PDA

View Full Version : Tebow gives us the best chance to win right now, and I don't give a ***** what he looks like in practice

lgenf
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Title says it all

I don't give two craps about what T2 looks like in practice drills

He looked good enough at the end of last season and in preseason this year, and Orton looks ordinary enough or bad enough at times this season and all of last season that it's not worth debating anymore

That's right, it's not up for debate Orton isn't the answer and Tebow is, it's just that simple

Ravage!!!
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Brilliant

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh let's all post in this one.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
This was a great thread Idea.

dogfish
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6690/423770742b5237b83fd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/423770742b5237b83fd.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Northman
09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
There's no proof that Tebow gives us the best chance to win. But, i wouldnt mind seeing if he can. Either way, you could of posted this in the 100 other threads on the subject.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
It's not up for debate folks

We clearly need playmakers on the field

Our oline gave Orton plenty of time today and he doesn't make plays

Tebow makes plays period.

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
09-25-2011, 07:09 PM
12-21 in 2 years starting tebow 1-2 what is the difference?

Krugan
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
It's not up for debate folks

We clearly need playmakers on the field

Our oline gave Orton plenty of time today and he doesn't make plays

Tebow makes plays period.

It is up for debate.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM
There's no proof that Tebow gives us the best chance to win. But, i wouldnt mind seeing if he can. Either way, you could of posted this in the 100 other threads on the subject.

Yes there is

In the three games last year we were in all of them, including the crappy game at Oakland where the offensive coordinator wouldn't take the shackles off Tebow and let him run the offense like he did in the last two games against the texans and chargers

This year in preseason while running for his life he engineered our only come from behind drive we've had I two years ( except for the come from behind drive he engineered against the texans last year)

I don't care if it was against 2nd or 3rd string, he was playing with that same level of players on offense and still made it happen

He gets the job done, he's proven it in the nfl

Slick
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
I want someone to read my rants and i don't care if i have to start a pointless thread to get what i want.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes there is

In the three games last year we were in all of them, including the crappy game at Oakland where the offensive coordinator wouldn't take the shackles off Tebow and let him run the offense like he did in the last two games against the texans and chargers

This year in preseason while running for his life he engineered our only come from behind drive we've had I two years ( except for the come from behind drive he engineered against the texans last year)

I don't care if it was against 2nd or 3rd string, he was playing with that same level of players on offense and still made it happen

Tebow got progressively worse running a childrens menu sized playbook.

Slick
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
:bandit:

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:16 PM

1-2 with a rookie that never got any time with the first string offense

12-22 with a 7 yr vet

Thats the difference

A rookie with nothing gave us the same winning percentage as a vet with 7 years

The rookie is going to get better the vet has what he has

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:17 PM

Did he win?

Northman
Yes there is

No there's not. While he hasnt played as bad some VERY good QB's after 3 games there are also QB's who played the same as he did and failed miserably.

You mean Tebow caught the league by surprise? Shocker there. So did Derek Anderson one year. Now teams know what to expect from him so no, there is no guarantee he would win games.

just like practice, preseason means squat.

No he hasnt.

Ravage!!!
I love lamp

claymore
1-2 with a rookie that never got any time with the first string offense

12-22 with a 7 yr vet

Thats the difference

A rookie with nothing gave us the same winning percentage as a vet with 7 years

The rookie is going to get better the vet has what he has

The vet was 3-0 his first three games.

BeefStew25
Lug nuts mom.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I want someone to read my rants and i don't care if i have to start a pointless thread to get what i want.

Nope

Tebow actually gives us the best chance

He will run when there is nothing open getting us 4 or 5 yds on those plays or even getting us 2 yds or more on broken plays

Those yds keep us out of 3rd and 8 or 10 and give you better chances at moving the chains, keeping their d on the field and his running threat actually opens up the passing game because you have to account for his running ability or he will run all over you

Orton gives you none of that
Throwing the ball away on 2nd and 8 or 10 is good but makes it 3 and long, Tebow can actually pick up yards if nothing is open

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
I love lamp

LMAO Brick! GTHO of here! ;)

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Oh let's all post in this one.

agreed

If i wanted to see people make pointless rant threads I would go over to broncomania

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:27 PM
The vet was 3-0 his first three games.

No he wasn't

He lost 3 of his first 4 for Chicago

And their only win was over Detroit in those 4 games

SR
09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm eating steak. Take that Tim Tebow.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
No he wasn't

He lost 3 of his first 4 for Chicago

And their only win was over Detroit in those 4 games

Oh I thought we were talking about the Broncos.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
agreed

If i wanted to see people make pointless rant threads I would go over to broncomania

It's not pointless

You folks are just too deadset against T2 to actually see it

And it's not a lame ass meaningless post

It has a point he can win the damn games Orton is giving away

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Lug nut, when is Tebow going to circumcise you?

silkamilkamonico
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I do not want Tebow to start because he might steal a couple wins, preventing us from getting a legitimate franchise QB in Luck or Jones. Tebow will be a great backup and should be used as a package player right now.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Oh I thought we were talking about the Broncos.

Exactly my point

On a team that was so good they went 11-5 because of their defense he was only 1-3 to start that year

And he's proven to be a loser for the broncos with a two year sample size or games

I'm betting with two years of starts Tebow is at least a .500 winner

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
That's not accurate Clay. You have to take into account he opted the Chargers who were the best defense in the NFL last season, he still almost rushed for 100 yards and won the game.

Northman
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
It's not pointless

You folks are just too deadset against T2 to actually see it

And it's not a lame ass meaningless post

It has a point he can win the damn games Orton is giving away

Thanks Miss Cleo, can you give me the winning lotto numbers this week?

Sorry, i dont take any Florida Gator fan seriously. :lol:

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Exactly my point

On a team that was so good they went 11-5 because of their defense he was only 1-3 to start that year

And he's proven to be a loser for the broncos with a two year sample size or games

To bad he is the best we have.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Damn I love cheese cake.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Damn I love cheese cake.

I had a red velvet cake tonight.

silkamilkamonico
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
TT is the type of QB that can keep a team from a range of 6-10/10-6, best case scenario. I would like to see us get a guy that's going to give us double digit wins every year.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Damn I love cheese cake.

Yeah that does sound pretty good....I had 7 cupcakes the other day.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I had a red velvet cake tonight.

I had chili and I have no sweets in the house, and now I want cheese cake. Damn you 'tard.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah that does sound pretty good....I had 7 cupcakes the other day.

My gosh sneakers, we can't have you getting fat. You need to cut back.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I had chili and I have no sweets in the house, and now I want cheese cake. Damn you 'tard.

Ive heard editors were better planners. :coffee:

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Clay's genitalia is showing :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Do you think TT prefers cheesecake, or Red Velvet Cake? What about Michael Vick? I bet he likes cheesecakes because they are the color of his pitbulls. I bet he has eaten his pittbulls before too.

Buff
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
It just occurred to me, Clay probably didn't watch the game today since he rarely does, so it's easier for him to defend Orton.

sneakers
My gosh sneakers, we can't have you getting fat. You need to cut back.

Don't worry I had them all right before bed time...so my body could devote all its energy solely in digesting them.

sneakers
Do you think TT prefers cheesecake, or Red Velvet Cake? What about Michael Vick? I bet he likes cheesecakes because they are the color of his pitbulls. I bet he has eaten his pittbulls before too.

Vick likes Puppy Chow.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Clay's genitalia is showing :coffee:

Lies!

He officially put his Cutler away this summer.

BroncoBJ
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Andrew Luck gives us the best chance to win. According to this forum. So you are wrong. Go back to Florida.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks Miss Cleo, can you give me the winning lotto numbers this week?

Sorry, i dont take any Florida Gator fan seriously. :lol:

I was hoping all the Gator fans would flock to the redskins message boards once Jabbar Gafney was traded.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 07:50 PM
I pee'd in a clean urinal today!:coffee:

I didn't have anything else to add here!

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Go ahead folks thread crap all you want once Tebow gets the starts and wins the tebow fans with thread crap all over this forum

Because you guys will be eating crow instead of cheesecake or cupcakes or anything else you want to mix into this thread

Tebow is going to win games in this league and he gives the broncos the best chance to win this season because of his play making ability

Northman
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Go ahead folks thread crap all you want once Tebow gets the starts and wins the tebow fans with thread crap all over this forum

Because you guys will be eating crow instead of cheesecake or cupcakes or anything else you want to mix into this thread

Tebow is going to win games in this league and he gives the broncos the best chance to win this season because of his play making ability

Harry Potter marathon over eh?

lgenf
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Andrew Luck gives us the best chance to win. According to this forum. So you are wrong. Go back to Florida.

Luck isn't going to be a bronco so crawl back under your sister loven backwards arse state

My location in Florida has nothing to do with me wanting the broncos to win the games that are winnable

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I wonder if a crow would eat cheesecake?

flash3six0
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Orton has concrete blocks on his feet, coke bottle glasses for eyes, and vaseline on his hands....I don't care about the Tebow debate ...but bottom line is WE WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH KYLE. Period

Bugs Baloney
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM

u mad like a little girl...

hey, what makes u think we all hate Tebow? It's not Tebow we hate, it's
pointless threads with rehashed info.

dude, I'm from Gainesville and I don't act like this.

don't cry now.

Northman
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
My location in Florida has nothing to do with me wanting the broncos to win the games that are winnable

Of course not. Gator luv Bitches!

RebelRocker
Title says it all

I don't give two craps about what T2 looks like in practice drills

He looked good enough at the end of last season and in preseason this year, and Orton looks ordinary enough or bad enough at times this season and all of last season that it's not worth debating anymore

That's right, it's not up for debate Orton isn't the answer and Tebow is, it's just that simple

I'm glad you know that you think what's best for this team and apparently, the guys running this team don't know that. We can plug Tebow in, he'll light it up, take us to the super bowl, etc etc. We know. Apparently, he's amazing.:coffee:

sneakers
Luck isn't going to be a bronco so crawl back under your sister loven backwards arse state

Our responses to your thread is nothing personal....but rather a carnal reaction to something that has been discussed over and over every day for 2 years now. I am sure many people would agree that it has gotten pretty nauseating, and thus the snarky responses.

Bugs Baloney
09-25-2011, 07:58 PM

bro, ur sig says otherwise.....

RebelRocker
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Of course not. Gator luv Bitches!

Countdown to us drafting a QB

T-minus 7 months and counting:beer:

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Harry Potter marathon over eh?

Eff you North. I like those movies; I've read the books and I'm perfectly OK with admitting it.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't care if Tebow looks like the 2nd coming of Luke McCown, just get Orton's sorry ass out of our starting lineup. He has contributed largely to both of our losses this year, he sucks, period, end of story.

Get someone else in there, anyone else. Talk Jake Plummer out of retirement, see what JaMurcus the Hut is up to, go bail Ryan Leaf out of jail...

Just get the fainting goat - Statue of SHITTERY off the field. Watching Orton play QB is more painful passing a kidney stone the size of a softball.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Mike Wallace is fast.

That is all.

claymore
09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
It just occurred to me, Clay probably didn't watch the game today since he rarely does, so it's easier for him to defend Orton.

I dont like any of our QB's. Dont mistake that as me being an Orton supporter.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Mike Wallace is fast.

That is all.

Kerry Collins is not. Wallace is a stud.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
I want the team to win and use Tebow when they feel he is ready

But losing these games by Ortons hand is literally killing us

We could and probably should be 3-0 and that means nothing for the season as we r going to get tattoo'd this year by our schedule, but damn we lost those two games because of Orton

Tebow gives us the best chance to win period

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
You know what I want? I want some defensive linemen from the SEC and some linebackers from the Big Ten. That's what I want.

BroncoBJ
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM

:lol: :lol:

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 08:12 PM
You Orton lovers are getting exactly what you deserve. You can't care about this team and support Orton. You're a wine and cheese eating fan who's lazy attitude has let this once proud franchise tumble into the toilet.

Back in the day, if we had an Orton on the team, everyone going to the game would bring dog feces to dump on the coaches head when he ran out of the tunnel. These days you'll discuss cupcakes like little girls playing tea. The acceptance of a sub par performance week after week by a lazy fan base assures you'll be discussing cupcakes long into the future.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:19 PM
You Orton lovers are getting exactly what you deserve. You can't care about this team and support Orton. You're a wine and cheese eating fan who's lazy attitude has let this once proud franchise tumble into the toilet.

Back in the day, if we had an Orton on the team, everyone going to the game would bring dog feces to dump on the coaches head when he ran out of the tunnel. These days you'll discuss cupcakes like little girls playing tea. The acceptance of a sub par performance week after week by a lazy fan base assures you'll be discussing cupcakes long into the future.

So, who is an Orton lover again?

Back in the day, people slung dog shit at the coach? Really? As somewhat of an historian, I'm pretty sure no one has slung dog shit at the coach of the Denver Broncos, even when this franchise was worse (much worse) than it is now.

What a classless suggestion.

I support the quarterback every week, no matter who it is. I may not think he should start or that he shouldn't be replaced by the end of the day, but at least I'm not seriously throwing the idea out there to throw dog shit at them.

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
This thread is golden.

I want Quinn starting, and I dont like him either.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
You won't see a QB change going into Lambaeau. You might see one during the game but unlikely. Packers, Chargers, bye week.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
You won't see a QB change going into Lambaeau. You might see one during the game but unlikely. Packers, Chargers, bye week.

I decided not to go to this game....I would be bored to death.

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't believe in blind love. You've confused orange colored glasses with common sense and you seem to have lost all ability to judge talent on any level.

I'm not a historian, but I recall trying to trade our 4-12 QB and not getting any offers. Somehow you see this as a vote of confidence for Orton, it is not.

You wine and cheese crowd need to worry less about 'staying classy' and worry more about the fact this team remains a total joke to the rest of the NFL even after J McD is long gone.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes there is

So we haven't been in every game so far this year?

Buff
09-25-2011, 08:29 PM
I dont like any of our QB's. Dont mistake that as me being an Orton supporter.

I get that... And along those same lines, I don't consider myself a Tebow fan just because I want him to start over the perpetually lifeless and ineffective Orton.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM

But it probably does have sumthin to do w/ your slightly biased take on tebow's ability to win in the NFL. Huh Gator Luv?

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Fan location has nothing to do with the fact that Kyle Orton sucks.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
But losing these games by Ortons hand is literally killing us

Do you know what the word "literally" means?

If you do, you won't be able to respond...because you are already dead.

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:37 PM

Ziiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg! :laugh:

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Let's see

Killing the fan base
Killing the teams spirit
Killing our chances of the playoffs

Yep typed it exactly how I wanted English professor

Krugan
09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
So is there like a time when all this killing is going to happen?

Ive got plans for the next week, and really would like to finish up a couple projects:/

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
let's see

killing the fan base
killing the teams spirit
killing our chances of the playoffs

yep typed it exactly how i wanted english professor

wow

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
You know what I want? I want some defensive linemen from the SEC and some linebackers from the Big Ten. That's what I want.

I want a QB from the Pac12

BroncoJoe
LOL

lgenf
But it probably does have sumthin to do w/ your slightly biased take on tebow's ability to win in the NFL. Huh Gator Luv?

Nope

Watched the three games at the end of last year and the preseason this year
Along with all the other games last year with Orton at the helm

Tebow gives us the best chance to win

The fact that I am a gator and he did well for my team just reinforces my opinion

But it's based on his performances on the NFL field not his college ones

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Would Gator Luv be happy if we traded for Rex Grossman?

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
In review: Tebow coming out of Florida was as big a deal as Elway coming out of Stanford.

Bye.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Nope

Watched the three games at the end of last year and the preseason this year
Along with all the other games last year with Orton at the helm

Tebow gives us the best chance to win

The fact that I am a gator and he did well for my team just reinforces my opinion

But it's based on his performances on the NFL field not his college ones

I wonder if you could find Denver on a map...

We're having a tailgate on Dec. 11. You should come.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM

Nope cause I don't think he is a playmaker either

sneakers
09-25-2011, 08:48 PM

Do you have a backup plan in case of inclement weather?

BroncoStud

I'd take Grossman over Orton, in a second, apparently so would Shanahan.

lgenf

Yep in fact I drove right by the stadium in 96 when I was driving to my duty station in ft Lewis WA coming from FL

It was beautiful to see right there off the freeway

SmilinAssasSin27

Where you from? Florida?

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Do you have a backup plan in case of inclement weather?

No need.

We are like mailmen.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Where you from? Florida?

No, I live in Oklahoma City.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
You don't have to be from Florida to see that Orton sucks ass.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
You don't have to be from Florida to see that Orton sucks ass.

I thought this was a pro-Tebow thread. If it were solely anti-Orton, someone might be making an argument for Brady Quinn.

BroncoTech
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Great idea since we already have Grossman's back up on the roster.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
For the record...I am completely impartial at this point. I see where the coach feels Orton is the best option at this point. I also see that it apparently won't lead us anywhere meaningful. But we are in these games.

I see where Tebow is an on the field winner, regardless of his mechanics. He was 1-2 last year, but looked good enough to at least get a chance.

And my daughter's name is Quinn so I think it'd be really cool to have an excuse to buy her a Brady Quinn jersey.

spikerman
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Cool! I plan to be at that game. :D

Locnar
09-25-2011, 09:07 PM
At least last year's last three games I was excited to watch my team play.. So I'll give Tebow that much.

SR
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
I just called Kyle Orton and invited him over for some cheap rum and Coke.

claymore
09-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Id trade 4-5 former #1 picks for Grossman. :harf:

Skacorica
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM

You're so smart with your metaphors!

Npba900
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Nope

Tebow actually gives us the best chance

He will run when there is nothing open getting us 4 or 5 yds on those plays or even getting us 2 yds or more on broken plays

Those yds keep us out of 3rd and 8 or 10 and give you better chances at moving the chains, keeping their d on the field and his running threat actually opens up the passing game because you have to account for his running ability or he will run all over you

Orton gives you none of that
Throwing the ball away on 2nd and 8 or 10 is good but makes it 3 and long, Tebow can actually pick up yards if nothing is open

Meh! Teams will take away what Tebow does best and make him play from behind center and from the "POCKET"! What happens then? Tebow takes off running behaving like fullback.....and setting himself up for injuries and concussions, etc.,. Do we really want the entire NFL-Teams to see just how raw and mechanically unsound Tebow is right now? I think not.

DC in the NFL will force Tebow to play from the pocket and in so doing so will exploit his passing inefficiencies. Face it.....Tebow is RAW and is not ready to start in the NFL!

Now if you want to throw Tebow into the starting job and allow him to "draw up plays in the sand" or go with his first instinct and take of running opening himself up for injuries, or take un-necessary sacks b/c he can't read defenses or check down, or throw inaccurate/inconsistent passes and possible getting our receivers hurt.......Then sure start Tebow AT ONCE!!!

SR
09-25-2011, 09:17 PM

He's right...

nevcraw
09-25-2011, 09:18 PM
I'll take vern troyer over Orton at this point.. zero cnfidence in his winning any game

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM

That's not a metaphor. Good luck with the English degree.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Meh! Teams will take away what Tebow does best and make him play from behind center and from the "POCKET"! What happens then? Tebow takes off running behaving like fullback.....and setting himself up for injuries and concussions, etc.,. Do we really want the entire NFL-Teams to see just how raw and mechanically unsound Tebow is right now? I think not.

DC in the NFL will force Tebow to play from the pocket and in so doing so will exploit his passing inefficiencies. Face it.....Tebow is RAW and is not ready to start in the NFL!

Now if you want to throw Tebow into the starting job and allow him to "draw up plays in the sand" or go with his first instinct and take of running opening himself up for injuries, or take un-necessary sacks b/c he can't read defenses or check down, or throw inaccurate/inconsistent passes and possible getting our receivers hurt.......Then sure start Tebow AT ONCE!!!

No they won't

They will try, but that is why you have 10 other guys on the field t2 doesn't do it all himself, he just offers more options than Orton does

Did you watch preseason at all?

T2 has learned to slide, get out of bounds, throw the ball away all the while still making plays on offense

Raw or not he's still our best chance to win now, the FO has blown that statement now with Orton

We lost two game because of him and just hung on against cincy in spite of him

SR
09-25-2011, 09:41 PM
No they won't

They will try, but that is why you have 10 other guys on the field t2 doesn't do it all himself, he just offers more options than Orton does

Did you watch preseason at all?

T2 has learned to slide, get out of bounds, throw the ball away all the while still making plays on offense

Raw or not he's still our best chance to win now, the FO has blown that statement now with Orton

We lost two game because of him and just hung on against cincy in spite of him

Npba is an artard. Ignore him.

SR
09-25-2011, 09:42 PM

At least he spelled metaphor right...

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Curtis Painter looks like a homo.

SR
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
His hair is really, really blonde. I'd hit it.

claymore
09-25-2011, 09:58 PM

That was going to be my comeback. You beat me,.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Anna paquins boobs dont count as real boobs.

Gatorhorse
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
T2 brings something to the game Orton can't... a desire to kick the snot outta the other guys.

He's got the skill to do so. He had the highest QB rating for rookies his first year in the league. He's scored more with less opportunity, and can do it on the ground or in the air.

If you look at the old vids of Elway, he looks like Elway in his style in the early years just 20lbs heavier. It took Elway a while to learn the game, including a 30 point schalacking by the Redskins in teh superbowl. what? 6 years later he's winning superbowls like a kid eats candy. Same side arm release...same inability to see the field of play clear (just yet).

Either use him or trade him, I wonder what team politics are behind him sitting the bench while milktoast Orton continues to choke his way through another season.

wake up and smell the coffee people, T2 is a winner, time to play him. Oh and if hes having trouble remember the play book ...dump your ego coach, simplify the playbook and let the boy tear the NFL to pieces just like he did the collegiant level. Doesnt matter what the other team thinks your doing as long as your team is doing it well.

He's a horse. A stud. A winner. Time for the Broncos to be a winner too.

A coach once told me, "boy, there aint no U for Ugly in the win column".

gitrdun

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
T2 brings something to the game Orton can't... a desire to kick the snot outta the other guys.

He's got the skill to do so. He had the highest QB rating for rookies his first year in the league. He's scored more with less opportunity, and can do it on the ground or in the air.

If you look at the old vids of Elway, he looks like Elway in his style in the early years just 20lbs heavier. It took Elway a while to learn the game, including a 30 point schalacking by the Redskins in teh superbowl. what? 6 years later he's winning superbowls like a kid eats candy. Same side arm release...same inability to see the field of play clear (just yet).

Either use him or trade him, I wonder what team politics are behind him sitting the bench while milktoast Orton continues to choke his way through another season.

wake up and smell the coffee people, T2 is a winner, time to play him. Oh and if hes having trouble remember the play book ...dump your ego coach, simplify the playbook and let the boy tear the NFL to pieces just like he did the collegiant level. Doesnt matter what the other team thinks your doing as long as your team is doing it well.

gitrdun

Great. Now Igenf***nut is running down to the school library to post under another handle, then running back home to moms computer to rant there as well.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I'll take vern troyer over Orton at this point.. zero cnfidence in his winning any game

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ivO7dH1yGog/TM6bl8Ny_tI/AAAAAAAAAAs/D_m1w8NQCOc/s1600/Tom+Brady+Flag+Football+Match+Kicks+Off+2010+KnkIk F8tT93l.jpg

Sign him now!!

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 11:34 AM

sample size? rookie vs 7 yr vet?

The Glue Factory
09-26-2011, 12:17 PM

All kinds of fail in that paragraph. By the time Elway was going to the SB he had learned the game. The problem with the first three SB for Elway was that he had absolutely no talent around him (including the head fracking coach!)

Once again for all the Gator converts...
You guys and gals just do not understand the NFL. You understand Tebow and expect the NFL to conform to him. Guess what? Ain't gonna happen! The talent at the NFL level is light years beyond the SEC/college level. You do not know how many times some college hotshot comes out of college, tearing up the league for 8 to 16 games and then is never heard from again. Why?

If you understand the NFL you'll be able to answer that without even thinking. So let's hear your reason why that happens so much in the NFL.

shank
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
milktoast

I Eat Staples
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Well you can get half credit for that at least.

bcbronc
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM
This whole Tebow situation reminds me a bit of a QB that came out of Vanderbilt a few years ago...can't recall his name, but he had a stronger arm than Elway, and that strong arm coupled with a Vandy program that was often overmatched in the trenches, this QB with all thew physical tools developed some bad habits like throwing off his back foot and forcing bvalls into double and triple coverage.

What this QB needed was a year or two on the bench so he could retrain himself out of the bad habits he'd picked up due to his overdependence on his gawd given physical ability, but the regime at the time--maybe feeling a tad desperate--rushed this young, talneted QB. Today, watch said QB and you see all the same mistakes he made as a rookie, and its looking like it has nipped a promising career in the bud. Sure, like a Rex Grossman, he can ride a strong defense to a playoff win here and there, but when the chips are down and his team needs him, this strong-armed QB tends to fall back to his bad habits.

This is what Tebow's so-called fans want to happen to T2. Instead of giving Timmy the time he needs to develop (gasp! Develop a draft pick?? Wtf!!) They'd rather rush him into a situation he's not ready to succeed in. They think because Tebow's gawd given physical attributes could bowl through boys, the same will happen against some of the most physically gifted men on the planet. Fans of the NFL understand a powerback at QB has no chance of surviving, never mind thriving. Yet they insist on thrusting their hero into the jaws of failure, ready or not.

I guess for them, its an easy risk to take. In a year or two, they'll have a new Gator hero to worship, and still have thbeir Tebow memories if he's rushed and fails as a result. It will be us true Bronco fans, the ones here before Tebow and the ones not going anywhere regardless of what happens with T2, that will have suffered seeing a wasted 1st round pick and more losing seasons. And the FO will likely end up paying with their jobs and tarnished reputations. And Gator fans will have crawled back to their swamp, tuning in to T2 doing pregame analysis Saturday mornings.

People with nothing invested in this franchise should **** for a year or two and let their hero develop. If you really are now fans of the Denver Broncos, you'll recognize this is what's best for the franchise, both short and long term.

Northman
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM
This whole Tebow situation reminds me a bit of a QB that came out of Vanderbilt a few years ago...can't recall his name, but he had a stronger arm than Elway, and that strong arm coupled with a Vandy program that was often overmatched in the trenches, this QB with all thew physical tools developed some bad habits like throwing off his back foot and forcing bvalls into double and triple coverage.

What this QB needed was a year or two on the bench so he could retrain himself out of the bad habits he'd picked up due to his overdependence on his gawd given physical ability, but the regime at the time--maybe feeling a tad desperate--rushed this young, talneted QB. Today, watch said QB and you see all the same mistakes he made as a rookie, and its looking like it has nipped a promising career in the bud. Sure, like a Rex Grossman, he can ride a strong defense to a playoff win here and there, but when the chips are down and his team needs him, this strong-armed QB tends to fall back to his bad habits.

This is what Tebow's so-called fans want to happen to T2. Instead of giving Timmy the time he needs to develop (gasp! Develop a draft pick?? Wtf!!) They'd rather rush him into a situation he's not ready to succeed in. They think because Tebow's gawd given physical attributes could bowl through boys, the same will happen against some of the most physically gifted men on the planet. Fans of the NFL understand a powerback at QB has no chance of surviving, never mind thriving. Yet they insist on thrusting their hero into the jaws of failure, ready or not.

I guess for them, its an easy risk to take. In a year or two, they'll have a new Gator hero to worship, and still have thbeir Tebow memories if he's rushed and fails as a result. It will be us true Bronco fans, the ones here before Tebow and the ones not going anywhere regardless of what happens with T2, that will have suffered seeing a wasted 1st round pick and more losing seasons. And the FO will likely end up paying with their jobs and tarnished reputations. And Gator fans will have crawled back to their swamp, tuning in to T2 doing pregame analysis Saturday mornings.

People with nothing invested in this franchise should **** for a year or two and let their hero develop. If you really are now fans of the Denver Broncos, you'll recognize this is what's best for the franchise, both short and long term.

Imagine how great John Elway would have been had he sat for 2 years.....wait....

Imagine how great Peyton Manning would of been had he sat a couple of years.....wait no.....

Ok, imagine how great Tom Brady would of been had he sat.......uh no, thats not what i mean....

I know that Joe Montana would of been awesome had he sat a couple of years first.......wait.....dammit!

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Imagine how great John Elway would have been had he sat for 2 years.....wait....

Imagine how great Peyton Manning would of been had he sat a couple of years.....wait no.....

Ok, imagine how great Tom Brady would of been had he sat.......uh no, thats not what i mean....

I know that Joe Montana would of been awesome had he sat a couple of years first.......wait.....dammit!

Tebow said he prefers a young QB to sit a year or two before being thrown in. He thinks he can wreck their confidence. He said it today on the Monday radio show....around the 2 min on part 2.

Gatorhorse
09-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Lol i've been trolloled, moms computer eh? The fact remains no matter who I might be, wether I'm that kid you think I am or an old man who watched Elway at Stanford, and can remember being amazed at his size and strength. I felt bad for him when my Redskins and Doug Williams blew him up back in the day (Doug set records for passing in superbowls that day, and was out of a job the next year). But all this is for another discussion one day I suppose.

Go look at the early video of John Elway, look at his mechanics, then look at T2, you will be shocked at how similar what your seeing is. Then get back to me.

BTW, T2s QB rating is currently higher than Elways lifetime.

Then thiers that intangible, one most important when it comes to life and the game, the desire no matter what pain, loss, or whatever happens to you, to win.

Heart is something alot of todays players don't have.

Coach said "The sign of a true champion is not how you respond when your winning, but how you respond when your losing".

sneakers
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Lol i've been trolloled, moms computer eh? The fact remains no matter who I might be, wether I'm that kid you think I am or an old man who watched Elway at Stanford, and can remember being amazed at his size and strength. I felt bad for him when my Redskins and Doug Williams blew him up back in the day (Doug set records for passing in superbowls that day, and was out of a job the next year). But all this is for another discussion one day I suppose.

Go look at the early video of John Elway, look at his mechanics, then look at T2, you will be shocked at how similar what your seeing is. Then get back to me.

Then thiers that intangible, one most important when it comes to life and the game, the desire no matter what pain, loss, or whatever happens to you, to win.

Heart is something alot of todays players don't have.

Coach said "The sign of a true champion is not how you respond when your winning, but how you respond when your losing".

I would respond with a "cool story bro"...but i am not that mean. :D

Joel
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM

Montana started 1 game his rookie year, still one more than Brady, and only started 7 his second year. I also can't remember anyone saying, "he'll need a LOT of work before he can play QB in the NFL, and will probably wind up a great TE," when Montana, Elway and Manning entered the League. I LOATHE the school where Quinn played, but their QBs know how to run an NFL style offense, and that's who'd I'd rather see right now.

Seriously? He's thrown 82 passes; last I checked (which was 20 years ago) you need about 3X that to qualify for the season passing title.

Northman
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Montana started 1 game his rookie year, still one more than Brady, and only started 7 his second year. I also can't remember anyone saying, "he'll need a LOT of work before he can play QB in the NFL, and will probably wind up a great TE," when Montana, Elway and Manning entered the League. I LOATHE the school where Quinn played, but their QBs know how to run an NFL style offense, and that's who'd I'd rather see right now.

Montana also said Tebow will be fine. :beer:

Problem is, Quinn has had more gametime experience and still cant beat out Tebow by a large margin.

bcbronc
09-27-2011, 12:49 AM

lol, quality post North! :beer:

of the two that actually did start as rookies, you're talking about arguably the two greatest QBs ever to play the game, and without doubt top 5-10 on everyone's list. So yeah, they were ready for starting.

How about all the other QBs that had tons of talent, but were rushed into a starting role before they were ready? Do you think Ryan Leaf might have benefited from some seasoning on the bench? Alex Smith? Brady Quinn? The list of QB busts who might have benefited with a season or two on the bench is probably a lot longer than the list of QB busts who were hurt by sitting for a year or two.

Did time on the bench help or hinder Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young? Phillip Rivers?

But yeah, Elway and Manning, arguably the two most pro-ready QBs out of college in the modern era, they started as rookies so obviously Tim Tebow is ready now. Not exactly sound logic, but what-evs.

Joel
09-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Montana also said Tebow will be fine. :beer:

Problem is, Quinn has had more gametime experience and still cant beat out Tebow by a large margin.
One great player who's never, to my knowledge, held a coaching or scouting position. The REAL problem with Tebow is that Quinn DOES beat him out with everyone at every level of the team. Honestly, some people act like the whole team KNOWS Tebow will do great in games but refuses to start him and insists on losing just to spite fans.

Northman
09-27-2011, 08:26 AM
lol, quality post North! :beer:

Of course, its me we are talking about. ;)

of the two that actually did start as rookies, you're talking about arguably the two greatest QBs ever to play the game, and without doubt top 5-10 on everyone's list. So yeah, they were ready for starting.

Indeed.

How about all the other QBs that had tons of talent, but were rushed into a starting role before they were ready? Do you think Ryan Leaf might have benefited from some seasoning on the bench?

I think that when it comes to QB's who are either going to succeed or not it really doesnt matter if they sit. I think that its total hogwash when it comes to whether or not they need to sit at all. When i look at a NFL calibur Qb you either have it or you dont. Leaf i dont think was ever going to be a great QB even though i thought he might be coming out of college.

Alex Smith? Brady Quinn? The list of QB busts who might have benefited with a season or two on the bench is probably a lot longer than the list of QB busts who were hurt by sitting for a year or two.

Again, i dont think these guys will ever amount to anything. Sitting them to me will not improve that.

Did time on the bench help or hinder Aaron Rodgers? Steve Young? Phillip Rivers?

Look who they sat behind, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Drew Brees. Its one thing to have a legit QB to learn from as opposed to a guy like Kyle Orton.

But yeah, Elway and Manning, arguably the two most pro-ready QBs out of college in the modern era, they started as rookies so obviously Tim Tebow is ready now. Not exactly sound logic, but what-evs.

I never said Tebow was ready now, only pointing out that QB's who have succeeded in the NFL did not sit. Sure, you can always find an average QB who will win you a few games here and there but the one's who are FQB are the ones who get into the fire early and often.

Northman
09-27-2011, 08:27 AM
The REAL problem with Tebow is that Quinn DOES beat him out with everyone at every level of the team.

This is just flat out incorrect but your entitled to your opinion. Does he have an edge over Tebow? Sure, he should considering he is in his what? 4th year yet he cant unseat Orton? lol

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Seriously? He's thrown 82 passes; last I checked (which was 20 years ago) you need about 3X that to qualify for the season passing title.

Considering how late in the draft Montana and Brady were taken, apparently people didn't think they could play QB either....

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Reeves actually confessed that Elway was thrown in too early. He recognized that Elway was memorizing things instead of learning them. Elway was benched for a couple weeks then returned. Still didn't do great but at least he wasn't going by rote on game day either.

Thnikkaman
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Exactly my point

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Northman
09-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Reeves actually confessed that Elway was thrown in too early. He recognized that Elway was memorizing things instead of learning them. Elway was benched for a couple weeks then returned. Still didn't do great but at least he wasn't going by rote on game day either.

But it really doesnt matter if Reeves OR Elway thought he was thrown in early. The fact remains he still turned out to be a great QB because thats who he is. Great players face adversity all the time. No one is saying that they arent going to struggle early in their careers. All those guys had their issues but in the end they were just fine. Sitting Elway wouldnt of changed of whether or not he would be a great QB.

Ravage!!!
09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
But it really doesnt matter if Reeves OR Elway thought he was thrown in early. The fact remains he still turned out to be a great QB because thats who he is. Great players face adversity all the time. No one is saying that they arent going to struggle early in their careers. All those guys had their issues but in the end they were just fine. Sitting Elway wouldnt of changed of whether or not he would be a great QB.

Great post... :beer:

WIFan
09-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I agree. I even went as far as putting up a website about it: www.benchkyleorton.com

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I agree. I even went as far as putting up a website about it: www.benchkyleorton.com

I went to your website and I disagree with your welcoming statement...

Orton sucks...I want him out because he blows, not just because the team isn't going anywhere.

Joel
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
This is just flat out incorrect but your entitled to your opinion. Does he have an edge over Tebow? Sure, he should considering he is in his what? 4th year yet he cant unseat Orton? lol
A miss is as good as a mile here; I doubt you can find one person in the Broncos organization (i.e. the only people whose opinions can actually affect anything) who thinks Tebow is a better NFL QB than Quinn right now. Maybe Tebow would be better than Quinn with a LOT of work, but right now, today, he isn't.

Considering how late in the draft Montana and Brady were taken, apparently people didn't think they could play QB either....
Montana wasn't taken THAT late (3rd round, 82nd overall pick,) and back then QBs weren't considered such an end all, be all, that coaches offered their daughters virginity as a signing bonus. :rolleyes: Brady's definitely an exception, I'll grant, but he's just that: An aberrant exception to a much broader rule. It's easy to forget the flame outs and busts because all but the most infamous are so forgettable.

It's irrational to pass over a more experienced player who's better in EVERY MEASURABLE WAY for one "your gut" tells you is inexplicably better. Take an antacid and think with the organ designed for it.

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Sitting Elway at the beginning would have helped but he didn't need a year or two either. OTOH Elway was accustomed to playing NFL style football. Tebow isn't, which is his biggest weakness. I would love to see him hire someone in the offseason to coach him in taking 3, 5 and 7 step drops rather than working on that by himself.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 10:11 AM
A miss is as good as a mile here; I doubt you can find one person in the Broncos organization (i.e. the only people whose opinions can actually affect anything) who thinks Tebow is a better NFL QB than Quinn right now. Maybe Tebow would be better than Quinn with a LOT of work, but right now, today, he isn't.

Montana wasn't taken THAT late (3rd round, 82nd overall pick,) and back then QBs weren't considered such an end all, be all, that coaches offered their daughters virginity as a signing bonus. :rolleyes: Brady's definitely an exception, I'll grant, but he's just that: An aberrant exception to a much broader rule. It's easy to forget the flame outs and busts because all but the most infamous are so forgettable.

It's irrational to pass over a more experienced player who's better in EVERY MEASURABLE WAY for one "your gut" tells you is inexplicably better. Take an antacid and think with the organ designed for it.

He's not better in every measurable way...not even close.

The perception is that Orton is an accurate passer...Numbers show otherwise.

Another perception is that Orton does a good job protecting the ball...He doesn't turn the ball over at an Eli Manning rate, but he does seem to turn the ball over at the most inopportune times. And its not just INT's, its fumbles as well.

I really struggle to find anything that Orton excels at...I guess if you want to throw in practice and 7 on 7 drills I'll give you that.

Tebow's sample size of games is too small to really compare, but in what action he saw he never scored less than 21 points which is the most valuable measurable IMO.

Npba900
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Npba is an artard. Ignore him.

Meh! Get over yourself O'Bright One! Its just an opinion. But hey if you and your ilk want to CROWN Timmy as the starter....THEN CROWN HIM!:D

Oh by the way....."It takes a Tard-To-Know-a-TARD"!!

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM

I agree. I did a poor job of making my point that even Elway would have benefitted from sitting but he didn't need to sit a whole year. Since Elway was comfortable taking snaps from under center he was light years ahead of Tebow's ability to take the reigns.

What I see in Tebow is the same ability to lift the team onto his shoulders and do incredible things like bring a team from 17 down in the 4th to win. Given that leadership ability, he's just not ready for prime time. The one single thing he could do to get there would be to hire a personal coach during the offseason to train him in taking 3, 5 & 7 step drops and do so 40 or 60 hours a week for the months of March through June.

Northman
09-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree. I did a poor job of making my point that even Elway would have benefitted from sitting but he didn't need to sit a whole year. Since Elway was comfortable taking snaps from under center he was light years ahead of Tebow's ability to take the reigns.

Was Elway more NFL ready? Of course, that hasnt been denied. However, given what Tebow has done in his first 3 starts shows me that while he needs work he isnt nearly as behind as some would like to believe. While the ultimate decision is on the Broncos organization i dont hold their opinions as gospel because even they can be wrong. I dont know in the long run if Tebow will succeed or fail but i dont think sitting him is going to make or break him. I find that philosophy majorly flawed.

What I see in Tebow is the same ability to lift the team onto his shoulders and do incredible things like bring a team from 17 down in the 4th to win. Given that leadership ability, he's just not ready for prime time. The one single thing he could do to get there would be to hire a personal coach during the offseason to train him in taking 3, 5 & 7 step drops and do so 40 or 60 hours a week for the months of March through June.

Sure, he could do that. It would also be nice if we didnt change coaches every year that he's been here either. You have to remember the circumstances that Tebow has been under if vastly different than the other young QB's in the league right now. There is no consistency at the coaching level for Tebow to even keep track of whats going on.

Northman
09-27-2011, 11:59 AM

Interesting.

After their first 3 starts this is their stats. Keep in mind that Brady Quinn was touted as a first round talent while Tebow was not yet Tebow has performed better. Also keep in mind that Quinn had a much more stable coaching staff in place and yet still didnt perform better than Tebow here.

T.Tebow:
651 yds, 4 passing TDs, 3 Rushing TDs, 3 Ints

Brady Quinn:
629 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int

You say that Quinn is that much better than Tebow but yet Quinn has 9 more actual starts in the NFL and hasnt unseated Orton and is considered a co-#2 with Tebow.

The sad thing is im not even a Tebow fan but know he isnt as bad as some paint him to be. At least not after 3 games. Considering the experience that Quinn has on Tebow he should be MILES ahead of Tebow which he is not. The fact that Quinn was a bonafide first round projection and hasnt beat out Orton says a lot. He just isnt that good and certainly not better than Tebow.

Joel
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
MY comic: No stealy. :tongue:

He's not better in every measurable way...not even close.

The perception is that Orton is an accurate passer...Numbers show otherwise.

Another perception is that Orton does a good job protecting the ball...He doesn't turn the ball over at an Eli Manning rate, but he does seem to turn the ball over at the most inopportune times. And its not just INT's, its fumbles as well.

I really struggle to find anything that Orton excels at...I guess if you want to throw in practice and 7 on 7 drills I'll give you that.

Tebow's sample size of games is too small to really compare, but in what action he saw he never scored less than 21 points which is the most valuable measurable IMO.
Tebows regular season starts ARE too small to compare, by a fair margin, leaving pre-season and practice; Tebow has done so well in those that he has yet to beat out Quinn, let alone Orton.

Nomad
09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
FEAR THE TEBOW!:werd:

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Tebows regular season starts ARE too small to compare, by a fair margin, leaving pre-season and practice; Tebow has done so well in those that he has yet to beat out Quinn, let alone Orton.

Well the sample size for practice is even smaller considering Orton worked with the # 1's from day 1 and Tebow worked with waiver wire fodder....

Neither is a fair comparison IMO...But I figured you would value practice over real game action since the latter does not mesh well with your opinion.

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Given that Tebow himself has commented that in order to pass well you have to have a good "base." Base being defined as feet, legs and hips in a position to allow for a good throw. Added is Tebow's admission that he worked on taking 3/5/7 step drops in the off-season shows he knows he needs to improve in that area.

While he did well in his first three starts I'm a little more dubious whether he'll do so well now that there's some film on him. If he were to start in the next few weeks, I'm willing to bet that as the season wears on and more film accumulates Tebow's performance will decline steadily.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Given that Tebow himself has commented that in order to pass well you have to have a good "base." Base being defined as feet, legs and hips in a position to allow for a good throw. Added is Tebow's admission that he worked on taking 3/5/7 step drops in the off-season shows he knows he needs to improve in that area.

While he did well in his first three starts I'm a little more dubious whether he'll do so well now that there's some film on him. If he were to start in the next few weeks, I'm willing to bet that as the season wears on and more film accumulates Tebow's performance will decline steadily.

You can coach mechanics. I dont think film on him will mattter, since he improvises a lot on plays. In preseason game 4 he stayed in the pocket longer and made he progressions, he did not tuck and run as much. But his strength (besides hiss legs) is making plays on the move out of pocket. You can get film on it but it will change every time. If just has the unpredictable aspect to him. If he can work on staying in pocket longer and show he is not a 1 read, tuck and run. He will be hard to diagnose on film because you have to plan on throw and run on all plays. I hope he does not run a lot but if he does he better keep going out of bounds.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Possibly, but that remains to be seen....

Tebow does have a knack for extending plays which is very hard to gameplan for.

Roethlisberger has made a living doing this. He's pretty mediocre as a straight up passer, you take away his ability to improvise and he's a subpar QB.

DC's still haven't figured out how to stop the rapist week to week because you just can't gameplan for his brute strength and ability to shake off defenders...Tebow has this same inate ability (to shake off defenders, not to rape women).

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
You can coach mechanics. I dont think film on him will mattter, since he improvises a lot on plays. In preseason game 4 he stayed in the pocket longer and made he progressions, he did not tuck and run as much. But his strength (besides hiss legs) is making plays on the move out of pocket. You can get film on it but it will change every time. If just has the unpredictable aspect to him. If he can work on staying in pocket longer and show he is not a 1 read, tuck and run. He will be hard to diagnose on film because you have to plan on throw and run on all plays. I hope he does not run a lot but if he does he better keep going out of bounds.

haha you beat me to it...I made almost the exact same point.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
haha you beat me to it...I made almost the exact same point.

great minds think alike. :beer:

Thnikkaman
09-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Randall Munroe, is that you????

MOtorboat
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Hopefully, this won't be considered trolling, but I found this extremely funny:

benchkyleorton.com/Curse%20of%20The%20Snake.html

lol

fvkw
09-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I know 1 thing, that this is still just a game, And it appears that Tebow LOVES to PLAY the game, and was quite a good, winning QB in the NCAA ! "He plays to win the game"!!!

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Don't get me wrong. I want him to start but things could look real ugly while he gets his legs under him (pardon the pun.)

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 01:00 PM
I know 1 thing, that this is still just a game, And it appears that Tebow LOVES to PLAY the game, and was quite a good, winning QB in the NCAA ! "He plays to win the game"!!!

lloyd said that Tebow tries 110% on every play, you wont see him go down to avoid getting hit, or throw ball away unless he is on the way to the ground, he will fight off defenders every play.

That is fun to watch unless he runs around from 1 side of field to another and get 3 holding calls in 1 play. :lol:

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Don't get me wrong. I want him to start but things could look real ugly while he gets his legs under him (pardon the pun.)

I would prefer him but I would be happy with Quinn getting a shot too. Elway is a fan of sitting all young QBs a year or two and I think that he what he is doing with Tebow, giving him as much coaching as possible prior to throwing him in the game. Elaway talked about it yesterday on the Elway Show. He doesn't think a young player should go in too early because they can lose their confidence and end up a bust like many other top drafted QBs.

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM
lloyd said that Tebow tries 110% on every play, you wont see him go down to avoid getting hit, or throw ball away unless he is on the way to the ground, he will fight off defenders every play.

That is fun to watch unless he runs around from 1 side of field to another and get 3 holding calls in 1 play. :lol:

Fortunately, it'd still only be 1 ten yard mark off. :laugh:

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I would prefer him but I would be happy with Quinn getting a shot too. Elway is a fan of sitting all young QBs a year or two and I think that he what he is doing with Tebow, giving him as much coaching as possible prior to throwing him in the game. Elaway talked about it yesterday on the Elway Show. He doesn't think a young player should go in too early because they can lose their confidence and end up a bust like many other top drafted QBs.

Given Elway's first season, I can't blame him that decision. What he went through was insane and I wouldn't doubt that his confidence was just about destroyed by going in too early.

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Given Elway's first season, I can't blame him that decision. What he went through was insane and I wouldn't doubt that his confidence was just about destroyed by going in too early.

Luckily for Tebow, Orton has set the bar so low that anyone would be welcomed at the QB spot now. The situations are very different. Elway faced the same "save this franchise hero" God-worship that Andrew Luck will face next year. Tebow just needs to be ADEQUATE but exciting and the fans will treat him with cheers.

Orton has done the next QB a great service. Because the next time people consider booing the next QB, if it happens, all they have to do is think back to watching 3 years of crap QB play from Kyle.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Luckily for Tebow, Orton has set the bar so low that anyone would be welcomed at the QB spot now. The situations are very different. Elway faced the same "save this franchise hero" God-worship that Andrew Luck will face next year. Tebow just needs to be ADEQUATE but exciting and the fans will treat him with cheers.

Orton has done the next QB a great service. Because the next time people consider booing the next QB, if it happens, all they have to do is think back to watching 3 years of crap QB play from Kyle.

We wont be in the running for Luck IMO.....NFL.com confirmed it too :D

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM

Granted Orton's meddling mediocrity is mind-numbing in it's monumental malevolence. But I still think that the next QB will be hounded for poor play just as much as all past QBs have (which also included Elway.) We are merciless in despising the depressing deeds of our daring leaders.

broncohead
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
One thing i saw from tebow is he feels phantom pressure. His instincts tell him to pull down and run. He did this often in preseason then he would realize he has good protection then pull back up. I love the fact he gives 110% but sometimes relaxing and being patent is best

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Granted Orton's meddling mediocrity is mind-numbing in it's monumental malevolence. But I still think that the next QB will be hounded for poor play just as much as all past QBs have (which also included Elway.) We are merciless in despising the depressing deeds of our daring leaders.

I don't think so...the years after Elway the fans were conditioned to expect nothing short of SB's...We were spoiled, really.

I mean look at the flak that Plummer got...I think those same Plummer detractors would take him back in a heartbeat and appreciate him more than they did.

With Orton, the bar has been set so low that if the next QB to follow Orton (whoever it is) were to even come close to winning as much as Plummer did they would be ecstatic rather than bash the guy for coming up short in the playoffs.

That's where we are right now....Where before, just making the playoffs wasn't good enough, now it would be a godsend.

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't think so...the years after Elway the fans were conditioned to expect nothing short of SB's...We were spoiled, really.

I mean look at the flak that Plummer got...I think those same Plummer detractors would take him back in a heartbeat and appreciate him more than they did.

With Orton, the bar has been set so low that if the next QB to follow Orton (whoever it is) were to even come close to winning as much as Plummer did they would be ecstatic rather than bash the guy for coming up short in the playoffs.

That's where we are right now....Where before, just making the playoffs wasn't good enough, now it would be a godsend.

I agree that better play out of the next QB will be good, but I still think that after the honeymoon is over (which could be just a couple weeks) if the new QB is not a significant improvement above Orton a whole new round of QB bashing will arise in Broncos Country. It could be that anything less than an 8-8 finish could be cause for much gnashing of teeth. Some here aren't satisfied by anything less than perfection.

RyanC
09-27-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't buy the shaken confidence argument, I don't think anyone expects that you could plug TT in (or Quinn) and we are going to all of a sudden be SB contenders. I highly doubt the fans boo TT even if he makes some boneheaded rookie mistakes that cost games because frankly he will at least be more fun to watch then not winning with Orton. Hell I would like to see any QB who would take the risk of trying to hit a checkdown on the numbers on 3rd and 10 rather then watch Orton complete a 4 yard pass thrown to the receivers feet.

If the FO is seriously considering drafting another QB this off season the only fair and reasonable thing to do is to let Tebow play for it. Having KO fail and cost TT a shot here is bordering on unethical. This is not a playoff team, at least let the kid show us what he's got.

RyanC
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I agree that better play out of the next QB will be good, but I still think that after the honeymoon is over (which could be just a couple weeks) if the new QB is not a significant improvement above Orton a whole new round of QB bashing will arise in Broncos Country. It could be that anything less than an 8-8 finish could be cause for much gnashing of teeth. Some here aren't satisfied by anything less than perfection.

I don't think so at this point. People weren't boo-ing Cutler and he replaced a guy who led us to the AFC champ game the year before. Even when Cutler lost us games he at least showed potential worthy of being a franchise qb. Orton does not show that potential.

The Glue Factory
09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Let me take a step back here. I think the next QB won't be met with derision immediately. There will certainly be a honeymoon period. After that ends, if he isn't doing significantly better than Orton is; be ready for the criticism to start anew. Maybe not as loud and maybe not as widespread but I'm willing to bet there will still be the critics out in full force.

RyanC
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Let me take a step back here. I think the next QB won't be met with derision immediately. There will certainly be a honeymoon period. After that ends, if he isn't doing significantly better than Orton is; be ready for the criticism to start anew. Maybe not as loud and maybe not as widespread but I'm willing to bet there will still be the critics out in full force.

I hear ya. But it's also safe to say that Griese, Frerotte, Beuerlien, Plummer, Jackson or Simms didn't go on to be Franchise QB's for any other team.

Joel
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Well the sample size for practice is even smaller considering Orton worked with the # 1's from day 1 and Tebow worked with waiver wire fodder....

Neither is a fair comparison IMO...But I figured you would value practice over real game action since the latter does not mesh well with your opinion.
"My opinion" is that of every analyst I've heard or seen comment on Tebow, even the very supportive ones: He's far from ready now. That, and that 89 regular season snaps is such a small "sample" that if it were an opinion poll the margin of error would be in double digits, which makes it worthless. Tebows pocket awareness, accuracy, defensive reads and knowledge of the playbook are independent of who's on the field with him; passes are either on target or not whether you're throwing to Jerry Rice or me.

Randall Munroe, is that you????
No, that one just happened to be my first introduction to xkcd, by my best friend back in the days when I was working my way up to 20,000 posts on a site that no longer exists. I used to think he posted on the successor more often than I do, but the stats say 1 out of every 20 posts on their Community Board is mine, so maybe not. :lol: And aren't we all grateful I'm staying out of P&R these days? ;)

Holy alliteration, Batman! :tongue: You're probably right, and for the right reasons; the only cure for that is a third Super Bowl trophy (just ask Steve Young.)

nevcraw
09-27-2011, 06:16 PM
One thing i saw from tebow is he feels phantom pressure. His instincts tell him to pull down and run. He did this often in preseason then he would realize he has good protection then pull back up. I love the fact he gives 110% but sometimes relaxing and being patent is best

I could be crazy but more game experience might solve this..

nevcraw
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Quinn's honeymoon period would last aboout 1 quarter if he looks anywhere close to who he was in cleveland, last year pre-season and against the cardinals a few weeks ago. In fact my bet is if he sucks in the first couple of drives some fan will take him out ala nancy keriggan..

BroncoJoe
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Seriously, if you need more than a paragraph to make a statement, you probably don't have a very good point.

bcbronc
09-27-2011, 06:37 PM
I think that when it comes to QB's who are either going to succeed or not it really doesnt matter if they sit. I think that its total hogwash when it comes to whether or not they need to sit at all. When i look at a NFL calibur Qb you either have it or you dont. Leaf i dont think was ever going to be a great QB even though i thought he might be coming out of college.

ya, no, you're completely wrong simply because you're trying to make a universal rule. Some QBs are going to benefit by being thrown into the fire, making mistakes, learning from it in film study, and moving on. For others, too much too soon develops bad habits and loss of confidence that never gets broken. To try to paint all individual QBs with the same brush, with no consideration for their emotional/intellectual make-up, surrounding talent, coaching staff, offensive system, etc is really pretty silly.

This whole starting a rookie QB is a relatively new phenomenon, a result of the huge pay cheques they started getting for being early draft picks. Not that in the 80s rookies didn't start from day 1, but they were the exception and the expectation was they would be groomed for a year or two before getting their chance.

And this doesn't just hold for QBs. Shannahan never started rookie OL, or at least very rarely. Everyone expects WRs and CBs and DTs to have a learning curve. Of course, more than one play in a given game, so rookies might see some snaps even if they aren't "starters". But to say it makes zero difference for EVERY QB to sit a bit before starting is a suspect statement at best.

In the particular case of Tebow, everyone knows he needs to work on his footwork from under center and his ability to read defenses. The first needs to improve before the second will. As long as he's thinking about his footwork, he won't be reading the defense. Reps develop muscle memory, which leads to thoughtless action. Putting him in live action *potentially* risks undoing the progress he's made, if he's still retraining his muscles re: proper drops etc.

Look who they sat behind, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, and Drew Brees. Its one thing to have a legit QB to learn from as opposed to a guy like Kyle Orton.

Oh yeah, Brett Favre is the ideal QB to learn from. :lol:

Orton isn't a great QB, but he is a solid pro that knows the offense. Either way, it's the coaching staff not the starting QB that is responsible for improving Tebow as a QB.

I never said Tebow was ready now, only pointing out that QB's who have succeeded in the NFL did not sit. Sure, you can always find an average QB who will win you a few games here and there but the one's who are FQB are the ones who get into the fire early and often.

except for those that didn't, right. Like Montana, Young, Favre, Rivers, etc etc etc. And then there's those that started right away and flamed out. and then there's those that didn't start right away and had HOF or Pro Bowl careers. And then there's those that started right away and did okay, but couldn't break bad habits they came in with (Alex Smith, Jay Cutler for example).

Point is, there's no such thing as a universal rule in developing a QB, as much as that shakes your black and white world view. IMO Tebow is better served at this point in his development learning to be a NFL QB, rather than being thrown into the fire where he'll instinctively fall back on what brought him success in the past: being a power back. He needs to turn his feet into those of an NFL QB. That's done on the practice field, not in game situations. When he's ready, great get him in and let's see what he has. But pointing out how two of the greatest QBs ever started from game 1 of their careers is pretty meaningless.

Take a step back and you see that just about every conceivable formula has occurred when it comes to developing a QB, from a few years on the bench, to starting immediately, to going through the CFL or Arena League, to backing up for years and then moving to a new organization, to starting half way through a rookie season. It's not even close to being "you either have it or you don't, details make no difference". Each and every QB is a unique individual that will respond differently to different scenerios, what worked for Joe Montana isn't necessarily going to work for John Elway or Tom Brady. My opinion is that Tebow is the kind of prospect that needs time to learn what being a pro QB is all about and rushing him while he's still getting that down risks sabotaging his career.

Northman
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
ya, no, you're completely wrong

Um, no im not. But as you say, what evs.

This whole starting a rookie QB is a relatively new phenomenon, a result of the huge pay cheques they started getting for being early draft picks. Not that in the 80s rookies didn't start from day 1, but they were the exception and the expectation was they would be groomed for a year or two before getting their chance.

But they didnt sit for a year or two, at least the ones that became FQB's. So this phenomenon you speak of still exists and only proves my point that you either have it or you dont.

Oh yeah, Brett Favre is the ideal QB to learn from. :lol:

A HOF Qb isnt good to learn from? Um ok. :lol:

except for those that didn't, right. Like Montana, Young, Favre, Rivers, etc etc etc. And then there's those that started right away and flamed out. and then there's those that didn't start right away and had HOF or Pro Bowl careers. And then there's those that started right away and did okay, but couldn't break bad habits they came in with (Alex Smith, Jay Cutler for example).

And they have yet to reach that upper eschalon of elite QB's. Smith i think is done. Cutler is at the crossroads right now.

Point is, there's no such thing as a universal rule in developing a QB, as much as that shakes your black and white world view. IMO Tebow is better served at this point in his development learning to be a NFL QB, rather than being thrown into the fire where he'll instinctively fall back on what brought him success in the past: being a power back. He needs to turn his feet into those of an NFL QB. That's done on the practice field, not in game situations. When he's ready, great get him in and let's see what he has. But pointing out how two of the greatest QBs ever started from game 1 of their careers is pretty meaningless.

Why? Because you say so? :lol:

Take a step back and you see that just about every conceivable formula has occurred when it comes to developing a QB, from a few years on the bench, to starting immediately, to going through the CFL or Arena League, to backing up for years and then moving to a new organization, to starting half way through a rookie season. It's not even close to being "you either have it or you don't, details make no difference". Each and every QB is a unique individual that will respond differently to different scenerios, what worked for Joe Montana isn't necessarily going to work for John Elway or Tom Brady. My opinion is that Tebow is the kind of prospect that needs time to learn what being a pro QB is all about and rushing him while he's still getting that down risks sabotaging his career.

Ill tell you what BcB, want to prove me wrong? List all the QB's in the HOF who have sat for 2 years before starting and those that didnt and lets see if im wrong. If it favors your viewpoint than ill conceed that your right. If it favors mine than will you conceed yours? I highly doubt it but lets see if you can ever accept that your wrong.

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Tom Teebro, please. :salute:

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 08:40 PM
BTW, check out my brand new sig full of awesomeness :cool:

The Glue Factory
09-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Holy alliteration, Batman! :tongue: You're probably right, and for the right reasons; the only cure for that is a third Super Bowl trophy (just ask Steve Young.)

Amen, brother, amen! :cool:

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 10:01 AM

Then there are those that sat, and never improved enough to get on the field. You can't convince me that those that sat, wouldn't have been good had they started from day one. They will be the FIRST to tell you that they learned 10 times MORE by being in the game than they did sitting and watching.

So was it really benefiting for them to sit, or were they just good enough to get it done? Brady sat for a year, but you think his "sitting" for a year is what made him what he is today? Seems that it could be very easily said that those that did sit only had their success delayed by the amount of time they sat on the bench.

I get your point that you typed out, there is no "universal rule"....but I think its closer to Northman's point than not..... you either have it, or you don't. Sitting for that year isn't going to "give" it to you.

Davii
09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Then there are those that sat, and never improved enough to get on the field. You can't convince me that those that sat, wouldn't have been good had they started from day one. They will be the FIRST to tell you that they learned 10 times MORE by being in the game than they did sitting and watching.

So was it really benefiting for them to sit, or were they just good enough to get it done? Brady sat for a year, but you think his "sitting" for a year is what made him what he is today? Seems that it could be very easily said that those that did sit only had their success delayed by the amount of time they sat on the bench.

I get your point that you typed out, there is no "universal rule"....but I think its closer to Northman's point than not..... you either have it, or you don't. Sitting for that year isn't going to "give" it to you.

I would have to agree, but only somewhat...

More than anything, I feel the sit or not sit depends on the qb in question. Did sitting for a year make Brady who he is? Obviously not, BUT had he not say for that year there is a strong possibility he didn't know the offense as well, didn't perform as well in his first starts, and maybe never even got the long term shot.

What of Rivers, what of Rodgers? I would say sitting helped them out.

Then again, who knows, there is no way to rewind and try it a different way. The scenario is completely dependent on the player, team, and overall situation involved.

Davii
09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh, and 13 pages for this thread?

Lulz

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I would have to agree, but only somewhat...

More than anything, I feel the sit or not sit depends on the qb in question. Did sitting for a year make Brady who he is? Obviously not, BUT had he not say for that year there is a strong possibility he didn't know the offense as well, didn't perform as well in his first starts, and maybe never even got the long term shot.

What of Rivers, what of Rodgers? I would say sitting helped them out.

Then again, who knows, there is no way to rewind and try it a different way. The scenario is completely dependent on the player, team, and overall situation involved.

I know that Belicheck and Bledsoe didn't get along, and that in the offseason Belicheck made the comment that his "greatest offseason surprise" was the play of the young kid, Brady, in the practices. He was quite excited about the kid, but of course couldn't start him over Bledsoe.....especially when he knew that the entire team was behind Bledsoe.

So it was a blessing that Bledsoe got hurt. So I dn't think starting his first year would have hurt him. I think he would have struggled at times, like all rookies do, but the point being is that he was just made for the NFL.

I completely disagree with you on Rodgers and Rivers. Both of these guys were TOP prospects coming out of college....especially Rivers. So I think they would have been who they are despite starting their rookie seasons or not.

I personally don't think sitting simply makes you better, because eventually you always have your rookie year when on the field. ALl those that have sat, said that they didn't learn NEARLY as much as they would have if they were actually playing. So that says a lot to me.

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I know that Belicheck and Bledsoe didn't get along, and that in the offseason Belicheck made the comment that his "greatest offseason surprise" was the play of the young kid, Brady, in the practices. He was quite excited about the kid, but of course couldn't start him over Bledsoe.....especially when he knew that the entire team was behind Bledsoe.

So it was a blessing that Bledsoe got hurt. So I dn't think starting his first year would have hurt him. I think he would have struggled at times, like all rookies do, but the point being is that he was just made for the NFL.

I completely disagree with you on Rodgers and Rivers. Both of these guys were TOP prospects coming out of college....especially Rivers. So I think they would have been who they are despite starting their rookie seasons or not.

I personally don't think sitting simply makes you better, because eventually you always have your rookie year when on the field. ALl those that have sat, said that they didn't learn NEARLY as much as they would have if they were actually playing. So that says a lot to me.

Obviously Elway thinks you are wrong. Elway thinks that if you throw in a young QB too quick, that he can lose his confidence and never get it back and bust. He thinks that is a big reason for QB busts. They lose their confidence. He stated he is a fan of making QBs sit for a year or two.

If you dont believe me listen to his Monday radio show, 2nd half of interview around the 2 minute spot.

The Glue Factory
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
ALl those that have sat, said that they didn't learn NEARLY as much as they would have if they were actually playing. So that says a lot to me.

Obviously Elway thinks you are wrong. Elway thinks that if you throw in a young QB too quick, that he can lose his confidence and never get it back and bust. He thinks that is a big reason for QB busts. They lose their confidence. He stated he is a fan of making QBs sit for a year or two.

If you dont believe me listen to his Monday radio show, 2nd half of interview around the 2 minute spot.

You're both right. You don't learn as much watching as doing, but you do better after watching/learning how to do it right rather than jump right in and learn by trial and error. Just because your sitting doesn't mean you aren't learning anything.

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
You're both right. You don't learn as much watching as doing, but you do better after watching/learning how to do it right rather than jump right in and learn by trial and error. Just because your sitting doesn't mean you aren't learning anything.

Sitting means you get more coaching, learn play book and get tips from the starter. You learn much quicker in the games, but if you go in confident and lose...can be detrimental to confidence.

The Glue Factory
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't that what I said? :confused:

Northman
09-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Unfortuantely i believe Elway to be wrong as well. Looking at the best QB's to ever play the game both back in the day and during the present era of NFL football it has shown favorly that sitting doesnt mean anything and that ACTUALLY starting provides more results.

First 2 years:

Sammy Baugh- 8 games (HOF)
Sid Luckman- 14 games (HOF)
Otto Graham- 18 games (HOF)
Bart Starr- 12 games (HOF)
Johnny Unitas- 19 games (HOF)
Roger Staubach- 4 games (HOF)
Terry Bradshaw- 21 games (HOF)
Joe Montana- 8 games (HOF)
Dan Marino- 25 games (HOF)
John Elway- 24 games (HOF)
Jim Kelly- 28 games (HOF)
Troy Aikman- 26 games (HOF)
Peyton Manning- 32 games (Future HOF)
Tom Brady- 14 games (Future HOF)
Drew Brees- 16 games (Future HOF)
Ben Roethlisburger- 25 games (Future HOF)
Brett Favre- 13 games (Future HOF)

Top passers in the top 15 who also didnt sit for two years:

Cam Newton- (ranked 3rd)
Matthew Stafford- (ranked 5th)
Mark Sanchez- (ranked 10th)
Jay Culter- (ranked 11th)
Rex Grossman- (ranked 12th)
Tony Romo- (ranked 6th, tied with Big Ben)

Now aside from Rodgers who has won a SB and Rivers who is
considered one of the more elite QB's in the league both sat
behind future HOF'rs thus nullyfing the need to put them on the
field. And while sitting didnt hurt said players it certainly doesnt
mean that starting hurts players either. Whether guys like Newton,
Cutler, Stafford, Bradford, Sanchez, etc will ever be SB winners or
HOF QB's for now they seem to be doing just fine.

suarez63
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Both won't be playing QB in any league ln 2 years. The Broncos have a QB problem that won't be addressed by any of the QB's on the current roster

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Both won't be playing QB in any league ln 2 years. The Broncos have a QB problem that won't be addressed by any of the QB's on the current roster

How do you know? Seen Quinn/Tebow play with 1st team during a game? Or jus the scrub back ups? Seen a lot of play time for Tebow as a starter? Seen him on the field since his ROOKIE season? Ever seen Quinn on the field for the Broncos as a QB during the season?

Ravage!!!
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM

:lol:

You CAN lose your confidence, that that you will. He's even making it a point to say that its not really an absolute that a QB will lose their confidence. I've heard him talk about his own situation. One time he said he MIGHT have been thrown in too quickly, and another time he says that the experience absolutely paid off. It all depends on the point he's trying to make at the time... perfectly human.

But I find that funny considering there is NO WAY teams normally draft a QB in the first round and expect them to sit for 2 years. NO WAY. Green Bay didn't do it, and San Diego didn't do it.

So he doesn't think I'm WRONG :lol: (you are so cute)... he's just making a point about why Tebow is sitting. Its the right thing to do right now with the fans, is make it out to be a reason to sit him and "learn'.. so that they don't have to try and explain why Tebow isn't making it onto the field.

NightTerror218
09-28-2011, 02:35 PM
:lol:

You CAN lose your confidence, that that you will. He's even making it a point to say that its not really an absolute that a QB will lose their confidence. I've heard him talk about his own situation. One time he said he MIGHT have been thrown in too quickly, and another time he says that the experience absolutely paid off. It all depends on the point he's trying to make at the time... perfectly human.

But I find that funny considering there is NO WAY teams normally draft a QB in the first round and expect them to sit for 2 years. NO WAY. Green Bay didn't do it, and San Diego didn't do it.

So he doesn't think I'm WRONG :lol: (you are so cute)... he's just making a point about why Tebow is sitting. Its the right thing to do right now with the fans, is make it out to be a reason to sit him and "learn'.. so that they don't have to try and explain why Tebow isn't making it onto the field.

I said year or two (which is what he said) but that is a time span not two years on the dot. I am a fan of a QB sitting for a year to get proper coaching and then taking over the reins. But when a coach ignores the other QBs he has and only focuses on the starter....is a little much there. With no off season, no OTAs, and not much work at all last season. Tebow this year is coming out like a rookie again. He was able to get very little playing time and coaching. This year is unlike any other for the broncos , since the lock out killed all the off season stuff for a team with a new coach and rebuilding.

I think Tebow was an idiot for thinking he could do it all himself over the summer with no coaching and it flapped him the face this year.

SOCALORADO.
09-28-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew-luck-redskins-seahawks-49ers-450x220.jpg

Northman
09-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Did a little more research just in case Bcb was going to complain about QB's who played in a SB who werent HOF'rs, etc.

These guys also started within 2 years.

Trent Dilfer- 18 games
Mark Rypien- 20 games
Kurt Warner- 16 games
Eli Manning- 23 games
Drew Bledsoe- 28 games
Stan Humphries- 5 games
Neil O'Donnell- 20 games

These guys sat for 2 years but sat behind bonafide starters or HOF'rs at the time.

Brad Johnson- 0 games (sat behind Warren Moon)
Jeff Hostetler- 0 games (sat behind Phil Simms)

While sitting a player never hurts this pretty much squashes the idea that sitting a player is best option. Its ONLY the best option when you have a starting QB who has done something worthwhile in the league and can teach you something. From what ive seen in EVERY other case where a team didnt have a legitimate starter the team favored going with a rookie to see what he would be able to do.

lgenf
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
I think I get it now.

Those QBs that have "IT" were successful, those that didn't have it weren't

Sitting on the bench wasn't a guaranty but it didn't hurt either.

Tebow will be fine, Orton is horrible and once given the chance for real, Tebow will deliver as promised, just look at what he has done when he has gotten the opportunity to get into games be it last year or this year, with 1st string or 3rd

He should start now, if there is one thing I am not worried about it's Tebows work ethic or his confidence

His confidence didn't look top bad at the end of last year even when they lost to San Diego

I Eat Staples
09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
I think I get it now.

Those QBs that have "IT" were successful, those that didn't have it weren't

Sitting on the bench wasn't a guaranty but it didn't hurt either.

Tebow will be fine, Orton is horrible and once given the chance for real, Tebow will deliver as promised, just look at what he has done when he has gotten the opportunity to get into games be it last year or this year, with 1st string or 3rd

He should start now, if there is one thing I am not worried about it's Tebows work ethic or his confidence

His confidence didn't look top bad at the end of last year even when they lost to San Diego

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what IT is.

Northman
09-29-2011, 11:10 AM

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/image-files/it-waits-movie-poster.jpg

Npba900
09-29-2011, 11:52 AM

The irony is that when Shanny was averaging 7-9 to 9-7 his last few years as HC, fans were calling for his "Head-on-A-Pike". Hell, fans were calling for Shanahan's ouster after going 13-3 and getting defeated in the AFC Championship a year later.

You can never make the fans happy IMHO!

Thnikkaman
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
200 posts later, and I'm still wondering why threads like this exist other than to stroke egos.

Nomad
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
200 posts later, and I'm still wondering why threads like this exist other than to stroke egos.

They love themselves so they be strokin!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

Krugan
09-29-2011, 08:41 PM
You want IT all, but you cant have IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN9ky04SOMk

lgenf
09-29-2011, 11:11 PM

IT

Is a passion for playing
Is the strength to make your team better just by your presence
Is the ability to raise the effort on the field of everyone playing with you

It's not only in sports, it's the guy in the military that has the ability to lead, to get more out of his team then they have ever done before

Those special people that command respect by their very presence because they they have something about them

And if you don't think the team played harder, put in more effort and responded to his leadership when he finally got to start in those last three games last year, then maybe you just won't get "IT"

You see it in Brees, Brady, Manning etc etc

You saw it from Elway

A confidence when they are on the field that we are going to get this done or die trying

Some criticized T2 at the end of the texans game for stating no one carries the ball right here except me

Two questions for you folks

1 did he get the job done then?

2 did Denver get the job done in any of the 4 tries from inside the 4 this past week?

BeefStew25
09-29-2011, 11:13 PM
IT can push a SUV up a hill.

:fart:

Canmore
09-29-2011, 11:56 PM

I can't tell you what IT is but I can see it. Kyle Orton doesn't have it.

Thnikkaman
09-30-2011, 12:34 PM
They love themselves so they be strokin!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

I don't know why the **** I'm ******' with this thread.

rXd5ZXTjStA

Bugs Baloney
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM

^^our new qb^^

Bugs Baloney
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
u got IT, u know u got IT TIMMY, what u got is IT, now give IT to me TIMMY

Ravage!!!
09-30-2011, 12:47 PM

topscribe, and here I thought you had left.

Thnikkaman
09-30-2011, 01:02 PM
u got IT, u know u got IT TIMMY, what u got is IT, now give IT to me TIMMY

What I got you got to give IT to your Momma
What I got you got to give IT to your Papa
What I got you got to give IT to your daughter
Then you do a little dance and you drink a little water
What I've got you've got to get IT put IT in you
Reeling with the feeling don't stop continue

I Eat Staples
09-30-2011, 01:06 PM

He can strike fear into opposing defenses at least.

I can't tell you what IT is but I can see it. Kyle Orton doesn't have it.

Kyle Orton doesn't have a lot of things, and I can tell you what each and every one of them are in understandable football terms.

topscribe, and here I thought you had left.

:confused:

GoBills
09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
From everything I've seen I'd say Tebow looks just alright. Not great. Not bad. Just okay. The irony of the grandiosity of all this is that this conversation is almost definitely meaningless. In all likelihood he'll end up being a mediocore QB at best. In fact, he'll most probably bust. Great, difference making QB's are few and far between in this league.

Thus far in the NFL Tebow has demonstrated mediocre skill on game day and an inability to impress during practice. Say what you will, practice matters.

Take it from a Bills fan. You never know where you're gonna find talent. We all thought Losman would do it. Fail. Then Trent Edwards-- fail again. And now we're onto Fitzpatrick. Who? (before last week) Exactly. He looks good so far, but hey, that could always go south too. Given the way things play out in this league sometimes, Quinn could end up being your big break! Stranger things have happened.

So my point, if I have one, is to just relax. Maybe Tebow get his shot with Denver, maybe he won't. Cutler is almost definitely better than Tebow will ever be (speaking to the odds again), and you guys just let him go without so fanfare. So what's the big deal? This isn't Matthew Stafford we're talking about here. It's not Andrew Luck. It's just another middle of the pack, probably going to bust, good on his feet college passer with nothing to speak of on his resume and everything left to prove.

Tebow vs Orton? Whatever.

BroncoJoe
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
lol

lgenf
10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
we are getting closer to T2 getting the starting QB job

although I do think Orton had a decent game, a really bad pick 6, but really without that 1 play we were right there in the first half, right up to the 2 minute drill

then the 2nd half was all them

Shazam!
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
we are getting closer to T2 getting the starting QB job

When Denver plays SD for an asskicking their is no point NOT benching KO and going w/TT and preparing for 2012 with TT or making a play at Barkley in the Draft.

The Broncos are making me sick.

shank
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
i'm trying not to let myself get too excited about the possibility that we only have to watch orton for one more week.

lgenf
10-03-2011, 08:29 AM
oh and just so we are clear, I don't think that T2 would have won that game for us, in fact I am not sure that the game would have been any closer

GB is a damn good team, if not the best, then they are 1A right there with the Pats

I do think that we have seen EVERYTHING that Orton can do, and brings to the table, and its just not enough to WIN unless the entire team plays flawless, and thats just not enough in today's NFL and definitely not on this team with all the holes we have to fill in the next offseason

Shazam!
10-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Nobody is saying that TT will automatically come in and they'll start winning all their games immediately. This team has some glaring issues.

I think he'll bring things to the offense that KO just doesnt have.

Just starting him will bring the Broncos into relevance and excite a portion of the fanbase,

They have to see if he can be the future QB in 2012. If not they'll have to go after Barkley or Landry because they won't have the position, cash or personnel trade package for Luck.

It's clear to me this isnt a playoff team, I think the Broncos' FO thought they could be and that's why they went with the experienced vet. If they can't see that theyre not a playoff team theyre delusional. Start prepping for the future.

Gatorhorse
11-18-2011, 05:54 AM

gitrdun

I told you sooooooo I told you soooooo...great country song don't you think.

Now find some recievers that are man enough to catch his rocket passes ala Elway., and you got a playoff team. They call em hands recievers boys.

Shannon Sharp once said Elway threw so hard he had to wear them thar sticky gloves cause it was bruising his chest in practice.

I wonder how many hators are starting to believe now. Tebow is a good example of what happens when you play in the NFL with heart. He just runs around the heartless :D

Man he's making the "sports analysts" look real bad eh. Who were the 4 bozos on NFL network last night before the Jets game 11/17/2011. Mariuci, midget got lucky as a head coach noob, Deon Sanders who wouldnt even attempt to tackle Tebow if he got in the secondary for fear of getting smacked down, and 2 others. None of em picked Denver to win. Hators gonna hate. Tebow will still be Tebowin 10 years from now.

Do you believe?

sneakers
11-18-2011, 06:03 AM
I think if the broncos finish 8-8 this year, there is no waaaay they would dare try to acquire a new qb for next year.

Apollo
11-18-2011, 06:24 AM
At 5-5 it's very very unlikely we're going to collapse hard enough to be in a position to draft an elite QB.

I think draft picks would be best spent on improving the rest of the offense.

As for Tebow, all things in life are mostly mental battles. Tebow has a strong set of shoulders and can take responsibility for the team. He's got an 'X-factor' and some grit about him. You don't get any such feeling off of Orton.

I'd stick with Tebow for now.

Thnikkaman
11-18-2011, 09:00 AM

Now find some recievers that are man enough to catch his rocket passes ala Elway., and you got a playoff team. They call em hands recievers boys.

Shannon Sharp once said Elway threw so hard he had to wear them thar sticky gloves cause it was bruising his chest in practice.

I wonder how many hators are starting to believe now. Tebow is a good example of what happens when you play in the NFL with heart. He just runs around the heartless :D

Man he's making the "sports analysts" look real bad eh. Who were the 4 bozos on NFL network last night before the Jets game 11/17/2011. Mariuci, midget got lucky as a head coach noob, Deon Sanders who wouldnt even attempt to tackle Tebow if he got in the secondary for fear of getting smacked down, and 2 others. None of em picked Denver to win. Hators gonna hate. Tebow will still be Tebowin 10 years from now.

Do you believe?

I believe that if Timmeh can learn some touch and get the ball chest hight to his receivers, he can be special.

In the mean time, learn to spell, and some respect.

Agent of Orange
11-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Good bump

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
I think if the broncos finish 8-8 this year, there is no waaaay they would dare try to acquire a new qb for next year.

They're going to have to aquire quarterbacks Orton and Brady are gone once free agency starts in '2012. I bet irregardless of how this season ends they will draft a quarterback.

Agent of Orange
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
They're going to have to aquire quarterbacks Orton and Brady are gone once free agency starts in '2012. I bet irregardless of how this season ends they will draft a quarterback.

I think we're talking about taking one in the 1st vs one in the 3rd or lower.

TXBRONC
11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I think we're talking about taking one in the 1st vs one in the 3rd or lower.

That's not what he said. That might be what he meant but I don't know. That said, I still would not be surprised to see Denver take one in the first round.

Gatorhorse
11-18-2011, 06:23 PM
You guys are still not believing eh? Tim is gonna do nothing but get better with time, and his passes are just fine, he puts them where nobody but the receiver can catch them. Now the receivers just gotta catch them...I saw 4 catchable balls dropped last night (Jets vs Broncos 11/17/11), clutch throws by Tim.

His current QB rating is higher than John Elways. It took John 13 years to get the superbowl win. John came on in the 1983 season to take over duties about halfway through, he threw 7 TDs and had 14 INTs, I think Tim is ahead of that thus far. Maybe give Tim more than 8/10s of a playing season before you start judging his ability to play in the league long term?

Ill check back in a couple more Broncos wins to see if you have seen the light yet. The Jets saw it last night...it was Tebow with fire in his eyes hauling tail to the endzone. :D

catfish
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
You guys are still not believing eh? Tim is gonna do nothing but get better with time, and his passes are just fine, he puts them where nobody but the receiver can catch them. Now the receivers just gotta catch them...I saw 4 catchable balls dropped last night (Jets vs Broncos 11/17/11), clutch throws by Tim.

His current QB rating is higher than John Elways. It took John 13 years to get the superbowl win. John came on in the 1983 season to take over duties about halfway through, he threw 7 TDs and had 14 INTs, I think Tim is ahead of that thus far. Maybe give Tim more than 8/10s of a playing season before you start judging his ability to play in the league long term?

Ill check back in a couple more Broncos wins to see if you have seen the light yet. The Jets saw it last night...it was Tebow with fire in his eyes hauling tail to the endzone. :D

I disagree, Tebow has great run game, protect the football well, but to say that his passing doesn't need any work is disingenuous, also don't compare Elway and Tebow in here. it is stupid and pisses people off.

Shazam!
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM

I think elway and Co. will spend a pick on a QB in the first three rounds and bring in an experienced Starter to backup Tebow and further his progress.

Tebow is the Broncos QB of the future and he's here to stay folks.

Those doubters and haters, IS THIS NOT WHAT WE WANTED FOR YEARS? A truly talented QB, a franchise QB, a face of the team, a true model who would NEVER do something like Michael Vick did?

We finally have the next John Elway. NOT the QB equivalent, but the leader, the franchise, the guy. The identity of the leader that makes the team better and who responds to him.

This is a great time to be a Broncos fan.

Joel
11-19-2011, 12:18 PM

Do you believe?
I believe, but my belief is greater and more important than Tim Tebow, though I welcome him and everyone to share it; indeed, nothing on Earth pleases me more. However, that is impossible for Tebow or anyone else if their belief extends no further than him. Fortunately, he at least seems to understand that with regard to the Broncos; I only wish he demonstrated as good an understanding of it with respect to other matters.

lgenf
11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I believe, but my belief is greater and more important than Tim Tebow, though I welcome him and everyone to share it; indeed, nothing on Earth pleases me more. However, that is impossible for Tebow or anyone else if their belief extends no further than him. Fortunately, he at least seems to understand that with regard to the Broncos; I only wish he demonstrated as good an understanding of it with respect to other matters.

Them there were a lot of words to not get your point across

What were you trying to say?

catfish
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM

to quote an article I read earlier " I believe in things I can see...like the scoreboard" ;):D

lgenf
11-19-2011, 02:51 PM
to quote an article I read earlier " I believe in things I can see...like the scoreboard" ;):D

Well the scoreboard operator is a Christian so he's just giving us extra points now that Tebow is starting for the broncos

camdisco24
11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I think elway and Co. will spend a pick on a QB in the first three rounds and bring in an experienced Starter to backup Tebow and further his progress.

Jake Delhomme?? :lol: