PDA

View Full Version : Remember the last time we were a 13 point underdog against the Packers?

BroncoWave
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/John-Elway.jpg

_____

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
yeah..... Elway, Sharpe, McCaffrey, Smith, Davis, Wilson, Schlereth, Zimmerman, Mobley, Griffith....

TXBRONC
09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I remember. I also remember the very last time we played them at Lambeau. We lost big.

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
How can you win with a team that gave up 400 yards passing...right?...LOL That 30th ranked scoring defense....man Green Bay sucks

smith49
09-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Man, those were the days. IF we could only go back............:salute:

Northman
09-28-2011, 03:02 PM
We are only 13 pt underdogs? Wow, lol

SOCALORADO.
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Oh, were going forward, smith. FORWARD.
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew-luck-redskins-seahawks-49ers-450x220.jpg

BroncoWave
09-28-2011, 03:07 PM
We are only 13 pt underdogs? Wow, lol

I mean, we have been playing decent defense and our two losses have been by a combined 5 points, so it's not shocking. Plus, 13 points is almost as high as you will see a spread go in the NFL.

Magnificent Seven
09-28-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah..... Elway, Sharpe, McCaffrey, Smith, Davis, Wilson, Schlereth, Zimmerman, Mobley, Griffith....

Never forget Steve Atwater! :defense:

girler
09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Good idea. I'm gonna re-watch THAT game instead. :balloons: :beer: :drinking:

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Good idea. I'm gonna re-watch THAT game instead. :balloons: :beer: :drinking:

I did as well minus the drinking because the first time I couldn't remember much other than the BRONCOS won. Went to a SB party and the JD went down so smooth that game. I had to call in sick for a couple days afterwards to recup.:lol:, but it was happy times.

girler
09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I did as well minus the drinking because the first time I couldn't remember much other than the BRONCOS won. Went to a SB party and the JD went down so smooth that game. I had to call in sick for a couple days afterwards to recup.:lol:, but it was happy times.

LOL, I didn't drink at all! My 3rd child was 2 months old and was exclusively breastfed. She was totally upset by all the jumping and cheering I did, wouldn't eat, couldn't sleep, and just thought everything going on at grandma's that day was annoying. By the end of the game, I kept handing her to Mr.B, then he would hand her to his mom, she would give her to aunty, and then poor baby would get handed off down the line back to me!!! This happened twice in about 5 minutes and I realized I had to keep holding her through the rest of the game. :lol:

I should make her watch it with me this sunday... She'll probably be just as whiney too. She hates it when I jump and scream (happily or not!) at football. :pound: That could be very entertaining.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
LOL, I didn't drink at all! My 3rd child was 2 months old and was exclusively breastfed. She was totally upset by all the jumping and cheering I did, wouldn't eat, couldn't sleep, and just thought everything going on at grandma's that day was annoying. By the end of the game, I kept handing her to Mr.B, then he would hand her to his mom, she would give her to aunty, and then poor baby would get handed off down the line back to me!!! This happened twice in about 5 minutes and I realized I had to keep holding her through the rest of the game. :lol:

I should make her watch it with me this sunday... She'll probably be just as whiney too. She hates it when I jump and scream (happily or not!) at football. :pound: That could be very entertaining.

Funny! The poor kid traumatized by the BRONCOS then and now!:lol:

I was 23, so I was young and dumb and the wife was about 8 months pregnant with our 1st son.....she wasn't too happy with me.

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe John could activate himself for this game and give us a puncher's chance of winning....

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Maybe John could activate himself for this game and give us a puncher's chance of winning....

Ha... I envision Orton doing his helicopter spin falling 3 yards short of a first down...... oh the irony

Mike
09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Ha... I envision Orton doing his helicopter spin falling 3 yards short of a first down...... oh the irony

It would be more stumbling, bumbling, tripping over the hash mark, doing a helicopter....and then fumbling.

girler

Ya right, he wouldn't even leave the ground. :slug:

arapaho2

weird...i imagine orton either throwing it away or faLLING INTO A FETAL POSITION

slim
09-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Who is Wilson?

girler
09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Who is Wilson?

Last I heard he was either king or mayor or something like that. :noidea:

Nomad
09-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Who is Wilson?

He probably meant Williams. Wilson was shining at Tenn at the time.

girler
09-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Well, if you're going to be TECHNICAL. :laugh:

jhildebrand
09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
We also had a real QB then.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Who is Wilson?

I meant Williams..a nd was going to mention Neil Smith, Atwater, and Romanowski as well...but...... :tsk:

DenBronx
09-28-2011, 09:09 PM
does anyone know the overall record between the broncos and the pack?

TXBRONC
09-28-2011, 09:29 PM
It would be more stumbling, bumbling, tripping over the hash mark, doing a helicopter....and then fumbling.

Is that before or after he suffers from a high ankle sprain?

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
LOL, BTB. I was thinking the same thing today!

smith49
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM

Oh, were going forward, smith. FORWARD.
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew-luck-redskins-seahawks-49ers-450x220.jpg

Yah I've been telling myself that for over ten years now and we just keep trudging along in this horrid funk. I hope you are right socalorado, I truly do. If we can get back on top it'll all be worth it just as it was when we finally got the big one after losing so many before.

Lancane
09-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Any given Sunday is a credo for teams that have the talent and coaching ability to beat anyone even if their record doesn't reflect it. That's not this team, we'll be lucky to beat Kansas City in November let alone Green Bay.

AlWilsonizKING
09-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Last I heard he was either king or :noidea:

You rock Girler!!:salute:

PEACE!!!

Juriga72
09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Is that before or after he suffers from a high ankle sprain?

Speaking of high ankle sprain..... Where has the "Orton Army" fan club been lately? I need to know which injury Kyle is suffering from this early....

Npba900
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
How can you win with a team that gave up 400 yards passing...right?...LOL That 30th ranked scoring defense....man Green Bay sucks

Blame the passing-receiving rule changes over the last few years all benefitting the QB's and receivers and tying the hands of the defenses. It all shows what a joke/circus todays NFL QB-receiving stats truly are.

But "Oh Well" the fans wanted more scoring so this what we have today.

QB and receivng stats and records need to now have asteriks next to the broken records and new records to reflect these rules changes.

slim
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Good Lord...

Npba900
09-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Good Lord...

That's the reality. The Qb's and receivers have great advantages as never before.

Northman
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Holy crap! I didnt even realize we were playing AT GB. I thought this was a home game for some reason. lol

This could get real ugly.

girler
09-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Holy crap! I didnt even realize we were playing AT GB. I thought this was a home game for some reason. lol

http://www.hulu.com/watch/123931/greatest-games-1997-super-bowl-xxxii

I invite everyone to join me! If/when it gets ugly, we can all turn to hulu and [insert whatever beverage/food/smoke/medication you enjoy here], and have one hell of a party!!! :elefant: :balloons: :defense: :elway: :welcome:

Canmore
09-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Could? It's already ugly at Dove Valley and it is going to be really ugly at Lambeau Field. We are going to get drilled.

If somehow we make a game of it, it would be a moral victory. I'm not expecting that.