PDA

View Full Version : Tune into the Brandon Spano show (@BrandonSpano) tonight. Should have interesting take on Tebow/Orton

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
If you get a chance, tune into the Brandon Spano show tonight.

Based on what he's been posting on Twitter today, he should have some interesting takes on the Broncos sticking with Orton as starter.

He's on Mile High Sports Radio (93.7 FM) nightly from 8:00 to 10:00 Mountain time, or you can listen online at http://www.milehighsports.com/?page_id=586 by clicking the "Listen Live" button on the right hand side.

Unlike some on the radio that seem to be touting the company line at times, Brandon pulls no punches. If you get a chance, tune in and listen.

Also, if you do Twitter, follow him at @BrandonSpano

frauschieze
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Isn't he the one that just called you an idiot, T?

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Isn't he the one that just called you an idiot, T?

No, he was calling Lou from Littleton an idiot.

frauschieze
09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I suck at the twitters.

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM
I suck at the twitters.

Without the context, it was easy to think he was calling me an idiot the way he added ".... idiot" after his comment about Lou, which was a reply to me.

Unless I'm mistaken, he was referring to Lou's assertion that anyone calling for Tebow to start wasn't a real fan or was stupid/knew nothing about football.

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Guys sucks. I gave him 7 minutes. War Sandy.

Tned
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
About to call out some of the local media for sticking to the Broncos company line.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I am listening to him now, and I can tell you what he is saying right now is not true - I listen to the different sports on tv and radio locally, and many are coming down on Orton.

Tned
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
I am listening to him now, and I can tell you what he is saying right now is not true - I listen to the different sports on tv and radio locally, and many are coming down on Orton.

Now, yes. He's referring primarily to Fan and how they were bashing Tebow and fans that were calling for Orton to get a shot as starter during camp and week 1. Now, they are changing their tune.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 09:37 PM
So does he have anything to add? New info? Someone he's talked to in the organization?

Or his he just going for the ratings grab and criticizing other media for disagreeing with fans?

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
So does he have anything to add? New info? Someone he's talked to in the organization?

Or his he just going for the ratings grab and criticizing other media for disagreeing with fans?

So you're complaining about a guy on an opinion show having an opinion?

Buff
09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Who is this guy and why should I care about him?

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 09:55 PM

Orton has more excuses made for his pitiful play than any QB I have ever seen, dating back to being a rookie in Chicago.

Klis needs to be shipped out of town on the same plane Orton leaves on.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
So you're complaining about a guy on an opinion show having an opinion?

No. I'm asking if he has pertinent information, other than opinion. The thread title made me think there was something other than one radio host blasting other radio hosts for their opinions (in this here case, in my opinion, it appears a ratings grab...I could go into a lengthy description of my experiences with a Kansas City radio host who does stuff like this in order to try and grab ratings from another, more popular show, but I know you don't care...)

My apologies.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Orton has more excuses made for his pitiful play than any QB I have ever seen, dating back to being a rookie in Chicago.

Klis needs to be shipped out of town on the same plane Orton leaves on.

Just because Klis hasn't ripped Orton the way Paige has doesn't mean been biased in favor of Orton.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Just because Klis hasn't ripped Orton the way Paige has doesn't mean been biased in favor of Orton.

And that could also go for some tv sportscasters, and radio sports people.

Buff
09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Woody Paige is a great columnist. Mike Klis is a good beat writer.

I don't really care what Mark Kiszla, Dave Krieger, Lindsay Jones and Jim Armstrong have to say. But I value the other two's opinions.

Tned
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM

I don't really care what Mark Kiszla, Dave Krieger, Lindsay Jones and Jim Armstrong have to say. But I value the other two's opinions.

I can't Paige's writing style, and therefore I rarely read any of his work. Reminds me of a columnist that covers Arkansas sports in the Little Rock paper, Wally Hall. Just can't get past their writing styles.

Besides her coverage in the paper, those that follow Lindsay on Twitter know that she's a Broncos fan's best friend. Great resource for us fans.

Buff
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
I can't Paige's writing style, and therefore I rarely read any of his work. Reminds me of a columnist that covers Arkansas sports in the Little Rock paper, Wally Hall. Just can't get past their writing styles.

Besides her coverage in the paper, those that follow Lindsay on Twitter know that she's a Broncos fan's best friend. Great resource for us fans.

Lindsay is fan-friendly, and a pretty good straight-news reporter, but I don't value her insight. She just makes observations like who is healthy, who is hurt, etc. I don't think she adds much value. Granted, she's not really paid to give her opinion, but even so, I don't think she brings as much to the table as Klis.

Paige's writing style aside, the guy's columns and mailbags are chalk full of insider information. I trust that what he and Klis say are accurate representations of what is going on at Dove Valley.

Krieger and Kiszla throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks. They are provocateurs.

Northman
09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Lindsay is fan-friendly, and a pretty good straight-news reporter, but I don't value her insight.

Agreed.

Cugel
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Who is this guy and why should I care about him?

Answer: He's nobody and you shouldn't care at all. :coffee:

Tned
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Answer: He's nobody and you shouldn't care at all. :coffee:

Says the guy that doesn't have a radio show. :laugh:

MOtorboat
09-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I couldn't find an archived version of this, this morning...anyone seen one?

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
I couldn't find an archived version of this, this morning...anyone seen one?

I looked for it too, to no avail....

I don't think its available.

MOtorboat
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Says the guy that doesn't have a radio show. :laugh:

People complain, mock and attack radio show hosts, writers and analysts on a daily basis on this website, why is this one immune, in your opinion?

Is "says the guy who doesn't have a column" or "says the guy who doesn't have a job at CBS" now acceptable responses to that?

Cugel
09-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Lindsay is fan-friendly, and a pretty good straight-news reporter, but I don't value her insight. She just makes observations like who is healthy, who is hurt, etc. I don't think she adds much value. Granted, she's not really paid to give her opinion, but even so, I don't think she brings as much to the table as Klis.

Paige's writing style aside, the guy's columns and mailbags are chalk full of insider information. I trust that what he and Klis say are accurate representations of what is going on at Dove Valley.

Krieger and Kiszla throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks. They are provocateurs.

The Broncos analyst for serious news is Jeff Legwold. Paige and particularly Kisla are just for inflammatory rhetoric. Their job is to attract attention and controversy and sell newspapers.

They shift their positions like the wind admitting without shame that they don't really know what they're talking about. Sometimes what they say makes sense and other times (like the latest "time for Tebow" article) it's pure nonsense designed to get the fans stirred up (and sell newspapers).

As for real Broncos insider information you should listen to Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth's show "The Drive" on 104.3 FM 4-7 PM weekdays.

That's where I get most of the information from the players perspective. Williams as a former Broncos DL is particularly good at pointing out problems with the defense.

Tned
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
People complain, mock and attack radio show hosts, writers and analysts on a daily basis on this website, why is this one immune, in your opinion?

Is "says the guy who doesn't have a column" or "says the guy who doesn't have a job at CBS" now acceptable responses to that?

I don't know, I don't make the rules or interpret them. If you want to know, report it and let the mods decide. While you're at it, report the non stop snipes on other posters that you can't help but post.

As to the thread topic. Spano is opinionated, like many radio guys. One difference between him and some of the more well known Denver sports radio guys, he's not slamming fans that don't agree with him. He doesn't say anyone calling for Tebow to be given the start isn't a "true" fan, or isn't a Broncos fan, and only a Tebow fan, or are 'stupid' or some of the other choice descriptions.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
The Broncos analyst for serious news is Jeff Legwold. Paige and particularly Kisla are just for inflammatory rhetoric. Their job is to attract attention and controversy and sell newspapers.

They shift their positions like the wind admitting without shame that they don't really know what they're talking about. Sometimes what they say makes sense and other times (like the latest "time for Tebow" article) it's pure nonsense designed to get the fans stirred up (and sell newspapers).

As for real Broncos insider information you should listen to Alfred Williams and Mark Schlereth's show "The Drive" on 104.3 FM 4-7 PM weekdays.

That's where I get most of the information from the players perspective. Williams as a former Broncos DL is particularly good at pointing out problems with the defense.

Schlereth can no longer be trusted since he is employed by the four letter establishment.

Buff
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Really? I listen to The Drive on my way home from work everyday and while I find it entertaining, I don't really think they offer up too much in the way of new insight or insider information. I would also add that I find Williams virtually unlistenable, and I am a Big Al fan from his CU days. He is just not cut out for the media IMO.

Legwold is OK. He is usually pretty balanced and backs his opinions up with facts.

Paige and Kiszla aren't in the same ballpark. Woody Paige is a trusted Broncos insider for three decades who really has his finger on the pulse of Dove Valley. Granted, his writing style is often inflammatory, and he is annoying as hell on TV, but the man is an outstanding print journalist.

Kiszla is a joke and an embarrassment. I don't know why he still has a job. I stopped reading his columns like 10 years ago.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Can anyone give a recap? I had to help my wife put the kids to bed last night.

Tned
09-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Really? I listen to The Drive on my way home from work everyday and while I find it entertaining, I don't really think they offer up too much in the way of new insight or insider information. I would also add that I find Williams virtually unlistenable, and I am a Big Al fan from his CU days. He is just not cut out for the media IMO.

Agreed on Alfred. Loved him as a Bronco, and for a couple years watched him on the weekly Bronco show that was both on CBS and FSN Rocky Mountain (called something else now). He would sometimes make good football comments, but more often than not, was simply entertaining. Same when I listen to him on the radio, it's a mixed bag at best.

I really like Schlereth. I think he's a very smart guy, that has made a great transition from player to media commentator/analyst.

Ravage!!!
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Schlereth can no longer be trusted since he is employed by the four letter establishment.

So you think his personal opinion is now 'bought' by a company that pays him to give his personal opinion. Ok.

Buff
09-27-2011, 10:14 AM

If anything, he is even more critical of the Broncos than any other team.

But he is balanced out by our boy Tom Jackson, who is still a homer even to this day.

Tned
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM

But he is balanced out by our boy Tom Jackson, who is still a homer even to this day.

Where's the "they're garbage!!!" youtube clip of Schelereth when you need it...

Ravage!!!
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Tom Jackson's positive opinion can't be taken seriously because he's employed by a four letter establishment.

Tned
09-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Can anyone give a recap? I had to help my wife put the kids to bed last night.

Hey Al, too hard to summarize. Bottom line he called out some of the local media, especially one station (although he didn't name it) that seem to parrot the company line at times and insult fans that disagree with them. Pointed out the rapid change in their on air opinions once the Orton trade attempt failed, and all of a sudden Tebow couldn't throw a pass, might not be even the third best QB on team. Pointed out how radio sports guys, himself included, are some of the most opinionated guys on the planet, yet all of a sudden, al of the sports radio guys on one station all start singing the same tune, have the same opinion.

The other major topic was about how some of these guys have attacked and insulted fans that disagree with them. From hanging up on them, to calling them stupid or saying the know nothing about football, or saying they aren't true Broncos fans, etc.

Anyway, that was only one segment of his show. He covered a number of other Broncos topics, as well as some other sports stuff. Took calls. Normal sports talk stuff.

slim
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM

I agree with this, mostly. I think Legwold is pretty good too. I think he understands the game of football better than Klis does, but Klis probably has a better feel for what is going on in the org.

Cugel
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Agreed on Alfred. Loved him as a Bronco, and for a couple years watched him on the weekly Bronco show that was both on CBS and FSN Rocky Mountain (called something else now). He would sometimes make good football comments, but more often than not, was simply entertaining. Same when I listen to him on the radio, it's a mixed bag at best.

I really like Schlereth. I think he's a very smart guy, that has made a great transition from player to media commentator/analyst.

I would agree that sometimes Alfred can get off on a (non-football) tangent and lose it. The other day he went on and on about what episode of the finale of Entourage was playing that week.

While I've watched the show I don't tune in to hear Al's take on some TV show.

But when he and Schlereth are offering inside information like "you can't stunt Miller inside all the time to cover up a run defense deficiency [in the DTs] because other teams will adjust to exploit it" that's valuable info on the state of the Broncos DL -- or like today when they were talking about how Miller was out of position which was why McFadden was able to rush for 20 yards on that third and 13. Rookie mistake apparently. He lined up in the wrong position.

rcsodak
09-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Meaning: if their opinion = Buff's, they're good.

/end

;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MeanDean
09-30-2011, 08:56 AM
I have to say guys that I am new here (This is my third post) and am excited to get involved in the forum. But I'm also a big Brandon Spano fan. I have been listening to him for the past 4 or 5 months and I have to say that this guy is the best host I've heard in this city in quite some time. It is very hard to listen to any of The Fan or alot of other stations/ shows hosts after listening to Spano for a week because, the truth is just not spelled out on their shows like Spano does it. I have listened to Sandy Cluff for what seems like 10 years in this town and at first the change was weird, but he can't compete with this guy. No way.

Without tooting another mans horn too much, Shows like The Drive are a joke. 2 Broncos legends and a smart ass. They make fun of callers, call out of towners idiots, and use the AL and Mark to persuade the public. The Broncos franchise is right behind them, using AL as the teams secret on-air spokesman for Kyle Orton.

I listen to Spano every night and he has opened my eyes to a massive propaganda situation that is happening in this town. Continue being brainwashed and I'll continue listening to the guy that sincerely appreciates me doing so and is going to give me the facts even if the Broncos Franchise doesn't want him to.

Tned
09-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I have to say guys that I am new here (This is my third post) and am excited to get involved in the forum. But I'm also a big Brandon Spano fan. I have been listening to him for the past 4 or 5 months and I have to say that this guy is the best host I've heard in this city in quite some time. It is very hard to listen to any of The Fan or alot of other stations/ shows hosts after listening to Spano for a week because, the truth is just not spelled out on their shows like Spano does it. I have listened to Sandy Cluff for what seems like 10 years in this town and at first the change was weird, but he can't compete with this guy. No way.

Without tooting another mans horn too much, Shows like The Drive are a joke. 2 Broncos legends and a smart ass. They make fun of callers, call out of towners idiots, and use the AL and Mark to persuade the public. The Broncos franchise is right behind them, using AL as the teams secret on-air spokesman for Kyle Orton.

I listen to Spano every night and he has opened my eyes to a massive propaganda situation that is happening in this town. Continue being brainwashed and I'll continue listening to the guy that sincerely appreciates me doing so and is going to give me the facts even if the Broncos Franchise doesn't want him to.

Hey MeanDean, welcome to BroncosForums. My thoughts are pretty much in line with yours.