PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Packers

scott.475
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
My gosh, it is going to be a bloodbath. The Packers are named after the professional meat packers that made up the original team way back. Well, they'll be getting back to their roots, it is going to be a slaughterhouse. Rodgers vs Orton? HAHAHAHAHA...laughable!

Very, very frustrating!

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Orton? hmmmm a few picks and some wind gust fumbles? Another day at the office.

SiouxperBronco
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Packers 31
Broncos 17

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
I think we'll be driven into part of the frozen taundra of Lamboooooooo field.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
This will be ugly.

scott.475
09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Packers 31
Broncos 17

17? So your expecting Kyle to have a good day then?

Montana Battlin Bear
09-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will be a close game

CrazyHorse
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I think we can win. Our chances would be much better if everyone was healthy.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not giving up. Go Broncos!! beat the FudgePackers

Buff
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
I can't remember a game over the last few years where I felt worse about our chances than this one. Maybe going to Indy with our wretched secondaries... Or at SD when we couldn't stop anyone.

I mean, we literally have like zero chance of winning this game. It's embarrassing.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I can't remember a game over the last few years where I felt worse about our chances than this one. Maybe going to Indy with our wretched secondaries... Or at SD when we couldn't stop anyone.

I mean, we literally have like zero chance of winning this game. It's embarrassing.

I've learned to just accept it for now Buff. It sucks but everything is temporary. Unfortanately in the big scheme of things, the franchise has a long way to go yet. Don't know if I'll see a solid bronco team again before I lay down for the dirt nap. (no, that's not a suicide threat)

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Orton will be injured this game....Clay Mathews will make sure of that.

Magnificent Seven
09-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Personally, I am happy with Broncos' defense team. Run defense is definitely improved. They finally stopped the run and they played without, Bailey, Dumervil and DJ Williams. They gave Chris Johnson a bad day. That is a good sign.

We will have full healthy defense team for week 4. Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, and Elvis Dumervil will be back for week 4.

It will be all about Broncos defense vs. Packers offense.

Orange Crush Era Begins!

Nomad
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm not giving up. Go Broncos!! beat the FudgePackers

So you think Orton goes from a zero to a hero in this game? It would be great to bring down the Packers in Green Bay.

It would be great to have the injured players back and see VonDoom unleash on Rodgers.

I believe we'll see some Tebow redzone packages in this game.

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Rodgers hsould pick the secondary apart. They are a little beat up on the OLine, so we might get some pressure from Miller and Hunter, but not enough to matter. None of our safties or LB's can cover Finley and our CB's will get beaten by Jenkins and J. Nelson.

Our OLine will get pushed around by their big DLine and Matthews will blow by Franklin forcing us to keep a TE or RB to help block.

The Packers could play poorly and it could be close, or their talent could play average and beat us by 20.

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
What is the line at?

slim
09-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Jeez fellas, maybe they should just forfeit.

Buff
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
What is the line at?

A generous 13 points. Vegas hasn't had a chance to review yesterday's film.

Jeez fellas, maybe they should just forfeit.

Honestly, that would be preferable to what is going to happen on Sunday. And then I wouldn't be torn about watching or finding something else to do with my day.

BigSarge87
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Packers 31
Broncos 17

But let's explain how we got to this score:

Rodgers goes nuts from the first drive and the Pack are winning 24-10 at half with Orton being 9-18 for 82 yards and a TD (a dump pass to Decker who breaks a couple tackles and runs 30-40 yards for the score). In the second half, GB goes into clock management offense and nickel defense which allows Orton to throw for a couple hundred yards and another TD and a FG. After it's all said and done Orton will look good statistically and all the analysts will say how Orton still gives them the best chance to win.

The game hasn't even been played yet and you can already see what's going to happen. **yawn**

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Tubby was certain the Chefs were going to lose by 30 to the bolts.

You never know.

Buff
09-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Tubby was certain the Chefs were going to lose by 30 to the bolts.

You never know.

Tubby has been silent - I'd like him to weigh in on the state of the state.

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Tubby has been silent - I'd like him to weigh in on the state of the state.

He is buried at work.

He is over Orton I think. He can't stand Moreno, and he hates (HATES) Eddie Royal.

Buff
09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
He is buried at work.

He is over Orton I think. He can't stand Moreno, and he hates (HATES) Eddie Royal.

Moreno will be out of the NFL in a couple years. Guy is worthless. Eddie too if he can't get healthy. Going on three years now.

I am so fed up with football right now. I will be this year's clay.

jlarsiii
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
You know the saying, "on any given Sunday", so there is always a chance we could win. Heck, we could have been 3-0 instead of 1-2 but we're not.

The only thing that surprises me is that just about everyone thought we would suck this year and yet somehow people still want to act surprised when we actually do suck.

I think there is a lot more suckitude coming before we turn the table and are really competitive again

WIFan
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I will be at the game to witness the travesty. Actually, if GB goes up by 30, maybe Tebow comes in. Might be the only time for me to see him play since I live in WI.

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Moreno will be out of the NFL in a couple years. Guy is worthless. Eddie too if he can't get healthy. Going on three years now.

I am so fed up with football right now. I will be this year's clay.

Stay positive, Brother. From the ashes greatness will rise.

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Stay positive, Brother. From the ashes greatness will rise.

I was this guy when McDaniels was coach. Now I'm just going to hammer on Fox.

sneakers
09-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I decided not to go to this game.....mostly because kyle orton is starting and I dont want to be bored to death.

slim
09-26-2011, 04:24 PM

Me too. I gave out all of my free passes over the last two years.

It's nothing personal against EFX or the current players, but I just don't have any free passes left.

slim
09-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Honestly, that would be preferable to what is going to happen on Sunday. And then I wouldn't be torn about watching or finding something else to do with my day.

That's the spirit!

Nomad
09-26-2011, 04:33 PM

I'll give Fox a little of the 'wait and see' approach, not much though. We know what we have in Fox and didn't in McDaniels.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 05:03 PM
:elefant:Hey Phidelt.....CBS Anchorage has BRONCOS/Packers for next Sunday afternoon.....I hope it sticks and not get bumped for Raiders/Patriots!!

Cugel
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM

Exactly the OPPOSITE of reality. :coffee:

Under McMoron it was hopeless. There was exactly ZERO chance the team would EVER improve until they fired his sorry ass!

Under Fox there's at least hope. The defense is playing a lot better than I expected. The offense is about what I expected. And NO, it won't be any better when Tebow gets his chance. Not with this O-line.

The one thing that hurts the most is watching Clay Matthews running around making plays for Green Bay, when he could have been a Bronco (along with Brian Orakpo) instead of the worthless Moreno and Robert Ayers!

Of course on the down-side if McMoron wasn't such a horrible GM, having thrown away 4 first round picks in 2 years, he might still have his job. And that would not be a good thing. :coffee:

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 05:27 PM

I will pull the weight then. Fox isn't an *******, and he can fix shitty beds.

Buff
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
You know the saying, "on any given Sunday", so there is always a chance we could win. Heck, we could have been 3-0 instead of 1-2 but we're not.

The only thing that surprises me is that just about everyone thought we would suck this year and yet somehow people still want to act surprised when we actually do suck.

I think there is a lot more suckitude coming before we turn the table and are really competitive again

I think I was in denial for a long time. I honestly believed that we'd be about average this year. I thought last year was an aberration.

But we are a really, really bad football team. Embarrassingly, frustratingly, horrendously bad. First pick in the draft bad. Laughing stock of the league bad. Completely irrelevant on the national stage bad.

I am having a tough time coping with this reality.

slim
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I think I was in denial for a long time. I honestly believed that we'd be about average this year. I thought last year was an aberration.

But we are a really, really bad football team. Embarrassingly, frustratingly, horrendously bad. First pick in the draft bad. Laughing stock of the league bad. Completely irrelevant on the national stage bad.

I am having a tough time coping with this reality.

Whoa, slow down there buff. Two 3 point losses are not the end of the world.

We will make a change at QB after the bye and then we can reevaluate.

Buff
09-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Have you seen our offense? We don't scare anyone. Who are we going to beat? Where are the wins going to come from?

Maybe split with the Chiefs and pull a lucky horse shoe or two out of our asses... Seattle is really bad.

I would wager a large amount on us picking in the Top 5 again next year.

Canmore
09-26-2011, 05:50 PM

I'm hoping you are right.

We are a bad team but I don't think we are bottom of the barrel just yet. The defense is playing alright without Doom, DJ and Champ. The offense just needs a spark.

slim
09-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Have you seen our offense? We don't scare anyone. Who are we going to beat? Where are the wins going to come from?

Maybe split with the Chiefs and pull a lucky horse shoe or two out of our asses... Seattle is really bad.

I would wager a large amount on us picking in the Top 5 again next year.

Yes, I have seen our offense and I addressed this issue in my post (see our post bye week QB change).

Please define large amount, because I like to make silly bets.

Buff
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Yes, I have seen our offense and I addressed this issue in my post (see our post bye week QB change).

Please define large amount, because I like to make silly bets.

You're right - I can't make the bet because of the unknown Tebow factor.

But that doesn't mean I can't jump off this ledge in the meantime. :irrationallybitter:

Joel
09-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Vegas doesn't care about yesterdays game film; they don't even care who wins: All they care about is setting the line so an equal number bet both sides, taking a cut from each bettor, then paying the winners with the losers money. IF anyone's going to bet (which I don't recommend,) they should do so knowing that the line has little to do with the likely score and everything to do with what gamblers (NOT bookies) expect it to be. Right now it looks like as many people think GB will win by 13 or more as not.

Personally, I'd take GB and the points, but if a bunch of people put a bunch of money on GB over this week, the line will go up until there's as much money bet on Denver. In other words, IF you're going to bet on GB (which I still don't recommend,) it's probably better to do it now, because the line will only go up, but IF you're going to bet on us (which is still a bad idea) you should probably wait until Saturday, when the line could be GB by 21.5. Of course, having a former NFL Sack King and one of the best CBs ever injured makes that debatable; if the team announces on Thursday that they'll definitely play, the line could go decrease rather than increase. Perception definitely trumps reality here.

With their offense and D against our inconsistent D and invisible offense, it could be a slaughter. Or Doom, Champ and DJ could run amok with Miller, Mays and Dawkins and hold them to 20 points, though I still don't think our offense will do much--but to beat the line GB would have to hold us to 7 right now. If you've got extra money to gamble, you're probably better off putting it in stocks, which have the advantage of 1) historically good returns in the long term and 2) being legal. There again, the same rules of timing and perception vs. reality apply.

shank
09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
i feel like i learned something

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
A line moving 8.5 points in a week? Really?

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
who is going to WIN...Mathews or Franklin?

I think Orton is going to be rocked this game unless he reads the defense and uses some simple quick out passes.

Day1BroncoFan
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Fox has a game plan for orton. :nod:

Joel
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM
A line moving 8.5 points in a week? Really?
That was more hyperbole to illustrate the point; it would take a LOT more people betting on one team to move it that much. But if that many people do so, it'll happen: It's an actuarial certainty. Also, I'm 99% certain the line isn't 13 points, but either 12.5 or 13.5, because otherwise GB winning by EXACTLY 13 would be a push and everyone cries.

Buff
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Did Morambar really just explain gambling to me?

Joel
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
I wasn't sure how you serious you were about Vegas reviewing the game film.

BeefStew25
09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
That was more hyperbole to illustrate the point; it would take a LOT more people betting on one team to move it that much. But if that many people do so, it'll happen: It's an actuarial certainty. Also, I'm 99% certain the line isn't 13 points, but either 12.5 or 13.5, because otherwise GB winning by EXACTLY 13 would be a push and everyone cries.

Vegas has push numbers all the time.

Nomad
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Is he right? I wouldn't know.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Buff, you just showed Moramber your ass. Now let it go.

Slick
09-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Mystery post Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Vegas has push numbers all the time.

Vegas makes a ton of scrilla off of push juice all the time.

Joel
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Vegas makes a ton of scrilla off of push juice all the time.
I was not aware they allowed pushes, but are you saying they still hit bettors for juice even then? Seems kinda lame to hit EVERYONE for that when don't pay ANYONE.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Not that I ever bet but rumor has it most books will still charge juice to play and to push. Multiply that by thousands and you can quickly see why.

Joel
09-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Not that I ever bet but rumor has it most books will still charge juice to play and to push. Multiply that by thousands and you can quickly see why.
Sure I can see why, but... wow.