PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for fox to use tebow

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Orton is 4-16 in his last 20 games he is not a winnging qb! Every broncos game looks the same we dont put teams away in the red-zone or ortn throws the ball away?

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
An order from above.

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, people.

I asked my friend the same question, and his response was this: "Death"

:lol: :laugh: :lol:

To answer your question, I believe it'll take a losing record at mid-season before we turn it over to Quinn or Tebow.

Northman
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
A burger and two order of fries.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Orton injury.

It aint going to happen folks. Why bring in a guy who might screw up and win a coupke games? We're playing for Luck at this point.

Sticking with Orton is as pointless an endevour as I hace ever seen.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
It will take two things

1 the fans at home games being unmerciful booing Orton or screaming for Tebow all game long, in pre game and even if we r winning

2 elway after all that makes the decision

Beyond that I don't see them giving him a chance ( unless they have a plan to develop him and start him on a certain week no matter what happens this year and they are sticking to it) but I don't get that impression

Tebow will start for some other team, some other time

Tned
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
6-19 in his last 25 games (since the 6-0 start) if I did the math right in my head.

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
6-19 in his last 25 games (since the 6-0 start) if I did the math right in my head.

Just threw up in the mouth.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
A constant candle vigil in front of Dove Valley.

MileHiWildcat
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
He won't because he is, frankly, a pretty poor NFL head coach.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Lobotomy.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Davii
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
It will take Tebow improving on his pocket presence and accuracy enough that IF Orton goes down to injury Tim is able to show he's ready.

claymore
09-25-2011, 06:25 PM
It will take a season ending injury from both Orton, and QUin. Then Tebow might have to beat out Weber when he is called up.

SR
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Orton does throw away more passes through the back of the end zone than any QB in history.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I wonder what the topic of the week will be here at BF!!:confused::D:lol:

JaxBroncoGirl
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, people.

I asked my friend the same question, and his response was this: "Death"

:lol: :laugh: :lol:

To answer your question, I believe it'll take a losing record at mid-season before we turn it over to Quinn or Tebow.

I will go one step further, he will not play him period. I am not really hot on Fox, never have been. Run, Run, Run Throw! I just think he is very predictable.

claymore
09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I will go one step further, he will not play him period. I am not really hot on Fox, never have been. Run, Run, Run Throw! I just think he is very predictable.

Id think you'd love him. Thats what Tebow does! :laugh:

lgenf
09-25-2011, 06:40 PM
It will take Tebow improving on his pocket presence and accuracy enough that IF Orton goes down to injury Tim is able to show he's ready.

No he doesn't his game is totally different

Just let him do what he does

He's no a fng pocket passer

He's a mobile QB that runs when shit breaks down and makes plays

Quit thinking that only mind numbing pocket passing QBs are the only ones that can win

Last year T2 went 1-2 against two good teams and one bad one and we looked like a team on the come

This year we start 1-2 against 1 avg team and two bad ones

Why is it that Orton gets to continue losing and Tebow gets no shot

At this point I'd rather see t2 make mistakes and great plays and win or lose than Orton make no plays, play it safe then make a bs mistake for a 7 yr vet and give the game away TWICE!

Davii
09-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Id think you'd love him. Thats what Tebow does! :laugh:

That's some funny ish right there

lgenf
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
You anti-Tebow folks on this forum look like asses at this point

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
When TB gives us the best chance to win, he'll play.

Davii
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM
No he doesn't his game is totally different

Just let him do what he does

He's no a fng pocket passer

He's a mobile QB that runs when shit breaks down and makes plays

Quit thinking that only mind numbing pocket passing QBs are the only ones that can win

Last year T2 went 1-2 against two good teams and one bad one and we looked like a team on the come

This year we start 1-2 against 1 avg team and two bad ones

Why is it that Orton gets to continue losing and Tebow gets no shot

At this point I'd rather see t2 make mistakes and great plays and win or lose than Orton make no plays, play it safe then make a bs mistake for a 7 yr vet and give the game away TWICE!

I hate to tell you this.... BUT, I don't think that "mind numbing pocket" passers are the only ones that can win.

FYI - I would rather see Tebow play than Orton right now, and I have said that plenty of times.

The question posed is what will it take for Tebow to start, and you know what, that's what it will take. Period.

Tim will NEVER be a pure pocket passer, but he does need to improve that part of his game, like it or not. He also needs to improve his accuracy, like it or not.

I happen to be a Tebow fan, but i'm not so blinded by Tebow love that I can't see his shortcomings.

Matter of fact, I bet if you were to ask Tebow himself what he needs to work on he would tell you those two things first and foremost.

I personally feel Tebow, as of right now, would give us a better chance to win. However, he MUST improve those two aspects of his game if he wants to be successful in the NFL, or if he even wants a chance to prove he can be successful. It's not hate, it's fact.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM

Since I'm not anti Tebow, I'll assume said personal attack isn't against me.

I will be organizing a candle light vigil at the Dove Valley flag pole beginning Tuesday (the players usually get Monday off) at 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. M-S until Orton is benched.

I will provide a clip board sign up sheet during annual Monday fan meetings at the Denver Community Center, 112 E. Colfax. Those wishing to join only need to show up. There is no cost, but we will be taking free will donations. Those donations will go directly to the Dec. 11 tailgate fund.

cardoso
09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
When TB gives us the best chance to win, he'll play.

with all due respect......You'd have to be a clueless idiot to think Orton gives this team the best chance to win. If you're still clueless after his 6-19 record in his last 25 games than you need to watch a sport you actually understand.

Davii
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM

Who is anti-Tebow? I can only think of one forum member that I would say is anti-Tebow.

Everyone else here understands that the coaching staff is NOT going to start Tim until:

A) Orton gets hurt
B) He beats Orton out in practice
C) We have no chance to make a decent showing for the season

Should they... I think they should, but that matters about as much as what I think you should have for breakfast tomorrow.

Joel
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
At this point I think the guy getting the rawest deal from fans is Quinn; they're all booing the starter but never mention his name except to disparage him. He may be the first #2 QB in League history who's AFRAID to start because of how fans would react. Tebow's third string for a reason, guys; as claymore has noted, however bad Orton is or isn't, what Tebow's showed everyone from Elway on down is so bad there's TWO guys in front of him for the starting job.

Personally, I want to see Quinn AND Tebow start and finish at least three games because I have no confidence in Orton and thus want to know whether we should spend a probable high first round pick on one of the umpteen highly touted QBs available. That said, Tebow does need accuracy and understanding of both our offense and defences he doesn't see every week in practice before I'll have any faith in him as a starter. This isn't 1940 and the QB is not the RB with the strongest arm who can put the ball up for grabs deep when all else fails. I'd take a pure pocket passer like Brady or Manning over Tebow any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

What will it take for Fox to start Tebow? Knowing both Orton and Quinn are unable to start; nothing more, nothing less.

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Freedom costs a buck o five.

Davii
09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
At this point I think the guy getting the rawest deal from fans is Quinn; they're all booing the starter but never mention his name except to disparage him. He may be the first #2 QB in League history who's AFRAID to start because of how fans would react. Tebow's third string for a reason, guys; as claymore has noted, however bad Orton is or isn't, what Tebow's showed everyone from Elway on down is so bad there's TWO guys in front of him for the starting job.

Personally, I want to see Quinn AND Tebow start and finish at least three games because I have no confidence in Orton and thus want to know whether we should spend a probable high first round pick on one of the umpteen highly touted QBs available. That said, Tebow does need accuracy and understanding of both our offense and defences he doesn't see every week in practice before I'll have any faith in him as a starter. This isn't 1940 and the QB is not the RB with the strongest arm who can put the ball up for grabs deep when all else fails. I'd take a pure pocket passer like Brady or Manning over Tebow any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

What will it take for Fox to start Tebow? Knowing both Orton and Quinn are unable to start; nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not so sure he is #3 Joel. He outplayed Quinn in the last pre-season game.

Krugan
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM

I find this post quite funny.

If ever there was a pot and kettle issue, well here it is.

The blind devotion to Tebow is amazing.

even to go so far as to entirely overlook the fact he isnt ready to lead this team.

That all being said, im all for a change at the helm, but im not going to go out and blew a fuse if it isnt Tebow.

Which I cant say for many many others.

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
with all due respect......You'd have to be a clueless idiot to think Orton gives this team the best chance to win. If you're still clueless after his 6-19 record in his last 25 games than you need to watch a sport you actually understand.

Why you jumpin' on me about this. Go get a life or maybe do some home work on who your talking do.

You'd have to be a clueless idiot to think I'm an Orton fan.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM
I want a stallion for a QB, and I dont think he is on the team right now. At this point, Im happy to not get embarressed on Sundays.

We were in both our losses, we could seriously be 3-0 right now.

Joel
09-25-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm not so sure he is #3 Joel. He outplayed Quinn in the last pre-season game.
That's fair then; I was unaware (it's hard to see games where I am,) so thanks. NFL.com still lists Quinn #2 on our depth chart, but the team site says "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow," and top billing probably isn't worth much.

I do think it kinda sad that in all the QB controversy no one, and I mean NO ONE (except occasionally me,) mentions Quinn. Maybe Miami should've been talking to him. :tongue:

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
We don't have a #2 or #3 QB.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
That's fair then; I was unaware (it's hard to see games where I am,) so thanks. NFL.com still lists Quinn #2 on our depth chart, but the team site says "Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow," and top billing probably isn't worth much.

I do think it kinda sad that in all the QB controversy no one, and I mean NO ONE (except occasionally me,) mentions Quinn. Maybe Miami should've been talking to him. :tongue:

ESPN reported on MNF that Quin would go in if Orton was hurt. It was never disputed by the Broncos even though it was on prime time.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
We don't have a #2 or #3 QB.

I disagree. I think we dont have a #1 QB. :laugh:

wayninja
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Return of one pure language.
Blood red moon.
Rapture.

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I want a stallion for a QB, and I dont think he is on the team right now. At this point, Im happy to not get embarressed on Sundays.

We were in both our losses, we could seriously be 3-0 right now.

So we were embarrassed, but we could have been 3-0?

I guess I don't follow that. Last years home game against the Raiders was embarrassing.

Agent of Orange
09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
ESPN reported on MNF that Quin would go in if Orton was hurt. It was never disputed by the Broncos even though it was on prime time.

That doesnt necessarily mean anything. That could just mean that Quinn is more similar to Orton, who they've gameplanned for.

Joel
09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
It makes sense, given how raw Tebow reportedly is, but I can also understand why there could be uncertainty, given how little we look to have at QB. Geez, this is ugly.... :frown:

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
At least we'd have an excuse to be embarrassed.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
So we were embarrassed, but we could have been 3-0?

I guess I don't follow that. Last years home game against the Raiders was embarrassing.

I file that under McDaniels. The whole 1.5 years leading up to that was embarrassing IMO.

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
But our two losses this year were embarrassing? I don't think that at all.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:28 PM
But our two losses this year were embarrassing? I don't think that at all.

Not at all, I think you miss read my post or I articulated it wrong. I think we were in these 2 losses, and could be 3-0.

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Probably you Clay. Because you aren't articulate.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Probably you Clay. Because you aren't articulate.

Yeah, Sometimes I will read my own shit and get pissed off.

Bottom line, Im not embarressed so far this year.

Davii
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm actually surprised Indy didn't come calling for Quinn. I think he's at least as good an option as Kerry Collins.

BeefStew25
09-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, Sometimes I will read my own shit and get pissed off.

Bottom line, Im not embarressed so far this year.

I was kidding.

Nor am I. To do what we need to do will take a couple of years. And hopefully it comes from the draft.

claymore
09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I was kidding.

Nor am I. To do what we need to do will take a couple of years. And hopefully it comes from the draft.

Hell yeah.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Not at all, I think you miss read my post or I articulated it wrong. I think we were in these 2 losses, and could be 3-0.

Clay we should be 3-0

Ortons fumble in the first one and int in this one cost us those games

Dank Smoker
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
John Fox will not change The QB until he is out of the Playoffs..Just like he did down in Carolina..even if Orton throws 6 inter..John is always rite I hope Elway learns that rite away..3rd down he wants to punt..deer in headlights..I can't believe the Broncos were so high on John Fox..after what he did down in Carolina..they gave him a first class ticket out of there..He does not know talent or he gets out coached in the last part of the games..

scott.475
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd be happy with Quinn or Tebow, I'm just sick of Orton. I think he has flat lost any ability or talent, however small, he may have had. I didn't get to watch the game today, but the clips I saw sure were uninspiring.

Another question, seriously: Orton seems to get a TON of balls tipped or batted down. What is the deal with that? I try to watch as much football as possible, and I am not sure any QB has more passes tipped/batted down. Why?

BroncoTech
09-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Orton get's passes batted down because he has legs of stone. He steps into the rush and is not mobile. The Titans allow you to dink and dunk, but not go deep, so these shorter passes today, they were about 20% too low or he threw right into guys.

All these great pocket passers...
Everyone of them had great pockets. Have you seen Tom Brady's pocket. I'd take a lawn chair and build a tree house back there. Yeah, he has a lot of time back there. Now lets look at Matt Cassel at KC and NE.

So to use Tebow Fox would have to realize that any pure pocket passer would get killed back there (most likely scenario is Orton get's injured and beat up before the injury). At this point Fox might realize it's time for someone more durable and mobile.

I remember Fox trying to trade Orton, so I don't see where all the devotion Orton is getting is coming from.

Clipworthy
09-26-2011, 12:54 AM
http://horviltiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/schulzklinkelwayfox.jpg

pipes
09-26-2011, 05:27 AM
So the Broncos won't play Tebow until he becomes a better pocket passer?

-even though they field an offensive line that usually fails to make a pocket

-and how is he supposed to get better by standing on the sidelines, watching a poor attempt by someone else trying to portray a pocket passer

John Bad Elk
09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Awesomeness!

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I get Fox not starting Tebow at this point (I don't agree with it, but I get it).....

However, how can this coach not find a way to get Tebow into the game? Tebow would have punched that ball in on that 4th down that McGahee got stuffed on.

Just goes to show how uncreative and offensively narrow-minded Fox is...Just another run of the mill, retread HC.

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 08:53 AM

That is correct.

scott.475
09-26-2011, 09:00 AM

That is hilarious!

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
No kidding... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That picture is epic. Well done.

Northman
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM