost every play.. hard to get the ball down the field throwing only 0-3 yds.

Dirk
09-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately.....just like Eddie.....Brandon can't get "open". Most of his catches last year were acrobatic or over a defender. The Broncos receivers just don't get "open". Brandon has great hands and the ability to make the "great" catch, but he get's no separation.

BroncoStud
09-29-2011, 09:51 PM

/Your opinion. :elefant:

silkamilkamonico
09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Id want out of our god forsaken run run dink and dunk completely inept offense too. This offense that McCoy and Fox have in place is worse than watching golf or auto racing.

For the first time last week im sitting there watching the broncos, and thinking how im missing out on some great football games around the NFL because im watching this garbage of a football team.

Davii
09-29-2011, 11:40 PM
I hate Wide Receivers not named Ed or Rod. Buncha diva whiners

What about ones named Eric?

BORDERLINE
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
It's three game in people. Fox runs a conservative offense from the looks of things. Brandon is a deep threat, this guy will make the most spectacular catches given the chances. Last year Orton was chucking up the ball like nobody's business (And even Tebow in the Raider game) and Llyod usually made the play. That's where Lloyd is good at and if he is not used in a way where he can use his skill set of course he is gonna be under utilized.

Krugan
09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
The win column is lonely too :tsk:

And its the only one that should be getting attention.

vandammage13
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Could B.Lloyd be a product of McD's system??

Probably too early in the season to tell, but it does say something that he was an average reciever for all of his career up until last year.

Then again, it probably does take someone special to put up those kind of numbers he did last year if Orton is your QB.

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Go figure. Well, maybe if he caught more balls that were thrown to him or worked harder to get open...

http://skinnypost.com/whats-the-skinny/brandon-lloyd-is-feeling-under-utilized/

So, apparently It's Mike McCoy's job to "get Brandon the ball?". I remember him dropping a TD pass week one vs the Raiders that hit him in the hands. maybe you should play better, Brandon...

I thought Orton and Lloyd have great chemistry.

We're we not told that Denver needed to run the ball more?

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 10:03 AM
He thinks he's underutilized because he was overutilized last year. One year wonder IMO. McFired force fed him the ball last year. He hadn't done crap before that.
I don't dislike the guy, just don't think he's that good is all.

Orton forced fed him the ball.

rationalfan
09-30-2011, 03:42 PM
/Your opinion. :elefant:

of course it is my opinion. that goes without saying.

but i can't be the only one here who feels like every single thread devolves into one of these debates:

1. "I hate (insert topic) and if you disagree I hate you."
2. "The team sucks and it's all Orton's/McD's/Shanahan's/Tebow's/Elway's/Etc.'s fault."
3. "I want to talk about the future (next year's draft, free agency 2015) and completely ignore the present."

I'm all for venting, but there is very little constructive/insightful dialogue left here. It's either clouded by the hatred/love of Tebowites or corrupted by the hatred of the people who helped destroy the Broncos' winning tradition.

Maybe my memories of the past are better than the past actually was but I remember coming here to read posts about why a particular play or scheme didn't work well in a game or finding a thread about a Broncos news item I hadn't previously found.

Now, it's a constant stream of Orton/Tebow arguments and the neverending blame game of why Denver sucks. Again, I don't think those things should be abolished, but I'd like some variety.

and, yes, this is my opinion.

BeefStew25
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Yawn

NightTerror218
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I do miss the ability of marshall. He could get open and power through defenders. Llyod makes some amazing catches. What was it yac (yard after catch) average last season?

bcbronc
09-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Lloyd should consider taking out a Billboard. "just give me the damn ball!"

Ravage!!!
09-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Shocking to see a WR that had his CAREER season (after being in the NFL 7 already) fall back down to earth the following year.

Buff
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM

but i can't be the only one here who feels like every single thread devolves into one of these debates:

2. "The team sucks and it's all Orton's/McD's/Shanahan's/Tebow's/Elway's/Etc.'s fault."
3. "I want to talk about the future (next year's draft, free agency 2015) and completely ignore the present."

I'm all for venting, but there is very little constructive/insightful dialogue left here. It's either clouded by the hatred/love of Tebowites or corrupted by the hatred of the people who helped destroy the Broncos' winning tradition.

Maybe my memories of the past are better than the past actually was but I remember coming here to read posts about why a particular play or scheme didn't work well in a game or finding a thread about a Broncos news item I hadn't previously found.

Now, it's a constant stream of Orton/Tebow arguments and the neverending blame game of why Denver sucks. Again, I don't think those things should be abolished, but I'd like some variety.

Maybe you and G can start a board for only the most intelligent, elite bronco fans.

G_Money
09-30-2011, 04:42 PM

I bailed out for a year because I wasn't fond of the signal-to-noise ratio here. It's not this board's fault - others are worse, and Bronco Nation lost its collective flipping mind over having its team tossed in the crapper by McD. This vitriol was around as soon as McD was hired, though, and got REALLY bad during his tenure.

We're actually on an upswing, funnily enough. Most people seem reconciled to sucking this year, which is not normal for this town. Mediocrity has been understood, but not suckitude. But by accepting sucking, there are only a few arguments left.

- how can this year be better/more useful to our next contending team (ie, Orton vs. Tebow)

- what pieces work and what don't (ie, what are our draft needs 3 weeks into the current season)

- venting when the frustration of losing and expecting to lose more boils over

I can't WAIT for Tebow to get in so we can talk about what he does successfully and what needs work, how the run game looks, whether conservative coaching will artificially cap our improvement potential, etc.

But right now it still feels like pre-season, except the losses count. This is a team on a trial run, extraordinarily thin at most positions and struggling against better teams.

When Tebow plays, the season will start. And we can finally get away from the "I hate your different opinion" posts, perhaps, since the team will stop keeping its future's nuts in a vice and making us all feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

Here's hoping, anyway. There are good things to talk about on D, but the major distraction of not playing the guy we most need to judge this year is wearing on most people.

Winning with some losses leads to constructive posts as people try to maximize winning and minimize the mistakes, and glean some insight.

Losing with very little hope of wins makes for fingerpointing and shouting matches, both in the locker room and the fan base.

Losing is bad for culture - it's just hard to avoid it with the roster we have. For some it's easier to put this year in a 3 year reference and know that all the annoyance of this year will be mitigated by the things we learn from it as we move forward.

Others like to scream and shout and throw things. To each his own.

But it's been a LONG time since we won much. This board calmed way down after Tebow got in last year and McD was fired, because we could assess The Future and wins/losses meant less than the process.

The front office interrupted The Process this year by their actions with Orton, thus putting The Future on hold. It's abrasive, which leads to abrasive posts.

Hopefully they put the sandpaper down soon so we can all take a deep breath, relax, and get back to productive football conversations. :salute:

~G

G_Money
09-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Maybe you and G can start a board for only the most intelligent, elite bronco fans.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This IS that board, dude. That's why I'm here - to talk to you.

~G

Dreadnought
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I bailed out for a year because I wasn't fond of the signal-to-noise ratio here. It's not this board's fault - others are worse, and Bronco Nation lost its collective flipping mind over having its team tossed in the crapper by McD. This vitriol was around as soon as McD was hired, though, and got REALLY bad during his tenure.

We're actually on an upswing, funnily enough. Most people seem reconciled to sucking this year, which is not normal for this town. Mediocrity has been understood, but not suckitude. But by accepting sucking, there are only a few arguments left.

- how can this year be better/more useful to our next contending team (ie, Orton vs. Tebow)

- what pieces work and what don't (ie, what are our draft needs 3 weeks into the current season)

I can't WAIT for Tebow to get in so we can talk about what he does successfully and what needs work, how the run game looks, whether conservative coaching will artificially cap our improvement potential, etc.

But right now it still feels like pre-season, except the losses count. This is a team on a trial run, extraordinarily thin at most positions and struggling against better teams.

When Tebow plays, the season will start. And we can finally get away from the "I hate your different opinion" posts, perhaps, since the team will stop keeping its future's nuts in a vice and making us all feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

Here's hoping, anyway. There are good things to talk about on D, but the major distraction of not playing the guy we most need to judge this year is wearing on most people.

Winning with some losses leads to constructive posts as people try to maximize winning and minimize the mistakes, and glean some insight.

Losing with very little hope of wins makes for fingerpointing and shouting matches, both in the locker room and the fan base.

Losing is bad for culture - it's just hard to avoid it with the roster we have. For some it's easier to put this year in a 3 year reference and know that all the annoyance of this year will be mitigated by the things we learn from it as we move forward.

But it's been a LONG time since we won much. This board calmed way down after Tebow got in last year and McD was fired, because we could assess The Future and wins/losses meant less than the process.

The front office interrupted The Process this year by their actions with Orton, thus putting The Future on hold. It's abrasive, which leads to abrasive posts.

Hopefully they put the sandpaper down soon so we can all take a deep breath, relax, and get back to productive football conversations. :salute:

~G

I think that sums it up tolerable well. Believe it or not I am even enjoying watching Orton suck this year more than I enjoyed watching him suck last year. I think there are a few good ballplayers on the roster, and some mid-range guys playing hard if not always well, as well as a few stiffs lucky to be pulling an NFL paycheck from anywhere.

That one big question needs answering though, and the suspense is killing us.

There is actually a lot less general negativity than was the case last year. In part this is because we are competitive; there is nothing that will test a fan's patience like letting the most loathesome team in the NFL drop 59 points on you. The worst of our problems was solved in week 13 of last season.

Mike
09-30-2011, 05:52 PM

~G

Good post.

I can handle the losses as long as the team is moving forward. Right now it is treading water. Hoping to make the best of a bad situation and looking for the player that gives us the "best chance" to win a game. The result is a completely disinterested fan base. I have never felt disinterested in the Broncos before last year (after Oakland debacle) and even moreso this year. Why be interested in a team that is playing players who are not a part of the future and the team loses anyway. Oh I still watch and will continue to, but I don't get upset at much anymore. Though I must confess that E and F's insistence that they stick with the bum because he gives us the "best chance" to win is damn near rubbing me raw and elevating my blood pressure.

In short, I am fine with rebuilding, but let's get to it. Tear off the band aid and move on.

rationalfan
09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I bailed out for a year because I wasn't fond of the signal-to-noise ratio here. It's not this board's fault - others are worse, and Bronco Nation lost its collective flipping mind over having its team tossed in the crapper by McD. ~G

good point. i often (um, always) blame the board for the moronic, vitriolic rants. it's the few users that contaminate the population.

semi-related: i love how people on here sometimes rip on me for the belief that I think I'm too smart or smarter than the others on the board or whatever. it's awesome; because I'm NEVER accused of being "smart" in real life. funny stuff.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
because I'm NEVER accused of being "smart" in real life.

:whistle:

:heh:

TXBRONC
09-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Two words for Brandon Lloyd.

Kyle Orton.

BeefStew25
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
good point. i often (um, always) blame the board for the moronic, vitriolic rants. it's the few users that contaminate the population.

semi-related: i love how people on here sometimes rip on me for the belief that I think I'm too smart or smarter than the others on the board or whatever. it's awesome; because I'm NEVER accused of being "smart" in real life. funny stuff.

Smarmy. Not smart.

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 10:52 PM

Denver was 4-12 last year. Over the past 3 seasons there has been a total destruction of the talent that was already here. We saw our young and improving QBOTF traded for a bum like Kyle Orton by a sawed-off hoody-wearing douchebag. We saw our exciting and balanced offense shipped out and replaced by a 1-dimensional high school spread subject to the terrible inadequacies of the QB (Orton) who is pulling the strings. We have seen our already bad defense get better, then worse, now better...

This all began the morning when Bowlen forgot where he was and decided to go fire Mike Shanahan only to replace him with a coach of lesser talent and the worst GM skills in NFL history. Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders made Matt Millen look like Bill Parcells. It's understandable why there is anger and frustration.

Orton is failing on his own merit and it has nothing to do with Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, or even Josh McDaniels, it has everything to do with Kyle Orton. Go ask the Chicago fans if they enjoyed the Orton vs Grossman years? Same crap, different year. Once Orton is gone Denver fans won't be so divided. Every day Elway moves us away from the McDaniels Era is a good thing for Denver fans, in my opinion.

Ravage!!!
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I think that sums it up tolerable well. Believe it or not I am even enjoying watching Orton suck this year more than I enjoyed watching him suck last year.

You know... I think you are right, and I think its because I had something more invested in Orton sucking last year. Everytime I watched him suck it up, and the Broncos lose... I could STILL rejoice in knowing that it was just one day closer to McDick getting fired. I don't have that complete distaste with Fox, at all.

So now, instead of watching Orton "suck for a cause"...I just get to watch Orton suck. :tsk:

Northman
10-01-2011, 10:41 AM

~G

Excellent post as usual G. :beer:

BroncoWave
10-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey Lloyd haters, he had 8 catches for 136 yards today. Want to keep going on about how he was a one year wonder who doesn't deserve the extra looks that he asked for?

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Lloyd would be a beast in a dynamic offense with a QB who didn't underthrow. An absolute beast.

BroncoWave
10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
And he would have had way better stats had his sweet diving over the shoulder catch not been called back on a penalty.

Northman
10-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I admit, i hate him. But he is backing it up. At least today.

Bosco
10-02-2011, 11:46 PM

Why do you hate Lloyd?

Northman
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Why do you hate Lloyd?

Just never cared for him. Comes across as a "me" type of player which i cant stand.

BroncoWave
10-02-2011, 11:56 PM

At least in both games I've been able to watch in their entirety this season (Oak, GB) he played very well. I'm fine with him being a me-first guy as long as he is producing.

Bosco
10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Just never cared for him. Comes across as a "me" type of player which i cant stand.

He was definitely a me first player for most of his career, but I think 2009 humbled him a bit. He seems to be much improved.

Northman
10-02-2011, 11:57 PM
At least in both games I've been able to watch in their entirety this season (Oak, GB) he played very well. I'm fine with him being a me-first guy as long as he is producing.

Hopefully he can hold onto the ball too.

Northman
10-02-2011, 11:59 PM
He was definitely a me first player for most of his career, but I think 2009 humbled him a bit. He seems to be much improved.

He's improved on the field at least. Attitude still seems the same to me.

BroncoWave
10-03-2011, 12:01 AM
When it comes to WRs though, you pretty much have to expect them to be divas and deal with it.

Northman
10-03-2011, 12:04 AM
When it comes to WRs though, you pretty much have to expect them to be divas and deal with it.

Indeed. He is still a dickwad though.

silkamilkamonico
10-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I don't mind me first douches if they produce on the field. I loved Marshall here and he was twice as bad of a me first douche as Lloyd is.

Northman
10-03-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't mind me first douches if they produce on the field. I loved Marshall here and he was twice as bad of a me first douche as Lloyd is.

Well Lloyd isnt quite up to where Marshall is but i agree about the douchieness. I just want a player like Smith, Easy Ed, and even now Decker. Guys who go out and take care of business but keep their mouths shut in front of the mic.

Dreadnought
10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Well Lloyd isnt quite up to where Marshall is but i agree about the douchieness. I just want a player like Smith, Easy Ed, and even now Decker. Guys who go out and take care of business but keep their mouths shut in front of the mic.

Exactly. Just because a lot of WR's tend to act like douches doesn't mean we have to like it. Plenty don't act like A-holes, too. I've never heard of Calvin Johnson acting like a wazoo, either, and none of these guys hold a candle to him.

Frankly, B. Lloyd can **** now as far as I'm concerned. He is replaceable and not all that special. B. Marshall made it a tougher call, due to remarkable ability - but I don't miss his act either. Plus, I think the locker room disruption jerks like these bring outweighs whatever they do on the field in the end.

BroncoStud
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
For too long now we have had the me-first guys like Lloyd and Orton... They seem to be ok with losing as long as they have individual statistical success. Those guys don't typically make for a good, successful lockerroom.

He's talented, he's playing well, but for some reason I just can't get comfortable with him on this team.

Buff
10-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't see B-Lloyd as a me-first player. I think he is honest to a fault, and talks too much, and isn't all that interesting at the end of the day... But I like the guy. He is a great route runner and has very strong hands.

I can understand the frustration of good WR's who are at the mercy of the QB throwing them the ball. Lloyd is coming off a career year, in which the offense was much better, and he feels like he can help them win. I can't blame him for that. It's not like he's going all T.O. or B-Marsh and throwing teammates/coaches under the bus.

Plus, the guy actually outperformed his contract last year and didn't make a peep. He was humble and understood that we took a chance on him when a lot of teams weren't willing to.

Northman
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't see B-Lloyd as a me-first player. I think he is honest to a fault, and talks too much, and isn't all that interesting at the end of the day...

Oh, he is. Its the sole reason why he couldnt wait to blab to the media bout getting more involved. The dude is looking for a payday, he hasnt had one and last year wetted his appetite in a pass heavy offense. Yes, he talks way too much and its a distraction. He needs to **** and just play ball. You want more touches? Talk to the coach and your QB, not to the press. As Dread pointed out there are plenty of very good receivers who dont yap all day long and every chance they get about this or that. Dude possess talent no doubt, but **** already and worry about what you do on the field and not what gets printed.

Buff
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh, he is. Its the sole reason why he couldnt wait to blab to the media bout getting more involved. The dude is looking for a payday, he hasnt had one and last year wetted his appetite in a pass heavy offense. Yes, he talks way too much and its a distraction. He needs to **** and just play ball. You want more touches? Talk to the coach and your QB, not to the press. As Dread pointed out there are plenty of very good receivers who dont yap all day long and every chance they get about this or that. Dude possess talent no doubt, but **** already and worry about what you do on the field and not what gets printed.

I think you're blowing one quote way out of proportion. The guy could have made a stink for more money coming off an All-Pro season last year but he didn't. He hasn't criticized the front office. He hasn't bad mouthed teammates. He just said he wants the ball more, and frankly, I want us to get him the ball more. He is coming off an All-Pro season, afterall.

Northman
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I think you're blowing one quote way out of proportion. The guy could have made a stink for more money coming off an All-Pro season last year but he didn't. He hasn't criticized the front office. He hasn't bad mouthed teammates. He just said he wants the ball more, and frankly, I want us to get him the ball more. He is coming off an All-Pro season, afterall.

I never said he was the root of all evil. And what was he going to say last year? McD was fired and he had no idea what was going to happen. As for him getting the ball more it doesnt matter to me as long as he holds onto the ball. Right now though, Decker is outperforming him and getting TD's and i hope that trend continues. I dont care about Brandon's yards, i care about points.

slim
10-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I like how they tried throwing the WR screen to Lloyd in order to get him more involved.

Does anyone think that running after the catch is one of Brandon's strengths? More importantly, do the coaches even know the strengths/weaknesses of their players?

Buff
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I never said he was the root of all evil. And what was he going to say last year? McD was fired and he had no idea what was going to happen. As for him getting the ball more it doesnt matter to me as long as he holds onto the ball. Right now though, Decker is outperforming him and getting TD's and i hope that trend continues. I dont care about Brandon's yards, i care about points.

Well, you did say "I hate him."

And to be fair, Decker is probably getting open - in part - because the #1 coverage look is going to Lloyd.

I am not ready to put Lloyd in the WR diva category just yet.

GEM
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I would be complaining too if I were completely open on the 10 freaking yd line, had to stop, turn around and come back for a ball and miss an easy TD.

Dreadnought
10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, you did say "I hate him."

And to be fair, Decker is probably getting open - in part - because the #1 coverage look is going to Lloyd.

I am not ready to put Lloyd in the WR diva category just yet.

He did arrive with a bit of a rep as a loafer and underachiever, Buff. Guys like that should get a very short leash. It would have been nice for him to keep his trap shut and perform like he did in '10, instead of weighing in on stuff he'd be better off not weighing in on.

Buff
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
He did arrive with a bit of a rep as a loafer and underachiever, Buff. Guys like that should get a very short leash. It would have been nice for him to keep his trap shut and perform like he did in '10, instead of weighing in on stuff he'd be better off not weighing in on.

I don't know Dread, if we were having this conversation last year I might agree, but the guy did put up an All-Pro season... Which doesn't give him a free pass to complain every week, but it does buy him enough good will to get away with the quote in the OP (IMO).

Dreadnought
10-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't know Dread, if we were having this conversation last year I might agree, but the guy did put up an All-Pro season... Which doesn't give him a free pass to complain every week, but it does buy him enough good will to get away with the quote in the OP (IMO).

I admit I have a very short fuze with Prima Donna WR's. Its a personal tic. I ask myself "What would Rod Smith do" and compare it to the guy in question.

slim
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I admit I have a very short fuze with Prima Donna WR's. Its a personal tic. I ask myself "What would Rod Smith do" and compare it to the guy in question.

When in doubt, beat the snot out of your old lady?

Northman
10-03-2011, 03:25 PM
When in doubt, beat the snot out of your old lady?

Only if she begs for more "playtime".

Foochacho
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM
I like how they tried throwing the WR screen to Lloyd in order to get him more involved.

Does anyone think that running after the catch is one of Brandon's strengths? More importantly, do the coaches even know the strengths/weaknesses of their players?

I noticed that too, was wondering when he became Darren Sproles.