PDA

View Full Version : Broncos worked out 9 players Tuesday

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
We already knew about Darren Sharper, Quan Cosby and John Nalbone being at Dove Valley for work outs on Tuesday. Cosby, a wide receiver and punt returner, was signed to the active roster, and Nalbone was re-signed to the practice squad.

Five other players also got a look from the Broncos yesterday: DT Marcus Harrison; tight ends Dan Hardy and Martell Webb; and running backs Thomas Clayton, Anthony Elzy and Jalen Parmele.

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/21/broncos-worked-out-8-players-tuesday/9731/

silkamilkamonico
09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Good f'n grief Fox, enough with the TE's. Really.

dogfish
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
that noise you hear is us scraping the bottom of the barrell. . . .

:lol:

and i was hoping we could hold out until at least week six or seven before it came to this. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
that noise you hear is us scraping the bottom of the barrell. . . .

:lol:

and i was hoping we could hold out until at least week six or seven before it came to this. . . .

With all of the injuries which have occurred this year already, I imagine we are not the only team scraping the bottom of the barrell

dogfish
09-22-2011, 01:03 PM
With all of the injuries which have occurred this year already, I imagine we are not the only team scraping the bottom of the barrell

it's been bad. . . i think the predictions of more injuries this year due to the lockout are coming true. . .

it's still no excuse for our pathetic lack of functional depth, though. . .

i can't for the life of me figure out how our training and strength/conditioning staff manage to keep coming back year after year after year. . . at some point i'd think you'd want to go with someone else and at least SEE If you can get better results. . .

*shrugs*

i guess when it's notworking, stick with it. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM
it's been bad. . . i think the predictions of more injuries this year due to the lockout are coming true. . .

it's still no excuse for our pathetic lack of functional depth, though. . .

i can't for the life of me figure out how our training and strength/conditioning staff manage to keep coming back year after year after year. . . at some point i'd think you'd want to go with someone else and at least SEE If you can get better results. . .

*shrugs*

i guess when it's notworking, stick with it. . . .

This year, there was very little time for the training and strength/conditioning staff to work with the players. P. Manning has stated that if there had not been the lockout, or if the lockout had not lasted as long as it did, and he would have been able to have contact with the people he needed to within the Colt's organization, he would not have the continuing problems that he has had. Right now, it is projected that he will at be out at least 2 months.
There have already been many ACL injuries this year, and various other injuries to NFL players. To me, this is the total result of the lockout, and nothing to do with any training and strength/conditioning staff.

Jsteve01
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
you're darn Tuten hoptard. I really never bought into the idea that our trianing staff sucked this bad, but going back to 2008 when we lost 7 running backs. Our skill position players are always strugging with soft tissue injuries. It's ridiculous. Our top two receivers, number one running back and number one corner all have avoidable injuries. Tuten sucks.

slim
09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
This year, there was very little time for the training and strength/conditioning staff to work with the players. P. Manning has stated that if there had not been the lockout, or if the lockout had not lasted as long as it did, and he would have been able to have contact with the people he needed to within the Colt's organization, he would not have the continuing problems that he has had. Right now, it is projected that he will at be out at least 2 months.
There have already been many ACL injuries this year, and various other injuries to NFL players. To me, this is the total result of the lockout, and nothing to do with any training and strength/conditioning staff.

I think dogtard was looking at a larger sample size than just this season.

dogfish
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM

on a league-wide basis i would agree with you. . . but here in denver, we have a proud tradition of ridiculous amounts of groin and hamstring pulls-- we don't get to use the lockout as an excuse. . .

you're darn Tuten hoptard. I really never bought into the idea that our trianing staff sucked this bad, but going back to 2008 when we lost 7 running backs. Our skill position players are always strugging with soft tissue injuries. It's ridiculous. Our top two receivers, number one running back and number one corner all have avoidable injuries. Tuten sucks.

yep, this. . .

sneakers
09-24-2011, 06:39 AM

If Fox wanted to look at any more tight ends he'd have to go to a gay night club.

elsid13
09-24-2011, 07:57 AM

How can you blame Tuten, when he didn't see the guys all off season? All teams face the injuries and every fan base blames the trainer. It is the nature of the profession, that players get hurt.

silkamilkamonico
09-24-2011, 09:25 AM
How can you blame Tuten, when he didn't see the guys all off season? All teams face the injuries and every fan base blames the trainer. It is the nature of the profession, that players get hurt.

I think people are are quick to blame Tuten simply because of past repeated failures in our health and conditioning department on a consistent basis.

BroncoWave
09-24-2011, 09:43 AM

I've never seen people be such drama queens over players that we WORK OUT. Goof f'n grief...

Freyaka
09-24-2011, 11:54 PM
I unfortunatly think we're going to have to play the hand we've been dealt because there isn't really a lot out there to work with. Hopefully we can find a way to turn our limited amount of draft picks in next years draft into lots of picks and manage to fill some holes...

All said though I think with what little the defense has to work with they have performed past my expectations....it's the offense I wish would pick up their game and stop dropping the ball (figuratively and literally)