PDA

View Full Version : On the BRIGHT side...........

WARHORSE
09-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Colquitt has come into his own.

The guy is going to win us a game this year on that leg.

Must have found some steroids lyin around the shed out back, cause he truly is a bright spot.

I hope he can keep it up, cause I now look forward to watching him punt.

Thats not good though is it..........:shocked:?

Oh well.

:coffee:Stud punter though.

bcbronc
09-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Yup, Orton is the ideal QB when you have a weapon like Colquitt!

Clipworthy
09-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Colquitt should come out on 1st down

BroncoBJ
09-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Colquitt should come out on 1st down

:lol: It gets to the point now where any time we get to the Redzone, I want to send Prater out there to kick a FG right away.

And in the last game, I wanted Prater to come out and kick a 57 yard FG on 3rd down because I was scared of Orton. Once we got in FG range, I was rooting for Orton to throw incompletions so that he didn't lose us the game. Kinda sad but I just wanted to tie it up and not take a single chance.

As for Colquitt, I look forward to him weekly as well. Love this kid. :salute:

Juriga72
09-27-2011, 07:09 AM
On the bright side there's no one telling us about "Kyle's rib injury" as to why he pee's himself yet again...

Grover
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
It's a sad state of affairs in Broncoland when we're actively rooting for our punter. 'nuf said.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Colquitt out on 1st down and then let Von get more forced fumbles in redzones....we get a lot of FGs that way.

slim
09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Colquitt out on 1st down and then let Von get more forced fumbles in redzones....we get a lot of FGs that way.

Already 2 sacks and 2 FF...when we get Doom and Champ back, this D might be fun to watch.

Juriga72
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Yup.... Punters seem to really like Kyle Orton. ONCE in his years as a starter.... ONCE has he led a team to a Non-top 10 "Most overall punts" stat

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Already 2 sacks and 2 FF...when we get Doom and Champ back, this D might be fun to watch.

That is with extra protection on Miller too.

slim
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I wonder if they will bench Woodyard?

I think he has been playing pretty well. I almost think he should keep starting and DJ should sit.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I wonder if they will bench Woodyard?

I think he has been playing pretty well. I almost think he should keep starting and DJ should sit.

I think with the way he is playing that hey will let him keep playing untill they know Dj is absolutely 100% healed. Dj is proven to be amazing, several years of being the leading tackler. He may be able to help shut out the middle of the field against short passes. Passing defense needs help. I know they need bailey back on field.

Ziggy
09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
The defense has been a bright spot also. 15th overall, 18th scoring D. That's one heck of an improvement with a crappy offense and Dumervil, Champ, and DJ out for 3 games.

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
The defense has been a bright spot also. 15th overall, 18th scoring D. That's one heck of an improvement with a crappy offense and Dumervil, Champ, and DJ out for 3 games.

Yeah, for now. Wait until we face Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and the other stud QBs that are chomping at the bit to drop 400 on us. Fox has the defense playing a lot better though.

nevcraw
09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I've been really impressed witrh how quickly "greek" get's out to tend to an injury.. and he's quite a snappy dresser. I'm just sayin'.

LTC Pain
09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Who doesn't appreciate the Broncos being dominant in punting situations? Damn I love 4th down and a 65 yard punt :)

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Who doesn't appreciate the Broncos being dominant in punting situations? Damn I love 4th down and a 65 yard punt :)

So long as we're on our side of the field. If we're in the opponents field I'd prefer a short punt preferably within the 5 but anything within the 15 is acceptable.

I can't recall who it was (I believe it was a Raider punter from a few years ago) that managed to have a knack for nailing it inside the five on short punts. The ball would bounce on the 1 or 2 back towards the onrushing coverage who would down it inside the five. :mad: Of course our returner thought it was going through the end zone so let it bounce.

Joel
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Kicker is one of the few spots about which I have no concerns (the only other is OLB,) which is funny considering that a few years ago we had rotating punters handling our kickoffs.

WARHORSE
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Yup, Orton is the ideal QB when you have a weapon like Colquitt!
:lol:

Dangit.....you made my point!