PDA

View Full Version : Pro bowl selections

broncofaninfla
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Cutler and Marshall made it

broken12
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Wow suprised to see no Clady, Thomas got in and what i seen last night wasnt deserving!!
AFC Offense

Quarterback
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis
Brett Favre, New York Jets
Jay Cutler, Denver

Running Back
Thomas Jones, New York Jets
Chris Johnson, Tennessee
Ronnie Brown, Miami

Fullback
Le'Ron McClain, Baltimore

Wide Receiver
Andre Johnson, Houston
Brandon Marshall, Denver
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis
Wes Welker, New England

Tight End
Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City
Antonio Gates, San Diego

Tackle
Joe Thomas, Cleveland
Jason Peters, Buffalo
Michael Roos, Tennessee

Guard
Alan Faneca, New York Jets
Kris Dielman, San Diego
Brian Waters, Kansas City

Center
Kevin Mawae, Tennessee
Nick Mangold, New York Jets

AFC Defense

Defensive End
Mario Williams, Houston
Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis
Robert Mathis, Indianapolis

Defensive Tackle
Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee
Kris Jenkins, New York Jets
Shaun Rogers, Cleveland

Outside Linebacker
James Harrison, Pittsburgh
Joey Porter, Miami
Terrell Suggs, Baltimore

Inside Linebacker
Ray Lewis, Baltimore
James Farrior, Pittsburgh

Cornerback
Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland
Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee
Darrelle Revis, New York Jets

Free Safety
Ed Reed, Baltimore

Strong Safety
Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh
Chris Hope, Tennessee

AFC Special Teams

Punter
Shane Lechler, Oakland

Placekicker
Stephen Gostkowski, New England

Kick Returner
Leon Washington, New York Jets

Special Teamer
Brendon Ayanbadejo, Baltimore

NFC Offense

Quarterback
Kurt Warner, Arizona
Drew Brees, New Orleans
Eli Manning, New York Giants

Running Back
Adrian Peterson, Minnesota
Michael Turner, Atlanta
Clinton Portis, Washington

Fullback
Mike Sellers, Washington

Wide Receiver
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
Anquan Boldin, Arizona
Steve Smith, Carolina
Roddy White, Atlanta

Tight End
Jason Witten, Dallas
Chris Cooley, Washington

Tackle
Jordan Gross, Carolina
Walter Jones, Seattle
Chris Samuels, Washington

Guard
Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota
Chris Snee, New York Giants
Leonard Davis, Dallas

Center
Andre Gurode, Dallas
Shaun O'Hara, New York Giants

NFC Defense

Defensive End
Julius Peppers, Carolina
Justin Tuck, New York Giants
Jared Allen, Minnesota

Defensive Tackle
Kevin Williams, Minnesota
Jay Ratliff, Dallas
Pat Williams, Minnesota

Outside Linebacker
DeMarcus Ware, Dallas
Lance Briggs, Chicago
Derrick Brooks, Tampa Bay

Inside Linebacker
Patrick Willis, San Francisco
Jon Beason, Carolina

Cornerback
Charles Woodson, Green Bay
Antoine Winfield, Minnesota
Asante Samuel, Philadelphia

Free Safety
Nick Collins, Green Bay
Brian Dawkins, Philadelphia

Strong Safety
Adrian Wilson, Arizona

NFC Special teams

Punter
Jeff Feagles, New York Giants

Placekicker
John Carney, New York Giants

Kick Returner
Clifton Smith, Tampa Bay

Special Teamer
Sean Morey, Arizona

broncofaninfla
12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Sure wish Clady would have made this list

bcbronc
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
none of our dline made it? more proof that the probowl is just a popularity contest.

Buff
12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
No Bailey-- which is fair since he hasn't played most of the season, but surprising given fan voting.

shank
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
our whole o-line should be going to hawaii

Buff
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
none of our dline made it? more proof that the probowl is just a popularity contest.

Ummm, you realize our d-line sucks right?

Gamechanger
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Phillicia got snubbed......LAWL

Nomad
BS! Glad to see BRONCOS make it but Clady was more consistent than Cutler or Marshall. Clady should be going to Hawaii as well!

No one from the BRONCOS defense deserved a sniff at the Pro Bowl!!

JKcatch724
Clady wasn't even on the list of snubs for the afc.

WEAK!

GEM
12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Ummm, you realize our d-line sucks right?

BC always lays the sarcasm on thick. :lol:

JKcatch724
12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Phyllis got shafted though

:laugh:

Nomad
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Phyllis got shafted though

:laugh:

Mike and Mike was sure he would get the nod over Cutler!:lol:

broncofaninfla
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
In just their third year in the NFL, Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall have made their mark upon the league.
Cutler and Marshall will represent the Denver Broncos in the Pro Bowl.
It began with fan voters who made them two of the top vote getters, and now it is official after players and coaches around the league have voted.
It marks the first time for both players at the annual all-star game, which will be played on Sunday, Feb. 8, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu at 2:30 p.m. MST and will be televised by NBC.

Cutler, who leads the AFC and ranks third in the league with 3,851 passing yards, is the third Broncos quarterback to be named to the Pro Bowl, joining John Elway (nine selections) and Brian Griese (one selection), and is the first Denver passer to receive the honor since Griese in 2000.
“With as many talented and deserving quarterbacks as there are in the AFC, I was honored and a little surprised this morning when I found out I was named to the Pro Bowl,” Cutler said. “It’s a great individual award that definitely should be shared among a lot of my teammates, especially the offensive line for how well they’ve protected me, and our coaching staff for preparing me to play every week. My primary concern right now is winning Sunday against the Bills and getting into the playoffs, but to be recognized by the league and fans with getting voted into the Pro Bowl is special.”
Marshall, who is tied for fifth in the NFL with 88 receptions, was named a starter for the game. He is the seventh Broncos wide receiver to be named to the Pro Bowl and the first since Rod Smith in 2005.
“It means a lot to be voted in by your peers and the coaches from around the league,” Marshall said. “For me, it means a lot more to lead the fan vote because it shows me that they support the guys who have their heads on straight and try to do the right things. I’ve worked hard this season to prove that day in, day out, both on and off the field. I’m very thankful for this honor. I’ve called everyone in my phone. Come Wednesday, it’s time to re-focus on Buffalo and do what we have to do to get into the playoffs.”

topscribe
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I just cannot believe that Roos is not first-team and that Clady didn't make it at all. :tsk:

But congrats to Cutler and Marshall !! They have become two of the best. :salute:

*and Phyllis isn't there* :dance:

-----

JKcatch724
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Is it just me or is the NFC waaay more loaded with talent?

CrazyHorse
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
So how many Redskins made it? Just wondering.

CoachChaz
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Clady definately deserved it over Cutler

topscribe
12-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Kris Jenkins of the Jets is a starter.

Shows how good Wiegmann is, even though he didn't get a sniff for the Pro Bowl.

And Kuper, with NO sacks this year, is a starter in my heart . . .

-----

Gamechanger
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Phyllicia got snubbed.....LAWL

but how Dallas Clark did not make it and Antonio Gates did just pisses me off :tsk:

oh yea i'd like to see the chemistry between Marshall and Manning, hope they hook up a few times then he can see which horse team and QB is better ;)

Ziggy
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Most of us knew that Clady wouldn't make it, even though he deserved it. Joe Thomas got the nod, but Clady outplayed him all year long.

The alternates have yet to be named, right?

Maybe he'll get named as one of those. He certainly should.

-----

GEM
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Completely agree. If it weren't for Clady, Cutler would have eaten grass or risked serious injury. That is just plain disafriggenpointing. :tsk:

Ziggy
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm not even going to get into Jason Peters and his 11 and 1/2 sacks given up this season. @!^$%

BroncoWave
12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
On ESPN, Trent Dilfer and Mike Golic were throwing a hissy fit about Cutler making it over Rivers. Golic said there was no way to justify Culter going over Rivers and Dilfer agreed. Then, not 20 minutes later, Dilfer was bitching about Rodgers getting in over Ngata at DT in the AFC, and his reasoning was that players on winning teams should get preference. Um, HELLLLOOOO! Look and Cuter's team and Rivers' team's records.

How the hell do these morons get jobs?

GEM
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
On ESPN, Trent Dilfer and Mike Golic were throwing a hissy fit about Cutler making it over Rivers. Golic said there was no way to justify Culter going over Rivers and Dilfer agreed. Then, not 20 minutes later, Dilfer was bitching about Rodgers getting in over Ngata at DT in the AFC, and his reasoning was that players on winning teams should get preference. Um, HELLLLOOOO! Look and Cuter's team and Rivers' team's records.

Can't stand listening to Mike&Mike in the Morning. They change their tune every time it fits their arguement. :tsk:

Mike
12-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Rivers deserved to make it. Not over Cutler, but certainly over Favre.

PatricktheDookie
12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
If Rivers hadn't annoyed a great portion of the NFL fanbase with his antics, he might have gotten a few more fan votes.

LRtagger
12-16-2008, 05:18 PM
I was actually looking forward to seeing Cutler and Rivers on the same sideline and in the same locker room :lol:

topscribe
12-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I was actually looking forward to seeing Cutler and Rivers on the same sideline and in the same locker room :lol:

Actually, I am much more thrilled thinking of Rivers watching Cutler on TV. :D

-----

Orange Habit
12-16-2008, 05:20 PM
I agree, but I can't be too angry right now, simply because, as has been noted, Cutler made it in and a certain someone else didn't. :D

sanluis
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Congrats to Brandon and Cutler. They, along with the young Mr. Royal make up part of a great tandem of offensive weapons. Good thing too, or you guys would have lost a lot of games with that weak cheese D you have there in Denver!!!:lol:

Maybe they are saving the rookie of the year award for that Clady kid? He sure has been great...... damn it!:D

topscribe
12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Congrats to Brandon and Cutler. They, along with the young Mr. Royal make up part of a great tandem of offensive weapons. Good thing too, or you guys would have lost a lot of games with that weak cheese D you have there in Denver!!!:lol:

Maybe they are saving the rookie of the year award for that Clady kid? He sure has been great...... damn it!:D

Not a word about Rivers?

That's the kind of class I've learned to expect from you, SanLuis. :salute:

-----

JKcatch724
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

The argument shouldn't be about Rivers and Cutler, it should be about Rivers and Favre. IMO Favre doesn't deserve this at all.

It should be:
Manning
Cutler
Rivers

In that order.

BroncoWave
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
The argument shouldn't be about Rivers and Cutler, it should be about Rivers and Favre. IMO Favre doesn't deserve this at all.

It should be:
Manning
Cutler
Rivers

In that order.

Agreed. Also, they were trying to say on NFL Live that Pennington and Cassel should have made it before Cutler and Favre which is utterly ridiculous. You can argue them getting in over Favre but their numbers aren't even in the same ballpark as Cuter. Thier numbers are more comparable to David Garrard than they are to Cutler.

JKcatch724
12-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Agreed. Also, they were trying to say on NFL Live that Pennington and Cassel should have made it before Cutler and Favre which is utterly ridiculous. You can argue them getting in over Favre but their numbers aren't even in the same ballpark as Cuter. Thier numbers are more comparable to David Garrard than they are to Cutler.

Pennington and Cassel? That would be a joke IMO. That whole "west of the mssissippi" theory is true i think. Why else would Peters make it over Clady? I don't know how he didn't get the coaches and player's vote...

honz
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
No Clady = Fail.

BroncoWave
12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Clayton just said that Roethlisberger should go over Cutler. What the hell did Cutler do to piss off ESPN because they are just shitting on him today. Clayton's reasoning was that Big Ben has led his team to a better season than Cutler so he should go. Well gee-wiz John, when your defense is ranked #1 in every major statistical category, it's not that hard to go 11-3. Some might argue that Big Ben and that offense have actually held them back from a win or 2.

topscribe
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Steve Wyche believes Clady should have been selected for the Pro Bowl: http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/76

-----

Lonestar
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I have mixed emotions on this one.. If cutler would not be a YO YO, huge one week and piss poor the next weak.. I could justify him going to HNL..

Something is not right with him either the diabetes is all over the place or something is is not right between the ear holes on his helmet....

I have concerns if and when he is going to become lazer like Manning 14+ games a year.. He certainly has the tools himself and man toys to play with..

Maybe it is the play calling, but something is wrong..

Maybe going to HNL will bring him in more dedicated and focused next year.. Lets hope THEY BOTH do not come down with a case of ashley or poorti$$$$ after the accolades..

Superchop 7
12-16-2008, 07:40 PM
They didn't vote in Webster ?

:tomato::tomato:

topscribe
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
They didn't vote in Webster ?

:tomato::tomato:

:shocked: *shows Chop the door*

:D

-----

honz
12-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Clayton just said that Roethlisberger should go over Cutler. What the hell did Cutler do to piss off ESPN because they are just shitting on him today. Clayton's reasoning was that Big Ben has led his team to a better season than Cutler so he should go. Well gee-wiz John, when your defense is ranked #1 in every major statistical category, it's not that hard to go 11-3. Some might argue that Big Ben and that offense have actually held them back from a win or 2.

For real, if Jay and our offense had Pitt's D we we easily have just as good of record. I will give it to Big Ben, he seems to find a way to win after playing like shit for the first 58 minutes of the game, but he wouldn't have a chance to win if not for a great D....they keep that offense in games. Jay and our offense are the ones usually keeping us in games.

topscribe
12-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I have mixed emotions on this one.. If cutler would not be a YO YO, huge one week and piss poor the next weak.. I could justify him going to HNL..

Something is not right with him either the diabetes is all over the place or something is is not right between the ear holes on his helmet....

I have concerns if and when he is going to become lazer like Manning 14+ games a year.. He certainly has the tools himself and man toys to play with..

Maybe it is the play calling, but something is wrong..

Maybe going to HNL will bring him in more dedicated and focused next year.. Lets hope THEY BOTH do not come down with a case of ashley or poorti$$$$ after the accolades..

What is wrong is Cutler is just going into his third year on the field. He also
does not have an Edgerinn James, as Manning did in his second year (and
didn't do much better than Cutler, statistically). Once Cutler has a more
consistent running game, I believe you will see a more consistent Cutler.

-----

Lonestar
12-16-2008, 08:29 PM
What is wrong is Cutler is just going into his third year on the field. He also
does not have an Edgerinn James, as Manning did in his second year (and
didn't do much better than Cutler, statistically). Once Cutler has a more
consistent running game, I believe you will see a more consistent Cutler.

-----

perhaps that is it Top but this kid reminds me of a moody greasy..

I hope it is the roller coaster that diabetes seems have him on if not he has to be one of the team and not set/sulk on the bench like greasy did.

With everyone giving him a wide berth because in his case, he thought he was smarter than everyone else was..

BroncoWave
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM

You probably will because Favre usually skips the Pro Bowl and Manning might too if the Colts go deep in the playoffs.

BroncoWave
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
For real, if Jay and our offense had Pitt's D we we easily have just as good of record. I will give it to Big Ben, he seems to find a way to win after playing like shit for the first 58 minutes of the game, but he wouldn't have a chance to win if not for a great D....they keep that offense in games. Jay and our offense are the ones usually keeping us in games.

I think if you mixed our O with Pitt's D, that team would go 14-2 at worst.

topscribe
12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
perhaps that is it Top but this kid reminds me of a moody greasy..

I hope it is the roller coaster that diabetes seems have him on if not he has to be one of the team and not set/sulk on the bench like greasy did.

With everyone giving him a wide berth because in his case, he thought he was smarter than everyone else was..

I don't see that in Cutler. He spends a lot of time alone during games, but I
don't make anything more of that than his being totally absorbed in it. Away
from the field, he pals around with several of them, including Scheffler and
Marshall.

Regarding his diabetes, it runs in both sides of my family, and no one had any
moments of confusion or moodiness as a result. Diabetes is nothing more than
a deficiency of insulin production, and when that is supplied and maintained,
it seldom presents a problem, except sometimes in later years.

Cutler has a relatively high number of INTs, but if you review Elway's history,
he did, too. I believe that, since Cutler is in the Elway/Favre mold, he will
always have more INTs than normal. But he will also become increasingly
capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them to victory, too, as
he has already shown several times in his young career.

I don't have the slightest worry about Cutler. I did all that worrying -- over
nothing -- in Elway's early career (e.g., 23 INTs in his 3rd year).

-----

Greatspirits
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
No defensive players? Go figure!!

Lonestar
12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't see that in Cutler. He spends a lot of time alone during games, but I
don't make anything more of that than his being totally absorbed in it. Away
from the field, he pals around with several of them, including Scheffler and
Marshall.

Regarding his diabetes, it runs in both sides of my family, and no one had any
moments of confusion or moodiness as a result. Diabetes is nothing more than
a deficiency of insulin production, and when that is supplied and maintained,
it seldom presents a problem, except sometimes in later years.

Cutler has a relatively high number of INTs, but if you review Elway's history,
he did, too. I believe that, since Cutler is in the Elway/Favre mold, he will
always have more INTs than normal. But he will also become increasingly
capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them to victory, too, as
he has already shown several times in his young career.

I don't have the slightest worry about Cutler. I did all that worrying -- over
nothing -- in Elway's early career (e.g., 23 INTs in his 3rd year).

-----

Well old friend you see it as "totally absorbed in it". I see it as isolating himself from the team on game day, when leaders are supposed to involved with his teammates..

I saw him on the sidelines going over stuff with a coach and I think his receivers in the first period when everything was all good. After the first Quarter every time they showed him he was by himself on the sidelines setting like in a daze.. perhaps deep in the game plan or perhaps beating himself up like greasy used to do after a bad play or series.. NO ONE wanted to be near him (greasy) then..

Let hope he is not greasy incarnate..

honz
12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I think if you mixed our O with Pitt's D, that team would go 14-2 at worst.

Huh? I'm saying that if Jay and our offense had Pitt's D, that team would be a force to be reckoned with.

Lonestar
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Huh? I'm saying that if Jay and our offense had Pitt's D, that team would be a force to be reckoned with.

if we had 50% of Pitts D we would be a real force..

BroncoWave
12-17-2008, 12:23 AM

Yeah, that's exactly what I said! :beer: