PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to ask John Elway about the organization, now & future?

Tned
09-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Ok, serious question.

If you, or someone else ;), had a chance to ask John Elway questions about the Broncos organization, present and/or future, what would you want to ask him?

Let's get a list of questions.

Northman
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Are we drafting a QB in the first round next year. Yes or no.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Why was it OK to put Orton up on the trading block and go with Tebow or Quinn if the trade went through, but when it didn't why is Ortons lack of play making acceptable to the front office?

TXBRONC
09-25-2011, 08:21 PM
If Denver continues to lose games with Orton at quarterback is there point you pull the plug and if so when?

Tned
09-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Good questions, keep them coming.

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
can we trade all 3 Qb's for a bag of socks and some lettuce?

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Did you and Kubiak ever entertain some company the night before a road game?

sneakers
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
What do you plan on giving out at halloween this year?

Also, do you know what a Defensive Tackle is?

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:29 PM
I would ask him a few questions:

1.) Who is the most underrated/unappreciated Bronco he played with?

2.) Who, in his opinion, is the 2nd best QB in Broncos history?

Tned
09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I would ask him a few questions:

1.) Who is the most underrated/unappreciated Bronco he played with?

2.) Who, in his opinion, is the 2nd best QB in Broncos history?

It would be funny if his answer to number two was "I think I was the 2nd best Broncos QB"

spikerman
09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Along the same line as Sneakers, I would ask if he has noticed that teams with great defenses typically dominate up front. Why doesn't Denver put more emphasis on building strong defensive lines?

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:32 PM
It would be funny if his answer to number two was "I think I was the 2nd best Broncos QB"

Rephrase: Not including you, who do you think had the single greatest career as a Broncos QB?

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
real question:

what is the direction of this team?

Maybe lead in with, Being only in for just a year, and with limited time....

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
May I please have a superbowl ring?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:37 PM
How about this:

If you were the coach and taking your successful career and history out of the equation, would you actually start someone exactly like you, with your stats you had in your first starts as a bronco straight out of college?

You don't know who is going to be great when they are a rookie and I would bet John wouldn't even give himself a chance in this day and age if he was evaluating himself after 3 games

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Did Keith Bishop really say "We've got them right where we want them" before The Drive?

BeefStew25
Oh dear lord.

Benetto
Is Von Miller really a robot?

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
How in the world does Kyle Orton give us the best chance to win?

TXBRONC
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
What are the chances of drafting a running back next year?

Tned
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok, I have one.

How do you balance the need to win now (fans in seats, veteran players) against evaluating talent and building for the future?

Realisitically, at what point in the season (in terms of wins/losses) should preparing for the future become the main focus?

atwater27
09-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Mr. Elway, thank you for the opportunity to ask you about the future of the team. My question is; when you hear the names Maa Tanuvasa, Trevor Pryce, Keith Traylor, and remember watching them stuff the run, collapse the pocket and wreak havoc on opposing quarterbacks with interior pressure during your super bowl winning seasons , what are your thoughts on the importance of the defensive tackle position to your organization?

Slick
09-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Does he squirm in his seat when he watches the pocket collapse around kyle orton?

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Does he squirm in his seat when he watches the pocket collapse around kyle orton?

Elway never squirms.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Ok, I have one.

How do you balance the need to win now (fans in seats, veteran players) against evaluating talent and building for the future?

Realisitically, at what point in the season (in terms of wins/losses) should preparing for the future become the main focus?

Solid question!

TXBRONC
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Orton had pretty good protection all day long.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Did Keith Bishop really say "We've got them right where we want them" before The Drive?

That question would make him wonder if you're a long-time Broncos fan.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Is Von Miller really a robot?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/2340/saturday-night-live-old-glory

Tned
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Any more serious questions to ask John Elway?

Northman
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok, I have one.

Excellent question. I would love to know the answer to it.

Northman
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Is he still taking time out to help Tebow with his mechanics at practice.

TXBRONC
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Last year two of Denver's draft picks were used on safety. With Champ getting up there in years will Denver draft a cornerback in 2012 draft in preparation for when Champ decides to retire?

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Is Kyle Orton playing up to his full potential right now?
If not, when do you expect that to happen?
If yes then, why is he starting?

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Do you like long walks on the beach?

Magnificent Seven
09-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey Mr. Elway,

Can you come out from retirement and play for us? We need you.

Watchthemiddle
09-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Why is everyone so afraid to start Tebow? What's the worst thing that can happen...we lose? Or maybe its worse for the organization if he does win and then there is a bunch of egg on faces.

Is it an ego thing??? I'm all about forgiving EFX if they make a change and we win.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Why is everyone so afraid to start Tebow? What's the worst thing that can happen...we lose? Or maybe its worse for the organization if he does win and then there is a bunch of egg on faces.

Is it an ego thing??? I'm all about forgiving EFX if they make a change and we win.

Tebow? Why not Quinn? These guys see them in practice every week. They have been with them all TC. Yet there is not really any players that seem to be crying for Tebow...perhaps they know something about Tebow that we do not.

dogfish
09-26-2011, 12:39 AM
yo john, where's the beef?

this team doesn't consistently win the battle at the line of scrimmage-- is there a plan in place to remedy the situation?

wayninja
09-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Is it weird to be a legend on the football field, but a joke managing football?

bcbronc
09-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Do you see Tebow as being better suited for FB or TE?

chazoe60
09-26-2011, 02:37 AM
Do you see Orton better suited as a door stop or a paper weight?

Tned
09-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Nice questions. Any more?

Nomad
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
yo john, where's the beef?

this team doesn't consistently win the battle at the line of scrimmage-- is there a plan in place to remedy the situation?

This would be my first question!!

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
The running game appears to lack explosion. Is there anything that can be done to remedy the situation?

Mike
09-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Why is it better to win say 5-6 games with a QB with little to no potential or future value to the Broncos organization than to win say 2-3 games with a QB with unknown potential or future value with the organization?

Would seeing a players potential during game time situations make decisions easier for the draft?

Is Pat Bowlen broke?

Does Xanders deliver a mean pizza?

Who you interested in as next year's o-coordinator?

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm thinking Elway made Xanders bend over at his house and scream "sooooooouuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" to keep his job.

Buff
09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
I have nothing to ask John Elway. I've heard enough talk out of everyone in this organization.

My question would be - when do you think we might win two games in a row?

MileHighCrew
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
WHY????

Why Orton?

Why no Dennison?

Why Fox?

Why Xanders?

Why not trade Tebow and rid the Broncos of all the noise and distractions?

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
I have nothing to ask John Elway. I've heard enough talk out of everyone in this organization.

that's just it. i wouldn't expect an honest answer from him unless it was just he and I on top of my garage at 2 in the morning hammered off our asses

slim
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
I would ask him why he only interviewed one person for the GM position.

To me, that is unacceptable.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Answer: When we get a better quarterback, of course he would never put that on the record.

BigDaddyBronco
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Mr. Elway, what are you going to do to improve the talent evaluation portion of the front office? Any changes in scouting, draft preperation, etc?

What are your philosophies in building a team? Skill players over guys in the trenches? Inside out, outside in, secondary before DLine, etc.

Thnikkaman
09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Mr. Elway, Is your plan to ruin this great franchise you helped build so that you may move the team to L.A.?

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Mr. Elway, Is your plan to ruin this great franchise you helped build so that you may move the team to L.A.?

do you really suspect that Tink?

LRtagger
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
John,

Can I borrow $10,000? I swear I'm not going to use it on a billboard.

ydave77
09-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok, I have one.

If you are getting an honest answer, these would be great questions. And no offense to John, but he will have to give the "correct" answers.

1. We plan to win now. We play the players that give us the best chance at doing that, and having our younger players win their positions in practice, is best for the future as well. Or some variatoin of this, where you really get no actual information.

2. Until and unless we are eliminated, we are playing for this year. We are always planning for the future, but the focus is on winning now. Or some variation...

Thnikkaman
09-26-2011, 11:28 AM
do you really suspect that Tink?

The paranoid person inside of me says yes. The logical person in me says that there is no way in hell that California can support 4 Football, 5 Baseball, 4 Basketball and 2 Hockey franchises.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Some good questions.
I believe John Elway began "rebuilding" Denver the moment he took over a VP.
I think he gave a scathing assessment of the recent mistakes by the organization to Bowlen and Co, and then gave his vision for the future.
There no talent on this team, and very little depth.
Some of you guys are just living in lala land if you think this team is trying to win now, or make a playoff push.
Lets go over the last year shall we?
Since John became VP,
Hired a defensive oriented HC.
Had the draft where they took the players with the most long term upside. Fixed Mcdoodooheads drafts.
Signed a 30 yr old RB in FA. No other signing. None. Huh, odd for a team thats trying to "win now"?
Traded their veteran #2 WR to WASH for a no talent ass clown.
Tried to trade their starting QB, but since they were asking too much and then saw how piss-poor TT looked in camp, they quickly stopped that whole mess, and went with the neckbeard as the starter.
Wow. Just wow. If that doesnt reek of rebuild, i dont know what does.
Were rebuilding, and this season will be spent getting out from under the rock at "rockbottom".

SpringsBroncoFan
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
In light of Elway bragging about openness(or whatever he called it) and about having multiple draft boards...

I'd like to ask him to release the draft board (and where we signed a fa how they were ranked compared to the draft board)...

Not going to happen but that's what I'd like to see...