PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Restructured Contract?

Shazam!
09-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Possible breaking news -

Just saw this, was emailed to me -

Tebow Restructures His Contract

September 28th, 2011

Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos quietly restructured his contract recently. It was originally fill with massive incentives that revolved around playing time, but was replaced with more guaranteed money up front and lowered the escalators he previously had.

1st year of contract – clause said if he played 35% of the offensive snaps last year, he’d have gotten a 2 million bonus.

2nd year and next year of contract – bonus is if Tebow plays in 45% of offensive snaps this year OR next, he collects the bonus. The bonus was originally set at $2.7 million, but with the restructuring it is now only about $1 million.

FULL STORY - http://www.tebowzone.com/2011/09/tebow-restructures-his-contract/

Makes me believe IF there is any truth to this (I have yet to see it reported anywhere else) that TEBOW TIME IS COMING. Oh Lord I hope so...

IF ANY OTHER SOURCES ARE FOUND PLEASE SHARE.

Dirk
09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Possible breaking news -

Just saw this, was emailed to me -

Makes me believe IF there is any truth to this (I have yet to see it reported anywhere else) that TEBOW TIME IS COMING. Oh Lord I hope so...

IF ANY OTHER SOURCES ARE FOUND PLEASE SHARE.

OMG I hope so! Not that I think Tebow is the 2nd coming....but because I know Orton isn't the answer and want to see if Tebow is. ::Crosses Fingers::

Shazam!
09-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Tebow brings SO MUCH to the table that KO doesnt have.

I know about his skillset and criticisms but all that talent HAS to translate to the NFL in some way.

He can definitely put this team back on the radar and opposing defenses will have to take him into consideration, and I dont mean just gameplanning to face an inexperienced rookie.

TT can help this offense right away, I firmly believe if TT was in the game Sunday Denver could've won.

Tned
09-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Here's the thread I started this afternoon: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289887

camdisco24
09-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Interesting if true... not sure about the source so I'll reserve further comment until 100%

All I'll say is: this could be great news for TT lovers, but it could also be horrible news depending on your stance.

Shazam!
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Here's the thread I started this afternoon: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289887

right. I read some of that thread. But the bonuses for snaps TT takes has been lowered substantially IF the source is correct.

All I'll say is: this could be great news for TT lovers, but it could also be horrible news depending on your stance

Agreed. Kyle Orton's family will be upset.

MOtorboat
09-28-2011, 08:27 PM

This is just a complete bastardization of the information relayed by Kreckman this afternoon, right?

Kreckman was simply stating that it wasn't ever a one-incentive escalator, but a series of escalators that resulted in $11 million, no?

Thus, more much-a-do about nothing...

DenBronx
09-28-2011, 08:34 PM
very interesting.

there would be no point at a restructure if it didnt involve the escalators right? so basically it looks like tebows contract would be more performanced based then if he would actually just go in and play 55% or more of the snaps.

looks like timmy is itching so bad to play he doesnt care if he was making 100 grand for the whole year.

would orton do this? just curious....

Tned
09-28-2011, 08:35 PM
right. I read some of that thread. But the bonuses for snaps TT takes has been lowered substantially IF the source is correct.

Agreed. Kyle Orton's family will be upset.

Someone posted on Mania they heard the same thing I posted I heard from Kreckman. The Tebowzone guy took that and filled in a lot of blanks with his imagination.

It wasn't substantially reduced. To give you an idea of substantial, Tebow got a $6 million roster bonus during training camp. This reported $1.7 mil drop is nothing.

Kreckman's point was to debunk the rumor that Tebow's contact ever was a reason he wasn't playing. Anyway, I detailed it all in a series of posts in that thread, and since i'm on a tablet, not going to repeat it all here.

Tned
09-28-2011, 08:37 PM
very interesting.

there would be no point at a restructure if it didnt involve the escalators right? so basically it looks like tebows contract would be more performanced based then if he would actually just go in and play 55% or more of the snaps.

looks like timmy is itching so bad to play he doesnt care if he was making 100 grand for the whole year.

would orton do this? just curious....

Wrong, read the thread I linked to above.

MO, correct. Complete bastardization of fourth party info by Tebowzone.

DenBronx
09-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Wrong, read the thread I linked to above.

MO, correct. Complete bastardization of fourth party info by Tebowzone.

Ok, I just had signed on and this was the first thread I had read.

So the Tebowzone article is false then? Got it.

Thanks for the clear up.

Tned
09-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Ok, I just had signed on and this was the first thread I had read.

So the Tebowzone article is false then? Got it.

Thanks for the clear up.

False? Might be a little harsh. It's a fan taking a small fact and weaving a whole lot of "hope" into his post about why what Kreckman said means that it was done for Tebow to start.

Kreckman was exactly the opposite. He was trying to debunk the whole 55% / $11 million escalator being a reason that Tebow wasn't starting. Basically, his point was that that escalator has been misreported the last month or so, and that it was a virtually unreachable escalator that required MUCH more than just taking 55% of the snaps.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Hey T - did you text one of the sports shows in Denver today? I don't remember if it was the fan or the ticket, but they said "from T-Ned". I think it was on the ticket.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Shazam!
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
...but, if the escalators in his contract were reduced, that would mean they plan to start Tebow or trade him to another team where he could start right away (Jax).

The 'his contract doubles' or he is paid a large amount isn't being disputed. The numbers posted consider actual, but if they were reduced, that changes the whole dynamic, as Den FO plans to play him very soon.

That's what I take from all stories I read.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Not sure paying him more up front means trade. That really doesn't make too much sense either.

Tned
09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey T - did you text one of the sports shows in Denver today? I don't remember if it was the fan or the ticket, but they said "from T-Ned". I think it was on the ticket.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Yea, it was the ticket. They read two of my texts. The first the guys said, I think you pronounce it T Ned. Then later, when I sent him the "fans wanted BVP" text, I also sent him a text saying how to pronounce it and that I ran BF, he said, here's another from Tned, who runs the BroncosForums.com site... and then read the BVP text.

Getting the word out about BF.

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I must have missed that second one... Nice job!

Tned
09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
...but, if the escalators in his contract were reduced, that would mean they plan to start Tebow or trade him to another team where he could start right away (Jax).

The 'his contract doubles' or he is paid a large amount isn't being disputed. The numbers posted consider actual, but if they were reduced, that changes the whole dynamic, as Den FO plans to play him very soon.

That's what I take from all stories I read.

I listened to Kreckman, and he never said anything along the lines of what Tebowzone is stating. Also, even before it was reduced (whatever the reason), you are talking the difference between $1 million and $2.7 million for a starting QB. This is chump change. They just paid Orton $9 million. Do you honestly think they, or another team, would blink at $2.7 million if they thought he would win them games? That was Kreckman's whole point. The contract has nothing to do with why Tebow isn't playing, but since Tebowzone got it fourth hand, they filled in a lot of blanks from their "Tebow hope" and painted a different picture.

Tned
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
I must have missed that second one... Nice job!

They also used my question at the end of Tuesday's Elway Live show. I've been on a role this week.

dogfish
09-29-2011, 04:06 AM
They also used my question at the end of Tuesday's Elway Live show. I've been on a role this week.

we'll call you hollywood from now on. . . :heh:

:cool: