PDA

View Full Version : Ok, If we want to win the division we'll have to earn it!

Greatspirits
12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Initially I was upset the Chiefs blew the game to the Chargers but after thinking about it I would rather the Broncos earn there right to the division instead of having it handed to them by someone else losing. This week is there one chance to win the AFC West. If they lose to Buffalo the season's over. :salute:

MOtorboat
12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
If Denver doesn't win this division, it's the wprst meltdown I've witnessed.

Italianmobstr7
12-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Initially I was upset the Chiefs blew the game to the Chargers but after thinking about it I would rather the Broncos earn there right to the division instead of having it handed to them by someone else losing. This week is there one chance to win the AFC West. If they lose to Buffalo the season's over. :salute:

If we lose to Buffalo, the Chargers can still lose to the Bucs and we win. Also, even if we lose and the Chargers win, we can still beat the Chargers and win the division. Once again, this season is not over. Hopefully we can put it away next week, but even if we don't we still get another chance.

Shazam!
12-14-2008, 11:12 PM
I have zero confidence in Denver going to SD with the Division on the line and winning that game. They'd get demolished. SD would be SOOOO motivated to win it wouldn't be funny.

Greatspirits
12-14-2008, 11:14 PM
If we lose to Buffalo, the Chargers can still lose to the Bucs and we win. Also, even if we lose and the Chargers win, we can still beat the Chargers and win the division. Once again, this season is not over. Hopefully we can put it away next week, but even if we don't we still get another chance.

Sorry dude! But if it comes down to it, we will not beat the Chargers in that last game. Guaranteed! I would bet my house on it!!

Italianmobstr7
12-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, you can think what you want, but anything can happen on any given Sunday. We can beat San Diego. We can beat them on the road, at home, on a neutral field. We can beat them anywhere. They can beat us too. It's football. Crazy things happen all the time. Regardless of what you THINK, or "guarantee" doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that Denver can win in week 17 if it comes down to it. I wouldn't put money on it, but it COULD happen.

Shazam!
12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Tampa really needs that game next Sunday after a stunning loss to Atlanta today. After losing two games in a row, Tampa needs the game and is playing at home.

Win or lose vs. Buffalo Sunday, Denver will be default AFC West champions Sunday via SD's loss.

honz
12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd hate for it to come down to that last game, but to say that we'd have no chance in SD is ludicrous. It's not like SD is some unstoppable force this year...

CrazyHorse
12-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I hope it doesn't come down to the last game. If it does, I'm scared.
It would, however, be awesome to clinch the division in SD.
We would never hear the end of Ed Hochuli.
Maybe he'll ref that last game for us.

Shazam!
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
SD has been behind Denver all season long. It'd be a dream scenario for them on saving a Season that was otherwise lost. Also make no mistake, the Chargers HATE the Broncos. To me it's become as bitter a rivalry as the Raiders. Cutler opnely states disdain for Rivers lol

Denver certainly isn't 'some unstoppable force' either. A revenge motivated team is a huge factor. I don't see the Broncos very emotionally motivated often. Many on this Board openly say Shanahan is not a motivator.

Greatspirits
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
They just need to win on Sunday! Bottom line! If they lose at home to Buffalo they don't deserve the playoffs!

Shazam!
12-14-2008, 11:37 PM
“Time is running out. We don’t want to go into the last game with the Chargers."
-Dre Bly, Carolina/Denver postgame

JKcatch724
12-14-2008, 11:45 PM
If it comes down to the last game, we will lose. We COULD win, but we won't. That's not pessimism, it's just the truth. We don't match up well with them, and under circumstances like these, it would be major trouble.

I don't want to have to root for Tampa Bay to win, but I wouldn't mind getting a little help to get into the playoffs. It's not like we've gotten any help anyway with all these injuries...

A win against Buffalo would be a nice way to clinch it, and would kick us into playoff mode, but I'm not gonna complain either way.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2008, 11:55 PM
If Denver doesn't win this division, it's the wprst meltdown I've witnessed.

Not worse than the 1978 Red Sox :scared:
or the 86 Red Sox :scared:

or the 2007 NY Mets 6 game lead with like 12 to play to the Phillies.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2008, 11:57 PM
If it comes down to the last game, we will lose. We COULD win, but we won't. That's not pessimism, it's just the truth. We don't match up well with them, and under circumstances like these, it would be major trouble.

I don't want to have to root for Tampa Bay to win, but I wouldn't mind getting a little help to get into the playoffs. It's not like we've gotten any help anyway with all these injuries...

A win against Buffalo would be a nice way to clinch it, and would kick us into playoff mode, but I'm not gonna complain either way.

Also what is good right now is the Bucs need to win out to have a chance at the playoffs due to losing today and dallas winning. They are out with a 9-5 record. Go Bucs

and yes Go Broncos beat a Buffalo team you should win. JP lossman is dreadful handing the Jets a win today with his turnovers.

JKcatch724
12-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Also what is good right now is the Bucs need to win out to have a chance at the playoffs due to losing today and dallas winning. They are out with a 9-5 record. Go Bucs

and yes Go Broncos beat a Buffalo team you should win. JP lossman is dreadful handing the Jets a win today with his turnovers.

I have no problem being a Bucs fan next weekend. :beer:

I'll gladly take a playoff birth however it comes.

Also, is JP or Trent playing next week? Anyone know?

sneakers
12-15-2008, 05:12 AM

I dunno, the Chargers could very well give us the division next week...they play at Tampa....

LoyalSoldier
12-15-2008, 07:02 AM
The thing we have to remember is this was our hardest game of the year. We knew well before we came in that we will most likely lose. So don't be despaired just yet. Only if we blow next weeks game will I be 100% concerned.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I would hardly see it as a meltdown. Denver really isn't that good. It's not like we were 10-3 yesterday. A 10-3 team losing 3 straight is a meltdown. We were 8-5, barely above average. We lose 3 straight and we are average.

That being said, does anyone really think we get even 1 close call vs San Diego if the game means something?

We need to beat Buffalo.

Nomad
12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Last 2 years, the chargers have owned the BRONCOS and with an Ed Hochuli screw up, they would be one game up on us this year and it would have been a come-from-behind win! The games that disapponted me were Miami and Oak in Denver.

I knew Carolina was the better team but Denver could have given an effort and tried to win. I hope it comes down to the SD game to see who wins the division. I would like to see the BRONCOS earn their way to the playoffs especially by beating the Chargers, if not, then Shanahan can sport the shirt, "I am owned by Phillip Rivers"

MasterShake
12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
The thing we have to remember is this was our hardest game of the year. We knew well before we came in that we will most likely lose. So don't be despaired just yet. Only if we blow next weeks game will I be 100% concerned.

Yes, losses are upsetting but even I wasn't expecting a win. If we don't see a pumped up team kick some butt next week, then I'll be concerned, too. Personally, I think the home crowd would love to see us get the AFC West at home and the Broncos will give it to them.

Dirk
12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
I of course would love to see Denver in the playoffs, however, I also do not want to see them go out in the first game.

I am not at all warm and fuzzy that Denver would be able to go into the playoffs and make it very far. Too many injuries, too many young players, too many bad defensive games called.

I am a realist, and the "real" this season is that Shanahan has coached his best season with what he had to work with. If he makes the playoffs, he should get a decent nod for Coach of the Year. But the powers that be will over look him because of the way the defense has played all year, and the inconsistency of the offense. But to be in the hunt in December with the injuries and basically no run game...not bad at all.

Earn it? Of course, I always say you should earn what you get. However, if they get a bump by SD losing? It's just too sweet not to partake in...

SmilinAssasSin27
12-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I want to be in the playoffs. I want the newbies to experience it and have the taste in their mouths for years to come. Our record is so average that we're still gonna draft in the 16-22 range so that aspect won't be effected. I want to beat Buffalo and then start the scrubs vs SD so they can roll us and still go nowhere for the holidays.

Traveler
12-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Has a team ever won the division after giving up 30 points or more 7 times in a season? My predicition is this team will get to the playoffs, but only by default.

SD will lose this Sunday giving us the division, while Denver loses it's next two games.

MasterShake
12-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Has a team ever won the division after giving up 30 points or more 7 times in a season? My predicition is this team will get to the playoffs, but only by default.

SD will lose this Sunday giving us the division, while Denver loses it's next two games.

Thats not really default, thats us winning the west. I'll take that. SD, OAK, and KC had just as many chances to win as us and did not have five running backs on IR. We earn anything we get this year.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
We beat enough good teams this year to have "earned" it regardless of how the season ends for us. NO, SD, TB, Atlanta, NYJ are all pretty good teams. Too bad we slipped vs the Oak and KCs of the world.

MOtorboat
12-15-2008, 10:13 AM
We beat enough good teams this year to have "earned" it regardless of how the season ends for us. NO, SD, TB, Atlanta, NYJ are all pretty good teams. Too bad we slipped vs the Oak and KCs of the world.

I would agree.

I would add, its hard not to think if we get in, its because we slipped in the back door, especially because of those losses to Oakland and Kansas City. Those are really bad football teams. They have a combined win total of five, and two of those are against this football team.

But, its hard to be down about losing to a team that could clinch homefield with a win over the Giants next week. The way in which it happened is frustrating, but not the actual fact of losing to them.

MasterShake
12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I would agree.

I would add, its hard not to think if we get in, its because we slipped in the back door, especially because of those losses to Oakland and Kansas City. Those are really bad football teams. They have a combined win total of five, and two of those are against this football team.

But, its hard to be down about losing to a team that could clinch homefield with a win over the Giants next week. The way in which it happened is frustrating, but not the actual fact of losing to them.

The only back door entry to the playoffs would be if the Broncos created a hole in the damn door from exploding under pressure for the Chargers to walk in. Next Sunday will be great if we win and SD loses. I say we definitely rest who we can in SD if that happens.

jrelway
12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
if we cant beat buffalo in denver, with Losman at the helm, we dont deserve to go nowhere.