PDA

View Full Version : 3-0

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 03:09 PM
That's what this team COULD have been with a real leader at QB.

Yes there are lots of other glaring issues, but no one can argue that Kyle Orton is not holding this team back.

He is a disgrace to the entire Broncos organization and I BEG and PLEAD that someone with a brain at Dove Valley can pull their head out of where ever its stuck and put SOMEONE with some leadership and passion in at the QB position. We are doomed with this fool we call Kyle Orton.

:mad:

Thank you, that is all.

silkamilkamonico
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Alot wrong with our offense.

1 - We need a QB. Period.

2 - Our oline is average at best.

3 - We do not have 1 player, not 1, who can make a play. We don't have 1 player on this team that we can just find a way to get him the ball and something might happen.

4 - I believe we have a completely inept coaching staff from an offensive standpoint.

I don't think I have ever watched a Denver offensive where 4 yards looks like a mile.

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Alot wrong with our offense.

1 - We need a QB. Period.

2 - Our oline is average at best.

3 - We do not have 1 player, not 1, who can make a play. We don't have 1 player on this team that we can just find a way to get him the ball and something might happen.

4 - I believe we have a completely inept coaching staff from an offensive standpoint.

I don't think I have ever watched a Denver offensive where 4 yards looks like FOREVER.

Its very sad. But, we've been in every game so far. If we can at the very least get some action from our QB, things would be very different. IMO, thats where it all starts on O.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I thought QB protection was GREAT today. Best it's been all season.

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 03:21 PM
I thought QB protection was GREAT today. Best it's been all season.

I would agree with that actually. Yet... same outcome with the fainting goat.

hmmmmm

chazoe60
09-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Our QB is just pathetic.

Buff
09-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Unless another QB could also slow down Darren McFadden, I think 2-1 is more realistic.

BroncoStud
09-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Unless another QB could also slow down Darren McFadden, I think 2-1 is more realistic.

Bull... If Orton doesn't have the fumble and we actually get points out of that drive it's possibly game over right there.

BroncoBJ
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Everyone needs to just relax. Kyle Orton is a winner. :elefant:

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I say we let Orton start next week so we can truly see how terrible he is against a legit D. Then lets make the change at QB. Quinn/Tebow and go from there. Let's start planning for the future and see what we're working with at QB.

Sinthor
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Absolutely. By the Bye week now, the Broncos will be 1-4 barring a miracle. They MUST make a change at that point. Put Tebow in and lets see if they need to draft a new QB in this QB rich draft or if they can focus on other needs. We've seen this show before over the past 2 years. It DOESN'T get any better.

As for one comment, the sad part is that we DO have playmakers on the offense that could do something Lloyd, althoug dinged is still dangerous and Willis and Decker look like budding stars. If only the QB could get the ball to them with any consistency. But to do that, the QB must be able to extend plays and that's something Orton cannot do save for once in a blue moon. THAT is one of the biggest reasons they should have Tebow in the game.

Also, how can this coaching staff justify not using Tebow in special packages at least like was done last year? This team would not have won 4 games last year if they hadn't done this. They need to wake up NOW!

RebelRocker
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
That's what this team COULD have been with a real leader at QB.

Yes there are lots of other glaring issues, but no one can argue that Kyle Orton is not holding this team back.

He is a disgrace to the entire Broncos organization and I BEG and PLEAD that someone with a brain at Dove Valley can pull their head out of where ever its stuck and put SOMEONE with some leadership and passion in at the QB position. We are doomed with this fool we call Kyle Orton.

:mad:

Thank you, that is all.

I have been an Orton supporter from his time in Chicago, but today he clearly proved to me that he doesn't have what it takes to get it done. You could argue that he lost us both of those games. It's looking more and more likely that our QBOTF is currently playing on Saturday's right now and it'll just be a matter of months before he makes Denver his new home.

RebelRocker
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Absolutely. By the Bye week now, the Broncos will be 1-4 barring a miracle. They MUST make a change at that point. Put Tebow in and lets see if they need to draft a new QB in this QB rich draft or if they can focus on other needs. We've seen this show before over the past 2 years. It DOESN'T get any better.

As for one comment, the sad part is that we DO have playmakers on the offense that could do something Lloyd, althoug dinged is still dangerous and Willis and Decker look like budding stars. If only the QB could get the ball to them with any consistency. But to do that, the QB must be able to extend plays and that's something Orton cannot do save for once in a blue moon. THAT is one of the biggest reasons they should have Tebow in the game.

Also, how can this coaching staff justify not using Tebow in special packages at least like was done last year? This team would not have won 4 games last year if they hadn't done this. They need to wake up NOW!

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?;)

If the coaching staff doesn't feel like they need to make a package for Tebow, then surely they don't think enough of him to be the starting QB, if a change is made.

lgenf
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM

Completely wrong

We have a guy, but he's sitting on the sidelines waiting for his chance to get in the game

He wears the 15 jersey

All he does is make plays, some bad some good, but at least he makes plays!

camdisco24
09-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Completely wrong

We have a guy, but he's sitting on the sidelines waiting for his chance to get in the game

He wears the 15 jersey

I'm starting to believe in the Tebowites.

Actually, I'm just so disgusted with Orton that my vision is impaired, but I sure hope you're right.

Day1BroncoFan
09-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Everyone needs to just relax. Kyle Orton is a weiner. :elefant:

Fixed.

Nomad
09-25-2011, 06:42 PM

He kicked ass against the Jets today.

silkamilkamonico
09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Completely wrong

He wears the 15 jersey

Completely wrong. This guy can't even beat out the god forsaken QB, Kyle Orton.

jhildebrand
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
This guy can't even beat out the god forsaken QB, Kyle Orton.

When the competition was designed for Orton to win :coffee:

Denver won't be favored again until week 10 against KC and who knows even then if that will be the case.

I said @ Miami was a loss and @ Buffalo. I questioned the PS game if Buffalo didn't want to show much after their first drive (which ate our D alive) knowing we would play in the regular season.

All I can hope for at that point is Buff will be fighting for a WC and we can keep em home and return the favor.

wayninja
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM

I disagree. I don't find a ton of fault with our offensive play-calling (besides the 4th and goal today). It's the execution that is lacking.

BroncoTech
09-26-2011, 12:37 AM

And Hillis couldn't beat out Buchhalter by your limited sense of observation. What's with our best players sitting on the bench anyway?

I Eat Staples
09-26-2011, 01:03 AM

This can be said about any player. All Cassius Vaughn does is make plays, they're just always bad ones.

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2011, 02:13 AM
And Hillis couldn't beat out Buchhalter by your limited sense of observation. What's with our best players sitting on the bench anyway?

Forget Tebow beating out Orton, he apparently isn't even beating out Brady Quinn. Hillis is twice the RB Buckhalter was and anyone actually following football can see that.

Traveler
09-26-2011, 05:23 AM
Anyone remember the statistic they flashed on the screen about Orton's scoring ratio in the redzone?

Something like 53 TD's and 6 FG"S. I laughed when I saw it. They need to take that one step further and break it down just with his time with the Broncos.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Every team in the league (sans probably the Chiefs) could make a good argument about why they should be 3-0.

zbeg
09-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Anyone remember the statistic they flashed on the screen about Orton's scoring ratio in the redzone?

Something like 53 TD's and 6 FG"S. I laughed when I saw it. They need to take that one step further and break it down just with his time with the Broncos.

He's got 55 career redzone touchdown passes and 3 career INTs. I don't know what it was when he left Chicago, but a SI article dated from September of last year had him at 39 TDs, 3 INTs. So in his last sixteen starts, he averages a RZ touchdown per game and essentially never turns the ball over.

The canard that Orton is awful in the red zone has always baffled me. 55 to 3. That's completely absurd.

Tned
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Forget Tebow beating out Orton, he apparently isn't even beating out Brady Quinn. Hillis is twice the RB Buckhalter was and anyone actually following football can see that.

The point he was making, is that if you want to claim "he can't even beat out ______" then the same was true of Hillis and look what kind of player he was.

BigSarge87
09-26-2011, 08:20 AM
He's got 55 career redzone touchdown passes and 3 career INTs. I don't know what it was when he left Chicago, but a SI article dated from September of last year had him at 39 TDs, 3 INTs. So in his last sixteen starts, he averages a RZ touchdown per game and essentially never turns the ball over.

The canard that Orton is awful in the red zone has always baffled me. 55 to 3. That's completely absurd.

They left out important parts of those stat lines, it should look like this:

55 TD's, 3 INT's, and 2,432 Field goal attempts with 6,845 passes thrown into the stands.

In all fairness, Orton was good in the redzone yesterday. Just not good out of it, which was really weird.

Mike
09-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Prater thinks Orton is #1 in the RZ.

chazoe60
09-26-2011, 08:31 AM
In all honesty, how many QBs are performing worse than Orton this season? The guy is one of our worst players, and this is in a contract year for him. Could you imagine if he was extended, how much of a lethargic lack of urgency would he show then?

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 08:35 AM
In all honesty, how many QBs are performing worse than Orton this season? The guy is one of our worst players, and this is in a contract year for him. Could you imagine if he was extended, how much of a lethargic lack of urgency would he show then?

All 3 QBs (along with MANY of the other players) will be gone at seasons end.
This is called rebuilding, folks. Enjoy the NFL.

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM
We aren't rebuilding squat. Fox already said he thought he could win NOW, like he did in Carolina. Reality is a bitch though. We'll start the rebuild next year I assume, once Fox needs it as an excuse to keep his job.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 09:26 AM
All 3 QBs (along with MANY of the other players) will be gone at seasons end.
This is called rebuilding, folks. Enjoy the NFL.

No way we ditch Tebow. That would be a monumental waste of a first round pick. Its way to early to give up on him.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Every team in the league (sans probably the Chiefs) could make a good argument about why they should be 3-0.

Uhhh no. Not many teams blew games in the fashion our Denver Broncos did week 1 and week 3. Our losses we avoidable that's my whole point.

SOCALORADO.
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
No way we ditch Tebow. That would be a monumental waste of a first round pick. Its way to early to give up on him.

Clearly the FO doesnt thinks hes a 1st round pick. And he never was there pick. Ever.
All 3 QBs will be gone at seasons end.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Uhhh no. Not many teams blew games in the fashion our Denver Broncos did week 1 and week 3. Our losses we avoidable that's my whole point.

11 teams lost one-score games this week.

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Clearly the FO doesnt thinks hes a 1st round pick. And he never was there pick. Ever.
All 3 QBs will be gone at seasons end.

I kinda hope so.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 10:21 AM

I wonder how many had their QB throw an INT on the last drive...again...

BroncoNut
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I kinda hope so.

We would lose some membership here though. Posters which I have grown close to. that would make me sad I would think.

Hey Joe, fine, if you're gonna be a dick about it, Can youi post more pics of your daughters?

thanks, nut :hi:

BroncoStud
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Broncos and Chiefs. It could be worse, we could have given Cassel a $63 MILLION contract like our buddies in KC...

slim
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh my.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

ok cool. But did any of them blow the games like our Denver Broncos did?

I really don't care about other teams TBH. I want my Broncos to win every week. We had a chance in our 2 losses and BOTH were blown by Mr. Kyle Orton. Any argument against that is empty as far as I'm concerned.

Buff
09-26-2011, 10:34 AM
ok cool. But did any of them blow the games like our Denver Broncos did?

I really don't care about other teams TBH. I want my Broncos to win every week. We had a chance in our 2 losses and BOTH were blown by Mr. Kyle Orton. Any argument against that is empty as far as I'm concerned.

The only fans feeling worse than us are Vikings fans. They've blown three double digit leads in three weeks and they have Adrian Peterson on their team.

And maybe the Chiefs, because their coach is Josh McD v.2.0.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Five.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Five.

Ahh..so he has company at the bottom.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Five.

So Orton is one of the top 5 least-clutch QB's this week.

Thanks for the stats.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Ahh..so he has company at the bottom.

Yeah, so its fairly common for games to end on interceptions. This week it didn't happen to anyone elite in the last drive, but I would take Orton over the other four who did it this week (Henne, Cassel, Kolb, Dalton) in final drive situations, but also keep in mind Tommy Terrific had four interceptions of his own...

Like I said, just about every team out there can make a case for their team being 3-0, except maybe the Chiefs.

So Tebow wouldn't make this team 3-0 simply with his presence.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, so its fairly common for games to end on interceptions. This week it didn't happen to anyone elite in the last drive, but I would take Orton over the other four who did it this week (Henne, Cassel, Kolb, Dalton) in final drive situations, but also keep in mind Tommy Terrific had four interceptions of his own...

Like I said, just about every team out there can make a case for their team being 3-0, except maybe the Chiefs.

Like I said, we're the only team that had one guy that blew it for the entire team. Kyle Orton is the common denominator no matter how you twist it.

Is there an echo in here?

BORDERLINE
09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Broncos and Chiefs. It could be worse, we could have given Cassel a $63 MILLION contract like our buddies in KC...

Hey Cassel did go to the playoffs last year. Just Saying...the playoffs look like a little spec of light from where we are at:tsk:

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Like I said, we're the only team that had one guy that blew it for the entire team. Kyle Orton is the common denominator no matter how you twist it.

Is there an echo in here?

LOL... let's get out the pitch forks!

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
LOL... let's get out the pitch forks!

nah, lets just keep sucking with Orton. nbd. I'm enjoying us losing, i'll keep quiet now.

vandammage13
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM

And then there's Orton's body of work...

Noticable pattern of late game failures there.

BORDERLINE
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
The Titans and Raiders where giving us those games and without the phantom fumble and the pick at the end we could have had a great chance to win those games

1st and Goal on the 4 yard line, you have to get seven I Don't give a S*** what anybody says, 1 yard gains on 4 downs and you have a TD.

The 1st down play call was dodo, did Orton really just have one option on that play. He didn't see what he liked and he just threw it away just mere seconds of him snapping the ball. A wasted down in the redzone is the reason we suck in it.

All day Willis kept rushing inside, inside, inside, on some of those runs the outside looked like a viable option to bounce it to, but I guess willis doesn't feel he has the speed. We need a fast RB, Moreno isn't it, Willis isn't it. Sproles was out there in FA aside from not getting a stout DT we missed on getting an explosive player.

3-0 could have happened should have happened but it did not. The QB dictates so much, yesterday night in a tight game you saw Big Ben rush for ten yards at the end to get the steelers in FG range. A dimension that Orton lacks is the ability to gain yards on his feet on a consistent level. On that 1st down on the Titans 4 where Orton threw it away, I can see Tebow tucking in the ball and heading to the endzone.

Yeah i agree most times the best play is throwing it away and live to play another down, but in Denver's case where we lack the playmaker to overcome our constant "suckness" in the redzone Tebow can be that guy that get's it in.

It seems like EFX has no real plan set in place and that disturbs me a lot. Xanders kept the job on a presentation he gave to Elway that took him all day to come up with.And what kind of plan get's made in one day when you have to rebuild a team with bad drafts and lack of talent spread throughout the team.

Orton is not the QB of the future and Tebow is losing valuable time under center when games do count. After the 09 season we where a team in free fall and after last year we almost hit rock bottom and notice i said almost because the first pick in the draft was not us. I chalked up last season as an anomaly never had I seen Denver pick so low and hope we wouldn't make a habit of it like some teams *raiders/bengals/bills/lions* but i'm becoming more and more receptive to the idea that this team is just lacking that one person who puts an end to all this BS. A coach or player who ever needs to step up and do it and it starts on the field. We might have that guy on our sideline and if we don't we better find him.

wayninja
09-26-2011, 11:58 AM

Actually, I would make the case that we should be 0-3.

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Tebow never had a chance. When the draft fell through and you are paying a Qb that much. Why not take advantage of the fact you are stuck with him nad focus on coaching the "next guy up"? Denver would not pay Orton that much to ride the pine if they think he can do as well as the "next guy up".

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 12:55 PM

dude....he was a F***ing rookie. And 3 games means sh** when looking at how a QB will turn out in this league. If teams evaluated based off 3 games....Tebow might be in league and Elway would have been cut. League would be full of Cam Netwons and teams would draft a new QB every other year in order to find the next Manning. The instant impact QB, which is rare.

Only thing that 3 games can show you is that he can survive the NFL, not be good, great, bad, terrible, pan out or not.

I Eat Staples
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Nah, Oakland outplayed us. We definitely should have won this week though. Both Orton and our defense ****** up when it actually mattered.

camdisco24
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Nah, Oakland outplayed us. We definitely should have won this week though. Both Orton and our defense ****** up when it actually mattered.

I wouldn't argue that they outplayed us. But we were still in that game (sad on Oaklands part, should have been a blowout). Orton had the ability to lead us to a win (or chance at winning) until he phantom fumbled that ball. But yeah.... it is what it is. I'm just getting tired of it like everyone else.

MOtorboat
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
dude....he was a F***ing rookie. And 3 games means sh** when looking at how a QB will turn out in this league. If teams evaluated based off 3 games....Tebow might be in league and Elway would have been cut. League would be full of Cam Netwons and teams would draft a new QB every other year in order to find the next Manning. The instant impact QB, which is rare.

Only thing that 3 games can show you is that he can survive the NFL, not be good, great, bad, terrible, pan out or not.

What are you talking about?

We're discussing the three games played in 2011. Tebow has only appeared as a wide receiver. And my point is that had he started those games, it doesn't automatically make this team 3-0. In fact, that argument, that simply by playing him, we would be 3-0, is absurd.