PDA

View Full Version : Nnamdi Asomugha......Denver Bronco

WARHORSE
12-17-2008, 02:05 AM
I love this guy. Talk about a killer addition to the team. Pure speculation on my part, just havin fun......but can you imagine?

Should he be available to the Broncos, what would that mean? Seriously.

Can anyone imagine QBs having to throw at Champ and Nnamdi all day long? Can you imagine the pressure on opposing QBs, doing that all game long?

Another thing. Nnamdi was a safety in college. A very good safety. They moved him to corner in the NFL. He hits hard, and has unbelievable range. Think of the flexibility of our defense if we had this guy playing at FS. He could move to corner in the blink of an eye, sending the corner off the edge. Who would know when it was coming? Snap of the ball, the corner blazes towards the QB, and Nnamdi blazes towards the hot read. Thats enough pressure to send even Tom Brady to the psyche ward.

Thats a dream view of course................but ya never know in this land of uncapped years upcoming.............:salute:

Besides. When it comes to giving out huge contracts.............which scenario would you rather see:

Signing Albert Haynesworth to a huge contract, and drafting safeties and LBers.

Or signing Asomugha and drafting DL/S/LBers?

One overiding difference for me is, I know for a fact Asomugha is worth the money, and is going to kick butt.

Do we really know that about Haynesworth considering his past indiscretions?

I'll take Asomugha. Draft one safety or a big DT/DE in round one, or a LBer, or a pass rushing threat. Cover the rest throughout the rest of the draft.

Asomugha at free safety, Barrett at SS, Bly and Champ at corners, W. Woodyard at WLB, DJ back in the middle, Winborn SLB, Crowder add weight and muscle play DT with Thomas, add the best DL pass rushers with the first two picks in the draft.

You could play Barrett in the box all day with this set. Cause Asomugha can cover the centerfield with Bly and Champ. You could basically rush four to six on every down, and they would never know where it was coming from. They would have to cover four LBers on every play.

You could disguise the blitz like no one is having to deal with in this entire league in your base packages. A 4-4-3 if you would.

No one would run. And no one would pass

Requiem / The Dagda
12-17-2008, 02:06 AM
Trade Champ, sign this guy.

Hawgdriver
12-17-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm with you. If we had just one beast on the D-line who could consistently generate pressure (plus Doom!!) and a decent secondary, we would win championships.*

*assumes Broncos carry 18 running backs on the roster.

DenBronx
12-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Trade Champ, sign this guy.

i said that earlier in the year and got flamed for it. really if we traded champ we would walk with at least a 1st and 3rd. then resign nnamdi who is really a younger bailey. their contracts would cancell out and we could use the draft picks. champs no spring chicken anymore and id love to see us get something for him while we can.

now, how do we axe bly? :confused:

Shazam!
12-17-2008, 02:46 AM
I agree. Love Champ, but they can get incredible value for him even though he was injured this season. A 1st and 3rd would be sweet.

JayCutler6
12-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Champ is alright. We don't need to trade him. Keep him, and add on Asomugha. Deadly combo right there.

CrazyHorse
12-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Champ and Asomugha won't do anything if there isn't a pass rush and the Quarterback has all day to throw. Does anyone remember the Bly acquisition and how we were supposed to have 2 great corners? Didn't work out so well did it. With a great D-Line our CB play would improve.

PatricktheDookie
12-17-2008, 03:19 AM
^ This

DenBronx
12-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Champ and Asomugha won't do anything if there isn't a pass rush and the Quarterback has all day to throw. Does anyone remember the Bly acquisition and how we were supposed to have 2 great corners? Didn't work out so well did it. With a great D-Line our CB play would improve.

although that would give me wet dreams, i dont think its a possiblity that we would have nnamdi and champ both as broncos. we would have to trade champ. basically we would get value for champ now and not have a decline at cb if we signed nnamdi.

WARHORSE
12-17-2008, 04:45 AM
You dont trade Champ. He is a consumate professional. Send Champ to the wrong team and you could lose your lockeroom. As for Champ and Nnamdi not being able to play without a pass rush...........uh.........they are on an entirely different level from Dre Bly. They BOTH tackle, and they BOTH are glove blanketing CBs. You may make some completions......but you will pay sooner or later.

WARHORSE
12-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Id give my left nut for Asomugha to be wearing orange and blue next year.:coffee:

NameUsedBefore
12-17-2008, 05:55 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/MajinBroly/clip0210.gif

Northman
12-17-2008, 06:21 AM
No way the Faid let him go.

honz
12-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Al Davis is senile...not stupid.

dogfish
12-17-2008, 07:40 AM
franchise tag. . .

:wave:

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Is he going to be a free agent next year? No doubt he is the best in the league. If he is, hopefully he says something to piss Davis off to the point that he doesn't want him. He has been a little critical of the way Davis handles the team. Even with our crappy DL , he and Champ together would be sick!

Dirk
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
That would be great. But we need a beast DE. Like I have said before, I like Elvis but he isn't the answer. Great heart but just not big enough. We need to replace Elvis.

Shanahan's loyalty is one of his biggest problems as we all know.

CoachChaz
12-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Asomugha doesnt even belong in Silver and Black. If anyone was ever the anti-thesis over Raider mentality, it's him. Yeah...it would be incredible to have him next to Champ, but that's just never going to happen. The 2 best corners in the NFL on the same team? The 2010 salary cap issue says it can happen, but realistically, I just dont see it happening.

Ziggy
12-17-2008, 08:33 AM
He is an UFA, but Oakland will slap the franchise tag on him.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 08:36 AM
He is an UFA, but Oakland will slap the franchise tag on him.

It would be intresting to see just what kind of cap shape the Raiders will be in next year. They have dished out some HUGE contracts recently. Franchising Asomugha might put them in a huge bind.

Devilspawn
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
QBs had all day to throw for the past 3 years.

In 2006, Aso had 8 picks.

The next two years, no TDs given up, less than 40 completions on him and aside from Dwayne Bowe and Vincent Jackson, no long gains on him. I think he is slightly overrated because he hasn't been tested repeatedly, but better than 99% of the corners out there.

Sunday vs. Moss he was flagged QUESTIONABLE three times and gave up three catches in the teens each. That's considered torching him.

Tell you one thing though, if you sign Aso (yeah right) but Champ is gone, you'll have the same situation, Dre Bly getting picked on repeatedly, tons of yards and a corner who's lonely out there.

I have a suspicion that if Asomugha walks, he goes to the Giants. But I have a bigger feeling he's staying one way or the other.

broncofaninfla
12-17-2008, 10:10 AM
QBs had all day to throw for the past 3 years.

In 2006, Aso had 8 picks.

The next two years, no TDs given up, less than 40 completions on him and aside from Dwayne Bowe and Vincent Jackson, no long gains on him. I think he is slightly overrated because he hasn't been tested repeatedly, but better than 99% of the corners out there.

Sunday vs. Moss he was flagged QUESTIONABLE three times and gave up three catches in the teens each. That's considered torching him.

Tell you one thing though, if you sign Aso (yeah right) but Champ is gone, you'll have the same situation, Dre Bly getting picked on repeatedly, tons of yards and a corner who's lonely out there.

I have a suspicion that if Asomugha walks, he goes to the Giants. But I have a bigger feeling he's staying one way or the other.

I've read where he has been critical of Davis. Do you think it would ever get to the point where he pisses the old man off to the point where Davis cuts ties with him?

Devilspawn
12-17-2008, 10:32 AM
I've read where he has been critical of Davis. Do you think it would ever get to the point where he pisses the old man off to the point where Davis cuts ties with him?
Not impossible but I'm not sure.

Dortoh
12-17-2008, 10:37 AM

QFT fix the Dline and all will be well in Bronco land. Well that and a new Safety or two and a MLB and a RB......:D

*edit fire Slowik

LRtagger
12-17-2008, 10:43 AM
This is what everyone was saying when we signed Bly. OMG WE HAVE DRE BLY AND CHAMP BAILEY WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE.

Unfortunately, without a good safety tandem, good linebackers, and a pass rush...having two elite corners means little.

If we had a pass rush, Dre Bly would be more than adequate.

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm sure Nnamdi would love to come to Denver, where he can consistently play 8-10 yards off the WR. I think if he came to DEnver he would quickly become the most overrated CB in the NFL, due to the simple fact Denver has no pass rush.

UnderArmour
12-17-2008, 04:39 PM
If we could have Champ and Asomugha... Wow. I'd almost be willing dish out two first round picks for that.

Buff
12-17-2008, 04:48 PM
This is what everyone was saying when we signed Bly. OMG WE HAVE DRE BLY AND CHAMP BAILEY WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE.

Unfortunately, without a good safety tandem, good linebackers, and a pass rush...having two elite corners means little.

QFT...

They're only as good as their front 7...

bengaaaaals1688
12-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Huge difference... Asomougha is much better than Bly has ever been. Bly looked good by being on a bad team (I realize Asomougha is, too), while Asomougha has literally not been thrown at out of fear of what he can do. I think he is a little overrated right now, but the man has skills that Bly has never possessed.

NameUsedBefore
12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Asomugha and Bailey transcend the "good as their front seven" theory, IMO.

But I'm not sure if I'd still want them over a solid front seven and a great cover scheme, a la Pittsburgh.

Bronco4ever
12-17-2008, 06:18 PM
That would be great. But we need a beast DE. Like I have said before, I like Elvis but he isn't the answer. Great heart but just not big enough. We need to replace Elvis.

Shanahan's loyalty is one of his biggest problems as we all know.

I hope you don't mean you want him off the roster. The problem with Elvis is that he is a situational player that shouldn't be starting. If Crowder and Moss develop into starting positions, we could use Doom more effectively off the bench. It's hard to use Doom correctly if he is forced into a roll that doesn't suit his abilities.

Superchop 7
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Spend the $$ on Peppers or Haynesworth.

Better investment.

dogfish
12-17-2008, 08:49 PM
i think we should get adrian peterson and demarcus ware. . . .

WARHORSE
12-17-2008, 10:38 PM
i think we should get adrian peterson and demarcus ware. . . .

geeeeezzzzzzzz..........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................... ..:coffee: