PDA

View Full Version : Orton's last 3 starts vs Tebow's first 3 starts

cardoso
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Lets take a look at Orton's last 3 starts vs Tebow's last 3 starts. Lets keep in mind when Tebow started he had no head coach, No 1st string snaps all training camp and all season. Orton in the mean time took every snap with first string during training camp this year and during practice. They have just about the same teammates, in fact Orton's team is better than the team Tebow lead. lets take a look...

Kyle Orton's 1st 3 starts:

Passing: 672 yds/5 td's/3 int's/8 sacks for -41yds
Rushing: 11 yds/0 td/2 fumbles lost

Tebow's first 3 starts:

Passing: 651yds/4 td's/3 int's/6 sacks for -21 yds
Rushing: 199yds/3 td's/0 fumbles lost

Total yards accounted for:

Kyle Orton: 683 yds/5 td's/ 5 turnovers (2 of them game ending)
Tim Tebow: 850 yds/7 td's/ 3 turnovers

Total Record:

Kyle Orton: 1-2
Tim Tebow: 1-2

One QB has 7 years experience and the benefit of going through training camps and practices taking all of 1st string snaps

The other QB was a rookie thrown in the fire playing for an interim coach who's previous experience was running back's coach.

Sure looks like Kyle gives us the best chance to win. 6-19 and counting! The wins keep on stacking!

Agent of Orange
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Lets take a look at Orton's last 3 starts vs Tebow's last 3 starts. Lets keep in mind when Tebow started he had no head coach, No 1st string snaps all training camp and all season. Orton in the mean time took every snap with first string during training camp this year and during practice. They have just about the same teammates, in fact Orton's team is better than the team Tebow lead. lets take a look...

Kyle Orton's 1st 3 starts:

Passing: 672 yds/5 td's/3 int's/8 sacks for -41yds
Rushing: 11 yds/0 td/2 fumbles lost

Tebow's first 3 starts:

Passing: 651yds/4 td's/3 int's/6 sacks for -21 yds
Rushing: 199yds/3 td's/0 fumbles lost

Total yards accounted for:

Kyle Orton: 683 yds/5 td's/ 5 turnovers (2 of them game ending)
Tim Tebow: 850 yds/7 td's/ 3 turnovers

Total Record:

Kyle Orton: 1-2
Tim Tebow: 1-2

One QB has 7 years experience and the benefit of going through training camps and practices taking all of 1st string snaps

The other QB was a rookie thrown in the fire playing for an interim coach who's previous experience was running back's coach.

Sure looks like Kyle gives us the best chance to win. 6-19 and counting! The wins keep on stacking!

Prepare to hear about practice.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
My GUESS, and it depends on just how stubborn Fox really is, but my GUESS is that we will see a QB change during the bye week.

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
enough said :salute:

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Oh I guess the anti-Tebow folks don't have anything to say when faced with the actual numbers and facts

Great OP! Thanks for taking the time to look those stats up, I wouldn't care if the stats weren't even that close

I know what my eyes saw, and that was a team playing with heart and fire

And a team that had no chance of winning those three games actually winning 1 and almost winning the other two

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Some people take this anti word to extremes.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm solidly anti-Krugan

lgenf
09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Some people take this anti word to extremes.

Then why not Tebow?

Right now there could be no argument, Orton isn't getting the job done

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
If Orton was on ANY other team in the NFL, "Next man up".

But here? "Maybe next time, Kyle."

SR
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Orton went 6-0 in his first six starts as a Bronco. Tebow can't compete with that.

SR
09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh I guess the anti-Tebow folks don't have anything to say when faced with the actual numbers and facts

Great OP! Thanks for taking the time to look those stats up, I wouldn't care if the stats weren't even that close

I know what my eyes saw, and that was a team playing with heart and fire

And a team that had no chance of winning those three games actually winning 1 and almost winning the other two

Did you Tebow nut swingers ever stop to think about the fact that other opposing NFL teams had no tape on Tebow in an every down, full time QB role? All they had to go off of was the occasional "Wild Horse" play and goal line stuff. He caught the opposing teams off guard because they were probably watching Florida tape all week to try to prepare for him. Do you really think Clay Matthews wouldn't destroy Tim Tebow? What about the Ravens D? Do you think the Jets defense would just let him run free? He played against the RAIDERS, TEXANS, and CHARGERS. You Tebow fans are all ******* blind. Yeah, good leader, great athlete...etc...etc...SHITTY QUARTERBACK.

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Did you Tebow nut swingers ever stop to think about the fact that other opposing NFL teams had no tape on Tebow in an every down, full time QB role? All they had to go off of was the occasional "Wild Horse" play and goal line stuff. He caught the opposing teams off guard because they were probably watching Florida tape all week to try to prepare for him. Do you really think Clay Matthews wouldn't destroy Tim Tebow? What about the Ravens D? Do you think the Jets defense would just let him run free? He played against the RAIDERS, TEXANS, and CHARGERS. You Tebow fans are all ******* blind. Yeah, good leader, great athlete...etc...etc...SHITTY QUARTERBACK.

4 years of college doesn't count for game film I guess?

SR
09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
4 years of college doesn't count for game film I guess?

Because Florida Gators and Denver Broncos share a playbook.

SiouxperBronco
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
:salute:START TEBOW....... GBČ:salute:

SR
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
:salute:START TEBOW....... GBČ:salute:

Yuck.

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Because Florida Gators and Denver Broncos share a playbook.

Film is film. Tendencies are tendencies. They can study the Broncos in general if they want to know about that, but we're talking about Tebow individually, aren't we?

SR
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Film is film. Tendencies are tendencies. They can study the Broncos in general if they want to know about that, but we're talking about Tebow individually, aren't we?

Would watching Peyton Manning Vols film compare to watching Peyton Manning Colts film?

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Would watching Peyton Manning Vols film compare to watching Peyton Manning Colts film?

I thought this was about a rookie that had no game film yet? Great comparison to a 15 year vet, flawless reasoning.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't like the game-film comments. It really won't matter much. It's called improvisation.

That said, I'm not a Tebow nut-swinger. I am just absolutely sick of Orton.

SR
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM
I thought this was about a rookie that had no game film yet? Great comparison to a 15 year vet, flawless reasoning.

Do you really think the Oakland Raiders were sitting in practice saying to each other "ok guys, this is what he did last year in Florida, so he's gonna do that this time too with the Denver Broncos despite everything they've done to try to improve his mechanics, throwing motions, defensive checks, etc"? You're high if you think you can game plan for an NFL QB by watching their college film. Tebow apologists will stop at nothing to justify why he's better and should be starting. Tebow needs to be riding pine until his contract is over and Denver can ditch him.

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Do you really think the Oakland Raiders were sitting in practice saying to each other "ok guys, this is what he did last year in Florida, so he's gonna do that this time too with the Denver Broncos despite everything they've done to try to improve his mechanics, throwing motions, defensive checks, etc"? You're high if you think you can game plan for an NFL QB by watching their college film. Tebow apologists will stop at nothing to justify why he's better and should be starting. Tebow needs to be riding pine until his contract is over and Denver can ditch him.

Tebow hasn't proved anything yet, sure. I believe he can make it, you don't think he can at all. What are we both basing it on? Nothing. You have preconceived notions about someone you've barely seen play for real yet. Please, stop acting superior.

wayninja
09-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Orton went 6-0 in his first six starts as a Bronco. Tebow can't compete with that.

True... but mostly since tebow is 3 starts away from any fair comparison.

SiouxperBronco
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/rosebudcop/broncosgiforton.gif

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
We can't justify keeping Orton around hoping the NFL changes to a 6 game season. And since those 6 wins, he's played himself out of the starting job.

wayninja
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Honestly, this is a coaching fail.

This is the last year of Ortons contract, we would have been MUCH better off to have traded him when there was trade value.

I guess hindsight is 20/20, but I bet EFX are kicking themselves for letting the Miami deal fall through.

Clipworthy
09-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Honestly, this is a coaching fail.

This is the last year of Ortons contract, we would have been MUCH better off to have traded him when there was trade value.

I guess hindsight is 20/20, but I bet EFX are kicking themselves for letting the Miami deal fall through.

They had nothing to do with the deal falling through, Orton refused to restructure his contract and take less money than he's already making (9 million)

Orton, always ruining things.

AlWilsonizKING
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/rosebudcop/broncosgiforton.gif

Boy I can't wait for Tebow to do the same thing....You act as if Tebow will never fumble or lose the ball...shoot I watched Elway do the same thing with a WET ball before.:rolleyes:

This is obviously hypothetical but everyone talks about Tebows first three starts and going 1-2 as "good".....well if that average kept up (who really knows what it would be), but if it did, he would go 8 and 17.....hmmm yeah I guess technically he would be sitting better than Orton is record-wise, but not really a record I would like much.

Again, I know it doesn't mean much at this point, but I just don't see 1-2 as anything good.....just me though.

PEACE!!!

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 11:04 PM

He never had any trade value. Tavarius Jackson got picked up before Orton did on the trade wire. Ditto with Mcnabb. Henne is ranked 4 slots higher than Orton, showing how bad a trade it was for Miami.

EMB6903
09-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Orton had 173 yards off of 39 pass attempts today.

LMAO!

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Nobody wanted Orton, that's why we got stuck with him. The team that beat us today didn't even sniff his direction when they brought in Hasselback.

Thinking we could get a 2nd for a backup QB was a joke from the beginning.

Orton should be benched, but not this week, don't want to feed one of our youngsters to the wolves at Green Bay.

The mess that Josh McDaniels left won't be easily cleaned.

Watchthemiddle
09-26-2011, 12:11 AM

Annnnddddd.....he has done WHAT since those first 6 games? Oh that's right, he remembered he was Kyle Orton...mediocre, predictable, no playmaking ability, no come from behind wins......shoot TT got his first come from behind in his second game of his career....down by a ton at halftime.

So again....what has Orton done

Juriga72
09-26-2011, 06:33 AM
12-21 since that miraculous 6-0 start where the defense held the other teams to less than 14 pts/game....

smith49
09-26-2011, 06:42 AM
I think some in here have lost some perspective of the situation. The fact are these:

1. Kyle Orton is not good. He folds like a lawn chair in the face of the slightest pressure. He throws a nice ball, but rarely completes anything over ten yards. He is garbage inside the red zone. We all know we can not and will not win with him as QB.

2. TT may or may not be good. He played well in three starts at the end of last season, but apparently had a lousy camp this season. He is a great leader, plays with passion, and no one can say otherwise. We all don't really know what we have, if anything with TT. I for one wouldnt mind knowing.

3. BQ may or may not be good as well. He did look good at times in pre season. He also throws a nice ball. He can extend plays, well anyone can in comparison to Orton. I wouldnt mind knowing what, if anything, he has to offer as well.

OK, so maybe there is a lot more to it than that, but in my mind thats enough for me to say bye bye KO. Why the hell are we holding on to him as our starter. Lets find out what TT, or BQ brings to the table. If they both suck then at least we know and can look toward the draft.

This is not a good team, especially offensively. We all know that this team is not going to sniff a playoff birth. Soooo, like I stated before, why wait? Why not get to it and throw the other two QB's into the mix and see what they can do. We have nothing to lose at this point.

Just the way I see it. I dont understand why so much argument on wether TT, or even BQ are good or not. We KNOW KO is not, so lets move on allready. When they get a shot then you all can argue about how good or how crappy they are. KO has had more than a fair chance to prove he can lead a team and has failed. The proof is in the poodin'.

John Bad Elk
09-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I admit it; I am a Tebow fan and have followed his career since HS. He has always found a way to win.

Orton is lame; his name appears in the dictionary next to mediocrity.

Maybe T2 will fail when put to the test. He cannot do any worse than Orton and the Bronco's (and everyone else) will have the ability to judge his talent as he competes on the field for the remainder of this season or as he longs as he can perform to standard.

This team is going nowhere with Orton as the QB, he needs to find an nice comfy second string gig somewhere.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
I didn't care much for Tebow's style in college. I think there are a lot like me who could care less about Tebow, Quinn, or anyone else, we are just sick and tired of watching Kyle Orton play QB for this team.

I know there are at least SOME like me who were perfectly happy developing Cutler when McDaniels showed up and ruined our team.

Krugan
09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Then why not Tebow?

Right now there could be no argument, Orton isn't getting the job done

There is argument, obviously.

I dont want orton either.

Im not sold on the whole group. All 3 have flaws, some more glaring than others.

All 3 stare down their guys, all three seem to be able to turn an easy pass into a highlight real catch.

Its a sad state we are in.

but NOONE can say, without a doubt, that one of the 2 remaing QB's are going to make this all better.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 08:24 AM
12-21 since that miraculous 6-0 start where the defense held the other teams to less than 14 pts/game....

You might want to check that stat...It's actually much worse than that since the 6-0 start.

I think it is 12 wins total when you include the 6-0 start.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 08:46 AM
You might want to check that stat...It's actually much worse than that since the 6-0 start.

I think it is 12 wins total when you include the 6-0 start.

Orton is 6-19 in his last 25 starts. In other words, the Broncos have LOST 76% of the last 25 games Kyle Orton has started.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Maybe they should have watched that film from Tebow's days at Florida. That film would show that Tim had a tendancy to take off and run and he burned the Raiders for a 40 yard TD....guess they were'nt prepared.

When you have no NFL film to go on, yeah you look at college gametape to at least see what his tendancies are, coupled with Broncos tape to take a look at the offense they run.

Juriga72
09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Orton is 6-19 in his last 25 starts. In other words, the Broncos have LOST 76% of the last 25 games Kyle Orton has started.

BUT..... "How can you win a game when the defense gives up 30 points everytime?...:)

wayninja
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
BUT..... "How can you win a game when the defense gives up 30 points everytime?...:)

We haven't given up 30 points in a game yet this season and are still 1-2.

Orton will find a way.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
We haven't given up 30 points in a game yet this season and are still 1-2.

Orton will find a way.

He was being sarcastic.

cardoso
09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
i get a kick of watching people trying to defend Orton. I really wish i could watch a game with them. :lol:

lgenf
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM

They shouldn't need game film to game plan against him
According to the experts around the league T2 can't play QB at all at this level

Heck most have him at 4th string on this team

If someone is that shitty a QB why wouldn't any old defense be able to stop him with their normal defensive schemes?

Oh and as for your he only played against these guys

The raiders crushed us early in the year with that same exact team and the exact same Orton lead offense didn't do shit, however the Tebow lead same fng crew almost won the damn game at Oakland.

The Chargers had the best defense in the league last year and again we were in that game to the very last play - DID YOU HEAR ME??? the BEST D in the entire NFL last year

Then he beat the texans yeah they sucked, but they are still an NFL defense and since T2 can't play QB at all I guess that was just dumb luck

Bullgator
09-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Yuck.

Red you are WEAK. I feel sorry for you.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Kyle Orton vs Tim Tebow is about as weak as Jay Fiedler vs Jon Kitna. Lets just move along to something else completely.

Bullgator
09-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Kyle Orton vs Tim Tebow is about as weak as Jay Fiedler vs Jon Kitna. Lets just move along to something else completely.

OOOOOHHhhh no you dont... you will sit down, shut up and see what Tebow has to offer before you open your mouth. Only then can you even have an opinion. eff off with "lets move on" we can move on when TT gets 10 games to see what he can do. Until then all you haters trying to "move on" can eat some fumundah cheese.... thats cheese FUMUNDAH MY NUTTS! :lollypop:

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I saw what Tebow offered. He makes plays unconventionally and he passes for about 50%, both are not favorable to the pass happy NFL in todays era. If you want him to make plays the way he has been, great, he might get us to 10 wins in a best case scenario, assuming he doesn't get hurt. He is not the kind of QB that is going to win double digits every year for 7+ seasons.

Lets look for that guy!

Day1BroncoFan
09-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Last three games Orton VS. Tebow.

What I see in tebow is hope.

What I see in Orton is futility.

No I'm not an Orton fan, never have been. He has had his chances and continues to fold and make stupid decisions. Orton continues to prove game by game he can't come through.

No I'm not on Tebows jock either. What I did see from him is the will to win and lots of effort. Maybe that's because he's young, I don't know or care. I think he should get his chance too.

Bullgator
09-27-2011, 12:28 AM
I saw what Tebow offered. He makes plays unconventionally and he passes for about 50%, both are not favorable to the pass happy NFL in todays era. If you want him to make plays the way he has been, great, he might get us to 10 wins in a best case scenario, assuming he doesn't get hurt. He is not the kind of QB that is going to win double digits every year for 7+ seasons.

Lets look for that guy!

I dont get to use his college career and the great things he did in his only three starts but you get to use his 50% completion rate in those three games? you smoking crack? you dont get to quote ANY stats cuz you threw out every snap the kid has ever played.

Not to mention the 50% completion rate isnt over a career! its his first three games as a rook! that % is better than 90% of all QB rooks their first three games!

All you haters can feel that noose tightening silk... you can feel the kids going to get his shot and that will be all she wrote. You are so scared that TT will show you up that you dont even want to give him his shot! you just want it to go away... no sir.

Dont be a lil nit... if the 3 games he played is not a good sample size for me to sing his praises then its damn sure not good enough for you to declare him as sucky. Man up, shut up and just watch... you better believe there is going to be a reckoning, one way or the other, there is no avoiding whats coming. Either his homers will eat shit or his haters will... best to stick to your guns and wait and see...... "move on"... ppppssshhhhhhh yea you wish

Bullgator
09-27-2011, 12:33 AM

Lets look for that guy!

and by the way keep dreaming... those QBs dont grow on trees... what you think there is a uber franchise QB isle at wal-mart? You go look for that guy while your franchise is going 4-12 every year buddy... I know DB fans who would kick their pe-paw in the nutts for 10 wins... having said that I do believe that TT is a championship caliber QB. I believe that we have found that QB. You dont... cool but lets SEE!!

Joel
09-27-2011, 12:54 AM
I think some in here have lost some perspective of the situation. The fact are these:

1. Kyle Orton is not good. He folds like a lawn chair in the face of the slightest pressure. He throws a nice ball, but rarely completes anything over ten yards. He is garbage inside the red zone. We all know we can not and will not win with him as QB.

2. TT may or may not be good. He played well in three starts at the end of last season, but apparently had a lousy camp this season. He is a great leader, plays with passion, and no one can say otherwise. We all don't really know what we have, if anything with TT. I for one wouldnt mind knowing.

3. BQ may or may not be good as well. He did look good at times in pre season. He also throws a nice ball. He can extend plays, well anyone can in comparison to Orton. I wouldnt mind knowing what, if anything, he has to offer as well.

OK, so maybe there is a lot more to it than that, but in my mind thats enough for me to say bye bye KO. Why the hell are we holding on to him as our starter. Lets find out what TT, or BQ brings to the table. If they both suck then at least we know and can look toward the draft.

This is not a good team, especially offensively. We all know that this team is not going to sniff a playoff birth. Soooo, like I stated before, why wait? Why not get to it and throw the other two QB's into the mix and see what they can do. We have nothing to lose at this point.

Just the way I see it. I dont understand why so much argument on wether TT, or even BQ are good or not. We KNOW KO is not, so lets move on allready. When they get a shot then you all can argue about how good or how crappy they are. KO has had more than a fair chance to prove he can lead a team and has failed. The proof is in the poodin'.
Well said; this is the crux of the matter for me. I have zero faith in Orton at this point, but THAT is the issue, not how badly Tebows newly arrived fans want him to start.

Quinn came from an NFL style offense and has the years of experience learning playbooks, reading defences and playing NFL games that Tebow lacks; he looks better in NFL practices because he was far better prepared for them and has been in them longer. Unless Quinn's awful we should do exactly what whichever team drafted Tebow was expected to do: Make him a TE, FB or something else where his freakish athleticism will make him a standout player, and his off target backyard 70 yard heaves aren't an issue. If that means losing any Florida fans who have only been here as long as Tebow, so be it.

If, after Quinn's started half a dozen games, he doesn't look any better than he did with his awful Browns teams, THEN we should switch to Tebow because 1) we still need but haven't found a QB who can win games, 2) he IS a QB but 3) still needs experience, game experience being the most valuable hard to get kind and 4) we still need to know whether to draft any of the many good QB prospects in next years draft. Good stats in two losses and a win don't change that; just the last decades history is full of QBs who had great stats until NFL defences had enough game tape on them to know their tendencies and limitations; that's why the "sophomore slump" exists.

Regardless, let's put this "any team that drinks Powerade instead of Gatorade is a bunch of losers" madness behind us once and for all.