View Full Version : A Few Random Thoughts and Questions About Today's Game

topscribe
12-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Random Thoughts

Thoughts of Despair:

* Bob Slowik must go.
* Dennison must go.
* Bly must go.
* We need some emotion on the sideline. Shanahan looks like he doesn't care who wins. (I know he does, but there is no emotion.)
* We need somebody, anybody, who can rush the passer.
* Once the RBs are healthy, most of the flyweights must go. (Hillis and Torain are fine, IMO, but the others cannot break tackles.)

Thoughts of Hope:

* Our tackles are beasts. Opposing DEs might as well stay at home for the next 10 years or so.
* The LBs will be the stars of the defense next year . . . if Webster is gone.
* Woodyard can play anywhere. I think we may have found our safeties, once he and Barrett get orientated to the position.
* The sun will rise tomorrow

Random Questions

* Why were almost all the passes 10 yards and longer? What happened to cutbacks and crossing patterns?
* Why was the CB almost 15 yards off the WR on a 3rd and 4?
* What happened to the tight ends? Did they travel with the squad this week?
* If the Broncos were trying to run out the clock at the end of the 2nd half, why was a flyweight (Young) sent into the middle of the line? Why
not just kneel with the ball?

I have never before had this bad of a feeling as I do this week . . . oh wait,
I was here for the first 14 years of the franchise's existence.

Seriously, I am fired up with the Broncos this year. Why? Next year! They
have spent this year not showing up for some games (ala Carolina, Kansas
City, Oakland) and others whipping very good teams (ala Tampa Bay,
Atlanta, New York Jets). Our Broncos have spent this year growing up.
Next year, they will have grown up.

We are watching next year's 13-3, Super Bowl team. You heard it here first. :coffee:

GO BRONCOS!!

-----

Northman
12-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Great job Top. You hit on all the right spots regarding this club. Why it is we can keep the gameplan similiar from week to week is beyond me. I know you have to throw different things at every opponent but to abandon your TE's and crossing routes alltogether is just silly.

KCL
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Send them to KC top and in return we'll send you Herm,Gun and Chan.:rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Send them to KC top and in return we'll send you Herm,Gun and Chan.:rolleyes:

I would rather have a high school coach over Herm Edwards :rofl:

Mike
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Mostly I agree....

But I don't think that Woodyard is the answer at safety. Maybe he can grown into it. But I'd rather see them move DJ over to MLB and keep Woodyard at WLB and then draft a real safety.

I did notice that our starter's came back today and the passion was missing from the defense.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I would rather have a high school coach over Herm Edwards :rofl:

I'd rather have Herm Edwards than Bob Slowik.

KCL
12-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I'd rather have Herm Edwards than Bob Slowik.

:faint:

frenchfan
12-15-2008, 03:11 AM
That's right Tops... We are rebuilding...

I had this talk with my brother (a Giants fan :tsk: :D) some years ago when Eli was drafted. I said that Giants would be a SB contender within 3-4 years.
Who can say I was wrong? :D

I think we did a great job about O.
There are still some growing pains though (and all those f-word injuries).

We have to go on with the D. I think our main pb is DL. We can't put pressure. It is not acceptable. A D can't allow this lack of pressure and do a good job IMO
Sure, I'm an old school about D... But all great D were all about tackling, hitting and pressure (or did I miss something?).

IMHO, we'll need 2 more years to really be a SB contender (if we improve the D).
I have greatests expectations for next year... I didn't have many for this year, so If we can reach the playoffs, that would be great. I don't think we have the level to win a SB yet. We're too soft.

Like you, I sometimes think we have a lack of passion... a lack of fire... We had it in some games, with our rookies...

I expect Jay to bring it and to really be our leader. If he wants to be compared to Elway, he'd better to grow up on that point. I don't care if his arm is stronger or not... If only he could be the leader John was... This is what the team misses nowadays...

We have the talent on O.
We will build a D.
We need emotion.

:salute:

horsepig
12-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Right on Frenchfan, you have nailed it IMO. I also did not expect much from this year's team. They continue to do things from a coaching staff point of view that mystify me though.

The wr screen is just plain WTF. How do you let guys like Woodyard that brought your D around some just sit on the bench.

Did DJ play well? Yes, but he does not seem to bring any fire to the D. DJ and Champ come back and along with Nate at mike we give up 30 to the f%$^%$ing Bills.

horsepig
12-22-2008, 07:20 AM
PS: Thank God Boss didn't come back too, or we might have given up 40.

claymore
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
This game made me sick. I dont like football anymore.