PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

spikerman
09-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Ok, I'm finally going to get to use some of my season tickets. I'm coming up with a buddy of mine for the Lions game. Does anyone know of a decent hotel near the stadium? I'm not planning on renting a car so if there is a better place to stay, but is near the light rail I would really appreciate it if you could let me know. I guess I should also ask how close the light rail will get me to the stadium.

Also, it would be good to meet some of you face to face if you all get together before (or after) the game so if there is a place to meet up, please let me know.

GEM
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
There is Hotel VQ right next to the stadium. That you could just walk to, but it isn't near anything else. Your best bet would probably be one of the hotels downtown. Minutes away, but much closer to other action. What is your price range?

GEM
09-27-2011, 01:17 PM
The Courtyard on the 16th Street Mall offers the ability to hop shuffle to Union Station where the Light Rail would take you right to the stadium. It sits on the 16th Street Mall so you would have shuttle service to restaurants and other stuff to keep you busy and is close enough to catch the light rail anywhere you want to go. The rooms look nice.

Hope that helps. :D

To answer the light rail question. We took the light rail up from Littleton and it dropped us off at the parking lot of Mile High, so very close. We walked to the front gate comfortably. Just be careful when you leave. We got lost in the dark and ended up walking an industrial area at about midnight after a MNF game. Not a great neighborhood that time of night. So just be sure where the pickup is before you go into the stadium. :D

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
There is Hotel VQ right next to the stadium. That you could just walk to, but it isn't near anything else. Your best bet would probably be one of the hotels downtown. Minutes away, but much closer to other action. What is your price range?

is that a proposition?

Tned
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I stayed at the Courtyard Gem mentioned a few months ago, it's a nice location. Right on the 16th street mall, so lots of restaraunts and bars around it. There are quite a few others hotels either on 16th or a block or two off.

I read reviews on Tripadvisor.com for that Hotel VQ that's right next door to Mile High, errr, Invesco, errr, Sports Authority Field. They are some of the worst reviews I have ever read. I would at least take a look at Trip advisor before deciding to stay there.

GEM
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM
is that a proposition?

Go bang a dog!

:D

spikerman
09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
The Courtyard on the 16th Street Mall offers the ability to hop shuffle to Union Station where the Light Rail would take you right to the stadium. It sits on the 16th Street Mall so you would have shuttle service to restaurants and other stuff to keep you busy and is close enough to catch the light rail anywhere you want to go. The rooms look nice.

Hope that helps. :D

To answer the light rail question. We took the light rail up from Littleton and it dropped us off at the parking lot of Mile High, so very close. We walked to the front gate comfortably. Just be careful when you leave. We got lost in the dark and ended up walking an industrial area at about midnight after a MNF game. Not a great neighborhood that time of night. So just be sure where the pickup is before you go into the stadium. :D

Thanks Gem! I think I'll take a look at the Courtyard. I really appreciate the help! :beer:

spikerman
09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I stayed at the Courtyard Gem mentioned a few months ago, it's a nice location. Right on the 16th street mall, so lots of restaraunts and bars around it. There are quite a few others hotels either on 16th or a block or two off.

I read reviews on Tripadvisor.com for that Hotel VQ that's right next door to Mile High, errr, Invesco, errr, Sports Authority Field. They are some of the worst reviews I have ever read. I would at least take a look at Trip advisor before deciding to stay there.

Thanks T. Do you know of any gatherings of BF members before the game?

Tned
09-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks T. Do you know of any gatherings of BF members before the game?

Sorry, I don't.

MileHighCrew
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM
i stayed at the sharraton when I was there, nice walk to the stadium and fun area

BroncoNut
09-27-2011, 08:46 PM
i stayed at the sharraton when I was there, nice walk to the stadium and fun area

this post screams "please come and stay in the gay part of town"

It is on a big walking mall by Coyote Ugly bar... so maybe I'm not sure. It was a 5 min cab ride to the adult ballet.

girler
09-28-2011, 09:11 AM

If the Sheraton is near Cheesman Park, then maybe... :whistle:

And nice sig nut. Are you talking about dogs?

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
http://www.hotelvq.com/

Been renovated - have no idea what it's like, but this is the hotel right next to the stadium.

Also, the Monaco and the Magnolia are nice, untraditional type hotels. More of a bed and breakfast atmosphere, but they're not a bed and breakfast if that makes sense.

BroncoNut
09-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Joe, can I stay in your basement on the nights of December 10 and 11?

BroncoJoe
09-28-2011, 09:34 AM
No.

Tned
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.hotelvq.com/

Been renovated - have no idea what it's like, but this is the hotel right next to the stadium.

Also, the Monaco and the Magnolia are nice, untraditional type hotels. More of a bed and breakfast atmosphere, but they're not a bed and breakfast if that makes sense.

According to Tripadvisor reviews, hotel VQ only renovated the lobby, and the rooms are in really bad shape. Again, I've never read worse reviews than the VQ on trip advisor. I'm sure there are worse, but as far as hotels I've thought about staying in, never read worse.

I think Monaco is the one right next to the Residence Inn. If so, I ate at their Italian restaurant, Panzano. Not exactly typical Italian, and a little pricey, but it was real good.

GEM
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM

You live in the pink house in the gay part of town. Your doorbell is a dog barking and your idea of Sunday Brunch is over a bowl of Alpo.

BroncoNut
09-28-2011, 11:52 AM
You live in the pink house in the gay part of town. Your doorbell is a dog barking and your idea of Sunday Brunch is over a bowl of Alpo.

Gem, they've gotten to you haven't they?