PDA

View Full Version : Buff's Ongoing Negativity and Criticism Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Buff
09-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Rather than being an a-hole and sullying someone's sunshine and rainbows thread, I thought I would start a thread for only the most curmudgeon, bitter, angry fans among us.

I don't feel like picking any positives out of our 18th losing effort in 25 games. Just not interested.

We are in for another long year, which is turning into a long decade. We have absolutely no hope of winning this week. We have been relegated to an afterthought on the national stage. Therefore, I have no interest in anyone's BS positivity. Spare me.

This is a place where we can be as hateful and bitter as we want without anyone lecturing us about being bad fans. (Except maybe Mo.)

Nomad
09-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Doom needs to get some quick heal and rub it on his wounds and get his ass on the field! I want to see him and Miller light up Rivers!!

Buff
09-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Doom needs to get some quick heal and rub it on his wounds and get his ass on the field! I want to see him and Miller light up Rivers!!

Doom is proving to be about as durable as Eddie Royal once he made his $$.

Northman
09-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Lmao, awesome.

I think we are going to the Super Bowl this year.

Dreadnought
09-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I would like McD hired so he can be fired again. Once was not enough for the master Architect of this disaster

Dreadnought
09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Lmao, awesome.

:tsk:

Off topic. Please honor the intent of this thread, which is for pure 100 Proof bile and vitriol. TIA

Its part of the healing process

Tned
09-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Lmao, awesome.

Broncos may be in the bottom five in the league, but you are in the top three on BF in terms of chics in avvies! :salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I would like to publicly state that I hate Kyle Orton as our QB...

elsid13
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I would like McD hired so he can be fired again. Once was not enough for the master Architect of this disaster

hopefully this time we have an old fashion tar and feather party to celebrate this event.

red98
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
This thread is going to be rocking come about 7pm Sunday.

Tned
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
This thread is going to be rocking come about 7pm Sunday.

After the upset win?

red98
09-27-2011, 06:43 PM
After the upset win?

:focus:

shank
09-27-2011, 06:43 PM
buff. i'm in town 4th to the 10th. we need to go out, drink some beers (vodka cranberries, homo) and tackle some strange.

it would do us both a world of good.

don't say no.

spikerman
09-27-2011, 06:45 PM
After the upset win?

I think sarcasm is far too subtle for this thread.

Dirk
09-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Buff I hear ya! We agree for a change!

I am sick...just damn sick and tired of the product the Broncos have put on the field these days. We fire a jackass coach for extremely piss poor personel moves and hire a coach who doesn't know how to use the talent he has or fill the holes he has.

I will continue to wear my Broncos gear to work here in Missouri because I am A TRUE FAN and not a fair weather or "Johnny Come Lately" fan. Which I feel gives me the right to say........"I'M TIRED OF LOSING DAMMIT!"

Thanks Buff for the thread!

spikerman
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I was thinking on the way to work on Monday how rare it's become for me to feel good about a Broncos win on my first day back to work for the week. I pretty much just expect a loss now.

OrangeHoof
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Fire Shanny,uh,McDoofus,uh,Fox! :mad:

Dirk
09-27-2011, 07:01 PM
I was thinking on the way to work on Monday how rare it's become for me to feel good about a Broncos win on my first day back to work for the week. I pretty much just expect a loss now.

It's sad isn't it. The good old days of....4th quarter come backs are gone. :tsk:

red98
09-27-2011, 07:01 PM

I'm indifferent about wins and losses this year.

I was looking forward to steady improvement from the Defense but injuries have put an end to that mostly.

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I can say I will be a regular in this thread.

I tried to have a positive outlook once week 1 hit. I just can't do it anymore. At some point, the only way the fans will be able to affect change will be to boycott everything Broncos. It sucks but it was required in Det, SD, NO, Oakland. I would never think Denver would go to that but we are dangerously close to it. Off track, I told someone after the SF loss a few years back the morning D Will died that it would be a 10 year curse on the organization. Then came Nash. Then came McKinley.

Back on track, I don't buy the bull shit Elway tried selling on transparency. It was there for everything BUT the QB position. Elway knows he needs to keep the fan base and get some back. The longer Orton sucks like a hoover the harder that will be!

T.K.O.
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
there is something fundamentally wrong with losing to a team wearing powder blue & white uni's:salute:

T.K.O.
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM

my advice for the next 2 weeks?:laugh:.....take mondays off
actually i think we will go 1-1;)

claymore
09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Doom is proving to be about as durable as Eddie Royal once he made his $$.

Doom was the only one from the 2006 draft I didnt want to keep.

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 07:26 PM
I read this comment on PFT and laughed so hard!

This was in response to John Fox making the decision to continue to stick with Kyle Orton:

The Pack will help John Fox make a better decision next week.

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Don't worry guys, B Lloyd says the team will win eventually. :coffee:

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 08:09 PM
After the upset win?

Take your Rebecca from Sunnybrook farm bs somewhere else.

Slick
09-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Effin a

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Buff
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Take your Rebecca from Sunnybrook farm bs somewhere else

I would prefer to keep this in Broncos Talk so that all of the rainbow and sunshine fans are subject to my pessimism.

Side note: This post makes more sense having read your and Clay's exchange in the lounge. Without that context, someone might get the wrong idea from your post.

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I would prefer to keep this in Broncos Talk so that all of the rainbow and sunshine fans are subject to my pessimism.

Side note: This post makes more sense having read your and Clay's exchange in the lounge. Without that context, someone might get the wrong idea from your post.

glad you read that. and I figured a clever fella like yourself had good reason to create this thread in Broncos Talk. I will edit my posts to keep this thread in good standing.

chazoe60
09-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I wish I didn't put so much stock in one position but when you grow up watching John Elway it's hard to get excited watching that *********, boring, fan alienating, piece of shit kyle orton. It's to the point that I'm looking forward to the offseason much more than I am looking forward to any games we're going to play. At least when the offseason gets here I'll be able to say kyle boring orton is no longer a Bronco, unless EFX is completely brain dead and decide to extend the lump.

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 09:04 PM
yeah these are tough times

WARHORSE
09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Rather than being an a-hole and sullying someone's sunshine and rainbows thread, I thought I would start a thread for only the most curmudgeon, bitter, angry fans among us.

I don't feel like picking any positives out of our 18th losing effort in 25 games. Just not interested.

We are in for another long year, which is turning into a long decade. We have absolutely no hope of winning this week. We have been relegated to an afterthought on the national stage. Therefore, I have no interest in anyone's BS positivity. Spare me.

This is a place where we can be as hateful and bitter as we want without anyone lecturing us about being bad fans. (Except maybe Mo.)

Have you seen our punter?

Purty darn good punter dude. When was the last time you saw a mile high punter in Denver huh?

:coffee:

girler
09-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Buff, you amuse me.

Beyond that, i've lost all hope, all fire, all competitiveness that I have had since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I kept it until last season, and there was a spark with a new coach, but the spark is dead now. Its all just kind of sad. If this keeps up, i'll go through the motions another season and a half maybe, but then...

BeefStew25
09-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Ouryoungguysaregettinggoodrepsbye

sneakers
09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Damn, we suck.

MOtorboat
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Thank the Moses, Tebow and the Elway ghost, someone has a ******* sense of humor around here.

sneakers
09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Stages of Emotional Trauma

1. shock
2. disbelief
3. anger
4. sadness
5. acceptance

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM

1. shock
2. disbelief
3. anger
4. sadness
5. acceptance

6. diarrhea

chazoe60
09-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Love the new sig GL!

dogfish
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
yea, we pretty much suck like a five-dollar colfax hooker on two-for-one night. . . .

knowing we're an irrelevant afterthought before the first game is even played is the hardest part for me. . . there's literally nothing to hope for besides playing more young guys. . . this is what broncos football is now. . . joe ellis, go die in a fire you piece of ****ing filth!

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM

1. shock
2. disbelief
3. anger
4. sadness
5. acceptance

I hit acceptance after the 1st Chargers game last season. They way Kyle Orton played in a losing effort made me loss all faith in him, our coaches, and our team.

I'm glad we have some young guys contributing on defense like Miller, because for 3 seasons we have seen these guys quit on us time and time again when the going gets tough.

It all starts with Orton. He's a loser and a quitter.

sneakers
09-27-2011, 10:19 PM
I hit acceptance after the 1st Chargers game last season. They way Kyle Orton played in a losing effort made me loss all faith in him, our coaches, and our team.

I'm glad we have some young guys contributing on defense like Miller, because for 3 seasons we have seen these guys quit on us time and time again when the going gets tough.

It all starts with Orton. He's a loser and a quitter.

I think Fox is currently on "Disbelief".

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 10:19 PM
When I get bored, I pour vaseline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug.

chazoe60
09-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Do you have to heat the vaseline up to get it to pour?

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Do you have to heat the vaseline up to get it to pour?

Yes.

BeefStew25
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM

Pm me your digits.

chazoe60
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Beefstew is creepy.

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 10:33 PM

i do the same but with hooters girls and strippers

chazoe60
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
i do the same but with hooters girls and strippers

You pretend you're a stripper or a Hooters girl? That's weird.

dogfish
09-27-2011, 10:45 PM
man, you guys are totally ****ing up buff's thread. . . .

i'm going to have to contact NTL if this continues. . . .

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM

I'm going to have to contact ntl if this continues. . . .

:(

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
You pretend you're a stripper or a Hooters girl? That's weird.

No in the presence of.

But pretending to be a slug is totally normal :elefant:

jhildebrand
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM

i'm going to have to contact NTL if this continues. . . .

You're right!

Someone should tweet Elway and remind him of his quotes about winning the fans back. At this point they are losing a lot of fans in the Jax area code!

By the way, have I mentioned what a farce that so called "qb competition" was? :confused:

tubby
09-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I want to see continual improvement.

#faith

Poet
09-28-2011, 12:31 AM
At least you're not the Bengals.

SUCK IT BUFF

Buff
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
At least you're not the Bengals.

SUCK IT BUFF

Touche. You can always play that trump card, especially since ESPN made it official a couple of months back...

But please, let's try to keep this on topic. The Broncos are an astonishingly bad football team, notwithstanding the home win against the Bengals.

We're talking about a team that thinks Kyle Orton gives them the best chance to win. That's like me saying jean shorts give me the best chance of getting laid on Friday night.

dogfish
09-28-2011, 12:57 AM
i thought they looked pretty good on you. . . .

girler
09-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Touche. You can always play that trump card, especially since ESPN made it official a couple of months back...

But please, let's try to keep this on topic. The Broncos are an astonishingly bad football team, notwithstanding the home win against the Bengals.

We're talking about a team that thinks Kyle Orton gives them the best chance to win. That's like me saying jean shorts give me the best chance of getting laid on Friday night.

Well, if you said Friday night, 1991...

vandammage13
09-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Orton blows...

Knowshon sucks...

Royal is soft...

Beadles is a girl...

Ayers is a bust...

Fox is a moron....

MOtorboat
09-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I really hate the incomplete chant. Lame.

Beadles is a disaster.

Who even plays the three-tech?

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Orton blows...

Knowshon sucks...

Royal is soft...

Beadles is a girl...

Ayers is a bust...

Fox is a moron....

You took thew words right off my laptop...:elefant:

NightTrainLayne
09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I used to be proud to put my Broncos flag up to fly ove the house on gamedays.

Now I'm kind of embarrassed to be seen climbing the ladder with it. .. so I try to do it in the middle of the night Saturday night.

Dreadnought
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
As G-d is my witness, I will never permit my daughter to date a man named "Josh." Or "Mcdaniels"

SOCALORADO.
09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1109/cfb-heisman-watch-week-4/images/andrew-luck-opy6-118313.jpg

I Eat Staples
09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
As G-d is my witness, I will never permit my daughter to date a man named "Josh." Or "Mcdaniels"

I would never permit my daughter to speak to a man named Josh or McDaniels.

smith49
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
There was a time when our team would never loose at home. There was a time when no matter the what the situation, we always had a chance to win. There was a time when opponents feared our broncos. Those times are gone!!! GIVE ME BACK MY BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
99 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
99 problems at Mile High
Our Quarterbacks Suck
Dumb fans say suck for Luck
98 problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I just looked at our schedule for the rest of the year... THANK god we play KC twice this year.....

Davii
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
I had a friend named Josh once. I no longer speak to him.

BroncoNut
09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
I had a friend named Josh once. I no longer speak to him.

Good for you. I assume it is because of Josh McD?

arapaho2
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
this about sums up the pocket sloth
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7031/ortonpanik.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/ortonpanik.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

loads of open field....zero pressure....a orton panick and throw away

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
98 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
98 problems at Mile High
Our last coach screwed us hard
So we hired a tub of lard
97 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
97 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
97 problems at Mile High
Doom looked like his problems were over
Then he hurt is damn shoulder
96 Problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7031/ortonpanik.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/ortonpanik.jpg/)

But.... But.... But... His Ribs/eye/finger/knee/uvula are all torn and broken...:confused:

slim
09-28-2011, 01:26 PM

I'm sure RC will be here shortly to tell us why this wasn't Orton's fault.

girler
09-28-2011, 01:26 PM
But.... But.... But... His Ribs/eye/finger/knee/uvula are all torn and broken...:confused:

So he's a GIRL house!?!?! :eek:

jhildebrand
09-28-2011, 01:36 PM

VIRGIL GREEN (who has a wicked vertical) was WIDE OPEN like a $10 hooker on Colfax on that play.

The bottom line is the Broncos have 99 problems and the bitch is one!

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 01:37 PM
96 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
96 problems at Mile High
Our O-Line works off their ass
Yet K Os sitting in grass
95 Problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 01:47 PM
95 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
95 problems at Mile High
The players are upset with the fans
But its our money in their hands
94 Problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

The Glue Factory
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
hopefully this time we have an old fashion tar and feather party to celebrate this event.

Followed by the fan favorite lynching. Beheading is too good for him although drawing & quartering him would be sufficient.

girler
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Followed by the fan favorite lynching. Beheading is too good for him although drawing & quartering him would be sufficient.

But only if the tar and feathering was first, mind you. And then scraped off after it got cold and set for a few days. Then we could draw and quarter him at the end of a parade or something, and start off an annual party, like New Orleans has. People would flock to Denver every year!

arapaho2
09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
VIRGIL GREEN (who has a wicked vertical) was WIDE OPEN like a $10 hooker on Colfax on that play.

The bottom line is the Broncos have 99 problems and the bitch is one!

and i look at that pix and think...with that wide open field...nothing would have stopped tebow from scoreing

getlynched47
09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I really hate the incomplete chant. Lame.

Beadles is a disaster.

Who even plays the three-tech?

Beadles AND JD Walton are absolute garbage. According to Pro Football Focus, they both rank dead-last at their respective positions in terms of effectiveness.

When you have two of the worst offensive lineman in the league, on the same team, starting right next to each other.....we're screwed.

Mike
09-28-2011, 04:17 PM
In honor of Dread, and hatred of all things McD, I will kick any person named Josh or McDaniels in the nuts.

dogfish
09-28-2011, 05:00 PM

bury him up to his neck out in a field somewhere, cover his head in honey, and let the critters deal with him. . . .

Davii
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
bury him up to his neck out in a field somewhere, cover his head in honey, and let the critters deal with him. . . .

With or without hoodie?

dogfish
09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
With or without hoodie?

no hoodie. . . .

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
94 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
94 problems at Mile High
Xanders cant evaluate
NFL tallent at any rate
93 problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

shank
09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
94 problems at Mile High Stadium this Fall
94 problems at Mile High
Xanders cant evaluate
NFL tallent at any rate
93 problems at Mile High Stadium this fall

you realize that if you don't take this all the way to 0, you will get listed in clay's newest thread, right?

Buff
09-28-2011, 06:32 PM
you realize that if you don't take this all the way to 0, you will get listed in clay's newest thread, right?

If he takes it past 90, I'm putting him on iggy.

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 07:13 PM
we did 99 for the rox yesterday, figured the broncos had plenty of their own

Thnikkaman
09-28-2011, 07:13 PM

**** clay.

Tned
09-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm sure RC will be here shortly to tell us why this wasn't Orton's fault.

And bcbronc to tell us how Virgil Green was triple covered and not even Manning or Brady would do anything except throw the ball away in that spot.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I went ahead and stickied this thread so we can all use it to vent this season. It's a good idea by Buff and I have a feeling we're all going to have something to bitch about. Doing it here is the right place for it.

Keep the Lounge talk and personal attacks out of it and I see no reason that this can't be a great thread... :D

MOtorboat
09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I went ahead and stickied this thread so we can all use it to vent this season. It's a good idea by Buff and I have a feeling we're all going to have something to bitch about. Doing it here is the right place for it.

Keep the Lounge talk and personal attacks out of it and I see no reason that this can't be a great thread... :D

Oh sweet...keeping with company line...Kyle Orton sucks and Tim Tebow should be starting...

Dreadnought
09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh sweet...keeping with company line...Kyle Orton sucks and Tim Tebow should be starting...

No, there are plenty of other reasons to be bitter and angry as Bronco fans. Knowshon Moreno. Zane Beadles poor play. Peyton Hillis. Richard Quinn. Nolan's firing. Red Zone playcalling. The Tony Scheffler trade. We can go on at length, and this thread is a perfect catch-all for same

HORSEPOWER 56
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Thanks Captain Buzzkill. I forgot, nothing is worth saying if it doesn't agree with Mo's point of view...

MOtorboat
09-28-2011, 10:01 PM
No, there are plenty of other reasons to be bitter and angry as Bronco fans. Knowshon Moreno. Zane Beadles poor play. Peyton Hillis. Richard Quinn. Nolan's firing. Red Zone playcalling. The Tony Scheffler trade. We can go on at length, and this thread is a perfect catch-all for same

Does that mean we don't have to put up with it in the main forum, now?

Because I'm all for that.

After all, there's a singular stickied thread now devoted to negativity and criticism.

Medford Bronco
09-28-2011, 10:03 PM
If Hasselbeck can light us up for over 300 and 75% completion percentage with his best WR getting hurt during the game

what is one of the top QBs in the league and Super Bowl MVP going to do?

450 yards, 4 tds?

I feel we are going to be smoked this week by a team that reminds me of the 98 Broncos

Medford Bronco
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM

Know Show Moreno:mad:

and an offensive line that is offensive that cant open up any holes to run through. When was the last time we had a good running game. When Clinton Portis was here:eek:

Medford Bronco
09-28-2011, 10:06 PM

He is doing his best to get FGs for the Rams and ruining Sam Bradford.

Good Work Josh:salute:

Maybe you can ask the Rams to trade for Cassel. :lol: you fraud.

Tned
09-28-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/troll.jpg

MOtorboat
09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry fellas. Any chance we could just delete the last two posts of mine and said responses and just move forward?

TIA

jhildebrand
09-28-2011, 10:50 PM
This O line will look much better with TT under center. It did last year and I am convinced this year will too.

dogfish
09-28-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm sorry fellas. Any chance we could just delete the last two posts of mine and said responses and just move forward?

TIA

there's nothing like a midget being the bigger man. . . . :heh:

i'm gonna go get me a disney flick. . .

i think i'll get rudy in honor of tebow. . . .

dogfish
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
He is doing his best to get FGs for the Rams and ruining Sam Bradford.

Good Work Josh:salute:

Maybe you can ask the Rams to trade for Cassel. :lol: you fraud.

i seriously hate seeing that-- i've been a fan of bradford dating back to oklahoma-- i hate to see that dumbass mcdaniels retard sam's development. . .

Dreadnought
09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
i seriously hate seeing that-- i've been a fan of bradford dating back to oklahoma-- i hate to see that dumbass mcdaniels retard sam's development. . .

This is why I take the Minority view that McD has blown the one chance he'll ever get to head coach in the NFL. Even the Bengals aren't stupid enough to ever let this guy take the reins, and as time goes by hindsight is showing him as even worse than we thought.

dogfish
09-28-2011, 11:45 PM
This is why I take the Minority view that McD has blown the one chance he'll ever get to head coach in the NFL. Even the Bengals aren't stupid enough to ever let this guy take the reins, and as time goes by hindsight is showing him as even worse than we thought.

no, i agree completely. . .

i think the 6-0 start and his glorious victory over belly were likely the high points of the little twit's post-brady career. . . .

at least in the NFL-- he and his cheap system might be just right as the dictator of some backwater division II program. . . . like a really poor man's bob knight, only without the wins. . . .

HORSEPOWER 56
09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
no, i agree completely. . .

i think the 6-0 start and his glorious victory over belly were likely the high points of the little twit's post-brady career. . . .

at least in the NFL-- he and his cheap system might be just right as the dictator of some backwater division II program. . . . like a really poor man's bob knight, only without the wins. . . .

But, I thought he was an offensive genius... :lol:

The only thing that brings me joy so far this season is watching the St Louis McDaniels get their asses kicked every week. I hope they go 0-16 and he gets fired as the O-coordinator at the end of the year and never works in football again.

chazoe60
09-29-2011, 07:40 AM
MO gets the award for negative positivity.

elsid13
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM

You will be surprised how stupid, owners and gms are. The name Kotite ring a bell?

Dreadnought
09-29-2011, 04:59 PM
You will be surprised how stupid, owners and gms are. The name Kotite ring a bell?

Kotite > McDaniels. Kotite didn't walk into as good a situation as McD did.

gnomeflinger
09-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Rather than start a Orton vs Tebow thread (and possibly be banned for doing so), I will ask my question here. While each has their strengths and weaknesses, who do you think is a better starter?

Buff
09-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Rather than start a Orton vs Tebow thread (and possibly be banned for doing so), I will ask my question here. While each has their strengths and weaknesses, who do you think is a better starter?

Gnome, I am going to try an be polite in answering this question because I know your intentions are good.

There are currently 7,000 open threads that are entirely devoted to this topic. This is not the thread for any logical debate. This is the place to show outward frustration with a team that has sucked balls for a number of years now.

So, I don't want to hear about Orton's strengths, because frankly, I'm sick of getting smoke blown up our collective asses then witnessing the same BS breakdowns every single week.

You actually would have been better off starting the 7,001st thread on the topic because then you wouldn't have me lecturing you about posting in the wrong thread.

girler
09-29-2011, 05:53 PM

:hi5: gnomey for making buff (and many others, I'm sure) blow his top, then swallow his tongue! :pound:

and Buff, good job being nice to gnomey. You are a good man. :kiss:

gnomeflinger
09-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Ok point taken. I haven't read any of the other 7,000 threads because of that. I was not wanting to start a debate just add to the frustration of what is wrong with the team. But I will back off that topic and vent about everything else. :D

Lancane
09-30-2011, 11:16 PM
But, I thought he was an offensive genius... :lol:

Compared to our current offensive coordinator that's a possibility...;)

Dzone
10-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Tebow is a better option at QB. He might end up with a concussion, but he will fight to get yards.
:pound:

Broncos Mtnman
10-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Yep, the team sucks and I can't for the life of me see why there are those who think Tim Terrific is the answer.

Considering the draft record of Mickey the boy genius, his over-reach with TT isn't likely to be any different.

I'm also ticked with John-boy's selection of Fox. You would think that a QB that played under Reeves wouldn't have been so quick to hire Reeves 2.0, not to mention Fox coached the worse team in the NFL last year.

sneakers
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Yay! More screens! Gain of 3.

Davii
10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think this thread should become the Game Day thread. There is absolutely nothing positive about this team this week. Every phase was horrendous. Especially the head "coach".

Disgusting.

BigDaddyBronco
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I was starting to like Kno Show a little after the sweet fake on the flea flicker, then he went off and tried three times to hurt himself on the screen pass. I swear he has to be the least coordinated athlete I have ever seen. Getting his ankle twisted on the tackle looked like a sure fire way for him to miss a few more weeks, but he came back for the weak ass two point conversion where Kuper blocked the ground for him.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Von Miller and Decker were solid again today.

girler
10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Von Miller and Decker were solid again today.

Hey, wrong thread for that! Unless you word it like: 52 out of 54 players SUCKED ASS today.

There, now it fits with the theme of the thread. :D

Dzone
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Fox looks lie a ******* clown on the sidelines

Dzone
10-02-2011, 07:17 PM
The last Bronco coach who looked that stupid was wade phillips

Dzone
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
No excuse for losing that onside kick. Thats poor coaching.

BroncoStud
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM

That's who came to mind watching his dumb ass on the sideline. Fox is a freaking joke. You don't accidentally go 2-14.

girler
10-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Wade looked rather good today with the Texans beating up Pittsburgh like they did. Big Ben looked like he wanted to cry. :laugh:

flash3six0
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
We are the worst team in the league...the Vikings wish they could play us!

Dzone
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
it sucks that we have to get used to beatings like this one for the rest of the year.

spikerman
10-02-2011, 08:11 PM
it sucks that we have to get used to beatings like this one for the rest of the year.

Sadly, I'm already used to beatings like this.

Buff
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I went effing hiking (hiking!) today instead of watching the game. First time in the last 10 years I can remember purposely scheduling over a Broncos game that wasn't directly related to thanksgiving or christmas...

I'm not even sure if I want to watch highlights or the DVR... Maybe I'm just better off in life never knowing what happened. (I did at least check the score)

Thnikkaman
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
I am going to be pissed if Fox is coaching this team next year. The fat **** needs to go.

BeefStew25
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I am going to be pissed if Fox is coaching this team next year. The fat **** needs to go.

Oh lord.

chazoe60
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Remember when Orton's best attribute was that he didn't turn the ball over? :laugh: What is it now?

Thnikkaman
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh lord.

I can be unnecessarily negative in this thread. Its my right as a tax paying idiot.

Northman
10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Orton sucks, there is no denying it. The fact that a 7 year vet isnt much better than a young QB with only 3 games on his belt speaks volumes.

Buff
10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I can be unnecessarily negative in this thread. Its my right as a tax paying idiot.

You are safe here, Tink. Beef can't judge you here.

frauschieze
10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't think a single one of Orton's throws were on target. More often than not, the receiver had to go and get it, even when there was no one around. That Lloyd fumble? AWFUL pass. Simply disgusting. If he hit Lloyd in stride that was a touchdown.

I can't believe I watched that whole game.

atwater27
10-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I really truly can't blame Fox too much. He inherited the mess. can't fix it in one season.

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:38 AM

I say that since we missed the chance to tar and feather McDaniels we take out THAT frustration as well on Orton, forcibly benching him before next week's game and making him walk the sidelines in costume while being visibly seen supporting Tim Tebow as the starting quarterback. Any negative or "no comment" comments on his part will be another flogging for him. Who knows, maybe Kyle can learn a thing or two from being mentored by Tebow; like how to hold on to the ball and how to be more mobile than a statue?

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Remember when Orton's best attribute was that he didn't turn the ball over? :laugh: What is it now?

Umm...that he has a really sweet looking beard and 'stache? Umm...wait...no.... I give up!!

Lancane
10-03-2011, 04:16 AM
I really truly can't blame Fox too much. He inherited the mess. can't fix it in one season.

Don't be blinded by unsubstantial facts, as Texans usually say "Remember the Alamo", I'll simply tell you to "Remember the Panthers"!

John Fox wasn't in trouble because Carolina management disliked him, it was that he refused to heed their warnings when they told him to fix the offensive side of the ball and he refused to listen and his staff being loyal refused as well, that's why they fired so many in 2008, and still Fox didn't listen and simply replaced them with even worse coaches. John Fox was done in Carolina long before his disastrous season last year, they simply wanted to wait till his contract was done instead of firing him outright and still owing his ass money.

John Fox was the wrong coach for the job IMHO, I still believe we should have hired Rick Dennison as the head coach and possibly added Fox as the defensive coordinator and the more I see, the more I believe that.

echobravo
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Irritates me to hear the media portray the Orton fiasco as a QB controversy between him and Tebow. NOT THE CASE! It is a controversy between Orton and any other warm Body we could think of to throw in at QB. Orton sucks rocks and we will never field a winner with him under center. Sickening what he has done to my memories of Kubiak by wearing number 8

DeltaD
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
John Fox was a poor coach, and Denver hired him. Orton is a recycled loser and Denver traded for him. They have no intention of playing winning football.

Tebow is a winner, you can't teach that. Fox is a moron not to know that.
Look at all the other QB's who started their first year. Denver is just making excuses why they don't play him.

Doug Flutie was a winner. And look at the idiots he played for, or should I say wouldn't let him play. Namely Wade Phillips.

I don't know what it takes for the people in charge to make the right decisions. Seems they want to lose intentionally.

Buff
10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
After 4 games and one press conference today, I am officially off the John Fox bandwagon.

I just can't imagine a worse disaster of a football team. They are ruining my life.

Dzone
10-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Things began going down the drain fast when Bowlen said Jim Harbaugh was too expensive.We were on a budget and we had to go for a cheap coach. Instead of spending a little extra to get a young winner in Harbaugh, Bowlen went for the inexpensive dude who is on the downside of his coaching career. Now we are paying the price. You get what ya pay for. We bought inferiority.

MOtorboat
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I severely dislike McCoy's play calling. Severely.

BroncoDiva87
10-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I thought that fox coming to Denver was gonna be a positive! I mean, after what we had to put up with last season, ::cough::: :( it was a step up, right?? now 4 games in... Maybe not so much!!! & WTH is John doing besides trying to look pretty?? I just don't get it :: smh::; its becoming more & more apparent to me that Bowlen is really in bad shape healthwise like it's been rumored, & it's a mess all around!

Dzone
10-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Ha, thay talk about Dez drama in dallas...Sure would take a little Dez drama over havin a dude with 3 screws in his finger.

BigDaddyBronco
10-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Fox is suposed to be a defensive minded coach, and we have seen the defense improve. If they can hire a dynamic offensive coordinator to pair with him it would improve things. The problem is that Fox's offensive strategy is to not put the defense in bad positions and to control the clock. While this can win football games, it can be boring to watch and doesn't mirror many of today's top offenses. I think of the Bears with Martz or the Jets with Schottenheimer as two teams with better talent that are still struggling due to their overall philosophy. I'm more inclined to go with the like of Pittsburgh or Baltimore where they are balanced between a great defense and a balanced offense that can control the clock and throw it down the field.

horsepig
10-04-2011, 04:05 PM
You want some negativity Buff? How about if Bowlen and his merry pranksters had shown one ounce of people skills while interviewing that immature little twit McDouchenozzle and would have hired Raheem Morris instead?

Over the last 3 years we would have seen; a true franchise QB in Freeman, a true sstud rock pounder like Blount in the backfield, 4 DE's & 4 DT's drafted in the first 3 rounds of our drafts, a very solid OL left practically intact, and the full development of a true powerhouse defense. Can you imagine Champ on such a defense?

BigDaddyBronco
10-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Could of had Freeman and Orakpo instead of Ayers and Moreno. How about them apples.

dogfish
10-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Could of had Freeman and Orakpo instead of Ayers and Moreno. How about them apples.

thanks for the kick in the nuts, ya big oaf. . . :tsk:

echobravo
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
You know the franchise is in for a lost decade when ESPN starts sending Ed Worder out to your practice facility for updates on this or that drama.

Lately my definition of a successful season for the Broncos is one in which they do not sign Orton to a contract extension. That he is still in the last year of his contract is my only feeling of hope for the future of the QB position in Denver.
Go with Quinn, go with Tebow, draft a QB, trade for a QB, any of those is an improvement to what Orton has delivered in Denver. Hard to get excited about young players stepping up and overall team development when number 8 is out there fumble farting his way through a game.

Maybe they should convince him that the games are actually practices.

Softskull
10-04-2011, 06:14 PM
So if Fox is waiting for the team to abandon Orton before moving to Tebow, how long do you think that will take? I suspect it's happening now.

elsid13
10-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Freeman would have been gone, but we could have had Orakpo and Alex Mack (Center -Browns, who played a game then had an appendectomy and is schedule to start next week)

girler
10-04-2011, 08:02 PM
thanks for the kick in the nuts, ya big oaf. . . :tsk:

If you REALLY want a kick in the nuts, I'm available. :lollypop: Maybe I can go to Dove Valley and offer it there, then they can get down to playing football if their nuts are taken care of already. :salute:

chazoe60
10-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Demaryus Thomas is almost always the best WR at the hospital.

Oh and guys we wouldn't have had Freeman, we'd still have Cutler, BMarsh, Scheffler, and a rebuilt defense.

In our last two HC searches we could have had
Dennison(twice)
Spagnolo
Schwartz
Morris
Leslie Frazier
Rex Ryan

We ended up with McDumbshit and Fox

Our decision makers are really screwing the pooch folks.

spikerman
10-04-2011, 08:28 PM

Oh and guys we wouldn't have had Freeman, we'd still have Cutler, BMarsh, Scheffler, and a rebuilt defense.

Dennison(twice)
Spagnolo
Schwartz
Morris
Leslie Frazier
Rex Ryan

Just keep in mind that McDaniels gave the team the best chance to win.

horsepig
10-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Really, Spike, that seems to be just a little bit sarcastic. :beer:

girler
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM

Dennison(twice)
Spagnolo
Schwartz
Morris
Leslie Frazier
Rex Ryan

:eek: You mean Nut is on here blowing smoke up our asses while really, he's Broncos FMFO??? :shocked:

echobravo
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Remember the good old days when a Bronco fan could look at other franchises and say, "gosh those poor guys in (take your pick)." Seems like an awful long time ago. I root for a franchise that seems intent on putting out a subpar product. Holy crap! I just realized we have become the L.A. Clippers of the NFL!

A coach whose pressers could consist completely of the quote, "Move along people nothing to see here."

Sometimes I think it is the organization against the fans.

Even the thought of wait for next year does little to help seeing as it is only week bleeding five!!

Looked at the schedule yesterday and can only see maybe five wins for the whole season. Less if number 8 is at the helm.

spikerman
10-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Really, Spike, that seems to be just a little bit sarcastic. :beer:

Moi? Sarcastic? :D

spikerman
10-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Remember the good old days when a Bronco fan could look at other franchises and say, "gosh those poor guys in (take your pick)."

I still do that. I think to myself, "Gosh those poor guys in (take your pick), they're going to be so nervous watching their team in the playoffs.

slim
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I am glad this thread is stickied.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM

You're welcome.

Buff
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM

I think that means I've arrived as a BF poster... It's a pretty prestigious honor - as evidenced by all of the other prestigious stickied threads.

Northman
10-06-2011, 01:20 PM
We could use a little more people who whine about whiners. I never get enough of that. lol

slim
10-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I think that means I've arrived as a BF poster... It's a pretty prestigious honor - as evidenced by all of the other prestigious stickied threads.

You are in fine company, buff.

You should be proud.

GEM
10-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Freeman would have been gone, but we could have had Orakpo and Alex Mack (Center -Browns, who played a game then had an appendectomy and is schedule to start next week)

Could have taken Freeman instead of Moreno and Clay Matthews was on the board when we took Ayers. :mad:

Nomad
10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Could have taken Freeman instead of Moreno and Clay Matthews was on the board when we took Ayers. :mad:

I don't remember very many people here very high on Freeman at the time of the draft.

Buff
10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't remember very many people here very high on Freeman at the time of the draft.

I was positive he was going to be a bust. In retrospect, my evaluation may have been skewed by my dislike of K-State. That, and he was surrounded by a crappy supporting cast.

claymore
10-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I was positive he was going to be a bust. In retrospect, my evaluation may have been skewed by my dislike of K-State. That, and he was surrounded by a crappy supporting cast.

I love the kid. I was wrong about him and Raheem Morris.

Nomad
10-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Some reason I thought he went to Kentucky. I remember K State having a hell of a team in the late 90s or early 00s.

horsepig
10-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I wasn't high on Freeman at all. But, I spread cow shit for a living, what the Hell do I know about college talent? I hate the way they're building the team and I happened to look at Tampa's team on MNF and thought-WOW, what if we'd hired Morris?

Morrris coached Freeman at KSU and knew what Freeman had. Then he went like John Belushi after twinkies for DL in the draft.

I just wish we had someone in charge that felt that same way.

jhildebrand
10-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I know me and Rav were pretty high on Freeman coming out of college. The kid can beast mode

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM

I don't blame any team for passing on Matthews that year (and a lot of first round teams did - rememeber, he was GB's 2nd first rounder). He was the #3 LB (by far) on that USC defense between Maualuga, Cushing, and himself. He was the smallest at around 220 Lbs, the slowest of the three on the field, and made the least impact. He went in the first round by name alone. Nobody could've predicted what he'd become. He looked like a slow WLB in a 4-3 coming out of college, not a 3-4 pass-rushing machine.

The fact that he gained 30 lbs of muscle in one off-season (which is still suspect to me - can you say HGH?) and was paired with probably one of the top-3, 3-4 DCs helped him tremendously. Put that guy on any other team except Pittsburgh and he'd never reach his potential. He'd look like his brother Casey in Philly. I'm a strong believer that Matthews is a good player in a great situation. They've almost Tailored that defense specifically to get him free so he can just rush the passer almost unblocked every play. had we drafted him, he'd be a mediocre OLB in our 4-3 because he doesn't cover or play the run particularly well.

Northman
10-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm a strong believer that Matthews is a good player in a great situation. They've almost Tailored that defense specifically to get him free so he can just rush the passer almost unblocked every play. had we drafted him, he'd be a mediocre OLB in our 4-3 because he doesn't cover or play the run particularly well.

Hmmmm, cant say i agree with you mate. GB's defense in general is still suspect but Matthews is a playmaker. Its easy to tell just like Miller is on our defense.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Hmmmm, cant say i agree with you mate. GB's defense in general is still suspect but Matthews is a playmaker. Its easy to tell just like Miller is on our defense.

I'm with you on this one. Mathews is purely a beast on the pass rush and is a playmaker. Its why I wanted him then, and wish we had him now. Outstanding players shine, no matter what team they are on.

Lancane
10-08-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm with you on this one. Mathews is purely a beast on the pass rush and is a playmaker. Its why I wanted him then, and wish we had him now. Outstanding players shine, no matter what team they are on.

It's still hard to believe that in the two years under McDaniels that we had so many solid draft picks that have been literally wasted! It's rather sickening the more I think about it!

jhildebrand
10-08-2011, 11:56 AM
It's still hard to believe that in the two years under McDaniels that we had so many solid draft picks that have been literally wasted! It's rather sickening the more I think about it!

I often think about the Moreno/Ayers draft.

That draft could have been

Orakpo/Matthews/Maualuga

Orakpo/Ziggi Hood (I liked better than Matthews at the time)/Maualuga

Tell me our D wouldn't be drastically better right now.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2011, 12:14 PM

Orakpo/Matthews/Maualuga

Thats EXACTLY the picks I wanted at the time... Orakpo, Mathews.. and Maualuga was just SITTING there and we SOOOOOO need that kind of presence in the middle of our D! Ughhh...

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Doesn't change the fact that he was 220 lbs coming out of college and was the 3rd best LB on a LOADED defense. Matthews is like Harrison in Pittsburgh - right player, right scheme, perfect coaching staff for him. C'mon he plays in the 3-4 for Dom Capers and his position coach is Kevin F'n Greene...

Tell me he'd have had anywhere near the same success playing for Wink... Green Bay built that monster, he isn't the same guy now he was when he was drafted.

Lancane
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Orakpo/Matthews/Maualuga

It's not the players that we missed out on that bothers me, it's the fact that in two years we had four first round draft picks and as many second round picks, and that's exactly what you need to build the core of an NFL team and almost everyone of our picks during that two year period are barely worth a damn.

Northman
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he was 220 lbs coming out of college and was the 3rd best LB on a LOADED defense. Matthews is like Harrison in Pittsburgh - right player, right scheme, perfect coaching staff for him. C'mon he plays in the 3-4 for Dom Capers and his position coach is Kevin F'n Greene...

Tell me he'd have had anywhere near the same success playing for Wink... Green Bay built that monster, he isn't the same guy now he was when he was drafted.

Do i think he gets help with guys like Raji there? Yea, but then a lot of great LB's do. I cant speculate as to if he is on Roids or not, that just wouldnt be fair since i dont know him personally, etc. But yes, he was a great LB in college and i think he would of been great under wink AT HIS RESPECTIVE POSITION. Denver's defense sucks, but you can at least tell where the talent is. AJ Hawk was a great college player but nowhere near the playmaker that Matthews is. The dude has a nose for the ball and makes plays.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Some just didn't like Mathews coming out of college. I'm guessing they were fans of an opposing team, or felt he was "over rated" because of his last name. Personally, I wanted him BECAUSE of his family name and so far I've been DEAD on with him. I don't think that Mathews is some "product of the system".... he's proved to be a force, and I don't care what system you are in, if you are good, you are good. Mathews doesn't continue to beat OTs on the rush because he's playing for GB.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Some just didn't like Mathews coming out of college. I'm guessing they were fans of an opposing team, or felt he was "over rated" because of his last name. Personally, I wanted him BECAUSE of his family name and so far I've been DEAD on with him. I don't think that Mathews is some "product of the system".... he's proved to be a force, and I don't care what system you are in, if you are good, you are good. Mathews doesn't continue to beat OTs on the rush because he's playing for GB.

Matthews rarely does beat OTs. Most of his sacks are schemed to where he either stunts inside and comes free or he gets a favorable matchup on a TE or RB. As for AJ Hawk, he had a career year last year inside because of Capers. He was widely seen as a potential bust until Capers got there.

All I'm saying in regard to Matthews is that he was considered a late 1st rounder by some and a second rounder by most scouts. He was nowhere near the player he is now when he was in college. Orakpo? yep. I'm not trying to rip on Matthews or diminish what he's done so far, but with the way he played in college and how he was when drafted, he landed in the ideal situation.

Lancane
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM

I disagree HP, I was on the Matthews bandwagon while most were going on about Cushing or Maualuga. I've stated since the beginning that I felt that Matthews would end up being the best of the three and so far he has been, while Cushing has done well, Maualuga the one most Broncos' fans were clamoring for has been somewhat of a letdown thus far, and I would say he's the one who's been most effected by the team he went to.

Lancane
10-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Do i think he gets help with guys like Raji there? Yea, but then a lot of great LB's do. I cant speculate as to if he is on Roids or not, that just wouldnt be fair since i dont know him personally, etc. But yes, he was a great LB in college and i think he would of been great under wink AT HIS RESPECTIVE POSITION. Denver's defense sucks, but you can at least tell where the talent is. AJ Hawk was a great college player but nowhere near the playmaker that Matthews is. The dude has a nose for the ball and makes plays.

That's the issue I have, it's not simply that one great player such as Matthews or Orakpo was available, but that there were a number of quality players much more capable then the kids we drafted that were.

Agent of Orange
10-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Orakpo/Matthews/Maualuga

Wasnt this also the Raji draft? We would have been better off trading up for Raji. Instead we get Moreno when Hillis was already on the roster.

sneakers
10-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Turds

Buff
10-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Wasnt this also the Raji draft? We would have been better off trading up for Raji. Instead we get Moreno when Hillis was already on the roster.

I'm not necessarily disputing this... Of course we'd love to have Raji. But it's not really fair to say "we would have been better off trading up for this Top 10 draft pick who has panned out really well for the defending SB champions."

A.) Hindsight is 20/20. B.) It's hard to say what we would have had to give up to get into the Top 10.

BeefStew25
10-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Picking the best player drafted behind our spot is gay and immature.

Agent of Orange
10-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not necessarily disputing this... Of course we'd love to have Raji. But it's not really fair to say "we would have been better off trading up for this Top 10 draft pick who has panned out really well for the defending SB champions."

A.) Hindsight is 20/20. B.) It's hard to say what we would have had to give up to get into the Top 10.

Is it really hindsight? A lot of people have been clamoring for a big time DT for a long time. Lets face it, a DE that doesnt get sacks isnt really worth a first round pick.

I think it's perfectly fair to critique those picks especially since we also drafted Moreno (who had flaws then that have been prevalent in the NFL) when we already had Hillis.

chazoe60
10-09-2011, 09:59 AM
If we're going to lose today anyway I hope Orton sucks terribly. If we win good but otherwise I want Orton to throw 10 ints.

Buff
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Is it really hindsight? A lot of people have been clamoring for a big time DT for a long time. Lets face it, a DE that doesnt get sacks isnt really worth a first round pick.

I think it's perfectly fair to critique those picks especially since we also drafted Moreno (who had flaws then that have been prevalent in the NFL) when we already had Hillis.

I wanted Raji too. He was a consensus Top 15 talent. So of course we wanted him. But you can't criticize the team for not trading into the Top 10 ahead of another team with a clear DT need. The cost would have been huge. And why stop there? Why not pick out any other Top 10 talent that we hypothetically could have traded up for?

I agree that our draft picks sucked that year... But Raji was off the board.

moser1986
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I can't believe Fox caved to the Tebow idiots.
I thought he had a pair!!
At least Quinn can take a snap under center!

chazoe60
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM

I can't believe any idiot would want to keep watching Orton, or skip the second string guy and go right to the third stringer.

Did you watch the Arizona preseason game?

Great first post though. :rolleyes:

girler
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
I can't believe any idiot would want to keep watching Orton, or skip the second string guy and go right to the third stringer.

Did you watch the Arizona preseason game?

Great first post though. :rolleyes:

:listen: who you talkin to?

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Raji was unobtainable. There was no way Ted Thompson was losing out on that guy.

You want to cry about woulda shoulda coulda you cry when McD could have drafted:

Orakpo, Ziggi Hood (there is your DL), and Maualuga without any maneuvering. :sick:

Agent of Orange
10-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I wanted Raji too. He was a consensus Top 15 talent. So of course we wanted him. But you can't criticize the team for not trading into the Top 10 ahead of another team with a clear DT need. The cost would have been huge. And why stop there? Why not pick out any other Top 10 talent that we hypothetically could have traded up for?

I agree that our draft picks sucked that year... But Raji was off the board.

You most certainly can. The alternative was taking a RB that runs a 4.6 and a DE who doesnt get sacks. You can get those up and down the draft.

Agent of Orange
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Raji was unobtainable. There was no way Ted Thompson was losing out on that guy.

You want to cry about woulda shoulda coulda you cry when McD could have drafted:

Orakpo, Ziggi Hood (there is your DL), and Maualuga without any maneuvering. :sick:

I doubt it would have been hard to trade up in front of Green Bay.

MOtorboat
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM
You most certainly can. The alternative was taking a RB that runs a 4.6 and a DE who doesnt get sacks. You can get those up and down the draft.

Yeah, you're right, Denver execs are stupid because they didn't trade up to draft Adrian Peterson, Ndamakong Suh, Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

What idiots.

jhildebrand
10-10-2011, 10:30 PM
I doubt it would have been hard to trade up in front of Green Bay.

Well McDaniels tried. Go back and look. It was talked about plenty. If there was anybody who could pull off the trade to get ahead of GB for Raji it is McD and Belichick and it didn't happen.

Again, it was well discussed. Go back and look!

Tempus Fugit
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Interesting thread

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, you're right, Denver execs are stupid because they didn't trade up to draft Adrian Peterson, Ndamakong Suh, Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

What idiots.

yeah, and all but AP is currently on the 5-0 Lion Roster. Yeah, dont' trade up. Great idea Mo

MOtorboat
10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
yeah, and all but AP is currently on the 5-0 Lion Roster. Yeah, dont' trade up. Great idea Mo

Do you really want to go down this road nut?

slim
10-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I can't believe people actually think that the coaches listen to the fans!

Nomad
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I can't believe people actually think that the coaches listen to the fans!

You know, slim, I just realized that smilie in your sig has nothing to do with picking your nose and trying to flick a booger!:lol:

slim
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
You know, slim, I just realized that smilie in your sig has nothing to do with picking your nose and trying to flick a booger!:lol:

I'm still not sure what the little fella is doing, but my guess is that he is punching the clown.

girler
10-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm still not sure what the little fella is doing, but my guess is that he is punching the clown.

derp, he's playing with his favorite joy stick. :der:

jlarsiii
10-11-2011, 09:03 PM
derp, he's playing with his favorite joy stick. :der:

trying to pop some bottles, eh girler?

Sorry, couldn't resist with your sig being what it is

vettesplus
10-18-2011, 09:18 AM
when you all get tired of watching the broncos lose, you can switch over to altitude and watch the avs win....5-1 with 5 road wins in a row....

dogfish
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
buff, you're really slacking on this. . . .

sneakers
10-21-2011, 12:40 AM
If the Broncos really wanted Andrew Luck they would throw this game and greatly increase their chances with that head to head matchup loss against the dolphins.

Timmy!
10-23-2011, 02:23 PM
i cant for all the teboners to explain 2 me how awesome tebow is this week.

Bullgator
10-24-2011, 01:01 AM
i cant for all the teboners to explain 2 me how awesome tebow is this week.

:laugh::D

horsepig
10-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Pretty awesome.

Lancane
10-24-2011, 03:14 AM
Pretty awesome.

It is isn't it! ;)

Dreadnought
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Lets not derail this thread, ladies and gents. It is a positivity free zone. For 3 and 2/3rds quarters Tebow's play was totally in keeping with the spirit of Buff's thread. That and McCoy's play calling are totally appropriate subject matters for this thread, and feel to throw in a few blasts at Matt Prater.

Dzone
10-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Tebow stunk up the field yesterday, except for the last 2 drives. Who do we blame those 7 sacks on? Does Tebow need to wear glasses for all those open receivers he missed?

BeefStew25
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Decker scorched his man on that deep pass.

slim
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Mike McCoy sucks as an OC (but probably not as a person).

Buff
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Mike McCoy sucks as an OC (but probably not as a person).

I'm not saying McCoy is a world beater... But maybe the gameplan was more a reflection of TT's abilities, or perceived abilities, than it is McCoy's desire to run 75% of the time.

I think they need to open it up as well... But before we call for this guy's job, it might be worth pointing out that the gameplan got us a win, even with two missed FGs and horrible QB play for most of the day.

(Wrong thread for this, I will take my borderline positivity elsewhere)

BeefStew25
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm not saying McCoy is a world beater... But maybe the gameplan was more a reflection of TT's abilities, or perceived abilities, than it is McCoy's desire to run 75% of the time.

I think they need to open it up as well... But before we call for this guy's job, it might be worth pointing out that the gameplan got us a win, even with two missed FGs and horrible QB play for most of the day.

Like, maybe TT is such a rahtard, they have to dumb it down?

slim
10-24-2011, 11:00 AM

No, the gameplan got us a 15-0 deficit.

It wasn't until they threw out the gameplan that the offense was effective.

MOtorboat
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM

The gameplan didn't miss Eric Decker by 10 yards.

BeefStew25
10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I think we should throw out this game as part of the sample size. Tebow was a mess and a stud. Or maybe that is who he is. And gay too.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 01:11 PM

I had no problem with the gameplan. It was obvious that the Broncos were going to have a run heavy scheme and limit Tebow throwing the ball. Its frustrating that the offense didnt open up more, but can you blame the McCoy for that? I dont think so. The offense will open up the more productive Tebow is, and Tebow was anything but productive till the last 3 minutes. Until Tebow can be a consistent passer, we have to expect the gameplan being a ball control/defensive scheme.

slim
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
The gameplan didn't miss Eric Decker by 10 yards.

Yeah, he had some bad throws.

pnbronco
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I had no problem with the gameplan. It was obvious that the Broncos were going to have a run heavy scheme and limit Tebow throwing the ball. Its frustrating that the offense didnt open up more, but can you blame the McCoy for that? I dont think so. The offense will open up the more productive Tebow is, and Tebow was anything but productive till the last 3 minutes. Until Tebow can be a consistent passer, we have to expect the gameplan being a ball control/defensive scheme.

Well put, that's how I saw it. I felt like the play calling is based on that fact that Tebow is still not reading the D or can check down. You know I just wish Tim could be good or just suck it up...watching him makes me feel so bi-polar and that's not good.

OMorange&blue
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Decker scorched his man on that deep pass.

On tv it really looked like we had guys running open all over the place in the first half. How'd it look live?

BeefStew25
10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
On tv it really looked like we had guys running open all over the place in the first half. How'd it look live?

Yeah, he missed a ton of dudes. He works on that, and we get Willis back, we might have a run at 5 wins.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Well put, that's how I saw it. I felt like the play calling is based on that fact that Tebow is still not reading the D or can check down. You know I just wish Tim could be good or just suck it up...watching him makes me feel so bi-polar and that's not good.

Most of us knew Tebow would need time to even have a chance at being a productive starter. There is nothing wrong with easing Tebow into this offense and not depending on him to win the game unless we absolutley have to. I think if anything Tebow is clutch, and the conservative appoach will more than likely give the Broncos a chance near the end of the game. And to me, the execution of this offense was much more troubling than the gamplan.

Dreadnought
10-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Again, a reminder - this is not the thread for glass half-full or clouds-having-silver-linings type sentiments. If you have anything positive to say about any aspect of the 2011 Broncos please reserve those for elsewhere. This thread is reserved for unrelieved gloom, bile, pessimism, and misery.

Pass protection was piss poor yesterday. No excuses. They will have to step it up if we expect a QB with as slow a release as TT's to survive.

MOtorboat
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Again, a reminder - this is not the thread for glass half-full or clouds-having-silver-linings type sentiments. If you have anything positive to say about any aspect of the 2011 Broncos please reserve those for elsewhere. This thread is reserved for unrelieved gloom, bile, pessimism, and misery.

Pass protection was piss poor yesterday. No excuses. They will have to step it up if we expect a QB with as slow a release as TT's to survive.

He has to throw the damn ball. Me and the guy next to me yesterday said that simultaneously like three times. "Throw it."

I'm going to chalk it up to his first start this season, and he needs to work on timing with the receivers...but get rid of the damn thing.

And that one that went into the dugout...WTF man.

Dzone
10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Every time Tebow dropped back to pass, you had the urge to cover your eyes for the horror you were witnessing.lol
I couldnt believe when CBS showed a graphic comparing Tebow to Bobby Douglas, who everyone knows was a terrible left handed passer who could run all over the field.

Dreadnought
10-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Every time Tebow dropped back to pass, you had the urge to cover your eyes for the horror you were witnessing.lol
I couldnt believe when CBS showed a graphic comparing Tebow to Bobby Douglas, who everyone knows was a terrible left handed passer who could run all over the field.

I am old enough to remember watching Bobby Douglass. I assure you he was every bit as bad as his stat line says he was. The spectre of another Bobby Douglass haunts my waking nightmares. Read 'em and weep.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DougBo00.htm

dogfish
10-24-2011, 04:12 PM

thanks for that correction-- buff had it exactly wrong, this is the right of it. . .

:salute:

also, orlando franklin isn't a tackle, and none of our corners other than champ can play at all. . . .

:D

Mike
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
He has to throw the damn ball. Me and the guy next to me yesterday said that simultaneously like three times. "Throw it."

I'm going to chalk it up to his first start this season, and he needs to work on timing with the receivers...but get rid of the damn thing.

And that one that went into the dugout...WTF man.

When he stops thinking too much about it he should be able to do that. Tebow has to get better on his reads, footwork, accuracy (which will get better with the footwork IMO), and relax. All that is going to come with time. And, at the risk of getting in trouble with Dread, if it does combined with his leadership and ability to bring a team up.....

O-line play was not great, though I am sure that adjusting to a new QB is tough.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Everyone tried to blame the "game plan" and the "play calling".... as if any of us were in the film room watching teh Dolphins for 60 hours during the week. Its hard to give a great plan when the QB is showing that he can't hit open WRs. How do you change that? They call the play, and its completely missed. How is that the game planning fault? What would you have the coaches do? If some of those passes were even CLOSE, we may have gotten more attempts.

If Tebow could get rid of the ball quickly, they wouldn't be able to stack and put 8 peopel within 3 yards of the LoS showing blitz..... and then BRINGING 8 people. How is the OL suppposed to block 8 guys coming? They can't. The QB HAS to identify the 3 additional LB rushers and make the quick read and throw. He HAS to. If he doesn't, we see what happens..... sacks.

Anyone wondering why we ran the ball three times in a row after causing the fumble in OT? Not bad game planning or play calling. It was because one sack and we were out of FG range, and the coaches didn't trust Tebow not to get sacked.... again.

It was worse than I even imagined it would be. The bad thing, is this game absolutely proved guys like Hoge 100% correct.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Everyone tried to blame the "game plan" and the "play calling".... as if any of us were in the film room watching teh Dolphins for 60 hours during the week. Its hard to give a great plan when the QB is showing that he can't hit open WRs. How do you change that? They call the play, and its completely missed. How is that the game planning fault? What would you have the coaches do? If some of those passes were even CLOSE, we may have gotten more attempts.

If Tebow could get rid of the ball quickly, they wouldn't be able to stack and put 8 peopel within 3 yards of the LoS showing blitz..... and then BRINGING 8 people. How is the OL suppposed to block 8 guys coming? They can't. The QB HAS to identify the 3 additional LB rushers and make the quick read and throw. He HAS to. If he doesn't, we see what happens..... sacks.

Anyone wondering why we ran the ball three times in a row after causing the fumble in OT? Not bad game planning or play calling. It was because one sack and we were out of FG range, and the coaches didn't trust Tebow not to get sacked.... again.

It was worse than I even imagined it would be. The bad thing, is this game absolutely proved guys like Hoge 100% correct.

:five: Great points Rav. Especially about the all out blitz part. My God I dont know how many times they sent 8 and Tebow just stood in the pocket and took a sack. He needs to get rid of the damn ball quicker!

This entire argument that the gameplanning was terrible, is bogus. You cant justify throwing MORE when you cant pass in the first place...

slim
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
:five: Great points Rav. Especially about the all out blitz part. My God I dont know how many times they sent 8 and Tebow just stood in the pocket and took a sack. He needs to get rid of the damn ball quicker!

This entire argument that the gameplanning was terrible, is bogus. You cant justify throwing MORE when you cant pass in the first place...

The whole argument that "he can't pass in the first place" is bogus.

He threw the ball fine when they gave him a chance.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
The whole argument that "he can't pass in the first place" is bogus.

He threw the ball fine when they gave him a chance.

Were you even watching the game? When Tebow wasnt getting tossed on his ass, he was overthrowing WRs. Tebow had a chance to move the ball downfield several times in the game, but failed. Its definitely not ALL on him, but he couldnt make it happen most of the game.

pnbronco
10-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Were you even watching the game? When Tebow wasnt getting tossed on his ass, he was overthrowing WRs. Tebow had a chance to move the ball downfield several times in the game, but failed. Its definitely not ALL on him, but he couldnt make it happen most of the game.

I heard today on several radio stations. They had more passes in....the QB has to execute them and on target. I really, really hate all this and I like Tim. Like I said hate it.

slim
10-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Look, he didn't play particularly well most of the game....we can agree on that.

But your notion that the coaching staff put together a good game plan is ridiculous. That game plan was a complete abortion from the start.

There is a reason we didn't score any points until they threw the game plan out.

DallasChief
10-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Look, he didn't play particularly most of the game....we can agree on that.

But your notion that the coaching staff put together a good game plan is ridiculous. That game plan was a complete abortion from the start.

There is a reason we didn't score any points until they threw the game plan out.

Well said, slimgator.

slim
10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Well said, slimgator.

McFadden > Charles