PDA

View Full Version : What's the General Consensus of Kyle Orton?

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
The mods closed this poll over at the Mane. So I'll post it here and get your opinions.

I just want to gather stats and see the general consensus on Kyle Orton after seeing him choke again.

FYI, I will be sending the results of this poll to Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post, so she can ask John Fox about it. So please take it seriously.

SR
09-25-2011, 03:29 PM
You honestly can't gather the answer to that question on your own from reading people's posts? Do you really need to start a thread about it?

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Define "believe."

Because I do believe that he exists.

igoe4broncos
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
The general consensus is "hell no."

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 03:34 PM
You honestly can't gather the answer to that question on your own from reading people's posts? Do you really need to start a thread about it?

It's a lot different for me to email Lindsay Jones and tell her "a lot of fans don't like Orton" vs. "This poll clearly shows..."

Is that alright with you? :elefant:

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Define "believe."

Because I do believe that he exists.

:laugh::laugh:

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 03:35 PM
He sucks. He's one the five worst starting QBs in the NFL. There are a few backups who are better equiped to win fooball games in the NFL. He's terrible

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM
To answer your question OP, watching Kyle Orton play has always made me want to ram my head into a brickwall. I have NEVER understood why this guy is treated like an NFL starter and given such a favorable view by the lamestream media. He is a backup. Period.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 03:36 PM
It's a lot different for me to email Lindsay Jones and tell her "a lot of fans don't like Orton" vs. "This poll clearly shows..."

Is that alright with you? :elefant:

So, from this statement, I'm guessing you think Lindsay Jones is uncapable of paying attention?

Does she have adult ADD?

Agent of Orange
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Its a fair question. There might be a lot of Ortonites who are quiet now that could vote yes.

Slick
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
No, I don't believe in Kyle Orton.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

UnderArmour
09-25-2011, 03:40 PM
To answer your question OP, watching Kyle Orton play has always made me want to ram my head into a brickwall. I have NEVER understood why this guy is treated like an NFL starter and given such a favorable view by the lamestream media. He is a backup. Period.

It's not that he's being given a favorable view; Tebow bashing just so popular that Orton is the best option on our roster because apparently Tebow would have thrown 20 interceptions today and been sacked 80 times.

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
So, from this statement, I'm guessing you think Lindsay Jones is uncapable of paying attention?

Does she have adult ADD?

You honestly expect her to ask John Fox about what fans think about Kyle Orton without a fan-made poll?

She's also a very unbiased and conservative reporter, so she would not approach a question like that without proper support.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 03:45 PM
No, I don't believe in Kyle Orton.

The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow are all standing in a four-way intersection. One each at the stop sign in a different direction, equal distance from a $100 bill in the center of the intersection.

Who gets to the $100 bill first?

Duh, Tim Tebow. Because the other three are figments of your ******* imagination.

(props to anyone who knows the movie reference...)

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
It's not that he's being given a favorable view; Tebow bashing just so popular that Orton is the best option on our roster because apparently Tebow would have thrown 20 interceptions today and been sacked 80 times.

While I won't disagree with you, this favorable reporting of Orton goes back to his Chicago days. As a rookie he had a HORRIBLE season yet the Bears were so stacked on defense and special teams that they won games.

But ESPN and the sports media went on and on about how Orton was a winner, etc, etc. Then Orton finally wins the job in 2007 and he gets hurt, refuses to come out of the lineup, and plays horribly down the stretch keeping the Bears out of the playoffs - by 1 game.

Then he is traded to us the next season despite not being criticized for his selfish refusal to sit in 2007.

I don't get it. Everyone likes an underdog but Orton sucks. He is NOT a good QB. He holds back offenses much more than he liberates them.

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 03:48 PM
While I won't disagree with you, this favorable reporting of Orton goes back to his Chicago days. As a rookie he had a HORRIBLE season yet the Bears were so stacked on defense and special teams that they won games.

But ESPN and the sports media went on and on about how Orton was a winner, etc, etc. Then Orton finally wins the job in 2007 and he gets hurt, refuses to come out of the lineup, and plays horribly down the stretch keeping the Bears out of the playoffs - by 1 game.

Then he is traded to us the next season despite not being criticized for his selfish refusal to sit in 2007.

I don't get it. Everyone likes an underdog but Orton sucks. He is NOT a good QB. He holds back offenses much more than he liberates them.

This.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 03:49 PM
You honestly expect her to ask John Fox about what fans think about Kyle Orton without a fan-made poll?

She's also a very unbiased and conservative reporter, so she would not approach a question like that without proper support.

We don't know which reporter has been asking about Tebow and the boos...besides, Fox has already answered the question. He doesn't care what the fans think, nor should he.

You are right, it's not really Jones MO to ask that question, it's more like a Josina or Woody question.

Slick
09-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm embarrased to say I don't know because I think we have similar taste in movies.

:bandit:

Apollo
09-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Orton's decision making skills are among the worst I've seen. He's not a bad QB, but he rarely makes decisions that actually benefit the team. Whether or not Tebow makes better decisions can only be found out when he actually faces being a full time starting NFL QB.

Agent of Orange
09-25-2011, 03:51 PM
The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow are all standing in a four-way intersection. One each at the stop sign in a different direction, equal distance from a $100 bill in the center of the intersection.

Who gets to the $100 bill first?

Duh, Tim Tebow. Because the other three are figments of your ******* imagination.

(props to anyone who knows the movie reference...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIqx5_w-dnk&feature=related

Mike
09-25-2011, 03:51 PM
My consensus. He's a bum. Can't count on him to come back or close out teams. Denver could have beaten Oakland, could have beaten Cincy worst, and could have beaten Tennessee if they have a QB that can be counted on win the chips are down.

Still treading water. But, hey, at least we aren't getting blown out. :rolleyes:

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
We don't know which reporter has been asking about Tebow and the boos...besides, Fox has already answered the question. He doesn't care what the fans think, nor should he.

You are right, it's not really Jones MO to ask that question, it's more like a Josina or Woody question.

Fox answered that question prior to the start of the season.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Fox answered that question prior to the start of the season.

He also answered numerous questions about Boos, Tebow chants and Tebow billboards after Week 1. He says he doesn't pay attention to it. The media is asking the questions, it's not like they've been oblivious to fan discontent.

Last week on national radio with Doug Gottlieb, Decker reaffirmed Orton's, we play for wins not fans philosophy.

It's being talked about. But I just don't think they are going to listen, and I'm not so sure they should.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm glad we all bought that line of shit that Fox wants a gamer and not a practice player. We'vr been lied tp for three straight years and the beneficiary of that ie has been Orton and of course our oponents.

This is a sinking ship and Orton is the heaviest piece of dead weight.

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 04:01 PM
He also answered numerous questions about Boos, Tebow chants and Tebow billboards after Week 1. He says he doesn't pay attention to it. The media is asking the questions, it's not like they've been oblivious to fan discontent.

Last week on national radio with Doug Gottlieb, Decker reaffirmed Orton's, we play for wins not fans philosophy.

It's being talked about. But I just don't think they are going to listen, and I'm not so sure they should.

So I guess it's going to take the Broncos sell-out streak ending for the Broncos to listen to their fans :noidea:

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 04:05 PM
So I guess it's going to take the Broncos sell-out streak ending for the Broncos to listen to their fans :noidea:

Already sold out this year, so I guess you'll have to wait until next year for that to matter.

Remember how everyone wanted Bradlee Van Pelt to start?

girler
09-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I do believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus, and the queen of england, however. :laugh:

claymore
09-25-2011, 04:14 PM
I believe Ortons the best QB on the roster. But thats not saying much.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Already sold out this year, so I guess you'll have to wait until next year for that to matter.

Tebow is 100X the QB Van Pelt was. If Bradlee had played college ball somewhere like Western Michigan then Broncos fans never would have heard of him.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM

You're deaf, dumb and blind.

Dreadnought
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
"He gives us the best chance to win"

This should have been the tip-off. It is an absolute classic in bad Coach-speak. I have Never heard it used outside of the following context

"My decisions were bad. They have been proven wrong by events. I am running out of ideas and excuses, but I have now painted myself into a corner. What I need is a plausible excuse to change course without admitting I screwed this up but good"

It is a variant of "I plan to put the best players on the field"

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM

Maybe the steady rise in no-shows will draw some attention (I hope).

You bet your ass SA Field will be booing as our team walks into it for the next home game (probably after getting killed by the Packers)

I'm not asking for Tim Tebow. I'm asking for a QB other than Kyle Orton. 35 games of his below-average play is enough.

flash3six0
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Our offense is shit period.

Dreadnought
09-25-2011, 04:18 PM

Nah, Joe - Brother Claymore is simply catastrphically wrong, and, like a mule headed coach, doesn't dare admit it. He's a smart guy in a bad spot. Its as if he's going all Josh McDaniels on us...

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM

I don't. Best at what? Mechanics? He certainly isn't the best option in the redzone, or the best leader, or the most mobile QB on the roster... Who cares if he is the best right now anyway, play the young guys and start building for the future.

Playing Orton does NOTHING for this team.

BRONCO FAN SINCE 84
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
He is not a winning nfl qb! We need to make a move 16 l's in his last 20 games

Nomad
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
War, clay!:lol:

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Tebow is 100X the QB Van Pelt was. If Bradlee had played college ball somewhere like Western Michigan then Broncos fans never would have heard of him.

You mean, like if he'd gone to Colorado State?

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Are you really suggesting that the difference between the greatest college football player of all time and BVP is which college they went to?

Come on man.

claymore
I don't. Best at what? Mechanics? He certainly isn't the best option in the redzone, or the best leader, or the most mobile QB on the roster... Who cares if he is the best right now anyway, play the young guys and start building for the future.

Playing Orton does NOTHING for this team.

To start, he knows the playbook. He can at least motion thru whats called.

We dont have any leaders on this team. Except for 40 year old Dawkins.

Agent of Orange

That makes no sense. Its kind of funny to watch you repeatedly embarrass yourself.

Slick
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Don't fall for it again, stud.

claymore
09-25-2011, 04:24 PM

What happened to all the Orton support Joe? You used to love him. I knew this is where we would be, so maybe Im a little more patient than you.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Are you really suggesting that the difference between the greatest college football player of all time and BVP is which college they went to?

Come on man.

Their professional skill set is about the same. Van Pelt was a little faster, Tebow is a little bigger. Doesn't matter what they did in college or who they played for, and that's the point.

I hope Tebow is better than that. But you see how bad Orton is, and we know Quinn isn't very good, and yet Tebow can't beat either out for the job.

And its not some conspiracy theory or that Fox, Elway, Xanders and McCoy are all stupid.

BroncoJoe
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Have you seen the plays we run? I could run them.

We have a natural born leader on this team. He's currently riding the pine so Fox can make a point.

atwater27
09-25-2011, 04:30 PM
The mods closed this poll over at the Mane. .

What a ******* gay website.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 04:34 PM

2 weeks ago Eddie Royal gave us "the best chance to win" because he knows the playbook and has experience. Now it's clear that Decker is a better #2 and probably overall WR.

Just because Orton is starting it doesn't make him the best QB on this roster. It just makes him the only known quantity.

claymore
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
2 weeks ago Eddie Royal gave us "the best chance to win" because he knows the playbook and has experience. Now it's clear that Decker is a better #2 and probably overall WR.

Just because Orton is starting it doesn't make him the best QB on this roster. It just makes him the only known quantity.

Ortons a shitty QB, he needs a bigger bodied guy. I dont blame Eddie, I blame Our QB.

Skacorica
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Having gone to CSU, I loved BVP, but thats laughable. The problem is, I can't tell if you are just trolling or if you believe that.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Ortons a shitty QB, he needs a bigger bodied guy. I dont blame Eddie, I blame Our QB.

I blame our QB as well, he sucks. Try a different one, even if they don't look as good in practice.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Having gone to CSU, I loved BVP, but thats laughable. The problem is, I can't tell if you are just trolling or if you believe that.

I'm pretty serious, but I know people have a hard time grasping this.

How am I wrong?

Because of things that happened in college? Andre Ware was a hell of a quarterback at Florida State. Tommie Frazier won two national championships. Eric Crouch was a great college quarterback. So was Troy Smith, Gino Torretta and David Klingler.

This isn't college.

Tebow and BVP have extremely similar skill sets. One went to Colorado State. The other went to Florida. And, right now, that's about the only difference I see.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Orton's decision making skills are among the worst I've seen. He's not a bad QB, but he rarely makes decisions that actually benefit the team. Whether or not Tebow makes better decisions can only be found out when he actually faces being a full time starting NFL QB.

Tebow wants to win, it will be ugly but it would be a win.

Here is something funny, Fox will put Tebow in at the Pats game because he knows we do not stand a chance. Fox may say well I will show them and put Tebow in to "show" just how bad Tebow is. Funny thing, playing Tebow may just make it a closer game.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Hmmm! I wonder who the one YES is!:lol:

Slick
09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Mo, you're right in that stud college qb's flame out in the nfl frequently, but tebow was way better than bvp in college. Dont be silly.

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Who is the one fool who said yes?

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Mo, you're right in that stud college qb's flame out in the nfl frequently, but tebow was way better than bvp in college. Dont be silly.

Was that because he was at Florida, or was the because is better? I could make a legitimate argument that winning a conference title and slotting yourself in the Top 25 at the end of the year at Colorado State is more impressive than Tebow's National Championship.

Either way, how does that translate to the NFL and their specific skill sets? This isn't a joke, and I'm not trolling.

I also hope Tebow proves me wrong.

Buff
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Was that because he was at Florida, or was the because is better? I could make a legitimate argument that winning a conference title and slotting yourself in the Top 25 at the end of the year at Colorado State is more impressive than Tebow's National Championship.

Either way, how does that translate to the NFL and their specific skill sets? This isn't a joke, and I'm not trolling.

What your argument completely discounts is that BVP is a hot-headed uber douche and Timothy Richard is an undisputed leader of men.

But their skill sets are also worlds apart. No one was thinking about spending a 1 or a 2 on BVP.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
What your argument completely discounts is that BVP is a hot-headed uber douche and Timothy Richard is an undisputed leader of men.

But their skill sets are also worlds apart. No one was thinking about spending a 1 or a 2 on BVP.

Only Josh McDaniels was thinking about that for Tebow too. I know everyone loves that guy.

Buff
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Only Josh McDaniels was thinking about that for Tebow too. I know everyone loves that guy.

I still contend Minnesota was considering it, even though they deny it.

But even so, can we just agree that everyone hates BVP and move on?

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I still content Minnesota was considering it, even though they deny it.

But even so, can we just agree that everyone hates BVP and move on?

CU alums don't count.

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey, who's the douchebag who skewed the poll by answering YES!!!

:lol:

atwater27
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM

Josh McDaniels voted.

Dzone
09-25-2011, 05:38 PM
maybe topscribe snuck on here...LOL...his love for orton will never die

Dzone
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
If we lose to GB and then San Diego and end up 1-4, that is going to suck so bad.

Slick
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM

tebow may flame out. I'll agree with you there.

getlynched47
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15641635

Kyle Orton put the Broncos in position for a game-tying FG before he had a pass tipped by Titans DE Jason Jones and intercepted by LB Will Witherspoon on the Titans’ 30-yard line. “We had a couple of first downs and were moving,” Orton said. “He just got his hand up – not much you can do about it.”

Your passes were batted like 5 times today. That's a problem that falls on YOUR shoulders.

Douchebag

JaxBroncoGirl

By the way Lynch is my all time favorite. The man had swagger and toughness.

Thnikkaman
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Have you seen the plays we run? I could run them.

We have a natural born leader on this team. He's currently riding the pine so Fox can make a point.

qft

Dzone
09-25-2011, 05:49 PM
With Fox, we have a damn good shot at 1-15

Joel
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Andre Ware was a hell of a quarterback at Florida State.
He was an even better one at the University of Houston. ;) Not that that really undermines your argument; Houstons Red Gun offense was the talk of college football at the time and automatically put the spotlight on any QB lucky enough to be at the helm.

As to the poll, it's hard to be sure Orton's not the best QB on the roster, because we have SO MANY other weaknesses. However, I haven't seen anything from him (though I admit I haven't been able to see many games the past few years) that makes me think he would do much better with more help. There's no bright spot or particular talent I can point to and say, "If we didn't have all these other problems, if he didn't face so many other obstacles because of weaknesses on the line, in the running game, or at receiver, his great x might make him a Pro Bowler and champion."

Consequently, no, I don't believe in Orton because he's given me nothing in which to believe, only a fools desperate hope that he'll play better than I expect and drag the team to victory rather than playing at the same level as what we have to accept is a poor team. I'd rather see Tebow and would prefer to see Quinn, because they MIGHT win and I know Orton CAN'T.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
We won't win a game til KC at home.

BTW, anyone who thought Orton was anything but below average has been proven wrong this season.

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I believe he'll eventually lose his starting job for the Broncos, at least I'm counting on it.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Apollo
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM
I believe he'll eventually lose his starting job for the Broncos, at least I'm counting on it.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I think he'll be starter until we are mathematically out of the playoffs...because he gives us the 'best chance'.

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Orton is a game manager, I just wish he could manage to win more than he loses.

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
He was an even better one at the University of Houston. ;) Not that that really undermines your argument; Houstons Red Gun offense was the talk of college football at the time and automatically put the spotlight on any QB lucky enough to be at the helm.

As to the poll, it's hard to be sure Orton's not the best QB on the roster, because we have SO MANY other weaknesses. However, I haven't seen anything from him (though I admit I haven't been able to see many games the past few years) that makes me think he would do much better with more help. There's no bright spot or particular talent I can point to and say, "If we didn't have all these other problems, if he didn't face so many other obstacles because of weaknesses on the line, in the running game, or at receiver, his great x might make him a Pro Bowler and champion."

Consequently, no, I don't believe in Orton because he's given me nothing in which to believe, only a fools desperate hope that he'll play better than I expect and drag the team to victory rather than playing at the same level as what we have to accept is a poor team. I'd rather see Tebow and would prefer to see Quinn, because they MIGHT win and I know Orton CAN'T.

Charlie Ward is pissed.

Point still stands.

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I bet 80% or better of Bronco fans want this turd flushed.

Benetto
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Orton is a tumor left behind when the Mcdaniels cancer was removed.

I never believed in him...Never will. He will always continue to **** up games for us.
For gods sake we had the ball with 4 min down by 3!!!!!!!! **** YOU Orton!!

Joel
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
"He gives us the best chance to win"

This should have been the tip-off. It is an absolute classic in bad Coach-speak. I have Never heard it used outside of the following context

"My decisions were bad. They have been proven wrong by events. I am running out of ideas and excuses, but I have now painted myself into a corner. What I need is a plausible excuse to change course without admitting I screwed this up but good"

It is a variant of "I plan to put the best players on the field"
I fear this may be the case; as you note, the language is a huge red flag. Coaches can't afford to seem so indecisive and unconfident that they let the vassilations of each weeks public opinion run their team; that invites owners to find someone who will run the team themselves. Unfortunately, the practical need to avoid that perception often results in coaches stubbornly clinging to models they know as well as anyone don't work, simply to make clear fans can't push them into change (even the right change.) One way or another, bad coaching decisions usually change sooner or later, but it often takes a mountain of bad box scores before a coach feels he can credibly say he's trying something new for that reason rather than because fans or the media forced his hand.

Orton's the most qualified, which is much of why he's starting; that doesn't guarantee he's the most capable or effective, though TC reports strongly argue Tebow won't (yet) be too effective so long as Fox is calling plays.

I hope Tebow is better than that. But you see how bad Orton is, and we know Quinn isn't very good, and yet Tebow can't beat either out for the job.
I don't know that Quinn is any such thing: I know that he looked bad playing for some pretty awful Browns teams, but if I had a nickel for every QB like that in the last decade I could pay his salary. I know he went to a school with a pro style offense and started half a season in the pro league where he's been a player for going on five years, which makes him a lot more qualified to start than a second year QB who won his starting college job on his ability to run, break tack tackles and throw the ball a long way downfield in the general direction of the goal line.

Mike
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15641635

Your passes were batted like 5 times today. That's a problem that falls on YOUR shoulders.

Douchebag

That's his problem. He accepts losses like it's ho-hum. He plays football like that too. He is a worthless bum.

Denver will lose. They have too many garbage players to compete against the teams on our schedule. I would rather lose with a QB with some potential than with a veteran who has none. Screw the bum and the bums who keep sticking with him.

igoe4broncos
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
LOL. Only one person has voted yes.

Who wants to step up and claim it?

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
No one will unless it's after orton starts winning, which I don't expect to happen.

atwater27
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
LOL. Only one person has voted yes.

Who wants to step up and claim it?

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/McDumb_42.gif

claymore
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
No one will unless it's after orton starts winning, which I don't expect to happen.

We all know it was either Orton himself or Topscribe. :D

#24 Next Champ
09-25-2011, 06:35 PM
He is the worst thing on this team and I sware I hope he gets injured or just oddly decides to retire because I can't stand watching his pathetic ass anymore and EFX will rapidly IS rapidly losing fan support because of their stupid stubborn ways...and it's disgusting Elway is allowing this JOKE of an offense to continue

sneakers
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Yes, I believe that Kyle Orton exists, so I voted "yes".

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Thanks for skewing the poll, smart-ass

Buff
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Way to eff up the entire thread.

Bugs Baloney
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I have such little belief in Orton that I might stop watching all together. :salute:

Buff
09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
I have such little belief in Orton that I might stop watching all together. :salute:

There is a part of me that desperately wants to stop subjecting myself to this pain. But I am physically incapable of skipping NFL Sundays. Or college football saturdays. And both of my teams are miserably bad. It's excruciating.

Bugs Baloney
09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
I bet 99% or better of Bronco fans want this turd flushed.

edited for accuracy....

BroncoNut
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM
it's a lot different for me to email lindsay jones and tell her "a lot of fans don't like orton" vs. "this poll clearly shows..."

is that alright with you? :elefant:

bam

BroncoNut
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
maybe topscribe snuck on here...LOL...his love for orton will never die

I think today's performance put the final nail in the never see Top post here again coffin (or whatever)

atwater27
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
There is a part of me that desperately wants to stop subjecting myself to this pain. But I am physically incapable of skipping NFL Sundays. Or college football saturdays. And both of my teams are miserably bad. It's excruciating.

that's what fantasy football is for. To establish some sort of enjoyment of football when your team sucks ass.

Buff
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
that's what fantasy football is for. To establish some sort of enjoyment of football when your team sucks ass.

I drafted Peyton Manning in both of my leagues.

:dead:

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Ouch.

And Arian Foster? :D

atwater27
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

Lord have mercy. Well, there is one thing that sucks more than your NFl team sucking. Having both our NFL team and your fantasy team sucking. :D

MOtorboat
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

At least you're not getting pounded by Clay after publicly taunting him this morning.

:couch:

BroncoNut
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
At least you're not getting pounded by Clay after publicly taunting him this morning.

:couch:

whoa buddy. TMI

getlynched47
09-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Whoa, we hit 100!!!

http://crazysignguy.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/touchdown.jpg

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 11:38 PM
There are 2 blind posters... They must only get to LISTEN to the games, not watch them.

Thnikkaman
09-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Kyle Orton doesn't throw the long ball because he is afraid to get hit. He does well in practice because he knows he isn't going to get hit. If he wasn't such a ******* *****, maybe we would be 3-0.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Kyle Orton doesn't throw the long ball because he is afraid to get hit. He does well in practice because he knows he isn't going to get hit. If he wasn't such a ******* *****, maybe we would be 3-0.

I think thats the answer we have all been searching for. Makes total sense to me. That and he goes as emotionally fragile as a 14 year old girl in the 4th Quarter if a game is close. If we're getting blown out he'll rack up yards throwing underneath the deep zone coverage

http://www.kiddiematinee.com/images/katy_kurtzman_crying.jpg

Thnikkaman
09-26-2011, 08:43 AM
I think thats the answer we have all been searching for. Makes total sense to me. That and he goes as emotionally fragile as a 14 year old girl in the 4th Quarter if a game is close. If we're getting blown out he'll rack up yards throwing underneath the deep zone coverage

http://www.kiddiematinee.com/images/katy_kurtzman_crying.jpg

Totally. There is no question about his capability of throwing a long pass, he just won't do it unless there is little to no chance that he will take it in the chin. I'm not questioning his toughness because he has shown that he can take a hit, and get back up from it on occasion. The bottom line is that KO lets fear rule him. He has the physical tools to be a middle of the road QB in the NFL, but he won't let himself live up to that potential.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 12:15 PM

hilarious.

arapaho2
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
i have been a true fan for as long as i can remember...craig morton days, rick upchurch days, haven moses days

and through it all, from the beginning i have been pissed and ranted about every loss...with every failed drive, with every turnover and exilerated with every great play, hit, defensive stop or TD...and proud of every W

i have lived for sundays, for the chance to watch my team the broncos win the first superbowl, thier second and hopefully another

now....with another year of orton...thats all basicaly gone...all that emotion has been replaced with a numb blank stare ...for every great defensive stop, hit, or offensive td has brought little excitement because i know

we still start orton...and chances are...were gonna lose

whats sad is...even in bad years of before...i went into every game thinking we would win

now i go in thinking...i'd be surprised if we won

the sooner orton is gone...the better

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Totally. There is no question about his capability of throwing a long pass, he just won't do it unless there is little to no chance that he will take it in the chin. I'm not questioning his toughness because he has shown that he can take a hit, and get back up from it on occasion. The bottom line is that KO lets fear rule him. He has the physical tools to be a middle of the road QB in the NFL, but he won't let himself live up to that potential.

He plays not make mistakes.

Dreadnought
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
He plays not make mistakes.

And yet he makes them anyway. All the downside of a Cutler, none of the upside. Lose/Lose

Thnikkaman
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
He plays to not make mistakes.

More like plays to not win. His inability to sacrifice his body makes his screen passes less effective, and takes away the long ball

TXBRONC
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
And yet he makes them anyway. All the downside of a Cutler, none of the upside. Lose/Lose

Woody Paige pointed in an article recently that Orton gets high praise for not making a lot of mistakes but the problem is when he does make them it usually a critical juncture of the game.

sneakers
09-27-2011, 01:22 AM
LOL This poll is too funny. Sorry I screwed it up by voting "yes" (as in yes I believe he exists).

fvkw
09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
i have been a true fan for as long as i can remember...craig morton days, rick upchurch days, haven moses days

and through it all, from the beginning i have been pissed and ranted about every loss...with every failed drive, with every turnover and exilerated with every great play, hit, defensive stop or TD...and proud of every W

i have lived for sundays, for the chance to watch my team the broncos win the first superbowl, thier second and hopefully another

now....with another year of orton...thats all basicaly gone...all that emotion has been replaced with a numb blank stare ...for every great defensive stop, hit, or offensive td has brought little excitement because i know

whats sad is...even in bad years of before...i went into every game thinking we would win

You know I feel the same way, and became a fan in 1976!!!! Can only hope things get better!

D1g1tal j1m
09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
http://images15.fotki.com/v2/photos/8/58598/10092843/kyleortonisbackandwill-vi.jpg

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 11:23 AM
He is barely better then Tavaris Jackson at this point, what does that say about him?

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
I would conclude the Kyle can be productive between the 40's at this point.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
I think the broncos need a spark, something to snap the streak they are in and Orton just cant do it.

Juriga72
09-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Meh... I hope Kyle has success in his next endeavor

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
meh... I hope kyle has success in his next endeavor

cfl?

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I guess the consensus is that Kyle sucks.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I think the broncos need a spark, something to snap the streak they are in and Orton just cant do it.

In 3 out of 3 games so far this year Orton has either had a chance to win on the final drive (OAK, TEN) or put the game away on the final drive (CIN).

He failed each time...

I think that's all we need to know about Kyle Orton.

girler
09-27-2011, 05:01 PM

You have summed my feelings up exactly. :salute:

getlynched47
09-27-2011, 07:18 PM
LOL This poll is too funny. Sorry I screwed it up by voting "yes" (as in yes I believe he exists).

You voting yes along with 4 other blind mice.

horsepig
09-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Back to raking the leaves Sunday afternoons, at least while the off. is on the field. Christ on a crutch, they're even boring on a long scoring drive.

BroncoNut
09-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Back to raking the leaves Sunday afternoons, at least while the off. is on the field. Christ on a crutch, they're even boring on a long scoring drive.

I may miss this game and I don't really care.

Nomad
09-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Trees are starting to get really bare here. I'll be glad when all the leaves drop so my wife gets off my back to rake and before it starts snowing.

I may miss this game and I don't really care.

It's the game of the week and will be shown in Maryland.

BroncoStud
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Games are not as fun to watch anymore. I find myself just getting annoyed watching our offense, our QB. To be honest the only fun I have is watching to see improvement on defense. That is where my attention goes. I could care less what the offense does. I've read that boring book for 2 + years now.

girler
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
It's even getting boring thinking of new insults for Orton every time he throws away an important down. That is a VERY sad state of affairs. :tsk:

girler
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
It's the game of the week and will be shown in Maryland.

Maybe if you're lucky, we'll get behind really fast, and they'll switch to another game. :coffee:

getlynched47
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Bumpadity bump bump.

Gotta see if this poll changes now after Orton threw two 4th quarter interceptions and a pick-6?

Agent of Orange
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Bumpadity bump bump.

Gotta see if this poll changes now after Orton threw two 4th quarter interceptions and a pick-6?

100 people have already voted. Can people vote twice? Besides, its already at 100% since the 4% are basically the trolls.

sneakers
10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
100 people have already voted. Can people vote twice? Besides, its already at 100% since the 4% are basically the trolls.

Hey! I voted "yes" because I misunderstood the question.

MOtorboat
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Without this poll I would not have been able to tell if fans dislike the quarterback.

Thanks for the poll, fellas, I feel so much smarter.