PDA

View Full Version : @NateKreckman on 102.3 states that Tebow doesn't have an $11 Million escalator

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok, I was listening to 102.3 and Nate Kreckman (@NateKreckman) was one. I missed the beginning of what he was saying, but I think I caught the gist of it.

One of the main points he was making was that the contract was NOT a factor in why Tebow was not playing. That he's not playing because the front office doesn't think he's capable of being out there as the starter.

He said that people have been throwing around this $11 million escalator, so he reached out to someone that knows Tebow's contract. Granted, it is an unnamed source, like the people claiming the $11 million escalator, but Kreckman insists it's confirmed and accurate.

So, here it is. He claims there is nothing that doubles the value of his contract, or anything similar, but instead the contract, like all rookie contracts, has what they call "one timers" included.

He states that the one timers are:

If he played 35% of the offensive snaps in his rookie year, he would receive a $2 million bonus.

If he played 45% of the offensive snaps in either his 2nd or 3rd year, he would receive a $2.7 million bonus.

However, the 2nd/3rd year bonus was reduced to a $1 million one timer, after he received some guaranteed money this year.

After explaining these one timer bonuses, he said that $1 million is chump change for an NFL team, and it's further proof that Tebow isn't playing because the team doesn't have faith he can start (or something to that effect).

There you have it. Not sure if Kreckman is correct, or the people claiming the $11 million escalator based on taking 55% of the offensive snaps. Either way, figured I should share this.

slim
09-28-2011, 12:14 PM
I think his source is his own twitter account, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I think his source is his own twitter account, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Not saying his facts are wrong, because I have no idea, but it definitely fits with his position on Tebow.

SOCALORADO.
09-28-2011, 12:24 PM
This conspiracy is like an onion!
No one knows how many layers deep it goes.

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Tt isnt worth the $1M, imo. Trade him before its too late so the team has a chance to gel, vs the constant upheaval.

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Tt isnt worth the $1M, imo. Trade him before its too late so the team has a chance to gel, vs the constant upheaval.

Yea, 13 more games from Orton, like his last 31 --- look at that 13 31 that's one of those mirror thingies --- is something to get real excited about.

slim
09-28-2011, 12:31 PM

Is Orton worth $9 million?

If we are going to lose anyway, I guess I would rather pay TT $1M to lose the games for us.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Article Klis posted on DP on 8-3

The contract details on Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow​ show his five-year deal really is worth $9.7125 million, not the $11.25 million the industry reports, according to a union source.

The difference is a one-time playing time bonus of $1.5375 million that the Players Association counts because it's "easy to earn." Almost all first rounders hit the one-time playing bonus, but Jarvis Moss​ and Brady Quinn from the 2007 draft are among those who have yet to hit their one-timers.

Tebow will be well on his way to his first NFL million on Friday, when the Broncos pay him a $975,000 advance, which essentially will be counted as a signing bonus for prorated salary cap reasons.

The next part of the article is where Klis breaks down the contract for the 5 years:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_15667056

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
So youre saying its all on him? Cmon, T.

Face it. TT isnt ever going to be the starting qb for denver. The quicker thats realized, the quicker this team can move on. A 3rd is better than what they got for the #2 they spent on smith.

GEM
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
And just because Orton is the starter doesn't mean he is any good.

Keep Orton in there, trade Tebow, end up with a Top 5 pick, grab a real QB and be done with this shit.

The sad part of all of this....we have 3 QB's and they all suck, though I'd much rather watch Tebow suck as a 2nd year guy than watch Orton fall down in the fetal position because Clay Matthews looks at him. All day, everyday.

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2011, 12:35 PM

The next part of the article is where Klis breaks down the contract for the 5 years:

Even Klis' article is pretty general.

What I glean from it, is that Tebow's contract could double, but that playing time is only one factor of many that would have to be attained to do so.

SOCALORADO.
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Dude, you guys and gals are sooo gonna be in trouble when bulgator puts down his tools and stops constructing his billboard to read this.
Its a conspiracy dammit! Conspiracy!

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Is Orton worth $9 million?

If we are going to lose anyway, I guess I would rather pay TT $1M to lose the games for us.
Theres the rub, too. He prolly WOULD be the one responsible for the losses compared to orton.
Just because you think TT's starter quality doesnt make it so.

Until he can ANTICIPATE the break and learn to read d's, he'll ride the pine. Waiting for his man to get open puts him inline to get sacked or the ball to get picked.

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Face it. TT isnt ever going to be the starting qb for denver. The quicker thats realized, the quicker this team can move on. A 3rd is better than what they got for the #2 they spent on smith.

Whether it's "all" on him or not, doesn't matter, the fact is that he's not good when the QB is needed the most. He's shown that time and again.

As to "come on", how about the fact that without him being given a chance to play (except three games last year when he played good), you are claiming as a matter of fact that he's no good an not worth $1 million.

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Dude, you guys and gals are sooo gonna be in trouble when bulgator puts down his tools and stops constructing his billboard to read this.
Its a conspiracy dammit! Conspiracy!

another plus. :lol:

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 12:44 PM

Whether it's "all" on him or not, doesn't matter, the fact is that he's not good when the QB is needed the most. He's shown that time and again.

As to "come on", how about the fact that without him being given a chance to play (except three games last year when he played good), you are claiming as a matter of fact that he's no good an not worth $1 million.

Well.....i guess the only guys that matter in this instance happen to agree with me. ;')

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:45 PM

Thanks Carol. The part that Kreckman says isn't included in Tebow's contract, Klis lists right here.

Value of Tebow's contract doubles from $11.25 million (including one-time playing time bonus) to $22.5 million if he reaches multiple thresholds, including:

55 percent playing time in two of his first three seasons, 2010-12, or 70 percent playing time in 2013
The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors.

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
A clarification Tweet that Kreckman just sent me:

RT @NateKreckman: @BroncosForums It's not a one-time $11 mil escalator. He CAN make that much more, but has a HUGE pile of incentives, not just % of snaps.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
ESPN article after signing:

Tim Tebow is a signed, sealed and delivered member of the Denver Broncos.

Tebow, the 25th-overall selection in April's draft, signed a five-year, $11.25 million contract with $8.7 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN.

According to the source, the contract's max value is $33 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5421298

This article does not break down the details

GEM
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Well.....i guess the only guys that matter in this instance happen to agree with me. ;')

That doesn't mean the guys that agree with you are right, just means the guys that agree with you have the power to keep the stagnant losing happening.

Tned
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I added the following "The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors" to my quote from Klis' article.

Looks like both snaps and these other qualifiers.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 12:56 PM

LMAO...my tweets are hilariously funny!! I laugh at them all day....signed Nate Kreckman!

slim, you need to get on board the Nate tweet train!:D

GEM
09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Theres the rub, too. He prolly WOULD be the one responsible for the losses compared to orton.
Just because you think TT's starter quality doesnt make it so.

Until he can ANTICIPATE the break and learn to read d's, he'll ride the pine. Waiting for his man to get open puts him inline to get sacked or the ball to get picked.

46%. 4th qtr QB rating when down by 7 or more.

Maybe not sacked, but Orton likes to fluke drop the ball or gets the ball picked.

You're talking like Orton is lightyears better than Tebow. He's not. He's a lower than average, bottom of the pack qb who coughs up the 4th qtr.

Tebow may not be the answer, but we don't know for sure.

We know FOR ABSOLUTE sure that Orton is not.

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 01:14 PM
That doesn't mean the guys that agree with you are right, just means the guys that agree with you have the power to keep the stagnant losing happening.
Well, gem, that's what happens with rebuilding teams. 4win team playing the 4th most difficult schedule = another top 5-10 pick, most likely.

But i'd rather invest my time looking at the positives on the field than the obtuse. ;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
46%. 4th qtr QB rating when down by 7 or more.

Maybe not sacked, but Orton likes to fluke drop the ball or gets the ball picked.

You're talking like Orton is lightyears better than Tebow. He's not. He's a lower than average, bottom of the pack qb who coughs up the 4th qtr.

Tebow may not be the answer, but we don't know for sure.

We know FOR ABSOLUTE sure that Orton is not.
That's your opinion, gem. But not the nfl guys I listen to on a daily basis.
Would I rather have Stafford? Hell yeah. But the best available is currently playing.

jhildebrand
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I have been one to post that the 55% is a factor in whether to play TT or not.

Value of Tebow's contract doubles from $11.25 million (including one-time playing time bonus) to $22.5 million if he reaches multiple thresholds, including:

55 percent playing time in two of his first three seasons, 2010-12, or 70 percent playing time in 2013.

I will take Klis' word over Kreckman or anybody at 102.3 the ticket. In fact I don't know how anybody even listens to that station. I find them to be complete garbage and out to get ratings anyway they can. They say some of the most outlandish crap.

Listen to Kreckman go off about TT yesterday. EVERY SINGLE argument he uses to suggest TT shouldn't play APPLIES just as much to Orton as it does TT.

jhildebrand
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
But the best available is currently playing.

Which is completely subjective at best. Orton won a QB competition that wasn't even an open competition as EFX would have you to believe. They fed everybody on this transparency crap and as soon as it came to the QB position, it disappeared.

One QB was going to win that battle and it was known upfront and designed as such that it would be KO.

It is fitting that his initials are KO because that his what he has done to the Broncos season and organization since he has been here. This being his third season we might as well call it a TKO!

Tned
09-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I have been one to post that the 55% is a factor in whether to play TT or not.

I will take Klis' word over Kreckman or anybody at 102.3 the ticket. In fact I don't know how anybody even listens to that station. I find them to be complete garbage and out to get ratings anyway they can. They say some of the most outlandish crap.

Listen to Kreckman go off about TT yesterday. EVERY SINGLE argument he uses to suggest TT shouldn't play APPLIES just as much to Orton as it does TT.

I realize that he's anti-TT, but re-read Klis article. He states that there are multiple thresholds that need to be hit, including:

The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors.

If you look at Klis' article, and it's consistent with what Kreckman was saying, and that is that BOTH the percentage of snaps AND the playoff and QB rankings must be hit. That is why Klis listed that as unlikely to be earned.

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe Kizla should chime in now so we can have every angle to digest.

MasterShake
09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Les and JoJo on the same station have read two of Tneds texts AND plugged our site on their show. Good job Tned!

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Les and JoJo on the same station have read two of Tneds texts AND plugged our site on their show. Good job Tned!

They just read a text saying Tebow is the Justin Berber of the NFL:lol:.

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Well we sure as hell know that Kyle Orton isn't worth $8.8 MILLION.

slim
09-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Les has been swinging from Orton's nuts all year. Now he is starting to change his tune. It's kind of comical, really.

Tned
09-28-2011, 03:30 PM

One positive of being home sick. :D Been listening to some radio and sending a few comments in.

They didn't read my reasons for playing Tebow texts, or the followup to BVP, the flipside, which was that Hillis reportedly didn't practice well, yet when he was the last man standing in '08, he proved to be the best back, and we all saw what he did in Cleveland last year, and that P.S. we still owe Cleveland a 2012 pick from that trade.

Tned
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Les has been swinging from Orton's nuts all year. Now he is starting to change his tune. It's kind of comical, really.

Lots of the radio guys, while not quite willing to go as far as saying "it's time to put Tebow in" are back pedaling on Orton and his play, and simply sticking with some variation of "he's the best of three back QBs."

slim
09-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Lots of the radio guys, while not quite willing to go as far as saying "it's time to put Tebow in" are back pedaling on Orton and his play, and simply sticking with some variation of "he's the best of three back QBs."

Yeah, it's been kind of strange. I can't quite figure out what they are up to, but it's funny to watch them backpedal

Tned
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it's been kind of strange. I can't quite figure out what they are up to, but it's funny to watch them backpedal

It seems like they are so far down the "Tebow can't be an NFL QB" rabbit hole, that even with the failures of Orton, they are trying to backpedal on Orton, while not reversing course on Tebow. As you say, it's strange to witness.

slim
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
It seems like they are so far down the "Tebow can't be an NFL QB" rabbit hole, that even with the failures of Orton, they are trying to backpedal on Orton, while not reversing course on Tebow. As you say, it's strange to witness.

Talking in absolutes is a good way to paint yourself into a corner :laugh:

You would think someone that talks for a living might have figured that out.

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM

According to the FO the media stuff is not affecting the team. They dont hear it until they go home.

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM
According to the FO the media stuff is not affecting the team. They dont hear it until they go home.

Losing games should be what affects this team. The fact that Kyle Orton doesn't show more disgust for being 6-19 in his last 25 games tells me what kind of player he is. Same goes for a lot of these guys. Accountability, Orton, the supposed leader, has NONE.

MasterShake
09-28-2011, 03:42 PM

I really can't stand Les. He dumps all over Plummer and talks about how he was never going to take us to the next level. Not to open up that can of worms again, but Plummer > Orton in almost every respect and WE STILL don't know if Tebow or Quinn is > Orton. This is the season to find out. I'd hate to run into Tebow a few seasons down the line if hes a good QB. I just keep thinking of Rich Ganon.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
go c o u g s!

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I really can't stand Les. He dumps all over Plummer and talks about how he was never going to take us to the next level. Not to open up that can of worms again, but Plummer > Orton in almost every respect and WE STILL don't know if Tebow or Quinn is > Orton. This is the season to find out. I'd hate to run into Tebow a few seasons down the line if hes a good QB. I just keep thinking of Rich Ganon.

Plummer is 100X the QB Orton is. He at least made the games fun to watch and did something that no other Denver QB but Elway could... WIN GAMES.

In the 4th quarter of a game and Denver was losing, I never felt that Jake couldn't pull a win out. I wasn't confident that he could like I was with Elway, but I felt that Jake COULD do it. With Kyle I assume it's over if we are losing in the 4th quarter. He keeps proving me right too.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM

Perhaps Tebow will be thanking the BRONCOS one day like Steve Young sends Christmas cards to the Tampa Bay Bucs and thanks them every year.!!

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Perhaps Tebow will be thanking the BRONCOS one day like Steve Young sends Christmas cards to the Tampa Bay Bucs and thanks them every year.!!

He needs to be thanking Josh McDaniels every year at Christmas for giving him MILLIONS of someone elses dollars and allowing him to prolong the inevitable result of his career direction - being a backup.

Northman
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
go c o u g s!

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0906/cougars-life-time-woman-double-entende-cleavage-cup-coffee-t-demotivational-poster-1244482539.jpg

Canmore
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Plummer is 100X the QB Orton is. He at least made the games fun to watch and did something that no other Denver QB but Elway could... WIN GAMES.

In the 4th quarter of a game and Denver was losing, I never felt that Jake couldn't pull a win out. I wasn't confident that he could like I was with Elway, but I felt that Jake COULD do it. With Kyle I assume it's over if we are losing in the 4th quarter. He keeps proving me right too.

There's no urgency, no fire. He doesn't make the game changing play. He is what we thought he is...a game manager and we don't have a good enough team to win with a game manager.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
He needs to be thanking Josh McDaniels every year at Christmas for giving him MILLIONS of someone elses dollars and allowing him to prolong the inevitable result of his career direction - being a backup.

He already does! Put Tebow in the right situation like Young and you never know. Fox probably isn't the right situation as far as grooming young QBs.

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
He already does! Put Tebow in the right situation like Young and you never know. Fox probably isn't the right situation as far as grooming young QBs.

Oh crap, I was talking about Orton, not Tebow. :laugh: My bad.

GEM
09-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, gem, that's what happens with rebuilding teams. 4win team playing the 4th most difficult schedule = another top 5-10 pick, most likely.

But i'd rather invest my time looking at the positives on the field than the obtuse. ;')

Orton is not a positive on the field.

GEM
09-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Yea, until the other guy called him on it, then he started back pedaling. I find Les to be annoying as hell. He lets his opinion play too much into the reporting. It's a fine line when you have a tv reporter on a radio show. The line gets a bit blurred.

lgenf
09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
The local radio guys won't have anywhere near the amount of backpedaling to do on T2 as do Mel K and now we can add Merrill Hoge to that list

If and when T2 gets his fair chance to start there will be more people rooting against him on the sports talk radio and ESPN stations then in the stands of the stadium rooting for him

Skacorica
09-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Looking back at your previous 500 posts, your commitment to Tebow hating is admirable.

Cugel
09-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, talk about you posters being incredibly LAZY! Why don't you just look on Rotoworld and SEE what Tim's contract #s are:

7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $9.75 million contract. The deal includes $8.7 million guaranteed. Another $23.25 million is available through incentives, though $9 million of them are "unlikely to be earned." $1,537,500 of the incentives are available through a "likely to be earned" onetime escalator. 2011: $1,618,750 (+ $6.275 million guaranteed option bonus due 9/2), 2012: $1,942,500, 2013: $2,266,250, 2014: $2.59 million, 2015: Free Agent

$14.25 million in available incentives over the life of a 5 year contract is not a big deal for a starting QB (IF Tim becomes a starter).

Of those realistic incentives he's already earned his 2011 $6 million roster bonus -- but that was really a delayed "signing bonus" since he didn't get a big signing bonus his rookie year.

In fact that game the team what essentially amounts to a "buy-out provision" in Tim's 2nd year 2011, if they wanted to cut him after year one (not likely but if they decided they'd made a Ryan Leaf style mistake they could have cut/traded Tim this off-season without triggering the roster bonus).

All in all this is a very reasonable contract. Less than 1/2 of what guys like Matthew Stafford got. Of course Tebow right now is less than 1/2 the QB that Stafford is, but the point remains.

They are definitely not keeping him on the bench as a money savings move.

It's because they saw him in the off-season and he sucked at operating from under center. He ain't ready. That's all it's about.

rcsodak
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Wow! Headlines: BS gives up on TT!

Cugel
09-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Looking back at your previous 500 posts, your commitment to Tebow hating is admirable.

Not everybody who doesn't believe in Tebow is a "hater." :coffee:

Personally, I doubt that Tebow is going to be the Broncos QB of the future. He just doesn't do well what John Fox wants his QB to do (operate as an accurate quick decision maker from under center and execute the play-action pass to perfection).

Those are all things that Orton does well, and Tebow totally sucks at.

Fans never bother to notice that when they see Tebow making a play it's usually when he's operating from the shot-gun.

Well John Fox does NOT WANT to operate the SPREAD OFFENSE as his base offense! He wants to run a traditional offense.

So there's a basic clash of world-views.

The fans like Tebow and want the offense to showcase what Tebow can do well -- even if that means junking the basic offensive scheme Fox wants to establish in Denver.

And he's just not going to do that. He's incredibly stubborn and he's been a head coach in the NFL for 10 years now. He kept playing Jake Delhomme for years when the fans were calling for his replacement.

He kept playing his favorite veterans until senior management traded them away, even when there good young rookies sitting on the bench.

Ask Carolina fans how Fox operated the last 5 years!

He knows what he wants to do and he's going to play those players who he thinks can do what he wants the best -- regardless of what the fans want.

Sound familiar? :coffee:

The fans don't know anything. They just like to see Tebow running around "trying to make something happen" because that's more exciting than watching Orton struggle out there. Even if the result might be the same or better under Orton.

But Fox doesn't care how exciting his offense is. He just wants to grind it out and win football games 16-13.

I don't know that you can be successful in the modern NFL doing that BTW. But, that's what he's going to try and do. And Elway and Xanders are going to give him two or 3 years of years to try and do it before they consider making a change. Maybe longer.

Probably that's long enough that Tim Tebow will be gone from the Broncos before John Fox is. :coffee:

rcsodak
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Lmao.

You haven't been around for 500 of my posts re:TT.

And its obvious to even the blind you know not to what you speak of.

:lol:

rcsodak
09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, talk about you posters being incredibly LAZY! Why don't you just look on Rotoworld and SEE what Tim's contract #s are:

$14.25 million in available incentives over the life of a 5 year contract is not a big deal for a starting QB (IF Tim becomes a starter).

Of those realistic incentives he's already earned his 2011 $6 million roster bonus -- but that was really a delayed "signing bonus" since he didn't get a big signing bonus his rookie year.

In fact that game the team what essentially amounts to a "buy-out provision" in Tim's 2nd year 2011, if they wanted to cut him after year one (not likely but if they decided they'd made a Ryan Leaf style mistake they could have cut/traded Tim this off-season without triggering the roster bonus).

All in all this is a very reasonable contract. Less than 1/2 of what guys like Matthew Stafford got. Of course Tebow right now is less than 1/2 the QB that Stafford is, but the point remains.

They are definitely not keeping him on the bench as a money savings move.

It's because they saw him in the off-season and he sucked at operating from under center. He ain't ready. That's all it's about.
I think I heard that kick in the nuts from here! Lol

Tned
09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Nate Kreckman sent me a message on Twitter that he received further details on the playing time bonuses, and that this year the 45% threshold is only worth $500k.

If his information is correct, the bonus is peacemeal, which is what I was assuming was most likely. $x for playing time, $y for making playoffs, $z for pro bowl, etc.

BroncoStud
09-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Not everybody who doesn't believe in Tebow is a "hater." :coffee:

Personally, I doubt that Tebow is going to be the Broncos QB of the future. He just doesn't do well what John Fox wants his QB to do (operate as an accurate quick decision maker from under center and execute the play-action pass to perfection).

Those are all things that Orton does well, and Tebow totally sucks at.

Fans never bother to notice that when they see Tebow making a play it's usually when he's operating from the shot-gun.

Well John Fox does NOT WANT to operate the SPREAD OFFENSE as his base offense! He wants to run a traditional offense.

So there's a basic clash of world-views.

The fans like Tebow and want the offense to showcase what Tebow can do well -- even if that means junking the basic offensive scheme Fox wants to establish in Denver.

And he's just not going to do that. He's incredibly stubborn and he's been a head coach in the NFL for 10 years now. He kept playing Jake Delhomme for years when the fans were calling for his replacement.

He kept playing his favorite veterans until senior management traded them away, even when there good young rookies sitting on the bench.

Ask Carolina fans how Fox operated the last 5 years!

He knows what he wants to do and he's going to play those players who he thinks can do what he wants the best -- regardless of what the fans want.

Sound familiar? :coffee:

The fans don't know anything. They just like to see Tebow running around "trying to make something happen" because that's more exciting than watching Orton struggle out there. Even if the result might be the same or better under Orton.

But Fox doesn't care how exciting his offense is. He just wants to grind it out and win football games 16-13.

I don't know that you can be successful in the modern NFL doing that BTW. But, that's what he's going to try and do. And Elway and Xanders are going to give him two or 3 years of years to try and do it before they consider making a change. Maybe longer.

Probably that's long enough that Tim Tebow will be gone from the Broncos before John Fox is. :coffee:

I wish I were as smart as you... That would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E. But alas, I am stupid enough to think that evaluating our 1st round QB who will be the only QB under contract at season's end is a good idea before entering the 2012 offseason...

I need to read more of your posts so I can learn how things really are. You know, since you're so much smarter than us...?