PDA

View Full Version : Poll: When is it time to pull Orton?

Tned
09-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok, vote in the poll and discuss.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
When Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley or Landry Jones is drafted by DEN in next years draft.

Northman
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
After the bye.

BroncoStud
When Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley or Landry Jones is drafted by DEN in next years draft.

Screw Barkley or Jones. If it isn't Luck I want to draft more defense.

BigDaddyBronco
After the bye, gives Tebow a full week to prepare for the Dolphins.

camdisco24

I would say after the bye so we can determine IF we need to draft one of these guys.

Northman
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
When Andrew Luck or Landry Jones is drafted by DEN in next years draft.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes. Or OLine. Barkley just doesn't impress me. Jones doesn't look that great under center. Might as well take a 2nd round QB and get another piece of an improving defense if we aren't the 1st overall pick.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:18 AM

Yeah! Screw them! SCREW EM!!!
ITS MONDAY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Fixed it for ya. ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kx5e3GvgzpA/TMxapUz4G3I/AAAAAAAAAjk/yLKJpydQQ20/s1600/matt-barkley-7-2009-ncaa-football-san-jose-n3qyEN.jpg

Northman
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kx5e3GvgzpA/TMxapUz4G3I/AAAAAAAAAjk/yLKJpydQQ20/s1600/matt-barkley-7-2009-ncaa-football-san-jose-n3qyEN.jpg

What a dope.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM

I would much rather let Tebow play after the the bye week to see if he is improved and how he can handle more then 3 games. I dont want to draft a new QB and then Tebow beat them out for starting job next season after Orton and Quinn are gone elsewhere. It would be a wasted pick then.

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM

Over-rated.

He looked like crap against Arizona St. He is lucky to have Robert Woods constantly bailing him out.

NightTerror218
What a dope.

He reminds of a former 1st round draft pick.....Brady Quinn. Just a "pretty boy".

BroncoNut

OMG that is so weird. who is that? Barkley?

Northman
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Over-rated.

He looked like crap against Arizona St. He is lucky to have Robert Woods constantly bailing him out.

Indeed. Watching that game i could of sworn i was watching Kyle Orton out there. :lol:

Nomad
After the bye, gives Tebow a full week to prepare for the Dolphins.

That would be something if Tebow would give the BRONCOS their first win against the Dolphins in Miami.....ever!

I say after the bye as well.

BroncoNut
He reminds of a former 1st round draft pick.....Brady Quinn. Just a "pretty boy".

He's not near as beautiful as Brady though, imo. looks like a dumb blonde type.

broncofaninfla
09-26-2011, 11:26 AM
The sooner the better. Lets face it, we aren't a super bowl team this year so we need to play for the future now and Orton is not the future. The only way to gauge Quinn and Tebow is to give them real game reps.

slim
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Over-rated.

Couldn't agree more.

He is so overrated it's ridiculous.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
My vote would be NOW...

slim
09-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Oh, and bench Orton after the SD game.

That will give us 11 games to see what Tebow can do.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes. Or OLine. Barkley just doesn't impress me. Jones doesn't look that great under center. Might as well take a 2nd round QB and get another piece of an improving defense if we aren't the 1st overall pick.

I'm an OU season ticket holder and have ZERO interest in having Landry Jones wear a Denver Broncos uniform. The guy is a good passer, good arm, OK in the pocket, but he does not have that ability to lift the team on his shoulders and win games and he is not a leader.

I would rather roll with Tebow if it came down to him or Landry Jones.

For me it's Andrew Luck or fix another position on the team.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I would much rather let Tebow play after the the bye week to see if he is improved and how he can handle more then 3 games. I dont want to draft a new QB and then Tebow beat them out for starting job next season after Orton and Quinn are gone elsewhere. It would be a wasted pick then.

TT cant beat out the 2 no talent ass clown currently ahead of him.
TT is gone at seasons end.

n8wink
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Heard a stat on the radio that Orton has a 46.5 QB rating with the Broncos when trailing by 7 points or less in the 4th quarter.

If that's accurate, get him on the next plane out of town. We need more dogs.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh, and bench Orton after the SD game.

That will give us 11 games to see what Tebow can do.

BRONCOS should start Quinn the next 2 games to give him his shot then let Tebow come in and give us his shot, if he really sucks then Weber. I'm openminded about the situation.....just bench Orton.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM

So we're going to have NONE of the quarterbacks currently on the roster after the season? I can assure you that we will keep 1. It isn't going to be Orton. It probably isn't going to be Quinn (who is a free agent also), it's going to be Tebow, who is under contract and will be the only guy left who actually knows the system - somewhat.

As if our playbook is difficult or something...

GEM
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Just get the change done and let's go from there. It's not like we're a powerhouse winner right now. Make the move, evaluate the position and look forward to next years draft. Then in the mean time, we can be happy watching the improved run defense and pray for Bailey to come back so the pass defense can be corrected. Kthxbai.

slim
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
BRONCOS should start Quinn the next 2 games to give him his shot then let Tebow come in and give us his shot, if he really sucks then Weber. I'm openminded about the situation.....just bench Orton.

I can live with this.

I just can't watch Orton play anymore. I mean, what's the point?

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Over-rated.

DENs next starting QB. Enjoy.
http://www.neontommy.com/sites/default/files/uploads/Matt%20Barkley%20thumbs%20up.jpg

Nomad
09-26-2011, 11:41 AM
I can live with this.

I just can't watch Orton play anymore. I mean, what's the point?

If Quinn can beat the Packers and Chargers then he deserves the starting position.

SOCALORADO.
So we're going to have NONE of the quarterbacks currently on the roster after the season? I can assure you that we will keep 1. It isn't going to be Orton. It probably isn't going to be Quinn (who is a free agent also), it's going to be Tebow, who is under contract and will be the only guy left who actually knows the system - somewhat.

As if our playbook is difficult or something...

Adam Weber.
And theres no reason to keep them. The team sucks and is in a rebuild.
DEN will draft a brand new shiny QB in the draft and bring in a veteran to mentor-back up.
TT might know the system, he might not, but he cant run it. Thats obvious.

jhildebrand
http://www.neontommy.com/sites/default/files/uploads/Matt%20Barkley%20thumbs%20up.jpg

I hope not. The kid looked lost against Az St. I watched the game to see if it was hype or real.

At this point give me Luck then the kid at OU. If they aren't available wait for Ryan Nasib at Syracuse.

GEM
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM

Oh yay!! Another USC pretty boy qb. I didn't want Leinert and I don't want that guy.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I hope not. The kid looked lost against Az St. I watched the game to see if it was hype or real.

At this point give me Luck then the kid at OU. If they aren't available wait for Ryan Nasib at Syracuse.

Enjoy, cause hes comin to DEN!
http://califorward.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/matt-barkley5.jpg

GEM
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Enjoy, cause hes comin to DEN!
http://califorward.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/matt-barkley5.jpg

:puke:

SOCALORADO.
Oh yay!! Another USC pretty boy qb. I didn't want Leinert and I don't want that guy.

You of ALL folks with your love for "pretty boys" should be all over him!

BroncoBully
I can't vote.

There is no option for before or after the raiders game.

GEM
09-26-2011, 11:46 AM
You of ALL folks with your love for "pretty boys" should be all over him!

He's not that pretty though. :lol: My love for pretty boys starts and ends with Decker....he performs while looking absolutely lickable!! :D

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't care what the guy looks like, he just needs to be good at the foozball

Mike
09-26-2011, 11:47 AM
USC QBs haven't had great success with transitioning to the NFL. I hope the Broncos pass.

The bum is about 3 games past his shelf life already. Pull the plug already.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
He's not that pretty though. :lol: My love for pretty boys starts and ends with Decker....he performs while looking absolutely lickable!! :D

So...........your sayin you want me to tell Barkley to grow a fu manchu.
Alright.

arapaho2
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Adam Weber.
And theres no reason to keep them. The team sucks and is in a rebuild.
DEN will draft a brand new shiny QB in the draft and bring in a veteran to mentor-back up.
TT might know the system, he might not, but he cant run it. Thats obvious.

seeing as we havent once seen tebow run with the first team oline, wrs, te's, rbs....and defense in 2011

im kinda confused on how you state he cant run the offense, and its obvious:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
USC QBs haven't had great success with transitioning to the NFL. I hope the Broncos pass.

Gonna be great with Barkley in DEN. Cant Wait!:lol:
http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/13/450x359-alg_matt_barkley.jpg

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
seeing as we havent once seen tebow run with the first team oline, wrs, te's, rbs....and defense in 2011

im kinda confused on how you state he cant run the offense, and its obvious:coffee:

Go ahead and re-run the last 6 months back.
Theres no rush. Take your time. Enjoy.

Buff
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I'll take two weeks ago for $1000, Alex.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM

You're right about USC QBs being medicore in the NFL! Same could be said about Florida QBs and my LSU Tiger QBs:tsk:(J Russell was an embarrassment), now Stanford QBs have had success but we have no chance with this year's. Not sure about OU QBs.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Ryan Fitzpatrick sez round 7 guys from Harvard can play in the NFL too. So much for draft handicappers. Hell no to another 1st round dud from the PAC-10, jeez. Build a damned Line already.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Buff, if you are wondering the limits of the awesome Mod powers, please know that if we could we would permaban Kyle Orton from the state of Colorado, effective September 1. It would be a unanimous vote. Sadly, it doesn't work

Nomad
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah, if he couldn't beat the Raiders at home.....I wanted him gone. Obviously EXF, could care less what I think!:lol:

Tned
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Yea, I probably should have made "it should have already happened" an option.

cuzz4169
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Its Luck or find an elite RB in draft. We need one bad!!

Mike
09-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Change that to DT and I am sold.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 12:00 PM

Yah yah you keeping saying that but he wont be. If anything he would backup a new drafted QB.

BroncoNut

I don't see where that's an either or. I'm not liking Tebow more and more. Not that we shouldn't give him his chance, but I'm starting to look past him towards the next draft. We need more than an elite rb too imo.

BigDaddyBronco

If they draft a RB in the top 20, I'm punching someone.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
You're right about USC QBs being medicore in the NFL! Same could be said about Florida QBs and my LSU Tiger QBs:tsk:(J Russell was an embarrassment), now Stanford QBs have had success but we have no chance with this year's. Not sure about OU QBs.

Gonna be great! Barkley will be in DEN and everything will be OK again!
I should get a donation website going for a "Welcome to DEN Matt Barkley!"
Billboard! I should probably consult one of the tebowites on this......they seem to know what to do...and then i gotta please GEM too, so i gotta get a full naked picture of Eric Decker too. Jeez, i may need some help on that one.
Claymore and Slick should be willing to help me there.......

BORDERLINE
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Okay I say this to appease all the fans that like Quinn. Let him go out againts GB and SD. If he get's us a win in both games keep playing him, If he get's us a win in at least one game keep playing him and if he loses both play Tebow after the bye so we can see all three guys do there thing.

That's just an Idea

I want Tebow to play next week at GB.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Gonna be great with Barkley in DEN. Cant Wait!:lol:
http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/13/450x359-alg_matt_barkley.jpg

HE is going to Seattle to be with Carroll. I bet Carroll would take him over luck. We have no chance at barkley.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM

HEY! Is Patrick Peterson starting in ARI yet?
I am just wondering when he finally gets the starting spot, and i figured you would know...

Nomad
09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
If they draft a RB in the top 20, I'm punching someone.

I'm glad I won't be around.:D

NightTerror218

Trent Richardson :beer:

BroncoNut
I'm glad I won't be around.:D

the only punch I'd enjoy from BDB would be a donkey punch

Buff
Buff, if you are wondering the limits of the awesome Mod powers, please know that if we could we would permaban Kyle Orton from the state of Colorado, effective September 1. It would be a unanimous vote. Sadly, it doesn't work

Oh believe me, I have been searching for ways to scapegoat the mod team for letting Orton hang around... If I could blame NTL for this I absolutely would, but even his hands appear to be clean on this one.

That said, I think Topscribe has some moral culpability here.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Yah yah you keeping saying that but he wont be. If anything he would backup a new drafted QB.

I dont keep saying that. The FO is sayin that. :lol:

Nomad
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
the only punch I'd enjoy from BDB would be a donkey punch

I would assume BDB's fist is bigger than your head

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I would assume BDB's fist is bigger than your head

No, Nut has a big, bald melon.

GEM
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Change that to DT and I am sold.

Unless another Adrian Peterson is there, we're more likely to draft another Moreno going with RB in the 1st.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:08 PM
yep, I do Nomad. BBM

Nomad
09-26-2011, 12:09 PM
No, Nut has a big, bald melon.

Do the ladies like that?!?

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Do the ladies like that?!?

only when it pulsates

NightTerror218
I dont keep saying that. The FO is sayin that. :lol:

No they dont, your flapping lips (fingers) keep saying it, and it has never even been hinted towards....like your love for Barkely is going beyond just a fan, and your starting to sound worse then any gator fan for Tebow.......how are Barkleys nuts?

chazoe60
I voted GB or SD games, but really I don't want it to happen in GB. It woulrn't be fair to Quinn or Tebow to drop them into that shark tank. Let Orton get eaten in that one.

If you decide to go with Tebow to me it makes sense to start him against SD. They're not looking like world beaters to this point plus Tebow has played against them before. I know they've put in a little bjt different system with a new DC but I think just the fact that Tebow's been on the field as a starter against them would bring a little morr comfort. Also, ths Bye week is directly following that game so you'd have an extra week to evaluate and that could aide in quite a few different ways.

MileHighCrew
09-26-2011, 12:15 PM
The poll is missing the choice of Orton = a top 5 pick, play him the entire season.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, so 90% here think it needs to happen in the next 3 games.

I agree!!!!

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 12:26 PM
There was a QB for the Chicago Cardinals in the 1950's named Lamar McHan, a former number 1 draft pick. McHan had a cannon arm but no self confidence, once actually benching himself over the coach's protests for his own poor play. He needed regular pep talks in the huddle to keep going.

McHan ended up a career backup. I wish Kyle Orton had Lamar McHan's self-awareness. He is working on the same self image issue already, as he sure looks like a beaten man.

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
You know that I was pissed when they drafted Moreno. We could have picked Orakpo at that spot. I also remember the draft experts thinking we were going to take Freeman with our 2nd 1st rounder. I was really pleased that we didn't and picked Ayers. Now, I really wished we had picked up Freeman.

Freeman and Orakpo sounds better than Moreno and Ayers.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
I said after the bye. With any luck, the locker room will know by then that Orton just isn't the guy to get the job done and the coaching staff will be off the hook by starting Tebow or Quinn to spark the offense. If we're 1-4 going into the bye, the players have nobody to blame but themselves for Orton getting the hook and they'll know it.

slim
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I want to know who voted for option D.

I Eat Staples
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
As soon as possible. I wanted Orton to start going into the season because he gave us the best chance to win. But clearly, his best isn't good enough anyway, so even if Quinn or Tebow do worse there's no harm in playing them because we're not winning with Orton anyway.

I wouldn't throw them to the wolves against GB or SD, so I say bye week.

slim
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Seriously. Whoever did this should be perma banned from this site (no offense, RC).

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 12:32 PM

Socal or Clay. Has to be. They are both desperately fearful that (an unnamed QB) will explose them, so they must keep him off the field at all costs.

I Eat Staples
09-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Nah its got to be RC or Top.

GEM
09-26-2011, 12:59 PM
On a good Saturday night and a bottle of Jack, you can pull Orton's finger and come up with some great results.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-26-2011, 01:00 PM
You know that I was pissed when they drafted Moreno. We could have picked Orakpo at that spot. I also remember the draft experts thinking we were going to take Freeman with our 2nd 1st rounder. I was really pleased that we didn't and picked Ayers. Now, I really wished we had picked up Freeman.

I was acutally pretty stoked about Moreno. I was tired of UDFAs. I was tired of the Selvin Youngs and the Quentin Griffins and the no-names who we'd try to bring in off the street. I'd seen most of his college games and figured he'd be another Adrian Peterson at best and a Darren McFadden at worst. He tore up the SEC for two years. Now, I'm not very happy about it but I just can't blame him fully just yet. After all, how many RBs have we had over the last 3 years and ALL OF THEM HAVE SUCKED TERRIBLY IN DENVER. That tells me it's more than just him in a big way. McGahee barely broke 50 yards on 22 carries this week. So, McGahee, Maroney (who was a 4.5 ypc back before he came to Denver), Buckhalter, and Ball aren't to blame for shitty rushing numbers, but Moreno somehow is? :confused:

Once we can get the running game working, it may be a year or so, then I'll start critiquing the RBs more heavily. Right now, I just can't.

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Clay and RCS.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 01:09 PM

well, right now they do. Hindsight's always 20/20. I remember so well the Moreno pick and how whowever it was was thinking it was a great pick by denver. He's a scat back though I think, not worth the pick, a bust

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I was acutally pretty stoked about Moreno. I was tired of UDFAs. I was tired of the Selvin Youngs and the Quentin Griffins and the no-names who we'd try to bring in off the street. I'd seen most of his college games and figured he'd be another Adrian Peterson at best and a Darren McFadden at worst. He tore up the SEC for two years. Now, I'm not very happy about it but I just can't blame him fully just yet. After all, how many RBs have we had over the last 3 years and ALL OF THEM HAVE SUCKED TERRIBLY IN DENVER. That tells me it's more than just him in a big way. McGahee barely broke 50 yards on 22 carries this week. So, McGahee, Maroney (who was a 4.5 ypc back before he came to Denver), Buckhalter, and Ball aren't to blame for shitty rushing numbers, but Moreno somehow is? :confused:

Once we can get the running game working, it may be a year or so, then I'll start critiquing the RBs more heavily. Right now, I just can't.

While i felt somewhat the same as you i really didnt want Moreno. Too much flash and reminded me too much of Bush as a scat back. That draft was loaded with RB's and i would of much rather taken a guy like Donald Brown, Shonn Greene, or LeSean McCoy.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
There was a QB for the Chicago Cardinals in the 1950's named Lamar McHan, a former number 1 draft pick. McHan had a cannon arm but no self confidence, once actually benching himself over the coach's protests for his own poor play. He needed regular pep talks in the huddle to keep going.

McHan ended up a career backup. I wish Kyle Orton had Lamar McHan's self-awareness. He is working on the same self image issue already, as he sure looks like a beaten man.

I don't understand this post. Sounds like Lamar had little awareness actually and might have been his own worst enemy

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
No they dont, your flapping lips (fingers) keep saying it, and it has never even been hinted towards....like your love for Barkely is going beyond just a fan, and your starting to sound worse then any gator fan for Tebow.......how are Barkleys nuts?

Its actually Luck i am higher on. Not Barkley. But the top 6-7 QBs are lightyears ahead of anyone on the current DEN roster, so i'm not worried. :lol:

But keep hangin from Tebows tiny dingleberries!:lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
While i felt somewhat the same as you i really didnt want Moreno. Too much flash and reminded me too much of Bush as a scat back. That draft was loaded with RB's and i would of much rather taken a guy like Donald Brown, Shonn Greene, or LeSean McCoy.

McCoy is the ultimate scat back. He's perfect for the pass-first offense that Philly runs, but I don't see him being as successful in a run-oriented offense. Brown hasn't shown anything and doesn't even start for Indy (I think he's actually the 3rd string guy now). Shon Greene has been okay but he also has an offensive line and HC who runs a scheme speciafically for a power-running game.

I haven't given up on Moreno yet, but his injuries are frustrating.

lgenf
09-26-2011, 01:39 PM
Start Tebow now, give him as much time this year to improve in this offense and let our draft picks be used on oline and dline

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
McCoy is the ultimate scat back. He's perfect for the pass-first offense that Philly runs, but I don't see him being as successful in a run-oriented offense.

Dont know about that. While McCoy does give Philly an option by receiving the ball (much like TD did) he is still rushing for a 6.1 average this year. In just 3 years he has 2,062 rushing yds and almost 1,000 in receiving. Reminds me a lot of LT and TD there.

Brown hasn't shown anything and doesn't even start for Indy (I think he's actually the 3rd string guy now).

While i agree Brown hasnt quite shown much i blame a lot of that on the team he plays on. Indy is just a pass heavy offense that rarely utilizes RB's anyway. Thrown in the injuries and it just doesnt measure up to success there. Not sure what is going on this year (not like it matters with the problems they have already) but in 8 starts he has almost 800 yds rushing and 400 receiving. Unfortuantely, in the Peyton era any RB is going to go to waste there because of the type of offense it is. But for now i will agree he hasnt lived up to the billing but i would still take him over Moreno who to me is far more one dimensional.

Shon Greene has been okay but he also has an offensive line and HC who runs a scheme speciafically for a power-running game.

Well, thats kind of the point isnt it? We were known to have a running scheme that favored RB's. I mean, there isnt going to be another Barry Sanders anytime soon who can actually run behind a poorous Oline. The problem with Moreno is he dances around and doesnt utilize any holes that he does get. As to his injuries, i dont get frustrated anymore because i expected it when he came out of college. Aside from Brown, the other two have a better overall run average than Moreno.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Start Tebow now, give him as much time this year to improve in this offense and let our draft picks be used on oline and dline

Let him know how you feel!
Call TOLL FREE!
1-800-JON-ELWY

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Its actually Luck i am higher on. Not Barkley. But the top 6-7 QBs are lightyears ahead of anyone on the current DEN roster, so i'm not worried. :lol:

But keep hangin from Tebows tiny dingleberries!:lol:

I prefer Quinn over Orton right now. I think Tebow needs to play before I will write him off. 3 games is not enough.

You could have fooled me with all the love you give barkley and the hundreds of photos you post of him.

jhildebrand
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I voted GB or San Diego. Why wait for the bye at this point? :confused: I would buy that sentiment had TT not played 3 games last year.

At this point throw him in against 2 of the best teams in the NFL. Let him sink or swim.

EFX wins either way. Either the 2 games demoralize and break him and the Luck sweepstakes heat up. Or the kids does what he has always done and they look like geniuses for doing it when nobody thought they would/should.

Anymore Orton ball and I will just DVR and watch the games after the fact. I would rather watch paint dry. I found myself actually ok with commercial breaks, for the first time ever, so I simply could get a break from his disgusting play!

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I voted GB or San Diego. Why wait for the bye at this point? :confused: I would buy that sentiment had TT not played 3 games last year.

At this point throw him in against 2 of the best teams in the NFL. Let him sink or swim.

EFX wins either way. Either the 2 games demoralize and break him and the Luck sweepstakes heat up. Or the kids does what he has always done and they look like geniuses for doing it when nobody thought they would/should.

Anymore Orton ball and I will just DVR and watch the games after the fact. I would rather watch paint dry. I found myself actually ok with commercial breaks, for the first time ever, so I simply could get a break from his disgusting play!

I said after the bye week, the more coaching he gets the better he will be for starting. He needs the coaching.

slim
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM

If they are going to make a change, they need to give the new QB some practice time (whether it's Quinn or Tebow)....can't just throw him out there against GB or SD without some prep time.

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Because then it would be the same problem that it posed at the beginning of the year. While i wouldnt mind seeing Tebow go in now Fox has already set the standard that they are playing to make the playoffs this year. To bench Orton now would just piss off the other players and with the circus we have already with the Tebow vs Orton fanbase it just wouldnt look good on Fox. The players would think he is caving in to fan pressure which wouldnt be a good situation. At least if we go into the bye a 1-4 its a much better indication of where the team is going. UNLESS of course Denver manages to keep the games close with GB and SD. Then Orton may stay in much longer.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
late in the 4th and down by 2

Tned
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Because then it would be the same problem that it posed at the beginning of the year. While i wouldnt mind seeing Tebow go in now Fox has already set the standard that they are playing to make the playoffs this year. To bench Orton now would just piss off the other players and with the circus we have already with the Tebow vs Orton fanbase it just wouldnt look good on Fox. The players would think he is caving in to fan pressure which wouldnt be a good situation. At least if we go into the bye a 1-4 its a much better indication of where the team is going. UNLESS of course Denver manages to keep the games close with GB and SD. Then Orton may stay in much longer.

I would be far from shocked if we won the San Diego game. The defense is playing better, and we should hopefully have Doom, Champ, DJ and possibly Marcus Thomas back by then.

So, I think 2-3 at the bye is very possible. Beating Green Bay on Sunday is possible, buy definitely just an "any given Sunday" type likelihood.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM

The Orton fanbase is now pretty much reduced to Claymore, Socal, and rcsodak. The rest are all gone. After blowing 2 of 3 games this year - intimately, personally - I suspect benching Orton would be quite understandable to the team. They see the same thing we do.

Joel
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Making the switch before the bye gives the coaches a chance to see the new QB in real games against a Division rival and possibly the defending Champs, so they can work on specific well idenitified areas during the bye and put a better starting QB on the field after it. Also, the sooner we make the switch the more time we have to decide if it's working or we need to make yet ANOTHER switch before the end of the season. In other words, if we put in Tebow or Quinn for week 4 or 5 there's a better chance of knowing he's the QB of the future by week 10, or knowing he's not so we can go to a third starter and know whether to draft a QB next year.

All of that is working on the assumption we're not making the playoffs this year, which I think a safe assumption, but I can see why others might disagree strongly after just three close games. If that's ones position, obviously we should keep the QB coaches feel gives us the best chance of winning each week.

vettesplus
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
it all comes down to one point, "THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS", LOVE MY BRONCOS BUT YOU HAVE TO FACE THE MUSIC AND BE REALISTIC ABOUT THIS TEAM....

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I would be far from shocked if we won the San Diego game. The defense is playing better, and we should hopefully have Doom, Champ, DJ and possibly Marcus Thomas back by then.

So, I think 2-3 at the bye is very possible. Beating Green Bay on Sunday is possible, buy definitely just an "any given Sunday" type likelihood.

Yea, i dont have that much faith. Rivers and Rodgers are two of the best QB's in the league. I just think they will pick us apart all day. If we had a Qb who could put up points on the board i would say maybe, but....

Northman
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
The Orton fanbase is now pretty much reduced to Claymore, Socal, and rcsodak. The rest are all gone.

Now, that right there is funny. :beer:

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I prefer Quinn over Orton right now. I think Tebow needs to play before I will write him off. 3 games is not enough.

You could have fooled me with all the love you give barkley and the hundreds of photos you post of him.

Gee, your quick! You dont think i might be posting photos just to have fun on a MON here do ya? You ever sense any sarcasm in my posts?:D

I prefer DEN does exactly what the FO thinks it should do.
Do you really think that John Elway is gonna begin his professional career in the NFL with TT? Show me a buisness venture Elway failed at. Theres not many. Try to think of this question from Elways standpoint. His point of view. Who he was as a QB, and what he did as a QB. His personal ideology. Not the "canned", "silverspooned" media answers.
Do you really think Elway is gonna spend countless amounts of time and effort, re-arranging the team and its staff to fit TT?
Or do you think he realizes that this team ROYALLY BLOWS in EVERY WAY, and hes simply going to start over from the ground up, and begin with what he knows and truly works best with at QB. John Elway is simply waiting for the draft, and he will get his franchise QB, his centerpiece that HE can lay his executive legacy at the feet of, and he will do whatever it takes to get him.

I'm just enjoying the ride.:lol:

vettesplus

are you out of your flippin mind......:lol::laugh::lol::laugh:

Tned
The Orton fanbase is now pretty much reduced to Claymore, Socal, and rcsodak. The rest are all gone. After blowing 2 of 3 games this year - intimately, personally - I suspect benching Orton would be quite understandable to the team. They see the same thing we do.

I don't think they've seen enough no-shows at home games to feel real pressure to change QBs. If they change to Tebow, then that pesky escalator kicks in, doubling the value of his contract. So far, they've had one full house, and one game with 6,000 no shows. If San Diego, typically a popular game against a division rival has 6,000+ no shows, then maybe it starts to sink in how fan really feel.

jhildebrand
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Maybe.

The reality is Orton will stay in until the team feels they have played him 55% of the snaps for this season (to avoid issues with TT contract).

Orton could play until it becomes apparent that the team is faced with huge amounts of no shows like last year.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Numbnuts. i and Clay are not orton fans.
No one is an orton fan. :lol:

Some fans just understand the pathetic situation at QB in DEN and know they dont have one worth the shit on the bottom of your shoe. Thats all.
They all suck. Deal with it. The team sucks too. it is what it is.
Crying for some other clown to make it all better isnt gonna work.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Gee, your quick! You dont think i might be posting photos just to have fun on a MON here do ya? You ever sense any sarcasm in my posts?:D

I prefer DEN does exactly what the FO thinks it should do.
Do you really think that John Elway is gonna begin his professional career in the NFL with TT? Show me a buisness venture Elway failed at. Theres not many. Try to think of this question from Elways standpoint. His point of view. Who he was as a QB, and what he did as a QB. His personal ideology. Not the "canned", "silverspooned" media answers.
Do you really think Elway is gonna spend countless amounts of time and effort, re-arranging the team and its staff to fit TT?
Or do you think he realizes that this team ROYALLY BLOWS in EVERY WAY, and hes simply going to start over from the ground up, and begin with what he knows and truly works best with at QB. John Elway is simply waiting for the draft, and he will get his franchise QB, his centerpiece that HE can lay his executive legacy at the feet of, and he will do whatever it takes to get him.

I'm just enjoying the ride.:lol:

Glad you know what Elways thinks and knows what he is going to say before he says it. You know nothing about what he thinks. Nobody does, he throws out a lot of smoke and mirrors.

You state crap like this like it is a fact.....and you post photos of Barkley daily.....you love for him is as bad as Bullgators for Tebow.......blind.

G_Money
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
If Tebow is completely incompetent, then I want him in there immediately proving it - catastrophic failure increases our chances of getting the right QB next year. OTOH, if he's better than Orton, then he shouldn't be on the bench.

After the bye. It gives him 2 weeks of prep time for the 'phins, and it's basically a home game for him too.

I've been expecting a 1-4 start, so as it looks like we're on that road...

Bring on Tebow. I want to know whether we're drafting an OT to protect Tebow's blind side with next year's top pick or taking a QB instead.

~G

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Glad you know what Elways thinks and knows what he is going to say before he says it. You know nothing about what he thinks. Nobody does, he throws out a lot of smoke and mirrors.

You state crap like this like it is a fact.....and you post photos of Barkley daily.....you love for him is as bad as Bullgators for Tebow.......blind.

OK Phil, just relax.
Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while..

Tned
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
it all comes down to one point, "THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS", LOVE MY BRONCOS BUT YOU HAVE TO FACE THE MUSIC AND BE REALISTIC ABOUT THIS TEAM....

Whole team sucks? Come on. The defense, even with the injuries, is MUCH improved. The team is ranked between 13-15 in the major defensive categories.

Northman
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Some fans just understand the pathetic situation at QB in DEN and know they dont have one worth the shit on the bottom of your shoe. Thats all.

Why are you calling Andrew Luck a clown?

slim
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't think they've seen enough no-shows at home games to feel real pressure to change QBs. If they change to Tebow, then that pesky escalator kicks in, doubling the value of his contract. So far, they've had one full house, and one game with 6,000 no shows. If San Diego, typically a popular game against a division rival has 6,000+ no shows, then maybe it starts to sink in how fan really feel.

According to Clay, Tebow's contract can double (or maybe even triple) and it won't cost the Broncos anything extra. So I don't think that is really a consideration.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Why are you calling Andrew Luck a clown?

Cause he makes you laugh!?!?!;)

Clipworthy
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
He's like Sanchez. Please, don't draft a Sanchez.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
War Orton!!:werd:

signed....John Fox:cool:

Tned
09-26-2011, 02:15 PM
According to Clay, Tebow's contract can double (or maybe even triple) and it won't cost the Broncos anything extra. So I don't think that is really a consideration.

Guess I missed his explanation. I don't see how you can have a contract increase in value from $11 to $22 million without it costing the Broncos anymore money.

Bronco4ever
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I voted after the bye, which would give T2 some time to work with the 1st stringers. Plus we could gain a huge advantage by starting Tebow in his home state where we tend to struggle. If the FO declared Tebow the starter 2 weeks before the Miami game, the stadium would be crowded with Tebownites (love 'em or hate 'em).

Regardless, I think Fox is far too stubborn and set in his ways to make a switch. Boring and uninspiring QB play is Foxy's thing.

slim
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Guess I missed his explanation. I don't see how you can have a contract increase in value from $11 to $22 million without it costing the Broncos anymore money.

Yeah, I think his math is worse than his grammar.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM

Nah, I think I smoked youse guys out. I think this whole Luck thing is in fact a serious case of Orton Man-Love on the D/L. As such, it is the new version of "the Love that dares not speak its name". You're right of course that no one would 'fess up to something so degrading, same as no coach ever born won't try to justify boneheaded personnel decisions by claiming he is playing the guys who "give us the best chance to win" and that positions are "subject to open competition." Don't hold your breath waiting for a coach to admit "I started the guy who sucks because I just don't like the cut of the other guy's jib. he looks like the dude who stole my girlfriend in 11th grade. She was the love of my life. G-d I miss her. So screw this other kid. Plus he's from _____, and I hate people from ______" I really do think its very often just this irrational.

I know Clay's brain and its inner workings pretty well. He is an open book to me.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Nah, I think I smoked youse guys out. I think this whole Luck thing is in fact a serious case of Orton Man-Love on the D/L. As such, it is the new version of "the Love that dares not speak its name". You're right of course that no one would 'fess up to something so degrading, same as no coach ever born won't try to justify boneheaded personnel decisions by claiming he is playing the guys who "give us the best chance to win" and that positions are "subject to open competition." Don't hold your breath waiting for a coach to admit "I started the guy who sucks because I just don't like the cut of the other guy's jib. he looks like the dude who stole my girlfriend in 11th grade. She was the love of my life. G-d I miss her. So screw this other kid. Plus he's from _____, and I hate people from ______" I really do think its very often just this irrational.

I know Clay's brain and its inner workings pretty well. He is an open book to me.

Holy shit man!
Did you smoke some hippie lettuce before you wrote this!??!
WTH!?!?!?:eek:

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I voted after the bye, which would give T2 some time to work with the 1st stringers. Plus we could gain a huge advantage by starting Tebow in his home state where we tend to struggle. If the FO declared Tebow the starter 2 weeks before the Miami game, the stadium would be crowded with Tebownites (love 'em or hate 'em).

Regardless, I think Fox is far too stubborn and set in his ways to make a switch. Boring and uninspiring QB play is Foxy's thing.

Well how long did you keep losing before you start to get pressure, even when rebuilding you need to improve. I know its only 3 games, but even with a rough schedule, people want improvement which means more wins.

Tned
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
John Fox on Kyle Orton in today's presser:

On maintaining confidence in QB Kyle Orton
“Yes. As I mentioned earlier, not one guy has got us to where we are. I know it’s a popular [subject], but there are a lot of people in our building that understand quarterback play. Right now Kyle, in our opinion, gives us the best chance [to win].”

On what it would take to change his mind about who to start at quarterback
“I can’t predict the future. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be sitting here.”

Buff
09-26-2011, 03:28 PM

“Yes. As I mentioned earlier, not one guy has got us to where we are. I know it’s a popular [subject], but there are a lot of people in our building that understand quarterback play. Right now Kyle, in our opinion, gives us the best chance [to win].”

On what it would take to change his mind about who to start at quarterback
“I can’t predict the future. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t be sitting here.”

Well, at least he isn't being super definitive or insisting that Kyle is the starter for any extended time period... Leaves the door open for a change in a couple weeks. Wouldn't be fair to start someone else in Lambeau anyway... If we're going to feed anyone to the wolves, let it be Orton.

Mike
09-26-2011, 03:29 PM

:censored: When will they stop trotting this piece of garbage line out? I am really starting to get an unhealthy dislike for our idiot of a coach if he believes this is true.

Tned
09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, at least he isn't being super definitive or insisting that Kyle is the starter for any extended time period... Leaves the door open for a change in a couple weeks. Wouldn't be fair to start someone else in Lambeau anyway... If we're going to feed anyone to the wolves, let it be Orton.

Elway this morning on Vic and Gary (not sure why Gary gets second billing) said something like "we take it week by week" when asked about the QB situation.

Bronco4ever
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Well how long did you keep losing before you start to get pressure, even when rebuilding you need to improve. I know its only 3 games, but even with a rough schedule, people want improvement which means more wins.

I can only hope the FO and Fox are starting to feel the pressure to make a qb change, but it seems like they are completely content to stick with Orton. The conundrum we are in is that "Orton gives us the best chance to win", but yet we are in rebuild mode so they expect to lose some games, thus removing any blame on Orton in the FO's eyes.

It will be pretty interesting to see what happens if Orton looks bad against Green Bay and San Diego.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Other than John Elway, who in the building understands QB play? We know John Fox doesn't.

WARHORSE
09-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Ok, vote in the poll and discuss.

Yesterday.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Elway this morning on Vic and Gary (not sure why Gary gets second billing) said something like "we take it week by week" when asked about the QB situation.

If this is an accurate quote, it is a serious change in previous stances on Orton since TC started.

Confidence in Orton has to be waning if Orton goes from the "unquestionable starter" to "we take it week by week."

Perhaps the purgatory that is Orton is coming to an end sooner than we thought. One or two more bad games oughta do it...

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM

[B].... Right now Kyle, in our opinion, gives us the best chance [to win].”

Yep, there is that magickal braindead Coachspeak for ya. Every fan ought to hate and fear that phrase, because of all its hidden implications. Not that I blame Foxy - he has no choice but to say it.

Tned
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
If this is an accurate quote, it is a serious change in previous stances on Orton since TC started.

Confidence in Orton has to be waning if Orton goes from the "unquestionable starter" to "we take it week by week."

Perhaps the purgatory that is Orton is coming to an end sooner than we thought. One or two more bad games oughta do it...

Let me go to the tape for an exact question and quote.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Whole team sucks? Come on. The defense, even with the injuries, is MUCH improved. The team is ranked between 13-15 in the major defensive categories.

Agreed. The whole team doesn't suck. We still have some positions that need upgrading but this team is still improved.

Tned
09-26-2011, 04:11 PM

Let me go to the tape for an exact question and quote.

Ok, here is the question that Vic Lombardi asked on 102.3 this morning. The recording will probably be up on vicandgary.com at some point (might already be there).

Vic Lombardi: "At what point in the season, at what record, do you decide to pull the plug on number 8 and make a change"

John Elway: "I think we take it week by week. I think it's too hard to look into the future. You know, we have guys in here and we're all competitors. We want to continue to get better and try to win some football games. So, I don't think that we... at least I know that I don't, I don't like to get too far ahead. Because if you're Making decision on things down [the road] that you don't really know what they are. So What we're going take em one week at a time....." then talked about getting ready for GB.

UnderArmour
09-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Vic Lombardi: "At what point in the season, at what record, do you decide to pull the plug on number 8 and make a change"

John Elway: "I think we take it week by week. I think it's too hard to look into the future. You know, we have guys in here and we're all competitors. We want to continue to get better and try to win some football games. So, I don't think that we... at least I know that I don't, I don't like to get too far ahead. Because if you're Making decision on things down [the road] that you don't really know what they are. So What we're going take em one week at a time....." then talked about getting ready for GB.

:elefant::elefant::elefant:
That's what I like to hear. I'd rather hear "Tim Tebow is starting next week" but this is also music to my ears.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Ok, here is the question that Vic Lombardi asked on 102.3 this morning. The recording will probably be up on vicandgary.com at some point (might already be there).

He didn't exactly squash the idea, so I like it...

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM

I just got done listening to the entire segment. I don't know if so much a shift. From the way they handled the draft looking the quarterbacks available in this draft and his comment that they will be looking at next year's crop of quarterbacks and then trying to deal Orton are strong indicators they are not sold on Orton or any of our quarterbacks for that matter.

Tned
09-26-2011, 04:23 PM

Hey, where is the "thanks Tned for fast listening and rewinding for ten minutes to transcribe that quote..." comment... ;)

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I just got done listening to the entire segment. I don't know if so much a shift. From the way they handled the draft looking the quarterbacks available in this draft and his comment that they will be looking at next year's crop of quarterbacks and then trying to deal Orton are strong indicators they are not sold on Orton or any of our quarterbacks for that matter.

All 3 will be gone at seasons end. Rebuilding. :coffee:

Davii
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
I would have to say after the bye. But I think that decision needs to be made soon, maybe make that decision this week and start working tebow as much as possible during practices, after practices, etc. attach him to Elways hip after practice to watch film, etc, take the two weeks during the bye and install him.

It can't be a snap decision, I think it would be doing a disservice to Tim to throw him in there without time to acclimate to the #1s and vice verse

Tned
09-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I would have to say after the bye. But I think that decision needs to be made soon, maybe make that decision this week and start working tebow as much as possible during practices, after practices, etc. attach him to Elways hip after practice to watch film, etc, take the two weeks during the bye and install him.

It can't be a snap decision, I think it would be doing a disservice to Tim to throw him in there without time to acclimate to the #1s and vice verse

Also, FWIW, Elway said that he doesn't work with Tebow anymore now that camps over. Now it's just a focus on the upcomiing weeks game plan.

Canmore
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Tim got thrown to the wolves last year and survived. I would be happy with any scenario that makes a change in quarterback in Denver.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I hope after this season I will NEVER hear or see the words "he gives us the best chance to win" again in my life.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
I hope after this season I will NEVER hear or see the words "he gives us the best chance to win" again in my life.

If you follow Professional Sports you will continue to hear it. I promise you that. Its a sports standard, just like guys saying that "mistakes were made. I'm moving forward, putting all that behind me" after getting busted for weed or beating their girlfriend.

Just understand what those really mean.

Tned
09-26-2011, 05:15 PM

Hope in one hand, spit in the other, what do you have????

A handful of spit as you are hearing/reading the words: "he gives us the best chance to win"

:laugh:

vettesplus
09-26-2011, 05:51 PM

improved, yes, but they are still in the suck catagory. on there way up but not there yet.....

Tned
09-26-2011, 05:53 PM
improved, yes, but they are still in the suck catagory. on there way up but not there yet.....

Based on first three games, suck isn't an accurate description. Have you been able to watch any of the games?

vettesplus
09-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Hope in one hand, spit in the other, what do you have????

A handful of spit as you are hearing/reading the words: "he gives us the best chance to win"

:laugh:

he does give us the best chance to win with the qb's we have, no one is saying he gives us a great chance....:lol:

weazel
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM
I didnt see end of last season as an option so I chose the bye

chazoe60
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
This team is much better than that dumpster fire we put on the field last year. However, we still suck at the most important position on the field.

I had a hunch Orton would slip without McD and figures his standing would slide toward the bottom of starters in the NFL, but not this drastically. He's arguably on of the five worst QBs starting in the NFL today. He really is a backup posing as a starter. By this time next season I'm guessing he is a backup. Too bad we get to be the last team dumb enough to start him.

frauschieze
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM

I still feel the same way whenever I hear or see the words "offensive line" and "gel" together. :mad:

Buff
09-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I still feel the same way whenever I hear or see the words "offensive line" and "gel" together. :mad:

Someone said our offense just needs a "spark."

That, and about 7 new starters.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Someone said our offense just needs a "spark."

That, and about 7 new starters.

and a RB. Happy with WRs when all heathy and i think our TEs will be good, Fells is ok. I dont think we need 7 lol. Maybe a couple O-Line. But I think they are set with Walton but a Beadles upgrade would be nice.

Agent of Orange
09-26-2011, 06:32 PM

You gotta let go of this Barkley thing.

Joel
09-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Depends on the situation for me; if an offensive line has a lot of rotation and/or injury I can see it, because they play as a unit and are only as strong as the weakest link, so when they aren't used to playing together bad things can happen, things that don't happen when they've played the last 10 games together.

However, without injuries "gel" really does seem like an empty excuse; if a lot of healthy guys have been replacing other healthy guys that just means a talent deficiency in 1) them, 2) the coach or 3) both.

Also, the occurence of the words, "gel" and "spark" on this page had me thinking, napalm, especially in conjunction with the phrase "dumpster fire." Is our offense free-basing napalm? That would explain a lot.... :tsk:

getlynched47
09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Broncos HC John Fox insists he remains confident in Kyle Orton.

"Right now, in our opinion, Kyle gives us the best chance to win," Fox said Monday. Orton has started poorly, averaging 224 yards while completing only 57.3 percent of his passes. His 6.11 YPA is 26th in the league, and he's clearly not the same player without former OC Josh McDaniels orchestrating the offense. Fox and Broncos VP John Elway may not be responsible for using a first-round pick on Tim Tebow, but at some point they need to see what he's got.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM

No he sure didn't. Actually you can go all the way back to when Elway and Fox first started talking about Orton as the starter. It's never been he's our guy end of story.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 06:58 PM
His 6.11 YPA is 26th in the league...

Most important QB stat there is. Forget Comp. %, total yards, even TD or Int rate, its all about the YPA in my opinion. Orton sucks at it.

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone listening to 104.3 The Fan? Brandon Spano said that some of their guys just changed their tune tonight and started calling for Tebow to start. Anyone hear that?

MasterShake
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
If there is no signs of improvement, definitely after the bye week. I think they are doing some type of Florida Gators day in Miami at that game, so it could be like a home game for Tebow. I'm having a blast watching our defense actually stop the run and pressure the QB the last two games, it would be nice to have a little fun on offense. I'd rather have some damn fool run after two check downs or be able to extend a play with his feet than old neckbeard get his passes tipped at the line over and over.

chazoe60
09-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Anyone listening to 104.3 The Fan? Brandon Spano said that some of their guys just changed their tune tonight and started calling for Tebow to start. Anyone hear that?

Who is Brandon Spano and who are "their guys". I'd love it if you told me they were Bronco players. I know Spano isn't but maybe "Their guys" are.

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Who is Brandon Spano and who are "their guys". I'd love it if you told me they were Bronco players. I know Spano isn't but maybe "Their guys" are.

No, some of the 104.3 guys, most of whom have been bashing Tebow, saying he wasn't an NFL QB or at least not ready to start. I'm not sure which ones were supposedly saying it.

Brandon Spano is on Mile High Sports Radio nightly.

chazoe60
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
No, some of the 104.3 guys, most of whom have been bashing Tebow, saying he wasn't an NFL QB or at least not ready to start. I'm not sure which ones were supposedly saying it.

Brandon Spano is on Mile High Sports Radio nightly.

Thanks for the info

I do honestly wonder how many playerz would welcome a change, espescially defensive players. It's so frustrating to see his obvious poor play excused over and over for going on three years now. It's almost like the only people who really see how bad Orton is are Bronco fans. I realize we judge him harsher than people with no emotional investment to the team will, and that like most things the truth lies somewhere in the middle. But, I trust my eyes and my 25+ years of watching and playing the game of football enough to think that the truth is much closer to my side than to the side of the ones calling him great.

Canmore
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info

I do honestly wonder how many playerz would welcome a change, espescially defensive players. It's so frustrating to see his obvious poor play excused over and over for going on three years now. It's almost like the only people who really see how bad Orton is are Bronco fans. I realize we judge him harsher than people with no emotional investment to the team will, and that like most things the truth lies somewhere in the middle. But, I trust my eyes and my 25+ years of watching and playing the game of football enough to think that the truth is much closer to my side than to the side of the ones calling him great.

I had hopes that Orton would deliver this year. So much for hopes. With the game on the line Orton has delivered exactly what he has for his career, a loss. It's time to move on. Tebow would at least be exciting. Heck, I'm ready to give Brady Quinn a shot. The defense has played well enough to win. We need something from the offensive side of the ball and it starts with the quarterback position.

MasterShake
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I had hopes that Orton would deliver this year. So much for hopes. With the game on the line Orton has delivered exactly what he has for his career, a loss. It's time to move on. Tebow would at least be exciting. Heck, I'm ready to give Brady Quinn a shot. The defense has played well enough to win. We need something from the offensive side of the ball and it starts with the quarterback position.

Moving on is all we can hope for in what we all knew was going to be a mediocre to bad season. Going in, the plan was simple. Trade Orton, play Tebow and see what he had. If it was bad then we draft a QB next year. Players can talk about wanting to win now all they want, but they and the fans know we are recovering from Hurricane Josh still and will be rebuilding for at least another season or two.

I don't know the first thing about calling plays or player evaluation, but I know the term "the best chance to win" rings hollow when we aren't winning. At the very least like you said give Quinn a shot if he really is second string material, or at the worst keep Orton in and put in the Tebow Package at the Goal Line and let the kid be a playmaker. Maybe he's not accurate, but goal line plays are where he excelled even in his rookie season.

Northman
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Moving on is all we can hope for in what we all knew was going to be a mediocre to bad season. Going in, the plan was simple. Trade Orton, play Tebow and see what he had. If it was bad then we draft a QB next year. Players can talk about wanting to win now all they want, but they and the fans know we are recovering from Hurricane Josh still and will be rebuilding for at least another season or two.

I don't know the first thing about calling plays or player evaluation, but I know the term "the best chance to win" rings hollow when we aren't winning. At the very least like you said give Quinn a shot if he really is second string material, or at the worst keep Orton in and put in the Tebow Package at the Goal Line and let the kid be a playmaker. Maybe he's not accurate, but goal line plays are where he excelled even in his rookie season.

Excellent post and i agree.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 08:31 PM

Really? I wonder who Spano is talking about when he says "their guys"?

Tned
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Really? I wonder who Spano is talking about when he says "their guys"?

It was Dmac, Stink and Alfred Williams. Apparently they said it was time that Tebow started being brought into the game in certain situations. Not that he should take over the starting role.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
My opinion...and you know you want to hear it...

This isn't about Orton, therefore I can't answer the question. This is about when, and if, Fox and McCoy think Tebow or Quinn are ready.

In my opinion, this doesn't have a lot to do with Orton. He's filling a spot. A spot that Fox isn't sure either Tebow or Quinn can fill, but a spot nonetheless.

I'm disappointed that neither can take it. As I've said before, Fox is here to create stability and throwing either quarterback to the wolves will never be his philosophy. He's trying to build consistency, and one part of that is playing the best player at each position and sticking to your guns. The problem is, there aren't better options. I know that's frustrating to everyone, it's frustrating to me.

But you don't build stability by willy-nilly throwing caution to the wind just to see what we can see.

That's what Josh McDaniels did. That's what led to Demaryius Thomas, Alphonso Smith, Richard Quinn, Robert Ayers and Tim Tebow. They were "**** it, let's see what they've got" picks. That's not how good organizations work. And that's NOT what you want. You ran that out of town.

So, you don't pull Orton and replace him with Tebow or Quinn for the hell of it. You do it when, and if, his backup(s) are ready. And I'm not so sure they believe they are, no matter how bad Orton has looked in the clutch.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
MO, I would agree with that if this team was not in a rebuilding year. We need to plan ahead, not live in the moment considering our situation. JMO.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
MO, I would agree with that if this team was not in a rebuilding year. We need to plan ahead, not live in the moment considering our situation. JMO.

Live in the moment would mean play Tebow irregardless. So, I think you agree with me and just don't realize it...

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Live in the moment would mean play Tebow irregardless. So, I think you agree with me and just don't realize it...

I'm one of the people that wants to play Tebow to see if we need to draft a QB. I'm not a fanboi. If he's great, awesome, if he sucks. GET LUCK. So, I agree with your thinking, just not this season in our situation.

Tned
09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm one of the people that wants to play Tebow to see if we need to draft a QB. I'm not a fanboi. If he's great, awesome, if he sucks. GET LUCK. So, I agree with your thinking, just not this season in our situation.

This is my position as well. I'm not convinced that Tebow can be a starting caliber NFL QB, not to mention a 'franchise' QB. I do know that Orton isn't a QB to build a team around. So, as it seems pretty obvious that the Broncos are not going to make a playoff run, then they might as well play Tebow to both get him in-game experience and evaluate whether or not he can be a starter in the NFL.

hamrob
09-26-2011, 11:31 PM
This is great stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82297303/article/broncos-coach-deflects-criticism-for-not-using-tebow-for-tds?module=HP11_content_stream

When asked if the fact that Fox kept Tebow on the bench indicated he didn't believe the quarterback could help the team in that situation, the coach bristled.

"I didn't say that," he said. "We just didn't choose (those packages)."

For the record, I really don't think Orton has been that bad. I do believe that we have played some pretty good defensive teams and McCoy has purposely been calling conservative plays. Orton can go down the field, he showed that last year....but, how many times has he tried it the last 3 games. Defenses have to respect you going down the field, otherwise they pin their ears, stack the box and bring the house. Orton is far from nimble...and this only hurts his chances.

Orton is not a bad QB....I don't want to crucify the guy...but, he is clearly not our future and we spend a first round pick on a kid......who happened to be the best college QB of all time. Let's at least give Tebow a try for 10 games or so, before we close the book on him...huh?

hamrob
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I like this to:

http://www.tebowzone.com/

bcbronc
09-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I voted "until mathematically eliminated" but a more accurate option for me would read "when the team stops being competitive, another QB on the roster closes the gap, or we're mathematically eliminated, whichever comes first."

A few people have posted that if it wasn't for two key turnovers by Orton, we could be 3-0. So we're competitive, despite key injuries and a serious lack of depth. On defense we're missing 4 starters, including our two most important pieces. On offense, one game we're down to Tebow playing WR, another we're missing our #1 RB, our downfield TE threat, and still have some WRs out.

Everyone knows Orton is meh as a QB. And yes, he blew it twice in clutch time. But the other side of that coin is he did enough to make clutch time relevant to the game's outcome, this despite a bunch of key injuries, no depth, lousy OL play and bad/overly conservative coaching.

Everyone also knows the next two teams we play are better than us. If we can play both teams tough and still be in both games in the 4th quarter, it will be tough to change QBs. We're a young team, and making a change at QB (unless Tebow or Quinn show enough in practice to get the support of their teammates) would equal quitting on the season imo. It's great as a fan to say it's okay to throw away a season, rebuilding, draft etc but what message does it send our young nucleus of players?

IF the team plays two tough games, even if they come up short, and the coaches go to a different QB who ultimately proves he's not ready to compete, it would cost Fox the dressing room and we'd ultimately be back to square one with a new coach looking for his QB of the future within a couple of years.

I do think Fox will start working in some Tebow packages, probably as soon as next weekend. But as for last week, people need to remember that at the point of the fourth down gamble, Orton was 2-2 in creating redzone TDs vs Tenn. Even going 2 for 3 over the course of a season will give you the #1 or #2 red zone offense in the league. (should have kicked the field goal though, bad coaching decision).

Lancane
09-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I had to go with when they're eliminated from contention and the soul reason is simply to show that they are in control of this franchise, period. We also have to take into consideration that it saves face for the brass, if they did it before then some could question the move, whereas few if any will question them at that point. And they could simply say that they needed to evaluate his progress before the draft or that it was time for him to take the helm, whatever...but they do it at a point where criticism will be minuscule.

bcbronc
09-27-2011, 12:59 AM
I had to go with when they're eliminated from contention and the soul reason is simply to show that they are in control of this franchise, period. We also have to take into consideration that it saves face for the brass, if they did it before then some could question the move, whereas few if any will question them at that point. And they could simply say that they needed to evaluate his progress before the draft or that it was time for him to take the helm, whatever...but they do it at a point where criticism will be minuscule.

yeah, I'm a bit worried Fox and Co. might start making decisions based more on keeping the fickle fans happy than what's best for the team. That's an approach that never ends well, not for the fans, the FO or the players involved.

When there was a big uproar over Quinn playing better than Tebow in the preseason, the next game Quinn didn't get a snap and Tebow got all the #2s (it was game 3 iirc, so Orton and the #1s went into the 2nd half).

Then there's the whole not naming a #2 QB...weird and only one reason to do it...avoid drama. I also worry that Fox is hesitant to use a Tebow package just because of the shit storm it would brew up, especially if Tebow had some success. Now I can see EFX deciding to go with Tebow not because they think he's ready, or even deserving, but just to appease.

I hope Fox isn't letting the Tebow frenzy influence his coaching decisions, but honestly how can it not have some impact even if just subconsciously. Whether it's keeping Tebow off the field in a goalline situation, or putting Tebow in the starting line-up to his long-term detriment, I'll be pretty pissed if any on-field decisions re: personal are made with an eye to fan reaction over winning football games.

Joel
09-27-2011, 01:13 AM
This is great stuff:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82297303/article/broncos-coach-deflects-criticism-for-not-using-tebow-for-tds?module=HP11_content_stream

When asked if the fact that Fox kept Tebow on the bench indicated he didn't believe the quarterback could help the team in that situation, the coach bristled.

For the record, I really don't think Orton has been that bad. I do believe that we have played some pretty good defensive teams and McCoy has purposely been calling conservative plays. Orton can go down the field, he showed that last year....but, how many times has he tried it the last 3 games. Defenses have to respect you going down the field, otherwise they pin their ears, stack the box and bring the house. Orton is far from nimble...and this only hurts his chances.

Orton is not a bad QB....I don't want to crucify the guy...but, he is clearly not our future and we spend a first round pick on a kid......who happened to be the best college QB of all time. Let's at least give Tebow a try for 10 games or so, before we close the book on him...huh?
Saw that story, too, and found it interesting. For one thing, saying "we just didn't choose" packages that used Tebow IS, by implication, saying we didn't think he could help us in that situation: If we thought he could help then obviously we'd choose a package that included him so he could do that.

It's one thing to say Tebow probably isn't our franchise QB; virtually every analyst, commentator and present/former coach/player said that would be the case when Tebow was in the draft. It's another thing entirely to say the guy all those people agreed had the athleticism and work ethic to excel at TE or some other position were wrong and Tebow shouldn't start at QB or ANYTHING ELSE. Especially when the alternative is to put the game on the guy with the 79.1 PR or the one averaging 2.9 YPC.

Maybe Tebow isn't our QB of the future; that's what the smart money says. However, surely, in the second year of his career, he should be doing SOMETHING. My choice would be "blocking and catching passes from Brady Quinn," but allowing him no more impact than I have is a waste of undeniable ability. Kind of ironic that we're chasing TEs left and right while a guy everyone thought would be a star TE is sitting on our bench.

There's a good argument for that, because the players need to know their roster slots and ability to win games isn't flailing wildly in the ever changing winds of public opinion, and the FO needs to know that or they're likely to find a coach with the courage to do what's best for the team regardless of fan reaction. However, Bowlen has a pretty good record of standing by coaches in good times and bad; as long as Fox isn't caught lying to star players and cheating Pat's not likely to pull the plug on him just because he happened to put Tebow in when the crowd was cheering for it.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
for those of you who are drooling for luck....here are the top teams in the lead for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8229e344/article/kansas-city-struggles-but-manages-to-hang-on-to-top-spot

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Saw that story, too, and found it interesting. For one thing, saying "we just didn't choose" packages that used Tebow IS, by implication, saying we didn't think he could help us in that situation: If we thought he could help then obviously we'd choose a package that included him so he could do that.

Fox responded to this implication:

It's not that Fox doesn't think Tebow could excel if used in those short yardage situations, it's just that Fox knows that playing Tebow is a referendum on his starting QB not being able to get it done in the RZ.

Orton is Fox's guy for now, and he knows that if Tebow sees the field it only strengthens the QB controversy...Unfortunately, it seems to me that politics may be playing a part in our playcalling, to the detrement of the team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82297303/article/broncos-coach-deflects-criticism-for-not-using-tebow-for-tds

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Well if our offense continues to be this shitty and we continue to lose games like this because of a stubborn allegiance to Kyle Orton, who by the way is a FREE AGENT at the end of the season, that John Fox is on a very short leash.

I'm sorry, he was not a good hire. He left a Carolina team that wen 2-14, he is .500 for his career, his defenses are middle of the road, his offenses are garbage. He has twice as many losing seasons as winning ones.

Hiring John Fox to be your HC now is like being down 3 points as time expires and pulling up for 2.

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
i think this is really a question for Rex as it is his profession

Tned
09-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, the numbers of held pretty steady from when we had 20 responses to 200 now.

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
For the 14 that answered "Orton gives team the best chance to win, he should remain QB"...I ask.....why?

We ALL know it's a rebuilding year. So why wouldn't we see what we've got in Tim Tebow? Let him fail/succeed for, so then the team can make plans as to whether they need to address the QB position.

In a rebuilding season, we gain nothing by starting Kyle Orton. Period.

bcbronc
09-28-2011, 12:23 AM
It's not that Fox doesn't think Tebow could excel if used in those short yardage situations, it's just that Fox knows that playing Tebow is a referendum on his starting QB not being able to get it done in the RZ.

it's also important to remember two things: Orton at that point was 2 TDs for 2 red zone trips in that game...and if all they planned on doing was giving it to their goalline back and putting their faith in the OL, it didn't make any difference who handed the ball off.

Like has been said many times, not good play calling, with or without Tebow.

Orton is Fox's guy for now, and he knows that if Tebow sees the field it only strengthens the QB controversy...Unfortunately, it seems to me that politics may be playing a part in our playcalling, to the detrement of the team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82297303/article/broncos-coach-deflects-criticism-for-not-using-tebow-for-tds

Agreed...and that's never a good thing. Whether it's Pat Bowlens (imo) knee jerk reaction in firing McDaniels, Fox not willing to name a #2 QB, or the possibility that they're not using any Tebow packages because of the inevitable shit storm that would follow, it's looking more and more like the FO, from Fox up to Bowlen, are letting the wrong influences influence decisions about the on-field product.

You see it here too, posters calling for boycotts until there's a QB change, or billboards saying the same, or fans in the stands chanting Tebow's name etc. Granted, not all of that is actually Bronco fans, but still. When the fanbase starts calling the shots, and the owner becomes more concerned about the bottom line than winning games (assuming the talk that Bowlen fired McDaniels due to feeling the heat of the fans) then we're in for a long, rough time as Bronco fans.

I guess we'll see one way or the other with how long Bowlen is willing to give Fox. If the fans start calling for change every time Fox unsuccessfully runs a HB toss on 3rd and 4, and Bowlen bows to that pressure after two or so seasons, we'll have a good idea where the priorities lay: appease the squeaky wheels even at the detriment of the team's performance.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't think the fans are calling the shots. If they were, we would have seen Tebow in from game 1.

If anything, its probably the fans calling for Tebow that is keeping him out of the games.

Juriga72
09-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Lets see.... Fox DIDNT bench Delhomne after he threw 18 int..... He only benched him when he broke a finger while going 4-7

You think he's going to bench Orton-ary?

TXBRONC
09-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Lets see.... Fox DIDNT bench Delhomne after he threw 18 int..... He only benched him when he broke a finger while going 4-7

You think he's going to bench Orton-ary?

Yes I do if things keep going the way they are. Not every situation is identical.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 10:37 AM

I think this is the answer, and the only right answer. There is no way the coaches are going to start anyone OTHER than the guy that is the best QB on the roster... until... we are eliminated from the playoffs.

WIFan
09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I think if Denver is getting blown out by halftime of the Packer game, put Tebow in. Of course thays mainly because I can see him play in person!

Gary
www.benchkyleorton.com

Agent of Orange
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM

sole reason, not soul. Youve been listening to too much James Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drwsu6f8JlM&feature=related

Juriga72
10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Right now would be a very good time to pull his "He just WINS" ass....

camdisco24
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Right now would be a very good time to pull his "He just WINS" ass....

Just wanted to emphasize that.

girler
10-02-2011, 08:07 PM
How about we never should have acquired him in the first place? :tsk:

NightTerror218
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Hmmm anyone going to pull a Tanya Harding on Orton....seems like that is what it is going to take.

chazoe60
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
We won't see Tebow all season folks. EFX is terrified that Tebow will actually look decent in games and then they won't be able to justify drafting a QB in the first round. They have absolutely no belief in Tebow as an NFL QB, but they know if he goes in and looks even serviceable people will calling for the team to devote a couple of years to developing him (while he starts) and EFX does not want anything to do with that. They want a traditional NFL style pocket QB with some mobility instead of this run first oddball Tebow.

As long as they keep him on the bench they can cut ties with him next year, draft their guy, and claim all along that he couldn't even beat out Orton so they were justified in going in a different direction. It's pretty plain to see IMHO.

Mike
10-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Hmmm anyone going to pull a Tanya Harding on Orton....seems like that is what it is going to take.

I am seriously considering it. What's it worth to you guys?

girler
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM

I figure I got about $100 next friday...

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 08:19 PM

It depends. You have to make certain assurances...like making Orton scream "why me!" like Nancy Kerrigan after you do the deed. If you can give those assurances, then your asking price goes up.

Dreadnought
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
We won't see Tebow all season folks. EFX is terrified that Tebow will actually look decent in games and then they won't be able to justify drafting a QB in the first round. They have absolutely no belief in Tebow as an NFL QB, but they know if he goes in and looks even serviceable people will calling for the team to devote a couple of years to developing him (while he starts) and EFX does not want anything to do with that. They want a traditional NFL style pocket QB with some mobility instead of this run first oddball Tebow.

As long as they keep him on the bench they can cut ties with him next year, draft their guy, and claim all along that he couldn't even beat out Orton so they were justified in going in a different direction. It's pretty plain to see IMHO.

I'd love for you to be wrong, but I have an awful feeling that this may be the case - perhaps in part. If this is so they are making a terrible miscalculation, essentially flushing a season down the crapper and screwing the fans for the privilege of being able to say "told ya so." Problem is, in your scenario I won't believe them when they say that - and I suspect we'll end up flushing EFX before they could develop their own Wunderkind. Then maybe we trade him and start from scratch again.

It must stop. We simply have to play Tebow for a couple of years to see if he truly actually sucks or not.

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd love for you to be wrong, but I have an awful feeling that this may be the case - perhaps in part. If this is so they are making a terrible miscalculation, essentially flushing a season down the crapper and screwing the fans for the privilege of being able to say "told ya so." Problem is, in your scenario I won't believe them when they say that - and I suspect we'll end up flushing EFX before they could develop their own Wunderkind. Then maybe we trade him and start from scratch again.

It must stop. We simply have to play Tebow for a couple of years to see if he truly actually sucks or not.

If they get Luck, thats one thing. The fanbase has probably heard enough positives about him to find this acceptable. But if Elway drafts the blonde kid who played HS ball in southern california, he might as well just build an 80 ft trophy of himself on the 50 yard line because thats what this would be. Barkley is way overhyped but I cringe that they could be angling at him because he has stuff in common with Elway (not the talent, mind you).

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's what l think.

As for playing the 3rd string over the first 2 options; l find it absolutely distrurbing that any Broncos fan could watch Aaron Rodgers and witness first hand the level of skill it takes at the QB position and still say "put in Tebow".

Ortonary had some bad throws, he's Kyle Ortonary, but he also had several throws that Tebow simply can't make. How sad is that?

Yada, yada "he's a gamer"......."passer rating"......."more mobile"......."inspirational"......."will to win"......."wins every game on his own"......."Most Intersting Man in The World".

Heard it all and nothings changed since the last time it meant nothing, peace out.

Again, l leave the hypopcritical fans with the same riddle; if Ortonary is so bad, how bad is the QB that can't even outplay Ortonary's backup?

And now those arguing for Tebow to start are no better than Suck For Luckers.

These losses are a blessing in disguise......

Tned
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM

Like I said with Shanahan firing, NFL history tells us that Fox will be fired in 2-3 years. Now, I think he has a better chance of sticking than McDaniels did, but the odds are still probably more towards him being fired in 2-3 years than turning the Broncos around.

As a former poster might say, Orton might just be a coach killer.

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's what l think.

As for playing the 3rd string over the first 2 options; l find it absolutely distrurbing that any Broncos fan could watch Aaron Rodgers and witness first hand the level of skill it takes at the QB position and still say "put in Tebow".
Ortonary had some bad throws, he's Kyle Ortonary, but he also had several throws that Tebow simply can't make. How sad is that?

Yada, yada "he's a gamer"......."passer rating"......."more mobile"......."inspirational"......."will to win"......."wins every game on his own"......."Most Intersting Man in The World".

Heard it all and nothings changed since the last time it meant nothing, peace out.

Again, l leave the hypopcritical fans with the same riddle; if Ortonary is so bad, how bad is the QB that can't even outplay Ortonary's backup?

And now those arguing for Tebow to start are no better than Suck For Luckers.

These losses are a blessing in disguise......

And what pretty much voids your thoughts here is the fact that we dont have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Matt Barkley is overrated? That's pretty ironic coming from a Broncos message board. If it were up to Broncos fans the Broncos QB depth chart would look like this:

1st Tim Tebow
2nd Bradlee Van Pelt
3rd Jarius Jackson.......

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Matt Barkley is overrated? That's pretty ironic coming from a Broncos message board. If it were up to Broncos fans the Broncos QB depth chart would look like this:

1st Tim Tebow
2nd Bradlee Van Pelt
3rd Jarius Jackson.......

Yes he is. And there's no irony whatsoever. Stop butchering the english language.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
And what pretty much voids your thoughts here is the fact that we dont have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.

You totally missed the point.

Broncos fans keep whining to put Tebow in when he can't even compete with Ortonary and when Ortonary can't compete with the kind of QB's it takes to win Championships. It's incredibly stupid.

But since you brought it up, no, Denver doesn't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.......

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes he is. And there's no irony whatsoever. Stop butchering the english language.

It's ironic coming from fans of some of the most overrated QB's in recent memory.......

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 09:06 PM
You totally missed the point.

Broncos fans keep whining to put Tebow in when he can't even compete with Ortonary and when Ortonary can't compete with the kind of QB's it takes to win Championships. It's incredibly stupid.

But since you brought it up, no, Denver doesn't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.......

And thats all that needed to be said. It kind of makes everything else you said pointless.

You're trying way too hard to be a snob and it doesn't work when you so easily void your attempt at snobbery by conceding that the Broncos don't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.

I think "Link" is an apt name for you. It's apt because you reallly need to evolve in some of your reasoning. You're behind the people you're trying to make fun of.

Dreadnought
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Or any of those other kids still in College. I Literally don't give a Rat's Ass about any of them. I don't watch College ball, and I don't like it. You can't force me to watch NCAA football short of at gun or knifepoint. If we draft somebody I'll wait til G-Money and Coachchaz tell me if he's any good or not :D.

Broncos football, Ladies and gents. Thats what I care about. That's what this board is about. We have 12 more games to go before the next draft - and I want to win as many as possible.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
And thats all that needed to be said. It kind of makes everything else you said pointless.

You're trying way too hard to be a snob and it doesn't work when you so easily void your attempt at snobbery by conceding that the Broncos don't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster.

I think "Link" is an apt name for you. It's apt because you reallly need to evolve in some of your reasoning. You're behind the people you're trying to make fun of.

I'm not trying to be a snob, l'm just pointing out the distrurbing fact that anybody could watch Rodgers and pimp Tebow as anything more than a massive project and 3rd string QB.

I don't mind admitting that the rest of your babble has confused me, apparently some evolving would do me some good, if only l cared.......

Az Snake
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Tim is Fox's red haired step child.
Tim was Mickey D's pick.

Seems like Fox doesn't want anything to do with Tebow.
Even if Tim was thrown in as starter next week, it won't work.

To my knowledge, Tim has never had a chance to work with the 1st team.
If Tim went in, he would be humiliated.
Tebow needs work to get his timing down and be able to read defenses.

I never cared for the Fox selection to succeed McD.
I had more of an established winner coming out of the booth in mind.

When Shanny took the best player available at QB, the following season
the majority of zone blocking was scrapped, larger linemen were procured,
and Jake played in the pocket.

Drop back passing, shot gun formations and hand offs were the repertoire.
Jake was not able to scramble, roll out or run the bootleg anymore.
Everyone knew that Shanny was building the O-Line for Jay's strengths.

IMO if Denver had hired a coach like Gruden, we would have seen a very
similar rebuild of the offense

If Denver ever had an inkling to see if Tebow can cut it they would have
built a package that would play to Tebow's strengths.

Tebow is caught in the twilight zone of the Fox era and he will be snubbed
until Fox is forced to play Tim if an injury knocks out Orton for a while.

Then Tim will go in unprepared, look like a dummy and the naysayers will
say "I told you so".

Regardless of how much talent any player may have, he has to practice
full speed with the starting line up. Tebow is still a cold stone rookie.
Sad really, Tebow has moxy and fire in his gut, he deserves a legit chance.

I wish the kid the best, I'm sure he will perform well in the NFL one day.
Just not sure if it will be in Denver.

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not trying to be a snob, l'm just pointing out the distrurbing fact that anybody could watch Rodgers and pimp Tebow as anything more than a massive project and 3rd string QB.

I don't mind admitting that the rest of your babble has confused me, apparently some evolving would do me some good, if only l cared.......

And this attempt was a disturbing failure. Unfortunately, you're the last to know.

Tned
10-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Tim is Fox's red haired step child.
Tim was Mickey D's pick.

Seems like Fox doesn't want anything to do with Tebow.
Even if Tim was thrown in as starter next week, it won't work.

To my knowledge, Tim has never had a chance to work with the 1st team.
If Tim went in, he would be humiliated.
Tebow needs work to get his timing down and be able to read defenses.

I never cared for the Fox selection to succeed McD.
I had more of an established winner coming out of the booth in mind.

When Shanny took the best player available at QB, the following season
the majority of zone blocking was scrapped, larger linemen were procured,
and Jake played in the pocket.

Drop back passing, shot gun formations and hand offs were the repertoire.
Jake was not able to scramble, roll out or run the bootleg anymore.
Everyone knew that Shanny was building the O-Line for Jay's strengths.

IMO if Denver had hired a coach like Gruden, we would have seen a very
similar rebuild of the offense

If Denver ever had an inkling to see if Tebow can cut it they would have
built a package that would play to Tebow's strengths.

Tebow is caught in the twilight zone of the Fox era and he will be snubbed
until Fox is forced to play Tim if an injury knocks out Orton for a while.

Then Tim will go in unprepared, look like a dummy and the naysayers will
say "I told you so".

Regardless of how much talent any player may have, he has to practice
full speed with the starting line up. Tebow is still a cold stone rookie.
Sad really, Tebow has moxy and fire in his gut, he deserves a legit chance.

I wish the kid the best, I'm sure he will perform well in the NFL one day.
Just not sure if it will be in Denver.

Sean Salsbury was on the radio the other day. He's not convinced Tebow will get a chance to play in Denver, but he is convinced that Tebow will be a winning QB with some NFL club.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 09:15 PM

You should change your username to "John Stewart."

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
And this attempt was a disturbing failure. Unfortunately, you're the last to know.

The last to know what, that you're confusing or that l'm not much of a snob?.......

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
The last to know what, that you're confusing or that l'm not much of a snob?.......

Yes, I know it's all very confusing. If it's making you dizzy, you should sit down.

Simple Jaded
10-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes, I know it's all very confusing. If it's making you dizzy, you should sit down.

You can say that again.......

Ravage!!!
10-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Irony is A of O calling someone else a snob

jhildebrand
10-02-2011, 10:39 PM

ROdgers had his issues coming out of college. In fact, most Tedford QB's do. They even discussed it a bit during the game today because, like any blowout, they ran out of things to discuss.

Also, this bit that Tebow can't beat out Orton so therefore must be worse than Orton logic is not only seriously flawed but is laughable at this point.

Finally, Aaron Rodgers cut his teeth on the field. He improved on the field. He got the playing time. He had a GM who believed in him. He believed so much that he shipped out GB's equivalent of John Elway in an unceremonious fashion.

Brees had his issues. Steve Young ditto. Vick ditto. Philip Rivers still throws the ugliest duckling in the league.

At what point should this team, according to you, see what TT can do no matter how ugly it is? :confused:

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
This week. Or seriously, DURING the bye week so that the week off can be used to tune some plays and get Tebow into the flow of things. After the bye week is just as good as now. Bottom line: the sooner the better. Orton's done. Put a fork in.

Sinthor
10-03-2011, 12:44 AM

I love how Broncos fans somehow expect a rookie or 2nd year guy to do what no other young QB does...beat out an establish vet who isn't total garbage. It doesn't happen, but somehow because Tebow doesn't do it, he sucks. Amazing folks, just amazing. Tell me how many young QB's in the same situation have beat out an established vet rather than starting due to injury or the FO just getting rid of the vet and going with the young guy. Las one I can recall was Dan Marino, and I don't believe he even started out his rookie year as the starter.

Davii
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it will happen at the half against San Diego. I do think it should happen before the half so the Broncos can win though.

Tned
10-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I think it will happen at the half against San Diego. I do think it should happen before the half so the Broncos can win though.

Good call!!

TXBRONC
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM

Good call Davii.

Northman
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Davii is money.

chazoe60
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Gosh if there was only some way to verify if Davii said this before or after the switch. I'll just take his word for it I guess.

Superchop 7
10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Bye Bye Orton.