PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
12-16-2008, 10:56 AM
32. Detroit (0-14) - Almost scared us

31. Kansas City (2-12) - Just couldnt hold on to help Denver

30. Cincinnati (2-11-1) - Throwing away draft position?

29. St. Louis (2-12) - Where does this team begin to fix holes?

28. Oakland (3-11) - I have nothing more to say about this team.

27. Seattle (3-11) - Letting the Rams draft one spot higher

26. Cleveland (4-10) - Still want to see what they can do with a better coach

25. Jacksonville (5-9) - No identity at all

24. San Francisco (5-9) - Latest victim of the Miami surge.

23. Houston (7-7) - On pace for another .500 season?

22. San Diego (6-8) - Still in place to take the division from Denver

21. Green Bay (5-9) - The sad and tragic fall from grace

20. Buffalo (6-8) - A trip to Denver could make them feel better

19. New Orleans (7-7) - Where would they be if they didnt give away so many wins

18. Washington (7-7) - Stick a fork in them...then find a trade partner for Portis

17. Chicago (8-6) - Just cant seem to decide if they want to win or not

16. NY Jets (9-5) - Maybe the least feared playoff team...other than the winner of the AFC West.

15. Denver (8-6) - One has to question if there is any heart or desire to succeed.

14. Arizona (8-6) - Embarrassed by Petersen...fine. Embarrassed by Jackson...not so good.

13. Atlanta (9-5) - Big divisional win when they needed it.

12. Minnesota (9-5) - Stepping up their game for the playoffs

11. New England (9-5) - Limping into the playoffs

10. Miami (9-5) - Holding onto their playoff spot and impressive one season turn around

9. Tampa Bay (9-5) - Two divisional losses in a row does not bode well

8. Dallas (9-5) - Looked really good against a reeling Giants team.

7. Philadelphia (8-5-1) - Making a good playoff run for a team that supposedly sucks.

6. Baltimore (9-5) - Tough loss against a great team. Dallas game should be interesting

5. Indianapolis (10-4) - They just keep on doing what the Colts do best

4. Carolina (11-3) - Pretty much had their way with the hapless Broncos.

3. Tennessee (12-2) - Another bad loss to a mediocre team

2. NY Giants (11-3) - This team peaked way too early

1. Pittsburgh (11-3) - The defense wins again. STILL the best team in the NFL

Medford Bronco
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Great job Coach, Pitt does deserve to be #1 and will get to prove it against the Titans this week. :salute:

Also the Panthers might get a chance to move up IF they can win in NY, which I think is possible.

Denver does look shaky right now but hopefully we get into the playoffs just for the experience for the young guys. I dont expect anything out of them due to a bad defense, which I think would be bad even if all healthy. It seems like they played better on D with all the backup vs Atl and NYJ.

horsesense
12-16-2008, 01:10 PM
The Titans are doing some limping themselves, and will rest some players. This game wont decide who has the better team. We'll have to wait for the playoffs for that. Im of the opinion either team could be crowned Super Bowl Champion when every thing is said and done. Good job once again Coach.

CrazyHorse
12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
The Giants have the same record as the Steelers. They beat them head to head and play in a tougher division. The defending Superbowl champs should still be number 1. What happens though if Carolina beats them next week? What if the Titans beat Pittsburgh?

underrated29
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
nice.

I also dont think tennessee is that great of a team. They have a great defense and a good rushing offense. Thats about it, imo. i think they one and done in the playoffs.

IMo the giants are still the best, but with all the things going on with them right now, they could easily free fall to death. If they can get jacobs healthy, and turn things around, they are tops. But with the turmoil and a gimpy bull- its gonna get real intersting for them.

MasterShake
12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Best list yet. Carolina is going to tear some people up in the playoffs, and I think either PIT or TEN are the only teams that could stop them with their above average defenses.

bengaaaaals1688
12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
The Giants have the same record as the Steelers. They beat them head to head and play in a tougher division. The defending Superbowl champs should still be number 1. What happens though if Carolina beats them next week? What if the Titans beat Pittsburgh?

But at this point in time the Steelers are playing better. The Giants have skidded against 2 teams that shouldn't have a chance against them, while the Steelers have raised themselves up and shown just how good their defense is.

BroncoAV06
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Good stuff. I think Houston should be hire, they beat Green Bay in Lambo and have been playing well as of late.

As for the Titans, a great running offense and a great defense is a good combo to have. Will be interesting to see how the styles play out in the Pit/Ten game, the Steelers are a great defense with a pass offense.

Top 4 teams all playing each other this coming weekend, #1 seeds on the line, we will see who wants it more.

CoachChaz
12-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Just to cover a few responses in one...

I could have Houston higher, but they're a team that is really hard to guage based on their inconsistency.

As far as having one team higher than another, I base it on how teams are playing now. We all now how important it is to peak when they playoffs are upon us. Look no firther than last year when the Giants made their surge. Unfortunately, I think they are headed in the opposite direction at the moment. Back to back division losses in ugly fashion is not something to build a playoff run on. Tennessee also looks to have slowed down lately as well. On the other hand, teams like Pittsburgh, Carolina, Philly and Minnesota are surging and all 3 could be favorites to go deep into the playoffs.

I dont care what your record is, I care about how you look going into the post-season. Just like every other week, things can change and probably will. The Power Rankings will adjust accordingly

Medford Bronco
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Just to cover a few responses in one...

I could have Houston higher, but they're a team that is really hard to guage based on their inconsistency.

As far as having one team higher than another, I base it on how teams are playing now. We all now how important it is to peak when they playoffs are upon us. Look no firther than last year when the Giants made their surge. Unfortunately, I think they are headed in the opposite direction at the moment. Back to back division losses in ugly fashion is not something to build a playoff run on. Tennessee also looks to have slowed down lately as well. On the other hand, teams like Pittsburgh, Carolina, Philly and Minnesota are surging and all 3 could be favorites to go deep into the playoffs.

I dont care what your record is, I care about how you look going into the post-season. Just like every other week, things can change and probably will. The Power Rankings will adjust accordingly

Pitt, yes, Car, yes
Philly wont even get there due to that stupid tie
and Minny has to play both Atlanta and NYG at the home, they are no cinch
but do have QB issues IMHO.

I also like the way Dallas is playing, besides the meltdown at Pitt 2 weeks ago.

If Dallas beats Balt at home and at Philly, they could be very tough imho. Their Defense looks excellent lately

bengaaaaals1688
12-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Pitt, yes, Car, yes
Philly wont even get there due to that stupid tie
and Minny has to play both Atlanta and NYG at the home, they are no cinch
but do have QB issues IMHO.

I also like the way Dallas is playing, besides the meltdown at Pitt 2 weeks ago.

If Dallas beats Balt at home and at Philly, they could be very tough imho. Their Defense looks excellent lately

Minnesota is gonna be fine, I see them beating Atlanta, and coming close against the Giants, although they are a better team than the Eagles so they could easily beat the Giants as well.

Dallas probably won't stay at that level, and I can almost guarantee they lose to Baltimore.

Medford Bronco
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Dallas probably won't stay at that level, and I can almost guarantee they lose to Baltimore.

Sorry I disagree there. I think Flacco will be running for his life in that game.

Dallas has a good defense and they proved it on Sunday Night.

bengaaaaals1688
12-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Sorry I disagree there. I think Flacco will be running for his life in that game.

Dallas has a good defense and they proved it on Sunday Night.

Dallas has a good defense, and Baltimore has a better one. Romo makes boneheaded mistakes against not so good defenses, imagine what he'll do against the Ravens defense.:eek:

Don't get me wrong, I hate Baltimore (for obvious reasons), but they are just that good of a team this season, IMO.

Medford Bronco
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Dallas has a good defense, and Baltimore has a better one. Romo makes boneheaded mistakes against not so good defenses, imagine what he'll do against the Ravens defense.:eek:

Don't get me wrong, I hate Baltimore (for obvious reasons), but they are just that good of a team this season, IMO.

Good points bengals1561566514 but I think the game being in Dallas will help Romo a lot. we shall see :beer:

bengaaaaals1688
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Good points bengals1561566514 but I think the game being in Dallas will help Romo a lot. we shall see :beer:

Screw Romo... If anybody in this league is overrated to a ridiculous extent it's him... If he wins MVP like so many believe he should, I might literally cry.

Medford Bronco
12-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Screw Romo... If anybody in this league is overrated to a ridiculous extent it's him... If he wins MVP like so many believe he should, I might literally cry.

please post a picture if you do:laugh::salute:

mmmnfl
12-17-2008, 10:40 PM
I understand having Pittsburgh at the top, but I would not be surprised if after this Sunday, all of the analysts have Carolina at number 1.

www.thestadiumstatus.com

Buff
12-17-2008, 11:50 PM
15. Denver (8-6) - One has to question if there is any heart or desire to succeed.

I haven't really questioned this team's heart or desire to succeed, personally... We all know last year's team really lacked heart and desire with guys like Travis Henry and Javon Walker... I think this year's team has turned that around with an infusion of younger blue collar types.

I know they came out and got embarrassed this week, but I didn't get the feeling they quit so much as they just got outplayed by a better team. I question their ability to execute consistently, but not their desire to win.

JayCutler6
12-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Ha! I love it. I got nothing else to say....

CoachChaz
12-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Why would Romo get the MVP? No one gets Romo shoved down his throat daily like I do and I dont think even Cowboy fans think he deserves it.

bengaaaaals1688
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Why would Romo get the MVP? No one gets Romo shoved down his throat daily like I do and I dont think even Cowboy fans think he deserves it.

I don't believe he should get it, but I've read too many articles that ride on his jockstrap because of how they were so decimated when Brad Johnson was the starter and then they won when Romo came back.

Hawgdriver
12-19-2008, 03:26 AM
This is a list I can get behind. Still think Houston deserves higher, but your inconsistency comment is valid. If higher, I'm thinking maybe 2-3 spots. I won't be surprised to see 9-7. You were right about Carolina. Good power rankings heading into the second season.

MNPatsFan
12-19-2008, 11:34 AM
12. Minnesota (9-5) - Stepping up their game for the playoffs

11. New England (9-5) - Limping into the playoffs

10. Miami (9-5) - Holding onto their playoff spot and impressive one season turn aroundThese statements make no sense considering that:

Why are the Vikings allegedly stepping up their game when they barely beat and actually should have lost to Detroit two weeks ago, while the Patriots are allegedly limping into the playoffs even though they are playing just as good, if not better than the Vikes?:confused: The ONLY thing that I can guess is that you are factoring in that the Vikes play in the very weak NFC North while the Pats are playing in the extremely competitive AFC East.

Head-to-head, I would take the Patriots to beat the Vikings 8 or 9 times out of 10 games.

bengaaaaals1688
12-19-2008, 02:43 PM
These statements make no sense considering that:

Why are the Vikings allegedly stepping up their game when they barely beat and actually should have lost to Detroit two weeks ago, while the Patriots are allegedly limping into the playoffs even though they are playing just as good, if not better than the Vikes?:confused: The ONLY thing that I can guess is that you are factoring in that the Vikes play in the very weak NFC North while the Pats are playing in the extremely competitive AFC East.

Head-to-head, I would take the Patriots to beat the Vikings 8 or 9 times out of 10 games.

I would consider it mostly because the Vikings control their destiny and therefore by winning games, even if not playing at a perfect level, they are going to be in the playoffs, while the Patriots have to rely on other teams to lose in order to get themselves into the playoffs. Just my two cents.

MNPatsFan
12-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I would consider it mostly because the Vikings control their destiny and therefore by winning games, even if not playing at a perfect level, they are going to be in the playoffs, while the Patriots have to rely on other teams to lose in order to get themselves into the playoffs. Just my two cents.You may be right.:salute:

IMHO, however, it is a gross misstatement to assert that either the Vikings or the Broncos are "stepping up their game for the playoffs" merely because they control their own destiny due to the fact that they play in an extremely weak division.;) The Colts and the Panthers, on the other hand, have been stepping up their games for the playoffs. Just my :2cents:

bengaaaaals1688
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
You may be right.:salute:

IMHO, however, it is a gross misstatement to assert that either the Vikings or the Broncos are "stepping up their game for the playoffs" merely because they control their own destiny due to the fact that they play in an extremely weak division.;) The Colts and the Panthers, on the other hand, have been stepping up their games for the playoffs. Just my :2cents:

Well... Barring the Lions game the Vikings have stepped up. AP is finally bearing down and proving to be what he showed he could be last season, and they did just rip the Cardinals to shreds (who may play in a crappy division, but still have a good team). Whether they have stepped up enough to make a big push in the playoffs or not has yet to be seen, but they have stepped up from the midpoint, if you look at the difference in their play.

Colts and Panthers I fully agree with, though.:salute:

horsepig
12-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Nice trim Mnpatfan. The patsies are looking pretty good. As dumb as our Broncos look, I would put them ahead of Arizona, although I don't think I'll rank'em ahead of the sparklers. G-Men, Panthers, Titans, Steelers-take your pick baby.

Oh, don't forget the Colts.